[Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화

0ly40

One thing I thought was beyond ridiculous is the way HJH’s wife said that she can’t make her child into a decent human being then proceeded to blame HJH for his lack of attention to the boy. HJH is indeed probably lacking as a father because he doesn’t seem to pay much attention to the boy but the fact that the mother can recognize when her son does wrong and doesn’t correct him is also her failing as a parent. I tend to think that HJH has tried to discipline the boy in the past but then the grandfather and mother supported the boy by taking his side and rewarding his bad behavior. No wonder the child feels like he can torment other people’s kids with such a mother and such a grandfather as his enablers.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after watching ep 3, concluded there is no love  between JH and his current wife. it seems like a business marriage.  

It was nice to see YM able to open up JH so instant, however couldn’t help thinking he needs do that with his own son. Haven’t seen enough scenes with JH son yet so I won’t Judge against him to early yet.

It’s sweet to see how in  past young JS chasing after JH has reversed roles to the present. 

Looks like this series will work through showing how the two of them came together, separate and try to work back together in the present.  there are currently too many problems in the present.  maybe reviewing the past we can find key of fixing broken plate that can fix the present....

@mizv, HJH’s wife is giving off the vibe that she likes him but he makes her feel lonely. At least the episode yesterday made me feel that way. On the other hand, she seemed quite okay with him ignoring her, even went off on a vacation with her boyfriend as soon as he came out of jail. I can’t help but wonder at her timing of suddenly feeling that she wants HJH to pay attention to her. It seems to me it only started after HJH protected Ji Soo in the principal’s office. Suddenly there’s a woman that makes HJH act contrary to the norm and the wife now feels possessive.I’m sure she’ll try to make Ji Soo’s life difficult perhaps even getting the ex-husband involved.

23 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@triplem, thanks so much for the summary. Sounds like another wonderful episode.

Despite what it looks like on the surface, I don’t want to believe that JH has changed so much that his goal has changed. I want to believe that he realized that his approach was ineffective before so he’s trying a different approach and that explains why he seems to have other people working behind the scenes. Kind of like he’s biding his time until his plans come to fruition. This is just my speculation though. 

But he is married for 15 years or even more. I think, it's too long for  just different approach.

9 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Jae Hyuk's wife is vain, immature and has had a sheltered life where each and every one of her whims have been satisfied. But, that is probably something Jae Hyuk knew fairly well when he married her. Just end it if you feel like its not something you can put up with. She is lonely, she has a different mindset than Jae Hyuk but she does perhaps like her husband more than she lets on. I don't feel like these are major crimes to be honest. Jae Hyuk has a wall up around her. I mean he is married to her but you can tell his heart is closed. His wife probably feels that too. I feel like he should at least get separated from her officially. It is not fair to her.

I can understand, why he is so cold with his wife. But I can't understand, why he is cold with his son. I could feel her pain when she asked Jae Hyuk to spend more time with their son.  So he is totally failure as a father of his real son, but, ironically, JS son wished to have such father.

14 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

I can understand, why he is so cold with his wife. But I can't understand, why he is cold with his son. I could feel her pain when she asked Jae Hyuk to spend more time with their son.  So he is totally failure as a father of his real son, but, ironically, JS son wished to have such father.

That is not true. HJH and his son might not be as close as a father and son can be but when he went to meet his son at school their greeting was warm enough. The way HJH spoke to his son too showed affection. Then he asked the child what happened and of course the child lied to him. Nevertheless he seemed to have gone away thinking that maybe his son didn’t do anything wrong this time until he learned more about the other side of the story. Please go back and watch the scene. HJH was not cold to his son. I believe he even teased his son that he hadn’t seen him in four years and he didn’t act like he missed him.

40 minutes ago, allforyoo said:

Preview for next week.

Ep 4 ending just blown my mind wow... writer nim why are you doing this omggg

Whats the ending can you tell me? I can only wait viu upload it like 12 hours later. I am really curious and tvn dont upload clip to youtube :( not netflix either

4 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

That is not true. HJH and his son might not be as close as a father and son can be but when he went to meet his son at school their greeting was warm enough. The way HJH spoke to his son too showed affection. Then he asked the child what happened and of course the child lied to him. Nevertheless he seemed to have gone away thinking that maybe his son didn’t do anything wrong this time until he learned more about the other side of the story. Please go back and watch the scene. HJH was not cold to his son. I believe he even teased his son that he hadn’t seen him in four years and he didn’t act like he missed him.

He was in jail for 4 years and not even called his son after he returned home. He went to see his son only because his wife was out of the country. I didn't say, that he is indifferent to his son, but it's not like he want to be close to him. He knows that his son is spoiled by his wife and father-in-law, but he did nothing. I don't think they spent that much quality time together as father and son.

Some recaps for eps 4 (based on what I saw on IG...the cuts are not very complete though)

1. At the police station, cop asked JS for her guardian be it husband or parents, she said she had none. She was her own guardian.

2. Flashback to when they were involved in a demonstration, JiSoo got caught ( JH did not) ...she had to call her father to bail her out. Outside the police station, father slapped her...JH was seeing from afar and wanted to run to her but the friend said this is not the best time and pulled him back. She got into the car. They had a driver..so it's really role reversal here as JS is from a well to do family.

3. Young JH goes by her house ( huge one ) and stood under her window, thinking what to do...he finally heard her playing the piano. Felt relieved that she was okay, and turned to leave. Young JS was exasparated and stopped playing , turned her head to see the window, saw JH walking off.

4. She ran with her slippers and without a jacket to catch up with him . Met him . He put his cap , jacket and shoes for her ( this shoes thing is really their thing :D) . They had a long chat down an avenue, rather romantic. I believe he spoke a lot about his beliefs and philosophies etc..she was very moved. Felt that this was the turning point for JS to realise that she wasn't just doing this for him but I think she started to believe in the cause they were fighting for.

5. Back to the present. JH gets some sort of grilling from his FIL...take note of this scene. As he was leaving the FIL gave some instructions , JH just sneered behind the old man's back. JH , i believe will betray the old man sooner or later.

6. So finally JS was bailed out by her friend , the bar owner.  JH's secretary send pics to him as he wanted to see if JS was alright. He recognised the bar owner since its their old friend. Flashback to their younger days where they were drinking together- the guy got so drunk he was puking in the bar. The bar looks like the one he owns now.

7. in the present...JH goes and wait downstairs where JS lived...so they went to a cafe to talk. This is where they had a real heart to heart...she quoted something he said to her in that avenue so long ago. I believe here is where he asked her why she left ...

8. Flashback to the past. JS goes to the room that JH is always sleeping in..it was a hot day...he was sound asleep. She fanned him till she fell asleep herself. He woke up seeing her asleep ...romantic scene alert.

( my recaps aren't gonna be complete as the IG accounts are just loading bits and pieces)

9. JH went to pick his son up..as he was at the entrance, he saw YM fainted. He took YM to the hospital. His son saw from afar. YM's dad came to the hospital. JH introduced himself as YM's friend's father.

10. So there was an event for JH , wife and the company...the wife realising it was Ji Soo playing the piano, decides to embarrass her and spill wine on her dress. JS stood up for herself and left. JH saw what happened from afar.

11. She went out of the hotel and sat on some stairs outdoors and took off her heels...JH went to look for her .

12. He put on his shoes for her and he apologised ...they both crying as she said some stuff about happiness and all. First time she is breaking down in front of him 

13. Flashback to their young days, they were walking along the beach...then they had their first kiss ! Sweet...

14. In the present , i think HJ and JS also was walking along the beach ...think the hotel where the event was is by the beach. They must have walked the whole night...he said some things that really moved her...he plans to reset things...she was in tears.

15. Alright... WARNING ahead for those of you who have difficulties with errrrr...affairs...she responded to his words with some words of her own , and kissed him...dang it was  beautiful and sad at the same time

- eps end-

My recommendation for those of you who may have a problem with the latest turn in events...it is not too late to bail out now. You have only watched at the most 3 episodes :ph34r::lol:. ...hmm I can forsee the pain and angst where this is headed...it is not going to be pretty. I believe we will be going through a roller coaster of emotions as they keep seeing each other , and him trying to free himself and yet conflicted. Their families (sons) will be affected...and this may end with them realising that what they wanted was closure but it will definitely bring destruction. Trust me..I am queen of watching affairs dramas. But if you don't mind the crazy ride , I can guarantee you there will be some scenes of romanticizing the affair and then lots of heartbreaking scenes, then let's just suffer together ok? :lol::P

The kiss scenes:

Spoiler

preview

2 minutes ago, FactChecker said:

On another note, they are always referring to Love Letter. Are they talking about the 1995 Japanese movie? That would be weird as I did not have the feeling that it was a fantasy melodrama. Are they time travelling from 1993 to 1995 and back? Haha...

I actually thought about that. When I check for  Love Letter movie, I also saw 1995. But their flashhback was 1993.. when JS and JH rent and watched together.

@triplem, thanks for the recap. This certainly is a surprising turn for me. I believe you pretty much summed up what will likely happen. I’ll add that in the end JS might end up marrying her bar friend. :lol: He just has to wait it out. 

Anyway, about Ji Soo kissing him, it shows that she had remarkable self control from youth up until now. She walked away from him and never looked back it seems because she didn’t even know whom he was married to. With all those feelings kept in her heart, I have to wonder why she never went looking for him. Or maybe his appearance in her life again made all the difference.

11 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@triplem, thanks for the recap. This certainly is a surprising turn for me. I believe you pretty much summed up what will likely happen. I’ll add that in the end JS might end up marrying her bar friend. :lol: He just has to wait it out. 

Oh this bar friend? :)

EWoy1sGUYAAidnQ.jpg

cr: wallflwrr

The men in Jisu's life aince college. The first real love. The Friend who's been there for her. The lawyer ex husband.

@triplem thanks for the recaps and all friends here.❤️️ I'll wait for the sub tomorrow so can watch both episodes together

2 hours ago, airgelaal said:

I don't know about his skills as father though, we have not seen them interacting much with his son. So, jury's still out on that. But I felt like they were a couple with fairly good understanding and transparency at that scene. The wife did not defend her son's behavior. She simply said, she is not very good at disciplining and hopes Jae Hyuk can step it up and give their son more time. Perfectly reasonable expectation.

finally got my acc back! 4 episode in and im soo invested in our OTP!! I need to spazz about this drama tbh

I wish we get more of his backstory next week. because between him and Jisoo, Jaehyun is still mysterious to me. he scoffs when he said justice wont bring money anyway... :(

Archived