[Drama 2020/2021] Day and Night/Awaken, 낮과 밤

taskdramafanatic

On 12/11/2020 at 4:24 PM, RobinM said:

Same reason he wants high fives... He and she are connected by touch somehow. Also They Mentioned something about her not liking being touched touching. Perhaps the doctors performed experiments  on them 

I don't think it has to do with touch as she would be touching his jacket - not his skin like with a high-five.  Jamie doesn't like being touched but tolerates DJW touching her for some reason. Both she and Jae Woong have OCD and disliked being touched because of the trauma (and physical abuse for poor Jae Woong:tears:)

On 12/11/2020 at 4:54 PM, rocher22 said:

I didnt quite understand why he did it either.

Jamie said that she felt the muscles of that girl and that she may have been injured.

In the scene in that passage it seems that there were some touches between Jamie and JW...

I guess JW meant that scene...:unsure:

Right.  I understood the part about Jamie feeling the muscles of the girl getting ruptured. But I rewatched the scene and i still don't understand the correlation with DJW saying he made a mistake, couldn't put his force into it and asking jamie to touch him again now his arm is flexed. I think either there is some mistranslation or they cut a scene out or something?:wacko:

On 12/11/2020 at 8:12 PM, Dev11O said:

According to the preview description of episode 5 on TVN website , Hye won continues to search for Jung woo in the accident site in hopes of him being still alive.

The kidnapped Jaime recalls  memories of the past that she had lost while running away and she solves a puzzle of incidents that seemed unrelated to each other.

If this description is right , then I am very much excited for Jaime to recall everything and join forces with Jung woo.

Thanks. We know DJW obviously isn't dead so there is not much suspense there:rolleyes:

We need to know who kidnapped Jamie and why:cold_sweat:  She appears to be in restraints in hospital pyjamas but who would kidnap an American citizen law enforcement official to put her in a hospital and why? My theory is DJW is behind it for some reason. 

Excited for Jamie to start to recall her memories and solving the puzzles.  It seems like DJW, Jamie, the female private investigator and that Lee Ju Wook reporter are the only "good guys" with any investigative skills. The rest of the police are useless. The tabloid journalist has better skills than them!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is right, the only people with real investigate abilities are these people . Until now Hye won is only irritating, I seriously hope it changes and she is able to find the truth. Even if there is no love line ,I am okay with it.

Even TVN seems to know that the highest number of shippers are for Jaime and JW. 

I don't want to ship them , because I am afraid there is not going to be a romantic plot for both of them. 

( But I want one, which is the truth)

The last 4 episodes show them getting more close, only downfall is that Jaime is still suspicious of JW and it seems as if it is only increasing. 

I hope they join hands together and take the villians down.

TVN knows what people want. I have a feeling they were waiting to see who most viewers shipped JW with and adjust accordingly since they can do that with the live shoot system. Seems to be mostly Seol Hyuns Fans who want her to be the love interest  anyway

At this point She would probably punch him If HW did not first then her mysophobia would go crazy LOL. Seriously . There won’t be kissing in this drama no matter about the love line. Just can’t see it. But I do hope I am wrong:)

On 12/13/2020 at 1:42 AM, RobinM said:

That’s great! Love to know what they are saying! 

Eduction: The NGM is subbed on erisintrouble IG:)

Thanks for the heads up!  I just found a Lee Chung Ah Twitter fan account that translated some of her video too! :grin:

21 hours ago, Dev11O said:

Even TVN seems to know that the highest number of shippers are for Jaime and JW. 

I don't want to ship them , because I am afraid there is not going to be a romantic plot for both of them. 

( But I want one, which is the truth)

The last 4 episodes show them getting more close, only downfall is that Jaime is still suspicious of JW and it seems as if it is only increasing. 

I hope they join hands together and take the villians down.

I know what you mean.  I don't trust the people behind this drama so I am trying not to get too invested in this Jung Woo-Jamie ship even though their scenes, visuals, interactions and chemistry are incredible and there is no doubt if there is a loveline this should be the OTP.

I think once JW is honest with her and her memories start to come back, Jamie will start to trust him and they can move forward.  Right now the problem for Jamie is certain things aren't adding up and she can feel JW is lying about something but she doesn't know exactly what it is he is concealing from her and JW won't admit he is lying. That's why Jamie keeps coming back to the murderer theory because that's the most logical thing for him to be lying about.  I don't think deep down she really believes he is a cold-blodded murderer because she doesn't treat him like one: we have seen she isn't afraid of him, she is comfortable alone with him, she talks and opens up to him in the most recent episode.  She even returns his random high-fives even though she doesn't like touching!:lol:

@RobinM I think they are quite far ahead of airing. According to LCA's IG Story yesterday they are currently filming episode 14

3b4e470ed63a4109ba34775c3b7757dc.jpeg?s=

3 Intriguing Mysteries That Are Keeping “Awaken” Viewers Guessing

Dec 14, 2020

by E. Cha

The plot continues to thicken on tvN’s exciting new mystery drama “Awaken”!

“Awaken” is a murder mystery drama that follows the connections between mysterious events unfolding in the present and the secrets behind an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 28 years ago.

Just four episodes into its run, the drama has already given viewers countless mysteries to solve—and inspired a flurry of speculation about potential answers to those riddles.

Spoilers

Here are three of the mysteries that are keeping “Awaken” viewers on the edge of their seats:

1. What happened at the White Night Village, and could Do Jung Woo or Jamie be the serial killer?

Previously on “Awaken,” it was revealed that both Do Jung Woo (played by Namgoong Min) and Jamie (played by Lee Chung Ah) were from the White Night Village. Interestingly, however, this information only served to make each character more suspicious of the other—and they didn’t shy away from letting each other know just how strongly they suspected one another.

All the secrecy surrounding the White Night Village—and the trauma that gave Jamie her amnesia—has piqued viewers’ curiosity as to what exactly took place there all those years ago. The drama has also repeatedly raised the question of whether Do Jung Woo or Jamie could possibly be the serial killer that has the entire nation trembling in fear.

2. Who is sending Lee Ji Wook the advance warnings, and why?

In the latest episode of “Awaken,” Lee Ji Wook (played by Yoon Kyung Ho) came to the startling revelation that all of the advance warnings he received about the serial murders had been sent by someone on the special task force. The reporter realized that not only the advance warnings, but also the anonymous message he received from the person who had cracked the code had all been printed using the same printer. He therefore began to suspect Jamie, concluding that if the killer wasn’t Do Jung Woo, it was likely to be her.

The question remains of who is behind the advance warnings—and what is their true motive for sending them to Lee Ji Wook?

3. How are Son Min Ho and Oh Jung Hwan connected to the serial killings?

Viewers have been paying especially close attention to the mysterious character of Son Min Ho, the fifth “forewarned-murder” victim and the past leader of the White Night Village (played by Choi Jin Ho). In the latest episode of the drama, it came to light that he was involved in some shady back-door dealings with Oh Jung Hwan, the President’s Chief of Staff (played by Kim Tae Woo), and Jang Yong Sik, the CEO of the widely-used portal site MODU (played by Jang Hyuk Jin).

During a secret meeting between Son Min Ho’s lawyer and such powerful individuals, it was hinted that the topic of the White Night Village was a taboo that was not to be discussed. It remains to be seen whether these influential men have any relation to the serial killer case—and if so, what other secrets they might be hiding.

The next episode of “Awaken” will air on December 14 at 9 p.m. KST. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443355wpp/3-intriguing-mysteries-that-are-keeping-awaken-viewers-guessing

@gm4queen Thank you for posting:) The article asks three of the very many questions we have! 

I didn't realise Kim Tae Woo's character was the President's Chief of Staff.  This whole project goes very high up! The police chief keeps talking about higher ups and we know someone very senior picked Jamie to join the police team.

At least this article answered one of the questions from last week: it was the printer mark that Lee Ji Wook noticed on the paper and made him realise the code breaker was someone from the police station.

Some stills from a article for episode 5. Interestingly, DJW has a new look (new suit and new hair!) :coolshades: Is it a flashback or new DJW after the fire incident? 

:lollipop:Cute new fanart of our leading faves with their lollipops

7 hours ago, raziela said:

I think once JW is honest with her and her memories start to come back, Jamie will start to trust him and they can move forward.  Right now the problem for Jamie is certain things aren't adding up and she can feel JW is lying about something but she doesn't know exactly what it is he is concealing from her and JW won't admit he is lying. That's why Jamie keeps coming back to the murderer theory because that's the most logical thing for him to be lying about.  I don't think deep down she really believes he is a cold-blodded murderer because she doesn't treat him like one: we have seen she isn't afraid of him, she is comfortable alone with him, she talks and opens up to him in the most recent episode.  She even returns his random high-fives!:lol:

I also thought that , if she thinks he is a killer , why talk to him so comfortably and return his weird high fives.

I also believe that if her doubts are cleared ,she will trust him and help him.

One mystery solved is the printer marks thing, but there are plenty .

I hope we get more answers in the coming episodes . I hope they won't complicate this story more.

NGM's Instagram says the culprit will be revealed tonight (can't find a Twitter link) 

LCA's Instagram translation. She also has English hashtag: #Idontknowwhoyouare

@Dev11O If JW is involved with the kidnapping it might cause some trust issues again lol:ph34r:

Looking forward to some more answers this week.

1 hour ago, Dev11O said:

I don't have any words to explain this series . It's crazy ... It's ...oh.. gosh .. This episode was crazy , the next is crazier.

Really? I can't watch until I get home. I hope some of our questions were answered:sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Preview for episode 6. :D

Thank you! DJW is in prison now?:o Maybe they are trying to get some of the Doctor Prisoner audience interested haha! :lol: 

Needs more Jamie:angry:

That lady scientist again and maybe the other doctor is young Gong Il Do in his experimenting on innocent children past:rolleyes:

So there was a stair case to an underground passage & Jung Won just popped-up! :o

How can a man be this hot at 40??! :o Preview for episode 6!

1 hour ago, Dev11O said:

I don't have any words to explain this series . It's crazy ... It's ...oh.. gosh .. This episode was crazy , the next is crazier.

Absolutely!!! 100% crazy! Can't wait for eng sub! :heart:

Archived