[Drama 2020/2021] Day and Night/Awaken, 낮과 밤

taskdramafanatic

1 hour ago, Soar Wi said:

I definitely feel that jungwoo is protecting someone but who is it? Jamie doesn't seem too great a candidate for the serial murders although she may be the one who caused the tragedy 28 years ago. 

On the other hand, jamie and jaewoong are so cute together its like 2 dorks meeting and having fun in a convenience store:love:. I don't really mind if they are siblings or lovers both works for me!

Also anyone have any guesses whether jamie has superpowers and if yes what would it be?

JW is protecting someone, in this situation it's hard to predict who.

At first I thought Jaime but now the chances of her being the killer is very low.

Which brings to the question , is there a hidden child, like the possibility of a fourth child.

Jaime do have some specialities, she is highly intelligent , her resume is the evidence of that.

She was able to calculate the speed and distance of the truck approaching her after she escaped from the hospital.

She has high stamina ,she can run fast .

But her ability is now limited, Maybe due to trauma.

It's possible that she too can make that lights flickering stuff happen.

She is quick learner too.

The surgery part is confusing, it's said that the surgery removed a lesion from her brain. 

Will this surgery help her to unlock her abilities? 

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dev11O said:

At first I thought Jaime but now the chances of her being the killer is very low.

Which brings to the question , is there a hidden child, like the possibility of a fourth child.

Jaime do have some specialities, she is highly intelligent , her resume is the evidence of that.

She was able to calculate the speed and distance of the truck approaching her after she escaped from the hospital.

The surgery part is confusing, it's said that the surgery removed a lesion from her brain. 

Guess we gotta wait for the show to give us the clues...

I kinda want jamie to have telekinesis hahaha

Hmm for now i would think the surgery is to just save her and nothing else but it can indirectly lead to her getting her memories back and unlocking her abilities who knows? 

This show is so fun:2540_meh:

Thoughts on episode 6:

NGM wasn't lying when he said Episode Six is where the real story starts! I even saw some Korean NGM fans joking that Awaken is actually a 12 episode drama and the first four episodes were just a separate prologue LMAO:lol::lol::lol:

If the drama had condensed episodes 1-5 instead of dragging out the lacklustre serial killer plot and introduced this real story in the second week the ratings would be much better. This episode was surprisingly good with some of the thrills and tension that was lacking earlier in the drama. The story is finally picking up the pace, White Night Village and its occupants and mysteries take centre stage, DJW's motives revealed, introduced to our villains and henchman and, most importantly, Moon Jae Woong finally gets to do something besides eat ramen!!!!!

-White Night Village was one big research lab with the children as lab rats:tears: Those scenes were disturbing:tears:

- JW, Jamie and MJW are all at a higher level than regular humans beings in physical and cognitive abilities. It was fascinating listening to our villains converse about them as we saw them exhibit some of their abilities. 

- Little Jamie and JW were very close in White Night Village.  When they hugged after their friend dies, little JW he did that patting motion we saw from the child who made the disaster happen and Jamie when she hugged her adopted mother.  I think 157 who came over to play with them is the youngest child who was also at the scene of the disaster.  I suspect 157 is Moon Jae Woong.

- In Jamie's recollection of the disaster in this episode, the child wasn't little JW or Jamie:ph34r:

- DJW said he was born in WNV which makes me think maybe they were some kind of test tube babies but that doesn't make sense because the occupants are aged 3-14.  I wonder if he meant it figuratively as in WNV made him into what he is.

- as we guessed DJW was the one who arranged for Jamie's kidnap and surgery.  DJW acts nonchalant but one of the first things he asks about is her headaches and bad dream.  He seems determined to hide the truth from her and wants her to go back to US.  He is trying to protect her.  He wants her to leave, forget and live a normal life.

- DJW getting caught was all part of his plan.  He also knows he is dying and wants to get his revenge and end the White night Foundation before he dies.  I am pretty certain its going to be a tragic ending.

- I've seen people upset that Jamie believes DJW is the culprit but it is clear she is still going to investigate further.  She is a logical person so if the evidence (and DJW himself) says he is guilty, then she will believe the evidence until proven otherwise which is exactly why she is still investigating. As she says to DJW when he tried to send her away and in her voiceover at the end: it isn't finished/over.

- Hye Won's insane jealousy reared its head again and she throws a tantrum when Jamie dared to act like she knew DJW.  So far Jamie has shown herself to be an excellent judge of character and is a psychologist with a PhD whose job is to read and understand people. Hye Won was only recruited and worked with DJW for TWO years but acts like he is a partner of 50 years. Just delusional! She is such an unlikeable character:rolleyes: She is going to lose her mind when she finds out how far back DJW and Jamie actually go.  i love that Jamie was just, like, sure, whatever I'm not going to waste time arguing with this childish woman.

- Moon Jae Woong is so cute!  Jamie and MJW together are adorable together! So cute how comfortable they are with each other and they even did the twinning thing again.  I've seen people shipping them but I feel like they have a very cute big sis/little bro vibe (which seems likely if he is child 157).  Chemistry Queen Lee Chung Ah has effortless sparks with all the guys!:heart:

- Moon Jae Woong is adorable and want him to be protected...but I get the feeling if any of the surviving trio is a danger with Dissociative Identity Disorder, it is him:tears:

- I think the 42 year old WNV survivor is Oh Jung Hwan's henchman.  Notice his reflexes when OJH dropped the glass. OJH also mentions that he is loyal because he believes the Foundation will fix his brain. He must be experiencing the same cerebral side effects that has killed all the other survivors and that JW had Jamie operated on to heal.

- Oh Jung Hwan's son is the cocky schoolboy from the first episode who witnessed the first predicted death of the teen rapist.

- the woman doctor standing at the end with Gong Il Do looks like the female doctor Cho Hyun Hee.

Hi everyone, 

This drama is getting more riveting each episode and deserves higher ratings.

NGM as DJW and LCA as JM have been so captivating. I hope they get much more well-deserved recognition after this. I’m loving the chemistry between them, be it romance or not. The scene where little JW and JM hugged is unexpectedly warm and makes me long so much for one and more from their adult versions. It need not be man-woman love (although more than welcomed if that is the case), just as friends who understand, trust, and comfort each other. Please Writer- nim, at least give us that.

Some thoughts after rewatching ep6:

I am now sure jamie calculated how far the truck is going to stop as she took a small step back after tapping(?) her fingers. But how did she know the time when the truck-driver found her on the road? Did some calculations after seeing the time when she boarded the truck?

With jaewoong supposedly having the knowledge/ability to lucid dream, could he be the murderer we are looking for instead?

The 4th guy from WNV is an interesting addition!

Now this is where it all starts!

On 12/16/2020 at 1:26 PM, larus said:

I believe that Jung Woo knows who influence those badddies to killed themselves but he doesn`t want to catch the culprit. He wants to protect him/her. Even if he did, I totally understand why he did it.

That's what I think too. He knows one of the children from WNV is the killer but he doesn't want them to be caught because they are the real victims and the evil people associated with the Foundation deserve to be punished.

On 12/16/2020 at 2:32 PM, Soar Wi said:

On the other hand, jamie and jaewoong are so cute together its like 2 dorks meeting and having fun in a convenience store:love:. I don't really mind if they are siblings or lovers both works for me!

Also anyone have any guesses whether jamie has superpowers and if yes what would it be?

The way Jamie and MJW bonded is so cute.  I noticed that she doesn't really trust the rest of the not so special "special team".  She didn't tell them about her abduction, that she is also from WNV or about her lingering suspicions about the case. The only one in the team she really had a relationship with was DJW but other than that I get the feeling she is a bit odd and a loner - just like Jung Woo and MJW.

I think Jamie has powers but they are locked away with her memories which she has repressed due to the trauma.  My guess is some type of telekinesis or telepathy. Like @RobinM if she was powerless or defective the disgusting people behind WNV this would have thrown her away.  She has all the other exceptional abilities of the other WNV children except the superpower.  i also wonder what her weather element would be.  JW  is associated with lightening/electricity, Moon Jae Woong with rain.  Jamie with wind?

On 12/16/2020 at 3:04 PM, rocher22 said:

I liked...

-  the scene between Jamie and Jae Woong in the convenience store...

-  that scene in the woods because of Jungwoo. He looks powerful.

There was a pure pleasure on his face when he stabbed MH.

Its clear that he has been waiting for that moment for years.

Totally agree. I also loved that the drama went there and allowed JW be an anti-hero and take genuine pleasure in stabbing SMH after all these years.

On 12/16/2020 at 3:18 PM, Dev11O said:

On 12/16/2020 at 3:29 PM, Soar Wi said:

Hmm for now i would think the surgery is to just save her and nothing else but it can indirectly lead to her getting her memories back and unlocking her abilities who knows? 

This show is so fun

I loved the cool scene where she calculated the truck distanceB)  The surgery was to remove the lesions but I wonder if it's also had the effect of making her memories more clearer.  More and more memories seem to be coming back to her and she mentioned that her memories are getting clearer.

On 12/17/2020 at 1:30 AM, Xiexie said:

Hi everyone, 

This drama is getting more riveting each episode and deserves higher ratings.

NGM as DJW and LCA as JM have been so captivating. I hope they get much more well-deserved recognition after this. I’m loving the chemistry between them, be it romance or not. The scene where little JW and JM hugged is unexpectedly warm and makes me long so much for one and more from their adult versions. It need not be man-woman love (although more than welcomed if that is the case), just as friends who understand, trust, and comfort each other. Please Writer- nim, at least give us that.

Welcome to the forum and the thread!:heart:  Love your post and i so agree NGM and LCA as their respective characters have so much natural chemistry. It makes their scenes together so magnetic.  I don't think the drama is going down the romance route which is fine because it isn't necessary for the drama but it's obvious they cared about each other a lot (and DJW still does) and are deeply connected and I can't wait until Jamie remembers that bond. I agree that I would love to see them hug again in the adult forms and give each other that warmth and comfort again.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:39 AM, Soar Wi said:

Some thoughts after rewatching ep6:

I am now sure jamie calculated how far the truck is going to stop as she took a small step back after tapping(?) her fingers. But how did she know the time when the truck-driver found her on the road? Did some calculations after seeing the time when she boarded the truck?

With jaewoong supposedly having the knowledge/ability to lucid dream, could he be the murderer we are looking for instead?

The 4th guy from WNV is an interesting addition!

Now this is where it all starts!

She does this tapping fingers gesture a lot. Even during her first appearance on the plane. I don't know if it's just a symptom of her OCD or her brain doing quick calculations.  The truck scene was so smooth especially as she looked so cool and the driver looked so shakenB)  I wasn't sure about how she knew the time unless they were just showing her photographic memory that she remembered the time exactly whereas most people would round it up and say it was 21:45 or something.

JW was looking for Jamie and Jaw Woong at the start of the drama because the murders reminded him of the WNV massacre so he suspected a WNV survivor was behind the murders.  After meeting Jamie again he established that she wasn't guilty (wasn't in the country, didn't recognise the first victim, lost her memory)  I don't think Jaewoong having the ability to lucid dream necessarily means he is the murderer because lots of people can lucid dream but it's definitely a clue.  I think it's very significant that DJW has a complete block on him and can't recognise MJW even when they are in the same place.

I'm excited for the known WNV survivor.  He looks badass!

Yes, it feels like episode 6 is when the drama really starts! No wonder NGM was asking viewers to wait for episode 6. It's very risky because it is veey hard to attract new viewers or bring viewers back nearly halfway through a drama.

Episode 7 preview description from TVN-

Both Hye won and the special team are shocked to find JW has a deadline.(terminal illness)

Meanwhile, people who know the truth about white village target JW for different reasons.

Reporter Lee ji wook get another warning. Is the murder case not over yet?

Jungwoo pleaded guilty and he was arrested. 

Thats enough for Jamie and the case is over. 

I dont like her cold and arrogant behavior.

The writer inconsistently portrays her.

HW doesnt give up easily.

Im glad that  she is so persistent and noisy because its clear that

she is the only one who wants to help JW.

I think Jamie is a logical and rational person. She is seeing facts and analyzing them, which led her to suspect JW as early as she joined the team. Since then everything JW did only to reinforce that (and I think that’s it his intention to let everyone think so). As an adult Jamie has just known JW for a few weeks, he’s like a stranger to her. Not like the rest of the team, to whom JW has been their easy going captain for a few years. Therefore it’s understandable to me that Jamie’s reaction to current situation is looking cold compared to the others. HW is in denial because she’s had a chance to know him as a good captain for years (like the other young member Ji Wan, who also seems to care for JW a lot). But I doubt her desperate reaction is partly because of her crush for JW.

I think Jamie is still quietly pondering over the whole case, judging from her conversations with JW and Jae Woong. She’s still struggling to figure out who JW really is as a person, his real intentions, but JW keeps pushing her away. And I like that though Jamie seems to accept the fact that JW’s the killer, she doesn’t judge that his doing is evil or wrong.

I can’t wait for Jamie to finally recover her memories, to remember her bond with JW. They need each other. I hope together they can bring out the truth about the foundation.

@raziela thank you for your welcome and reply. I too hope Jamie recovers her memories soon. Jae Woong also, I think he also lost his childhood memory. Out of the trio, I feel so sorry for him. I’ m glad now he seems to find a friend in Jamie.

7 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Jungwoo pleaded guilty and he was arrested. 

Thats enough for Jamie and the case is over. 

I dont like her cold and arrogant behavior.

The writer inconsistently portrays her.

HW doesnt give up easily.

Im glad that  she is so persistent and noisy because its clear that

she is the only one who wants to help JW.

I actually like Jamie’s character the best because aside from Jung Woo, she’s the only one who is making sense of her actions. She decides based on facts and not on feelings which has always been the portrayal of a typical Korean heroine. Let’s just wait if this demeanor will change once she remembers everything which I bet will.

Hye Won on the other hand, a police officer, acts like she’s not. 

@rocher22 Um...you don't seem to understand Jamie in episode 6 at all.  The drama portrays her very consistently.  Listen to her words and look at her actions.  She is still investigating.  The case is not closed for Jamie.  She literally says to "it isn't over" whan Jung Woo tells her to go home as she has caught the culprit.  The final voiceover of the episode (when JW opens his eyes) is from Jamie: "I've liked riddles ever since I was a child.  However, I am no longer satisfied with merely finding the answer.  Because nothing has ended yet" 

Jamie is a rational and logical person and everything including Jung Woo's own admission of guilt prove that he is guilty of a crime. There is no doubt he would be proven guilty in any court of law so Jamie is following the correct procedure.  Law isn't about gut feelings or instincts, it is about facts - even more so when the accused pleads guilty to the crime as Jung Woo has. And that is exactly why Jung Woo has deliberately acted and planted clues and motives so that he would be found guilty.  It was all part of his plan. Also even if DJW isn't guilty, he is covering for whomever did commit the crimes which is a crime of itself.  @Xiexie makes a great point that Jamie doesn't judge Jung Woo personally for the crimes. I think it's more interesting that even though she believes he is likely guilty, she doesn't paint things as black and white and that he is automatically bad or evil for the murders.

Jamie has only known DJW for a few weeks and she is still trying to get figure him out.  She doesn't have the history with him (well, she does but she doesn't know it yet!:P) that his not so special-special team who look up to him does.  However, throughout the episode Jamie is still questioning, pondering exactly what is going on and is still investigating on her own as we saw during her internal monologues and when she spoke to Jae Woong because she knows there is more to the story than Jung Woo is admitting.  The difference between her ahd Hye Won is that Jamie knows how to keep quiet, play her cards close to her chest and move in silence unlike Hye Won who is a terrible, loud cop allowing her bias and obsession with Jung Woo to colour her judgement.  Being noisy is foolish and is not the way a competent investigator behaves and it's the worst way to behave when it's obvious someone is trying to bury the case but HW is dumb and hot-headed. It's actually embarrassing how reliant she is on Lee Ji Wook to do even the most simple investigation. 

Totally agree with your excellent posts @Xiexie @x_x___chi  One of the reasons I love Jamie because her character behaves in an intelligent, rational manner and uses logic whilst still being endearing and interesting.  She is such a refreshing heroine:wub:

5 hours ago, Xiexie said:

@raziela thank you for your welcome and reply. I too hope Jamie recovers her memories soon. Jae Woong also, I think he also lost his childhood memory. Out of the trio, I feel so sorry for him. I’ m glad now he seems to find a friend in Jamie.

You are welcome for the welcome!:D I am so curious about how the three children all became separated and Jae Woong ended up under Jang Yong Shik working as the brains behind the internet portal.  Yong Shik was the young staff member freaking out during the WNV disaster.  Why wasn't he affected like all the other people killed?  How did he escape? How did he go from that to a powerful business owner keeping MJW in captivity?   

On 12/18/2020 at 3:37 AM, raziela said:

This show is so fun

Expand  

I think she can control momentum? There was this scene with the lollypop where she threw it forward but caught it in the next scene. That is clearly against the science we know so that must mean something. But it is frustrating when they don't develop further on that. 

BTW, each time JW or Jamie dreams about that fateful night scenes their perspectives change about the same incident. Jamie sees herself and Jungwoo sees himself too. That hand patting gesture is also done by both. I am slightly confused at this pt, so anyone has a clear idea about who did what at that night?

The scene with the lollipop according to me has nothing to do with her powers, but it's actually a common trick used by magicians.

When they do that as viewers we only see front part of their palm, we are misdirected. The lollipop is hidden from our view , it never disappears. But we think it vanishes.Due to the angle, our view is blocked. You can check it in youtube, there are plenty of card tricks , they do this exactly like she did.

The events of the nights are still not clear, they never showed it. Only a small portion is shown. In both versions, Jaime says she did and JW says he did. It's not clear, who made it happen. 

I think the coming episodes will tell more about that night.

I still believe JW did it but probably to save Jaime.

JW can't seem to recall jae woong's face , that bothers me . Why?

Why him? In case of Jaime,JW didn't have any problem. He remembered her or atleast could draw her current picture.

I also believe , only the 3 kids were able to achieve these powers , rest of the children were not like these 3.

They must have had high IQ. But the experiments were only a complete success in case of these 3. 

I guess we will have to wait and watch. At this point , the drama can pull all kinds of crazy twists.

@raziela@x_x___chiJamie is smart and rational. JW is a killer, for her.

That would have been okay if he didnt told her he was from WNV.

Thats the only reason she should have been suspicious and on his side.

Im disappointed that this scene even happened...

Jamie - ''You still cant believe it''

HW - ''I think there is more''

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

@raziela@x_x___chiJamie is smart and rational. JW is a killer, for her.

That would have been okay if he didnt told her he was from WNV.

Thats the only reason she should have been suspicious and on his side.

Im disappointed that this scene even happened...

Jamie - ''You still cant believe it''

HW - ''I think there is more''

Jaime is smart . One of her character traits is that she is always logical and practical. She was dispatched to Korea as a consultant criminologist. She was always curious about her past, that is true. But she wanted to do her job first.

Then she met JW, who was planting suspicions in her mind for execution of his plans.

He succeeded in that.He deliberately said he was from WNV for providing a motive to her. 

This was all his plan from the beginning, if it wasn't for his plan, I don't think he will ever tell her he was from WNV.

Her role as a consultant is over. She got the culprit.

But now she is curious about her past, why JW did it? Whether she was the one who caused that incident in the past? Like that she is suspicious about many things. She solved the riddle JW gave her but now she wants to know these answers to her questions. 

As in case of Hye won, her crush or so called love for JW is what motivates her, she is looking for another answer, where JW is not the culprit.

In coming episodes, Jaime will figure out that she was just a pawn in JW's plans. Then everything will change.

Let’s look at it From her POV: JW has only been frustratingly cryptic, stressful and borderline threatening to her when she asks for answers.  He is not her friend. Hye Won has the loyalty of a team member And the power of her crush/fixation so of course she will believe he is innocent. 

@Dev11OI understand his actions, but I expected Jamie to ask something about him in that prison scene.

My heart sank because of that.

I love Jungwoo and I want someone to tell him that he isnt a monster.

Anyway, Im still expecting some romance between the two of them. :D

Unless they changed the plot line (which is entirely possible) romance is listed a genre In this drama. It’s a little hard to believe where they will fit it in and between whom and to what degree but it will be interesting to see that development:)

On 12/18/2020 at 3:19 PM, Dev11O said:

Episode 7 preview description from TVN-

Both Hye won and the special team are shocked to find JW has a deadline.(terminal illness)

Meanwhile, people who know the truth about white village target JW for different reasons.

Reporter Lee ji wook get another warning. Is the murder case not over yet?

We know people are after JW for two reasons: to eliminate him as a survivor of WNV AND for the formula he discovered.  i wonder what the formula was for?

Wasn't expecting another murder warning but I suppose there are still nasty people associated with WNV to be killed:ph34r: i hope they don't spend too much time on this because the targets are all a-holes who the audience have no connection to so it's not like anyone really cares if they die or not.  And the killer not actually committing the murders means there is no tension or risk of them being caught at the scene. 

23 hours ago, akiera said:

BTW, each time JW or Jamie dreams about that fateful night scenes their perspectives change about the same incident. Jamie sees herself and Jungwoo sees himself too. That hand patting gesture is also done by both. I am slightly confused at this pt, so anyone has a clear idea about who did what at that night?

it still isn't clear because as you said the drama keeps showing the scene from different perspectives.  We have seen Jamie and JW and the third child all say they made this happen.  I still feel like Jamie was responsible because it seems like JW is protecting her and when she asked if she did it, JW didn't say no. 

20 hours ago, Dev11O said:

JW can't seem to recall jae woong's face , that bothers me . Why?

Why him? In case of Jaime,JW didn't have any problem. He remembered her or atleast could draw her current picture.

I also believe , only the 3 kids were able to achieve these powers , rest of the children were not like these 3.

They must have had high IQ. But the experiments were only a complete success in case of these 3. 

I guess we will have to wait and watch. At this point , the drama can pull all kinds of crazy twists.

JW's mental block on Jae Woong is very puzzling and must be significant.  They have been in close proximity at least twice and JW hasn't recognised him or felt anything at all compared to Jamie who he recognised at first sight.

I agree it seems like JW, Jamie and MJW seem to be the most successful of the experiments and transcended with their abilities. 

It will be interesting to see what the 42 year old is capable of. So far we have seen he has excellent reflexes.

Of the survivors: Jung Woo's existence as a WNV survivor is now exposed. I don't think Jang Yong Shik has told anyone in the White Night Foundation group about Moon Jae Woong.  Jamie seems to be a wildcard because nobody knows she was a WNV child except Jung Woo.  There is the question of why she was selected to help with the investigation.  Maybe someone suspected her but I think the combination of her memory loss and Jung Woo taking the responsibility for the murders might have taken suspicion off her.  

TVN uploaded a cute video with Yoon Sun Woo making coffee because why not?:D

People don't realize all that this drama is revealing.  Whoever wrote this script is definitely 'awakened' to what is happening in the world.  If you don't know what I am talking about look up MK Ultra or read about Operation Paperclip in the US after WWII.

What Captain Do is trying to reveal is not what happened back in the day but what continues to this day, all over the world.  

I'm sure it will be revealed he and the doctor Jaimie are brother and sister.

Can't wait for next episode

Archived