[Drama 2020/2021] Day and Night/Awaken, 낮과 밤

taskdramafanatic

If this drama was sci fi , there would have been some description about it, but there was nothing mentioned. All forums say it is a mystery / thriller genre . 

Is there no ost for this drama. I can't find anything on YouTube.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dev11O said:

If this drama was sci fi , there would have been some description about it, but there was nothing mentioned. All forums say it is a mystery / thriller genre . 

Is there no ost for this drama. I can't find anything on YouTube.

OST part1. IDIOTAPE-Gray Zone 

From Instagram.

I would not trust genre listings for this drama because It all says it’s a Romance on most places LOL 

So Far this is as romantic as Kill Bill..

2 hours ago, RobinM said:

OST part1. IDIOTAPE-Gray Zone 

From Instagram.

I would not trust genre listings for this drama because It all says it’s a Romance on most places LOL 

So Far this is as romantic as Kill Bill..

Thanks for the ost guys. Yes you are right I should not trust the genre listings.

How is the reception of this drama in Korea ?

Is the ratings good?

I just watched episode 3& 4 and this show became better. Now I want to know how Jamie and Jung Woo will do next when both know who they are. Of course  Hye-Won `s father was involved in the past experiense in the White Village. The abused man and the woman who took Jamie were from that village as well. I am not sure but it seems that everyone has a different superpower. I wonder if Hye Won is one of the survivor kids as well. She is younger than the others but probably she is not.

I don`t care to see the people provoking the suicide to the bad people being caught but I want to see how the victims of the experiment get justice. It is horible what they did to the children.

3 hours ago, Dev11O said:

Thanks for the ost guys. Yes you are right I should not trust the genre listings.

Is the ratings good?

Pretty decent ratings for a cable drama. Namgoong Min dramas normally enjoy high ratings and good review. I’m suspsecting SeolHyun’s bullying scandal might have affected the reception as well. Many Knetz wanted viewers to boycott this show. 

I am 99% sure Jung Woo is not a killer or one of the bad guys. He has to be Morally gray To punish  the Evil people who tortured him and the others and for That he needs To use Jaime. I assume they will soon be on the same page anyway.  

16 hours ago, akiera said:
  • Spoiler

• It felt like the plan was not to kill Son Minho. Jungwoo probably wanted to get something from the mansion which is otherwise inaccessible. 

• That Son minho's Lawyer had the same type of watch all the victims had. They showed it when Hyewon was trying get his laptop password.

• Also was it made clear anywhere, what kind of building it was near Modu to which every victim went? I mean it is a well taken cared room so there must be some staff and they must be paying taxes and stuff so it can't just be without any records. They found a building to which every victim went and the police found a laptop and conluded that it coul be used for therapy but who what when? Why so much ambiguity about that building?

• About Hye won, I saw another comment that she was praised for her physical strength which is supposedly even better than guys so if she turned out to be a kid in White Night village it could be the result of whatever incident happened. 

• Lee ji wook addressed Captain Do as 'Jung Woo Ya', they must have some past. 

• Can anyone clarify what was that scratch in Lee Jiwook's paper that made him think Jamie is the culprit? Same pattern of scratch in all the clues that were sent to him?

• And I only noticed Jamie catching that lollypop now. She threw it forward but she caught it defying the momentum. My gwaad I was so disappointed that she looked normal before. But she wasn't surprised or anything and I didn't notice such an ability during any past interactions of her. Jung woo extended his hand in front of her saying if she is that sensitive to hear muscle rupture, what did that scene mean? Also remember how she knew that the lady senior police officer was standing outside the window even though she didn't turn? Ahhh, someone please figure out Jamie for me. #SOS

• It will be weird if Jamie and Jungwoo turn out to be siblings lol. Because that 'yesterday night' misunderstanding by the team is so funny. But it was commented by other people that Jamie and Jungwoo look alike, like that tall drug dealer. 

• What was the significance of Hyewon and Lee Ji Wook crossing the road and had voice over of that Modu guy?

• When Jamie had that episode, she dreamed of children drawing on ground there were two groups of 4 children and her group seem to had one girl and three boys. So the fourth child?

• When that villain group was having their discussion one of the old guy seemed nervous and checked his watch, hmmmm. 

• Why did their director said not to call fire force while the briefing was happening?? 

• Also somehow 'Misdirection' is going to be important in this drama.

@Dev11O has answered most of your points but I agree that killing Son Min Ho didn't seem to be JW's main interest. Actually I thought it was weird that this murder (or attempted as Son Min Ho survives) seemed totally different to the previous deaths. I hope we will get a flashback to see what happened inside the mansion to cause the explosion.

I just rewatched episode 4 and nevermind the previous theory I posted.  I think the scratches on the paper that Lee Ji Wook noticed are some kind of printing fault on the police station printer which is why LJW thought the code breaker must be JW. jamie has appeared out of nowhere so he starts to suspect of the murders rather than JW.

Yes-the lollipop scene, even the effects when Jamie fell, her incredible hearing and JW seemed to be testing her again when he held out his arm (I didn't understand that part either). Air/soundwaves/telekinesis power for Jamie?

The villain who checked his watch - I actually wondered if maybe he was involved with setting up Son Min Ho's death or a clue that he will be next on the hit list?

I didn't understand why he said not to call the fire brigade either. Also notice the body language of the female policewoman during the report about Son Min Ho and White night Village.  She looked so uncomfortable.

13 hours ago, rocher22 said:

It seems to me that the boy 113 deliberately came in front of that shop ''Soonjung LP''.

Definitely!  It looked like JW deliberately sought that place and waited specifically for the owner to come out.

12 hours ago, Flames said:

Hi all, I’m very new here, I would like to chime in to the conversation. Hope you don’t mind :sweat_smile:...

The mirror scene, really indicates that he is hurt by what Jamie had said. One thing I picked up though, is that his eyes changed the minute he looked at the mirror. Something about his iris changing...Jamie’s words have definitely triggered him and something inside as well, his clenched fist also tells me that it’s the thing inside that is very very angry. If he is upset by what Jamie said, he wouldn’t have that kind of actions now is it? Just what I think, do give me your two cents as well :smile:

Welcome to the thread!:)

That scene was incredibly acted by NGM.  I actually wonder if whatever their hidden power is is associated with the Dissociative Identity Order JW mentions in the teaser.

13 hours ago, Dev11O said:

8) The possibility of a fourth child is very high. Why? Because there is more to this story . The monster that saved everyone could be this fourth child . What if this fourth child is the writer's plot twist. Jung woo is the one protecting everyone from this fourth child.

9) one thing that I noticed that the architect of bank robberies . That person is still missing. The robbers only stole the secret slush fund of min Ho and the bad guys. Why? Who is this architect? Is he important to the story , who is he/ she? What's that person's connection to all this?

The drama is fully covered misdirections. They have been mentioning it a few times. Who is the mastermind ? We maybe led to believe that this particular person is the killer but it to could be a misdirection. 

We will have to wait and see.

Really great points!  I agree there is a significance to the fourth child and as @akiera pointed out there was a fourth child playing with Jung Woo, Jamie and Jae Woong in Jamie's flashback.  Good point that JW might be protecting the others from this mystery fourth child.  It is significant that JW is only looking for two of the missing survivors.  Agree that the architect of that first robbery is significant to the plot.

@nat_phoenix88 Yes!  I noticed the back stoking was very similar to the child in the opening. Along with Jamie stating she made it happen when she was in a trance, it feels like this episode was pushing clues that Jamie's power caused the destruction of the village. 

11 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Another super power of Jung Woo??! His anger can harm the property around him??

But he lied to Jamie that he just slipped in the bathroom! :huh:

This scene where he started to lose control...I wonder if his lollies act as some kind of suppressant

8 hours ago, Dev11O said:

Is the ratings good?

The reception wasn't great.  A lot of people were turned off before the drama even aired because of Seolhyun's casting as she has a bad reputation as an actress and is involved with some controversies as an idol so this drama had lots of criticism before it even aired. Then the feedback for episodes in the first week wasn't too positive. So far ratings are in the 4% area which is just OK but not great for TVN especially for a drama starring the Nam Goong Min whose last two dramas were huge double ratings hits. However, this week's episodes seem to have received a better response and the ratings bounced back a little for episode 4 so, hopefully, they can hold onto a steady audience from now as the main plot kicks in.

4 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Jae Woong  didnt turn to look at Jung Woo when they passed each other.

It's so strange how these two seem to have a complete block when it comes to each other.  JW can predict so many things but can't visualise his face either.

I rewatched some scenes on viki as the translation tends to be clearer.

- i noticed during the Son Min Ho briefing. They state 7 minors were the only survivors

- one of Son Min Ho's accomplices states the 7 minors were retrieved or disposed of

- White Night Village was on an island! So the question is how the heck did the kids get off an island without being seen?:open_mouth:

- I didn't notice before that the second victim (Park Gyu Tae) and third victim (Baek Sung Jae) were directors at the White Night Foundation

The official TVN site has all the case reports:

http://program.tving.com/tvn/awaken/11/Board/View?b_seq=9

Screenshot of the 4 children at White Night Village:

My guess is Jamie is the child at the front, middle child is Jung Woo and child on his other side is Jae Woong and the mystery fourth child is the one further away

Credit to the Twitter accounts for the screencaptures:)

7 minors were the only survivors? Does that mean all the other children bodies were counted? Because we already have atleast 3 children out of their list. 

Is Jaewoong being with that Mudo guy is known to Son Minho or is he hiding Jaewoong and using his powers to his advantage? 

Also why did Son Minho called for Jamie to join the investigation? Is he aware of Jamie being one of the white night village kid? 

Do you think the two guys of the team are only their for comic relief and relationship dynamics? I didn't get any clue from here but it is a tradition in kdramas that one of the team member is a mole. 

26 minutes ago, akiera said:

7 minors were the only survivors? Does that mean all the other children bodies were counted? Because we already have atleast 3 children out of their list. 

Is Jaewoong being with that Mudo guy is known to Son Minho or is he hiding Jaewoong and using his powers to his advantage? 

Also why did Son Minho called for Jamie to join the investigation? Is he aware of Jamie being one of the white night village kid? 

Yes, according to their records only 7 minors survived. We already know Jaime turned up at US military base, and Jung woo went to that drug guy. The possibility of a fourth child involved is now gaining some weight, as jung woo was only looking for Jaime and jae woong .

If there was a fourth child , and these children do have some supernatural powers ,there is a chance the fourth child could be a psychopath or someone with a messiah complex of some kind. Since he is punishing all the bad guys.

It's a possibility that min Ho and other bad guys know that jae woong exists. But they probably thought it was okay to keep him due him future predicting abilities or him being weak. Jae woong is clearly showing signs of abuse with possible Stockholm syndrome. Since he was from the beginning socially withdrawn and have anxiety, he became a good keep . They clearly knew that he was not going to be a problem. Even if they didn't know jae woong's existence ,the modu guy knew it was best to keep him due to his skills.

What if these children planned to escape that village together that day ,but things didn't go as planned.

The fourth child turned into a monster making everyone kill each other. Maybe that's why the Jaime and JW said they made it happen. If this theory is right , then JW is really trying to save everyone from this guy.

The reason JW was sad when Jaime said a monster saved her could be because it was his plan to escape the village. He actually saved Jaime but she believes her saviour is a monster.

There are a lot things that doesn't make sense like why put complex psychological problems like DID in an already complex plot.

Why was son Minho not attacked the same way as other victims?

41 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Anyone else think they may be putting overly much into the plot? Complex is one thing. Confusing and and just adding more characters with Weird  powers can get tedious after awhile.

its still early to the drama so not really much to share. 

unless they add something in the second half of the drama then thats confusing. 

the first two week its like telling what should we know and what should we expect. 

so far we got lots of info and things will get more clear later on i believe.

for the romance part i guess it will be later guys. they need to develop the relationship first. would be weird if they suddenly got into romance part. but i still wonder whether its with lee chung ah or seolhyun tho haha 

16 hours ago, akiera said:

Do you think the two guys of the team are only their for comic relief and relationship dynamics? I didn't get any clue from here but it is a tradition in kdramas that one of the team member is a mole. 

- The 7 children on the "survivor" list doesn't include Jung Woo and Jamie. They somehow managed to avoid capture. I don't think Jae Woong is officially on the survivors list either otherwise Jung Woo would know about him. 

- I think that Mudo guy is hiding Moon Jae Woong and using his abilities for his benefit. People think he is the brains of the company but it is MJW behind the scenes. 

- I don't think Son Min Ho specifically called Jamie. He never mentions her and he has her in his home and doesn't try to find out about her or Jung Woo. Someone is pulling the strings behind the scenes but (as I said before) I don't think SMH is the Final Boss. 

-I have said the same about the other police team members. Besides comic relief Seok Pil is actually good at tech and surveillance so recruiting him makes sense. Hye Won recruited because of her dad. I am suspicious about Ji Wan because he is clueless and brings nothing to the team aside from comic relief. Why did JW choose him? 

13 hours ago, RobinM said:

Anyone else think they may be putting overly much into the plot? Complex is one thing. Confusing and and just adding more characters with Weird  powers can get tedious after awhile.

I do agree. This type of story needs tighter directing, writing and editing and I find the drama is ambitious but a little clunky in its execution so far. NGM's acting is hard carrying the drama along with LCA and the talented members of the supporting cast. The audience will get tired of being confused and questioning everything so they need to get the story moving. People are intrigued about the White Night Village mystery and Jung Woo-Jamie relationship and want to know more.  From what NGM and LCA have said in interviews it seems like the main plot will begin to kick in from Episode 5-6 so maybe the audience will start to get answers. 

I didnt expect HWs feelings for JW to be so strong...

Although she is a little louder he has a soft spot for her.

Jamie isnt romantically interested in JW, but she thinks he is handsome.

That scene when she spilled that tea was so fun.

I think he was a little scared. :D

I like that fine mental fight between them.

sexy...

EoJ3ZRnUcAI8YzO?format=jpg&name=4096x409

from TvN 

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

I didnt expect HWs feelings for JW to be so strong...

Although she is a little louder he has a soft spot for her.

Jamie isnt romantically interested in JW, but she thinks he is handsome.

That scene when she spilled that tea was so fun.

I think he was a little scared. :D

I like that fine mental fight between them.

sexy...

from TvN 

Yes, Hye won does have strong feelings for JW. But it's weird , I don't know if it is because of the actress or her character is written in that way. HW seems to be obsessed, jealous and annoying most of the times. 

It has irritated a lot of audience. Most of the viewers are shipping Jaime and JW ( me also, sorry) . If there is no love line between them, then the audience want no love line at all. Some just wants to keep it as just a mystery / thriller series with no love line.

I personally believe the chance of Jaime and JW falling in love is less. But since only 4 episodes are over and there is more to go, who knows it can happen.

Archived