[Drama 2020/2021] Day and Night/Awaken, 낮과 밤

taskdramafanatic

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rating of this drama is falling and I'm not surprised. The story is quite interesting, but their mistake is that they made the main character such an inexperienced actress, who is also involved in the scandal, and they continue to give her a lot of screen time, her acting is very weak, judging by  to other actors next to her , it only interferes,
rather than arousing interest in the character. I'm sorry Jamie isn't the main character.

3 minutes ago, Oksana Sutra said:

The rating of this drama is falling and I'm not surprised. The story is quite interesting, but their mistake is that they made the main character such an inexperienced actress, who is also involved in the scandal, and they continue to give her a lot of screen time, her acting is very weak, judging by  to other actors next to her , it only interferes,
rather than arousing interest in the character. I'm sorry Jamie isn't the main character.

If you read early description of this drama Jung woo and Jamie was mentioned as lead that have shared connection in the past. I wonder what happened after that and why suddenly Hye won become lead...  

7 minutes ago, sal2 said:

If you read early description of this drama Jung woo and Jamie was mentioned as lead that have shared connection in the past. I wonder what happened after that and why suddenly Hye won become lead...  

This is because of Seol Hyun’s agency. The role of Chung Ah was originally for Han Ye Seul. Imagine if she signed up? Will the billing change? I think yes because Han Ye Seul is a much bigger star than the two of them. 

Seol Hyun did not help this drama in terms of acting and promotion. She can’t even actively promote this on instagram because of the continuing scandal she’s facing. All promotional videos were from tvN. She has not posted even a single photo. Sad, sad, sad.

26 minutes ago, RobinM said:

I know it’s sounds bad but I hope he is using her. Hye Won and him just doesn’t scan for many reasons let alone the chemistry is nil. I would prefer no love line at all than that.  

There’s a viewer who DM’d me and said he hugged Hye Won so he can steal the keys and give it to Jamie. I’m not sure if that’s true.

It’s all behind the scenes maneuvering. Maybe that’s why the original Jaime actress nixed it. She knew the score .An actress Such as Han Ye Sul  Would not ever be playing second fiddle To a jumped up scandal ridden Idol who still can’t act worth much. Sorry not sorry.  

4 minutes ago, x_x___chi said:

This is because of Seol Hyun’s agency. The role of Chung Ah was originally for Han Ye Seul. Imagine if she signed up? Will the billing change? I think yes because Han Ye Seul is a much bigger star than the two of them. 

Seol Hyun did not help this drama in terms of acting and promotion. She can’t even actively promote this on instagram because of the continuing scandal she’s facing. All promotional videos were from tvN. She has not posted even a single photo. Sad, sad, sad.

I agree that she only harms this drama, and in no way reinforces it with her acting talent. Next to such a powerful actor should be a worthy partner, but she just can not reach his level, and there is a scandal because of which she can not promote the project at all. people advised producers to take her away from the drama cast, but the producers refused, it was their mistake, for which they now pay losses  they lose money because of low ratings.

JW’s killer smile is everything. My heart is on fire~ 

Spoiler

I can’t believe how little effort JW made to bust 5 guys. I guess he is a very strong man, with his powers. It’s so chilling to see him just close his eyes and the light flickers. Also felt like he just gets possessed there and then before the door closes his twisted smile omgggg:criesariver:Take my heart JW! 

28 minutes ago, Flames said:

JW’s killer smile is everything. My heart is on fire~ 

Reveal hidden contents

I can’t believe how little effort JW made to bust 5 guys. I guess he is a very strong man, with his powers. It’s so chilling to see him just close his eyes and the light flickers. Also felt like he just gets possessed there and then before the door closes his twisted smile omgggg:criesariver:Take my heart JW! 

Hah! If you ever seen the bathroom scene in Chief Kim you know Nam Goong Min is cut! More than a snack he is the first course plus appetizer;) 

So like I said earlier,JW created a puzzle which Jaime and Hye won are going to solve. JW,Jaime and Jae woong are all extremely brilliant. Their IQ can't be measured it seems. Jaime asked JW why he did a surgery on her and he replied he was the monster that saved her before and he again saved her this time and he seriously asked her to go back to US now .

I clearly believe JW is using hye won.

We got more interaction between Jaime and Jae woong.

After watching this episode, I feel that the writer is going forward a path where he will mess this plot up.

I really liked the plot but now it seems it just going to turn into a revenge story. It seems as JW is dying from brain tumor I guess , I don't know I have to watch it with subs. It seems he has a time limit. I now think he will not survive at the end.

I honestly don't want any romance on this drama at this point. If the writer pushes something between JW and HW or Jaime and jae woong it will seem as if it is forced and will  make the whole plot a disaster.

I just want them to carefully execute the plot without lagging and wasting time on unnecessary things.

Hye won's dad is crazy, he seems like a psychopath.

We will get to that female scientist in the coming episodes it seems.

Son Minho is still alive, everyone is now focusing on the issue of the past , even the reporter.

I have a fear this is also going to be a mess, I hope my fear turns out to be false.

LOL what's with the kidnapped treatment? Jungwoo could have just revealed her condition and treatment to her and she would have undergone the treatment on her own will. It is not even like it is an alien technology unavailable to her if she wants.

There is no ship between Jamie and Jaewoong anyway. They have a homely feel between them, like a noona-dongsaeng.

Yeah, seems like Do Jung-woo rolled the dice to start this plan because of his health condition. So is Jamie safe from having the same fate? But poor Jaewoong will also suffer probably. That boy who is not in the list Hyewon talked about, is he Jaewoong? Is Jamie ignoring something important due to her oversight or Hyewon is just desperate?

What was the riddle about cat that Do Jung woo said to Jamie when they were children and repeated again after the interrogation? 

So the kid who started that incident in White Night is Jamie but who finished it in present is Jungwoo? Is he also the one with the formula the scientists are trying to crack?

It is sad the ratings are falling, it deserved better ratings at least until now. 

I watched the episode with English subtitles and I  finally got the genre of this drama, it's actually MUTANTS - korean version:D.

Curiosity kills the cat , that's term right. I have heard this term used to explain Schrödinger's cat theory.

So Jaime,JW and jae woong are all a type of mutants. 

So JW is dying, hence cannot be punished under the law. He is the key to cracking a chemical formula. What does this formula do? Make people immortal? I don't know the plot is like sci fi now.

The foundation is still doing experiments and JW wants to end it all. Him being terminally ill explains why he is going this far. He was not suppose to exist in the first place, the foundation created a monster who will end it all.

His actions are like the lines of the book written by son Minho - if doing bad things led to good things , then the bad things are considered good. 

so he killed all of them , for gaining attention of the public and to expose all this?

A new problem that came up was that out of the seven listed surviving children , one is Missing .

That child seems to be an older male of age in 40s. But JW is still in his late 30s . So the possibility of a fourth child exists? Jaime asks why they were not listed in the survivors list but JW never gives the answer.

Jaime is certainly missing something ,she is ignoring it . I think that's what JW wants . He wants her to ignore everything and go back. He is protecting her from the foundation. But now Jaime is also getting curious.

HW is the unpredictable variable in his plan. She is bound to make his plan easier or worse. She won't stop until she figures it all out. This will be her character development I guess.

I think once Jaime remembers something important , she will start to help JW.

But one request I have to the writer is not to include a romantic plot now. The drama , as each episode airs is getting more complex, there is no need for romance .

@Oksana Sutra @sal2 @x_x___chi @RobinM Agree so much with your posts. Casting Seolhyun was a huge mistake.   SH brings absolutely nothing to the drama except negative coverage, controversy and trolls.  Seeing her pitiful performance against all the other actors in the drama is laughable. She can't act, no chemistry, isn't popular, doesn't bring in ratings, can't even manage the minimum reason they miscast these barely talented idols to promote the drama because she is in the middle of yet another scandal.  People literally refused to watch because she was cast.  The drama would have been in a better position even if they cast a totally unknown actress. 

The original drama descriptions were clear the male lead was Do Jung Woo and female lead is Jamie Layton. Suddenly, this idol was cast and we are hearing this random character is a female lead.  It is obvious her powerful agency (FNC) insisted on her character getting more screen time because a lot of her scenes are unnecessary and don't harmonise with the tone of the rest of the drama at all - not to mention the frequently nonsensical writing for the character@RobinM is right they wouldn't have done this to Han Ye Seul who was origianlly offered the Jamie Layton role. They are sidelining the talented Lee Chung Ah because she isn't a big name like HYS to give too much screen time to that idol and her struggle to emote instead. It's a sad because SH's casting is actively hurting the drama but that's on the producers for uselessly casting her in the first place and not editing her down or out after her controversy:rolleyes:

20 hours ago, x_x___chi said:

There’s a viewer who DM’d me and said he hugged Hye Won so he can steal the keys and give it to Jamie. I’m not sure if that’s true.

Yes, it seems like he stole the keys (or maybe her wallet again lol!) Also seems like HW is trying to hide her phone for some reason and DJW deliberately caught her. 

Credit to the Twitter account (the K-fans have such sharp eyes!)

I knew it ,he is using her feelings.

Not a good thing ,but he seems desperate.

So we got a male lead who is dying , a FML who is confused about past, and another female lead who is still pursuing her crush and also looking for the truth?

So, JW already knew about his illness, he chose to ignore it , and he took blame for someone else?

I don't really think , he is the one who killed those 4 evil guys but who knows.

It's not like a reputed cop like him will open a place for therapy and all the bad guys are like , come on let's get therapy and lucid dream treatment from a cop.

Which brings the question of a possible fourth child ?

The one who is in his 40s, what if he is doctor or something , and he did this?

JW seems to feel like he is guilty of something, Maybe that is stopping him from all the treatments and taking blame for someone else? Or is he afraid that if he lives longer secrets will get out? 

This could be possible, I mean this started as a investigative thriller, then went to sci fi, that too mutants.

At this point anything is possible in this drama.

I hope the ML makes it to the end alive.

Jaime should start looking away from possibility of him being the killer and look at the loopholes in his story. There are so many loopholes in his story that doesn't make sense.

Even hye won can't seem to understand most of it, but she is still trying to figure it out . She even went to join forces with the reporter whom she hates. 

In the coming episodes, I think JW will reveal everything to Jaime I think. I hope he stops his mind games with her.

I want him to find jae woong as soon as possible .

The poor guy is getting abused each day. 

I believe that Jung Woo knows who influence those badddies to killed themselves but he doesn`t want to catch the culprit. He wants to protect him/her. Even if he did, I totally understand why he did it.

Those monsters need to be stopped. The real monsters are the people who made White Night Village happening. Even now they make experiements on humans. And Hye Won`s father is one of them.

I hope Jung Woo won`t die at the end of the series. But I am sure he will bring all those monsters down.

I definitely feel that jungwoo is protecting someone but who is it? Jamie doesn't seem too great a candidate for the serial murders although she may be the one who caused the tragedy 28 years ago. 

On the other hand, jamie and jaewoong are so cute together its like 2 dorks meeting and having fun in a convenience store:love:. I don't really mind if they are siblings or lovers both works for me!

Also anyone have any guesses whether jamie has superpowers and if yes what would it be?

I liked...

-  the scene between Jamie and Jae Woong in the convenience store...

-  that scene in the woods because of Jungwoo. He looks powerful.

There was a pure pleasure on his face when he stabbed MH.

Its clear that he has been waiting for that moment for years.

EpNCbnOXIAEGnxQ?format=jpg&name=large

from TvN

Archived