[Drama 2020] Tale of Gumiho, 구미호뎐

taskdramafanatic

Just Finished Episode 5 and 6.

Theories

1. Fox Bead was the ultimate weapon to safeguard the Mountains and Fox Human Residing there, LR was a kid when Ah Eum died and Imugi was trapped so he was not the one to instigate killing her obviously.

2. Imugi/Dragon King is Ah Eums Father, AE wanted to kill him, in the process his part of soul got embedded in her (Ala Horcrux IN hARRY pOTTER) , Hence the Scale part. While LY was trying to separate the 2, AH was killed, and Imugi got trapped.

3. Now The very fox bead was given to a Human soul AH to reincarnate by LY , that led to a rebellion of sorts in the mind of Evil Soul Sinner Mark Immortal Human CEO.

4. LY broke the law so to compensate he would have been asked to become the Sinner fox hunter. Hence he was stripped of his title and left the mountain unprotected along with baby LR.

5. Human CEO would have instigated Other Humans to kill urban legend mountain species.LR saw this hence his Humans are brutal to animals and should be castarated alike goals. LR only knew his brother Died in the fire and could not save them, but in that justice for forest he ultimately became one of the murders that LY was asked to chase.

6. LY attacked LR but left him alive, that left a bitter taste and Human Immortal CEO again manipulated LR as well.

7. Ji-Ah is AE reincarnated because of presence of FOX bEAD and Imugi Soul which was detected by Human CEO and LR somehow.(LR because of face and the fact LY seems to protect this face version even as a kid )

8. Now JiAh's blood woke up Imugi because of Bloodline and Soul sharing.

9. Grim Reaper Ahjumma got Imugis untraceable trace by the Babysitter who was eaten by Kid Imugi who stays with Evil Soul Human CEO.

10. LR will end up sacrificing himself for LY !! PERIOD.

Things I did not get.

1. How does LR keep on reaching the same destination as LY?Y/JA, does he have any kind of GPRS tracking enabled on LY?

2. How did LY know LR will be wearing the very same shoe type and color? At the end LR knew shoes were exchanged still.

3. Didnt JA knew how to fight? I mean Magistate's Minions were not using magic right? she could have used some tricks, anyhow.

Special Mention:

Dr Doolittle and Yu Ri, they are the most likeable ship here without any past connections, mutual attraction.

• Insightful 2

Popping by to share some of my theories ! It’s been a hot minute since I’ve posted on here ! 

Anyways I’m too lazy to retype all of my theories on here, but for anyone curious you can check them out here
In my blog posting, I mentioned about what the Imoogi’s true goal is as well as what exactly Ji Ah is ! Hope all is well with everyone :heart4:!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SweetButters said:

Popping by to share some of my theories ! It’s been a hot minute since I’ve posted on here ! 

Anyways I’m too lazy to retype all of my theories on here, but for anyone curious you can check them out here
In my blog posting, I mentioned about what the Imoogi’s true goal is as well as what exactly Ji Ah is ! Hope all is well with everyone !

Ahh I just read Your Theories, Ah Eum Ji Ah being the Abandoned Princess makes sense a lot more than Part Serpent Part Human Hybrid!! as the Grim Reaper Ahjumma keeps on shouting at LY that stop being with that Human!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, madmad min said:

Ahh I just read Your Theories, Ah Eum Ji Ah being the Abandoned Princess makes sense a lot more than Part Serpent Part Human Hybrid!! as the Grim Reaper Ahjumma keeps on shouting at LY that stop being with that Human!!

Thanks @madmad min! Yea Ji Ah/Ah Eum seem to have a lot in common with the Princess Bari myth. So I think that’s what myth the writer was referring to ! Haha yea everyone keeps saying Ji Ah is a hybrid, but I’m like nah lol. She just has a piece of the Imoogi in here kinda like how Harry Potter had a piece of Voldemort in him.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, SweetButters said:

Thanks @madmad min! Yea Ji Ah/Ah Eum seem to have a lot in common with the Princess Bari myth. So I think that’s what myth the writer was referring to ! Haha yea everyone keeps saying Ji Ah is a hybrid, but I’m like nah lol. She just has a piece of the Imoogi in here kinda like how Harry Potter had a piece of Voldemort in him.  

You are right !

Ah-Eum and JiAh do have a lot in common with Princess Bari's story.

1. Quote

The first major episode shared by almost all versions is the marriage of the king and queen. The queen gives birth to six consecutive daughters who are treated luxuriously. When she is pregnant a seventh time, the queen has an auspicious dream. The royal couple takes this as a sign that she is finally bearing a son and prepares the festivities. Unfortunately, the child is a girl.[166][167] The disappointed king orders the daughter to be thrown away, dubbing her Bari, from Korean 버리 beori "to throw away." 

Didn't Lee Yoen say that Ah-Eum was the seventh daughter of the king ?

2. Quote

Once Bari has grown, one or both of her parents fall gravely ill. They learn that the disease can only be cured through medicinal water from the Western Heaven. In the majority of versions, the king and queen ask their six older daughters to go fetch the water, but all of them refuse. Desperate, the king and queen order Princess Bari to be found again.

The twist in "Tale of the nine tailed" is that Ah-Eum doesn't want to save her parents. She actually wants to kill her father to save her people.

3. Quote

When Bari finally arrives at the site of the medicinal water, she finds it defended by a supernatural guardian (of varying nature) who also knows that she is a woman, and obliges her to work for him and bear him sons.

(...)

The East Coast and Gyeongsang tradition elaborates the most on Bari's quest, and portrays the guardian of the medicinal water as an exiled god who must have sons in order to return to heaven.

Ah-Eum meeting Lee Yeon ? Could Lee Yeon be considered an "exiled god" when Ji-Ah meet him in the present ?

Speaking of the Gumiho Bead, i think Ji-Ah made the right decision beucause her best chance of finding her parents is Lee Yeaon. Without Him the chances of her fiding them are 0. And honestly Being in security was never what she asked for.

The bead had only 2 purposes in my opinion:

1. Shield her from the Imoogi
  2. Help Lee Yeon identify her as Ah-Eum

These 2 goals have been reached imo.
Right now she may have lost her "Cap of invisibility" but she saved Lee Yeon and she has the possibility to finally kill the Imoogi/king.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

great post from @SweetButters

i love reading your theories/conclusions! i did learn something regarding korean folklore/myths :)

@coffeeboy i am also curious regarding the fox bead and how it will be recovered by LY from the fortune teller, if ever.

based from the flashback, it seems to me LY gave the fox bead to AE so he can find her when she return or reincarnates. (LY thought he killed the imoogi in the past. only recently he found out it was alive.)

btw, was AE even aware LY gave his fox bead to her when they were in the underworld?

i still dont get why imoogi was & still is, obsess with AE/JA.. if his ultimate goal is to take the fox bead, then he can forget JA and look for the bead instead (since he is aware it was no longer inside JA body/soul) or maybe, just like what others concluded, a part of imoogi was attach to AE/JA life/soul... either he needs to kill JA to get it back so he can transform completely or JA’s body itself is the perfect vessel for him.

anyhow, my thoughts can be easily swayed by different theories hahaha and of course, it usually change as the story progresses! 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, grapefruit7 said:

great post from @SweetButters

i love reading your theories/conclusions! i did learn something regarding korean folklore/myths :)

@coffeeboy i am also curious regarding the fox bead and how it will be recovered by LY from the fortune teller, if ever.

based from the flashback, it seems to me LY gave the fox bead to AE so he can find her when she return or reincarnates. (LY thought he killed the imoogi in the past. only recently he found out it was alive.)

btw, was AE even aware LY gave his fox bead to her when they were in the underworld?

i still dont get why imoogi was & still is, obsess with AE/JA.. if his ultimate goal is to take the fox bead, then he can forget JA and look for the bead instead (since he is aware it was no longer inside JA body/soul) or maybe, just like what others concluded, a part of imoogi was attach to AE/JA life/soul... either he needs to kill JA to get it back so he can transform completely or JA’s body itself is the perfect vessel for him.

anyhow, my thoughts can be easily swayed by different theories hahaha and of course, it usually change as the story progresses! 

In the princess Bari legend, the king needs Bari to find the "flower of resurrection" (or medicinal water from the Western Heaven) to cure his illness.

The drama seem to have mixed the princess Bari and Imoogi legends. The King Immogi need Ji-Ah to get access to his powers and the immogi needs a virgin sacrifice to transform in a dragon. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1