[Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년

0ly40

This one sounds pretty interesting. I've been indulging in cable tv shows only and its been a while since I've watched anything produce by SBS or MBC that's not  family drama. The promo posters for the individual characters are beautiful. Has a very thriller like feel to it. I've only watched NJH in 100 day My prince and I liked her performance in there. I think this will be much different than her previous works. LJH has play various secondary character in many things but hes really good at it. Glad hes the lead here. I see this is loose remake of a japanese tv show? I dont want to know too much or else I'll be spoiled so I'll look forward to the first airing when it hits next week. Watched all the teasers & it looks good. I like the occupation of both main characters already, specifically NJH. Theres alot of uppity/good-natured female characters already so I like her character description. It's nice to see characters with life struggles. I'm here for good teamwork relationship between the two leads. Really like when male & female leads work together. 

@triplem

Life on Mars was so good & trippy lol. Still cant get over that drama. It helps that the director & editing production team is good too. The vfx & sound design on LOM was fantastic. I think cable drama tend to have high production value. I hope 365 delivers the time aspect well. Time travel/reset is a tricky genre to execute. 

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highlight

The drama hasn't even aired yet but seeing this, I know once again, Nam Jihyun won't disappoint. She by far and away my favorite actress under 30, at least for TV. It's one thing to be able to transition from a successful child actor to a leading adult, but quite another to continue to choose solid project after another. Both phases of her career has been chock full of great dramas- Queen seon deok, giant, what happens to my family, 100 DMP...just to name a few. Here's to very likely another one added to that list. 

Thanks everyone for more excellent posts! With every trailer, teaser and editorial I am getting more stoked :)

I sure hope one sliver of positivity from the virus chaos is that people stay home, glued to their screens, and watch the heck out of this show :w00t: 

202003221019561910_2_20200322102225791.j

Kim Kyung Hee PD-nim interview about 365: One Year Against Destiny  (unfortunately so far without translation)

and

Nam Ji Hyun Shares Fun Story Of A Mistake She Made While Preparing For Time-Travel Drama “365: Repeat The Year”

“There’s another story behind Ga Hyun’s signing event,” they teased. “It’s a pivotal scene that foretells the unusual connection between Ga Hyun and [Lee Joon Hyuk‘s character] Hyung Joo. We ask that you show a lot of anticipation and love for the first episode of ‘365: Repeat the Year.'”

:wub: can't wait...

tumblr_mleljuojAB1ryuzv7o1_500.gif

Press con 

Spoiler

I ship ! :lol:

They did a radio promo. These two are so cute ! 

Spoiler

Did they try to make him rap? :joy:

Spoiler

Spoiler

This should be from the highlight reel ! Ooooooo I think there will be some romance 

BTS for NJH’s poster shoot . This is posted by her management 

Spoiler

Looking at some spoiler cuts tonight on MBC’s YT account . It was very good and lived up to my expectations  . Pace was fast & storytelling was pretty coherent. Chemistry btwn the leads was evident. 

Our handsome detective is fast :joy:. Think he’s a big fan of our webtoon writer 

BTS

I’ll try to recap in a bit from memory what I saw & piece together from the cuts

Just a rough recap  based on the clips MBC released while waiting for the subs

1. Starts off Detective  Ji Hyung Joo ( LJH) dressed up to go somewhere. A guy ( which we will later find out is a scammer of sorts) bumps into him causing JHJ to drop and crack his phone. JHJ stops the guy and the guy throws money at JHJ as compensation and walks off. JHJ not happy...holds him back and his colleague and best friend,  Park Sun Ho,   who was in the area catches the guy thinking  JHJ was trying to catch the guy for some crime...anyway think they let the guy go since it was a misunderstanding..

Spoiler

2. JHJ was off to a book signing of his favorite webtoon writer Shin Ha Gyun ( NJH) ...he races another fan towards the line for the book signing as per @Ameera Ali ' gif! As he beat the guy to the "finish line" , he was sadly denied to line up. Turns out SHG is a bit of diva..won't take photos with fans and limits the amounts of signing she will do

Spoiler

3. Then we get scenes of JHJ at work and how close he is especially to his Park Sun Ho. They have been through a lot together. Then one night there was this criminal who killed Sun Ho...the guy also stabbed JHJ on his leg and finds out from the guy that he had killed Sun Ho. JHJ who did not have his phone, hobbled all the way to Sun Ho's place and finds Sun Ho dead...he was devastated.

Spoiler

4. Meanwhile , it was not shown on the clips but Ha Gyun had met an accident and became paralysed legs down. This turned her into someone even more spiteful and making the life of her fiance ( who was her publisher ) and her assistant very difficult. ( I think fiance and assistant are cheating behind her back) Then in a scene in her house, fiance brought up about his parents being concerned about their marriage or something...She was so mad she just told him off and I think broke their engagement

Spoiler

5. JHJ was very sad and constantly thought of his hyung Sun Ho. So much so that he decided to resign...his superior did not want to accept his resignation but his morale was so low, he couldn't care anymore...while walking in the park he receives a mysterious call from a woman who told him that a KTX train would meet an accident at a particular time. He thought it was some prank and ignored it. Back home his house was a mess, as he was mourning and feeling depressed..he had a cute dog  ( called Maru ) and he woke up from his nap one day to see the news of the train accident.

6. Shocked , the mysterious caller called again and offered to meet and I am assuming tells him she can reset things back to the past.

Spoiler

7. JHJ thought it nonsense but anyhow he went to meet her . He went to this huge mansion. Met SHG who was  in a wheel chair...

8.JHJ and SHG along with 8 others meet the mysterious woman who was the psychiatrist Lee Shin. She predicted some lottery numbers to prove to them that she has the ability to help them reset their lives to one year back....

Spoiler

9. JHJ took some time to think as he  visited his bestie's grave ...he missed the latter alot and remembered how much Sun Ho had done for him in the past.

10. Long story short....the 10 who met Lee Shin agreed to reset and they went into this limo which drove off the cliff

Spoiler

11. The reset worked...JHJ was so happy to see his sunbae Sun Ho alive , because he had come from the future he was able to used the knowledge he had to solve some cases including the scammer who knocked his phone off...and also find way to prevent that criminal from killing his colleague

12. SHG meanwhile was so happy that she could walk again and became much nicer..she allowed fans to take photos and became less of a diva. Her assistant was amazed

13. JHJ and SHG did bump into each other at the park and recognise each  other..so this part confused me ...before reset, the dog was JHJ's but after reset, it was SHG  or do both have the same type of dog? Anyway JHJ and SHG were friendly with each other ...both happy for this second chance...in fact all the other resetters were so happy at first.

14. But there was one scene where I am not sure if it was before or after the reset...but it had SHG confronting her fiance and the assistant where she tells them she knows they were together and fiance was cheating on her...so she broke it off with the guy,

15. Anyway towards the end all the resetters had to meet Lee Shin in her mansion again. From everyone's expression , it seems not all is a rosy as expected. But the cliffhanger was that at the meeting..one of the resetters was apparently murdered...

So I think that is where tomorrow's episode will pick up with  JHJ probably trying to investigate the murdered resetter and that the reset came with more repercussions than expected for all resetters. Everyone starts becoming suspicious of everyone

end scene and preview

so he was murdered me though he done a runner with lottery numbers :joy:

it’s look interesting , I hope all their story are interesting 

when you miss your annoying friend :mrgreen:

- me personally he should kill him by himself but what I know :D@triplem

15849838381584983813.gif

Am so happy I found this forum, now I can follow this drama here and read your comments whilst wait for subs. I love NJH I have watched most of her dramas I only watched one drama LJH and I liked it so am sooo excited for this one. Hopefully they have some romance :lol:

Well, the first episode was a big yes for me, to no surprise. She just has the midas touch when it comes to picking projects. I'd prefer no romance, but so long as it doesn't become the focus of the drama I'm not too bothered either way. 

The beginning was a bit confusing. Weird way to open a show. But at some point i got hooked. 

The affair was really obvious, but it already started so long ago.. damn. I liked her reaction though. 

We can't say much about the mystery yet. The villa is insane. And it seems like a fun concept. I am curious about some of the stories of the other resetters if they are told well. I wonder if we are going to see that.

I think the drama has a lot of potential with the mystery the human stories that can be told. I already loved NJH's performance as well.

That said anything can happen. The premise screams for plotholes and it might end up in a disaster.

It's kind of like a mesh of Final Destination meets The Butterfly Effect. I feel bad for Ji Hyun's character.. she thought she could be happier by bein' able to regain mobility but as always it comes with a price. She ended up losing her fiance and her assistant instead.   

Imo that was a really good first episode. Acting was really good (as expected), and story is really fast-paced but easy to follow. So far so good)) Also Lee Joon Hyuk being fanboy such a treat))

9 hours ago, triplem said:

13. JHJ and SHG did bump into each other at the park and recognise each  other..so this part confused me ...before reset, the dog was JHJ's but after reset, it was SHG  or do both have the same type of dog? Anyway JHJ and SHG were friendly with each other ...both happy for this second chance...

Dog was originally GaHyeon’s (NJH).  You see the dog bed and toys when she’s in her room after she calls it off with her fiancé (when she’s in her wheelchair) and tells her female assistant to leave as well.  She lost the dog.  HyeongJu (LJH) found the dog and because the dog didn’t have a tag he couldn’t contact the owner and therefore he kept it.  Dog for some reason seemed to recognize HJ regardless after the reset?

I watched subbed and it was fantastic.  Loved the pace of it.  Yes a bit confusing with the flash forwards and flashbacks.  But all in all very good.  Yes there will be major plot holes...anything related to time travel always does.

Thing I don’t understand is how she took them all back in time.  It looked like the limo went off a cliff... she said she found a hole in the time continuum??  And when asked if they would go back in time, she replied NOT physically but they would go back with just their memories... so they would have their 2019 bodies but with their 2020 memories?  That’s why GH (NJH) could walk again.  I liked how she was dressed in white (like an angel - messenger of hope) initially when she explained the whole deal to them... then when she met with them again she was in black (the devil is in the details).  

I think the fact that someone died after the reset is obvious.  It’s not a bed of roses.  You might be able to change some things (avoid the death of your detective Hyung) but inevitably there would be other things that happen which you would never have without the reset (the death of the delivery guy, finding out your fiancé was cheating).

The other thing is that the psychiatrist has already been back before.  She knew about the train derailment and also about the lotto numbers.  Did she go alone?  And I am a bit suspicious about her saying she picked them all randomly?  

Archived