taskdramafanatic

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I didnt understood why Jungwoo was deliberately taking Jamie

to the wrong places.

7 hours ago, RobinM said:

Cause he is crazy? Testing her? Messing with her?  Or all of the above.

I was wondering the same thing @rocher22.

I thought he was messing with her at first but now I realise a lot of his actions towards Jamie were testing her. Maybe to see what she remembers? I watched the speed subs on another streaming site first but I rewatched with the Viki subs which take a bit longer to come out and noticed they are more accurate.

In the the night scene when Jung Woo backs her up against the wall:

In the speed subs Jamie asks  "Then why do you talk to me as if you know me?"

In the Viki subs Jamie asks "Then why are you acting like you are trying to feel out someone you know... ?" 

Everything from the moment he asks for her passport (to confirm to himself who she is) to the "pretty hands" comment, making her drive, taking them to the wrong places, their conversations, his questions. He is doing on purpose. Jamie is a psychologist and picked up on the fact he isn't treating her like a stranger but like someone he knows and is trying to get some kind of reaction from her. 

I don't know if you guys have checked out the 5 minute highlight teaser of this series. It seems the ML lead used to work with the foundation guy at the beginning. The beginning of that highlight show him traveling in a car and putting his hand out of the car . The foundation guy can be seen behind him in the car. I figured it was the foundation guy due to his traditional clothes . I could be wrong also. Also the TV host seems to know the ML from when he was working with the foundation.

One theory that I have is,maybe the ML didn't remember anything in the beginning ,he remembered it after working with foundation. Maybe that's why he can't remember the other child's face. It's only coming to him slowly. Or he couldn't remember it due the trauma. 

Like other's said he was purposefully providing clues to Jaime, he wants her to figure everything including the past herself. At one point they seem to join forces. 

One thing that bothered me was that who is FML here?  Is it seolhyun or Lee Chung ah ?

The teasers and trailers seems to suggest that seolhyun character is one dimensional. A detective who has a crush on the ML . In every trailer she says ' I loved this guy from the beginning'. 

I could be wrong, maybe as story progresses the character could develop.

After watching the five minutes highlight , there is a scene where the ML seems to be looking at the mirror with the lights going on and off , now I am doubting if he has some kind of powers or its just for effect. 

We will find more in later episodes , I guess.

4 hours ago, Dev11O said:

I don't know if you guys have checked out the 5 minute highlight teaser of this series. It's seems the ML lead used to work with the foundation guy at the beginning. The beginning of that highlight show him traveling in a car and putting his hand out of the car . The foundation guy can be seen behind him in the car. I figured it was the foundation guy due to his traditional clothes . I could be wrong also. Also the TV host seems to know the ML from when he was working with the foundation.

One theory that I have is,maybe the ML didn't remember anything in the beginning ,he remembered it after working with foundation. Maybe that's why he can't remember the other child's face. It's only coming to him slowly. Or he couldn't remember it due the trauma. 

Like other's said he was purposefully providing clues to Jaime, he wants her to figure everything including the past herself. At one point they seem to join forces. 

One thing that bothered me was that who is FML here?  Is it seolhyun or Lee Chung ah ?

The teasers and trailers seems to suggest that seolhyun character is one dimensional. A detective who has a crush on the ML . In every trailer she says ' I loved this guy from the beginning'. 

I could be wrong, maybe as story progresses the character could develop.

After watching the five minutes highlight , there is a scene where the ML seems to be looking at the mirror with the lights going on and off , now I am doubting if he has some kind of powers or its just for effect. 

We will find more in later episodes , I guess.

I am highly inclined that Lee Chung Ah is the FL but SeolHyun’s idol status gets her the higher spot in the billing. But romance or not, Jamie has a better character tbh that I don’t care if SH ends up with Jung Woo. 

26 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Even if LCA Is not billed as the female lead Technically she is going to be one by default. She is the female character at the center of the story And the more compelling character.

Yes. I just don’t find it acceptable that when this drama was being offered to Han Ye Seul, she was already bragged as the FL should she sign up, but she declined and Chung Ah got her role and next thing I know, Seol Hyun was billed as the FL. Lee Chung Ah needs some justice here coz I’m tired of her always being the second lead.

On 12/4/2020 at 5:05 PM, Dev11O said:

I don't know if you guys have checked out the 5 minute highlight teaser of this series. It seems the ML lead used to work with the foundation guy at the beginning. The beginning of that highlight show him traveling in a car and putting his hand out of the car . The foundation guy can be seen behind him in the car. I figured it was the foundation guy due to his traditional clothes . I could be wrong also. Also the TV host seems to know the ML from when he was working with the foundation.

I have watched the 5 minute trailer so many times trying to catch any clues or tidbits! I wish we had translations:persevere:

:oGood catch about that car scene! I thought that was a current day scene but now I have watched the teaser again DJW's hair is styled slightly differently so it could be a flashback. I think the TV host, Lee Ji Wook, is sitting next to the White Night Foundation boss in the back of the car too.  Lee Ji Wook acts kind of over familiar with Jung Woo in the recent episode so I think he knows him from the past. In the 5 minute trailer it also looks like the White Night Foundation guy is forecasted to be the fifth victim.

On 12/4/2020 at 7:25 PM, x_x___chi said:

I am highly inclined that Lee Chung Ah is the FL but SeolHyun’s idol status gets her the higher spot in the billing. But romance or not, Jamie has a better character tbh that I don’t care if SH ends up with Jung Woo. 

Yes, Jamie is obviously a more interesting and compelling character.  I don't think female lead is necessarily about who gets the male lead anyway so I'm not bothered about Jamie having a romance although it would be a waste of their chemistry. However, I just don't see any believable scenario in which JW would end up with Hye Won. JW just does not seem interested in her like that at all and they have zero, zip, zilch, nada, no chemistry (also so sick of these gross age gaps in K-dramas).

On 12/4/2020 at 8:53 PM, RobinM said:

Even if LCA Is not billed as the female lead Technically she is going to be one by default. She is the female character at the center of the story And the more compelling character.

Exactly! Much better to have a good character especially as there aren't enough strong,compelling female characters in K-dramas.

On 12/4/2020 at 9:25 PM, x_x___chi said:

Yes. I just don’t find it acceptable that when this drama was being offered to Han Ye Seul, she was already bragged as the FL should she sign up, but she declined and Chung Ah got her role and next thing I know, Seol Hyun was billed as the FL. Lee Chung Ah needs some justice here coz I’m tired of her always being the second lead.

This! It's definitely agency influence and politics because when Han Ye Seul was offered the Jamie part it was very clearly stated she was the female lead.  Seolhyun is not a top tier idol but she is an idol with a strong agency pushing her hard as an actress so they obviously insisted on first billing. It is unfair but Lee Chung Ah is less famous-even though she is way more talented and senior in the industry-so she is given second billing even though it's obvious that her character and acting are much better.

13 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I thought LCA is the FL.

The drama became more interesting when Jamie appeared...

That was unexpected...:D

Maybe he said it with some intention...

I agree. That's why I enjoyed the second episode a lot more.  

He definitely complimented her for a specific reason. Jung Woo isn't the type of person to compliment anybody:lol: It must have something to do with their past.

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

My take:They knew each other when they were children.Maybe With his help she escaped where they were housed? Held?  And He did not. She had the usual K drama childhood trauma memory loss. 

They definitely know each other from childhood.  It feels like they had a relationship pre-ending up in that village. I guess either childhood besties or maybe brother and sister.

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

Yeah. They could be siblings but people are already noticing  and talking About their chemistry :)  

Because their chemistry is so good:love:  Maybe the drama production didn't expect the actors playing Jamie and Do Jung Woo to have so many sparks!  I am going to keep trying to convince myself not to ship them, just enjoy their interactions, assume the characters are related (until told otherwise) so I don't get invested in the ship lmao. Just focus on the plot haha:lol:

16 hours ago, RobinM said:

Yeah. They could be siblings but people are already noticing  and talking About their chemistry :)  

Nope they are not siblings. I can't let that happen. Don't argue with me . I desperately don't want them to brother and sister. 

Why ? Because of the chemistry. It's too much. I don't want TVN to ruin this. 

Where did this sibling idea come from in the first place? We have absolutely no indication of this ...was alluded to in the pre show interviews?  

The usual childhood friends/crush trope seems much more likely.

If they have her say she has a boyfriend back in US than we know the series  will not have a romantic tone. Then the sibling storyline had more weight.

39 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Where did this sibling idea come from in the first place? We have absolutely no indication of this ...was alluded to in the pre show interviews?  

The usual childhood friends/crush trope seems much more likely.

If they have her say she has a boyfriend back in US than we know the series  will not have a romantic tone. Then the sibling storyline had more weight.

Because it’s a mystery/crime drama so everyone assumes a love line prospect is doomed. Hahaha! We were just preparing ourselves for the worst. It’s difficult to be invested in an OTP that will end up as siblings. However, everyone who watched the first 2 episodes agree that their chemistry is really working on a romantic note. 

I mean... obviously a love line won’t Be the focus and they may have her help Solve the case, come to terms with both of their pasts and go back home so whatever relationship is left to our imaginations. That works for me. 

If you watched “Switch” a couple of years ago I am talking about that kind of Love line. 

Thanks for the new stills @JilliaI think we will learn a lot more about the White Night Village incident this episode. From the end of the previous episode we can see Jung Woo has collected tons of information about the incident and every person involved. 

Archived