[Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화

0ly40

I hope the divorce happens fast or at least legal separation, as much as I adore Yoo Ji Tae, I was screaming 'Noooo' internally when Jae Hyun barged into the principal's office to pull Ji Soo up........that is like opening a gossip fodder and Ji Soo will have to bear the maximum brunt of it....she is divorced and poor, SK is notorious for looking down on divorced woman.......imagine the rumors that will start flying around, not to mention even if you hate your wife, you can't do what Jae Hyun did to her in public....I would have at the very least asked the principal to step outside and sorted it out calmly with the wife.....I hope they sort out his situation fast, he will likely still be running the food store chain even if the files for divorce, he is too valuable for the chairman to throw away

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, plappi said:

Stop. Am I confusing something? JH and JS be 13 years old in 1993 if they are now 40 years old? How could they be such big students in 1993?

Did it say they are 40 years old? Or that they are in their 40s? Because being 45 can still make the cut. 

3 hours ago, airgelaal said:

Ji Soo said to her ex-husband: I keep my manners only for humans. So I think, he did something terrible.

But she herself can be culprit, because her father kept a family photo without her

Was the torn away person in the picture is herself? Or someone else, like an older sister? Although the girl in the picture doesn’t look like her in college, it could still be a picture of younger her, like in middle school maybe? 

I don’t think divorce will happen soon. The wife is not going to sit back and let husband be free to have good time with his first love. We won’t have enough angst if he is divorced early in the story. Also, I don’t consider it stalking when the person is following another out of concern. It’s not like he is planning to harm her or having malicious intentions towards her. He just wants to make sure she is alright. The definition of stalking is probably going to be a debatable point here. Is it wrong then to tail your spouse when you suspect him/her cheating? That is stalking too?

21 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I would like to know why her son doesn’t tell her what’s going on.

I like your idea for why he did not tell to his mom. But also I guess since he got in true scholarship give him pressure to stay. He do great academic though so he is a smart kid. Also since he live away from his mom there is not many opportunity to have deep talk about his school life. it is a hard subject to talk about and he maybe like you say he knows it is not gonna change anything since the other kid is rich. Also find it strange she did not have any more talk with her son about the incident. But then it do looks like she is kinda going true emotion. She clearly love her kid, but at the same time it looks she can not follow him up since they live apart.  I hope to see this improve and we she her give her son time to talk with him about school and life. I would think this incident would make her ask more about her son life at school but it do not look like that happened. I guess she gonna need to learn true him open up, or she witness the bullying. 

@Nymeria289, I think HJH just dislikes seeing YJS humbling herself like that before anyone and probably most especially before his undeserving wife. I don’t think a scandal will start from his action of pulling YJS from the floor. She’s a former schoolmate. Also, I’m sure the rich wife would rather die than let it get out that her husband defended his school mate instead of her. :lol: I also think that HJH might even suspect his son is behind this issue. 

@ktcjdrama, yep, 1993 can mean HJH is 47/48 years and YJS around 45 years or so. 

@sal2, when she spoke to her son on the steps, it almost seemed that he was okay with getting kicked out in that moment because he probably felt frustrated. He is the top student in his year it seems and maybe that’s why he’s getting bullied. However, I hope YJS pursues this or it will undoubtedly blow up and then her ex-husband will get involved and before she knows it a custody battle ensues. I’m sure a terrible ex-mother-in-law is waiting in the wings for added annoyance. 

The thing is, there are couples that go through divorce and still remain civil but YJS’ open hostility to her ex and his mother kind of suggests to me that something that she deems intolerable occurred in her married life. 

About Ji-Soo's son's attitudes:  I agree with what's been discussed.  I also want to add that I think it's quite normal for kids to bottle up at that age.  I recall having problems at school with friends/school mates throughout my junior/senior high school years without telling my parents.  I was even bullied twice and I remember I was quite determined not to let me parents know about it... Though my experience  happened decades ago when bullying wasn't a burning issue like it is today, teenagers in general, regardless of generation, still tend to manage their feelings by keeping them to themselves.   I am not saying this is right or parents should just let their kids be, I am just saying I can understand why the son seems not willing to (or not knowing how to) discuss further with Ji-Soo at that point.  But I agree that since the fighting/bullying is now brought to the fort, Ji-Soo should definitely get to the bottom of the issue with her son and does not let it slide.  The son is coming home for the weekend so let's see if Ji-Soo will follow up with her son on that. 

On Jae-Hyun having his secretary following Ji-Soo , maybe some of you would think that there is something wrong with my moral compass when I say this, but I don't consider Jae-Hyun's following Ji-Soo cheating on his marriage.   Apparently his past with Ji-soo is something he has kept very closely to his heart  (Ji-Soo seems to be the first thing Jae-Hyun  thinks about upon his returning home from jail in 4 years) and for him, their separation has always been a knot in his heart, an unfinished business, for decades.  I wonder how else Jae-Hyun could / should have done/reacted under circumstance after seeing Ji-Soo again so unexpectedly after 2 decades,  and on top of that knowing she seems to be only making ends meet?    And about Jae-Hyun's marriage:  After 4 years of jail time, his wife didn't even pick him up for one, and she even has her overseas trip planned with her lover at exactly the same time of his return.  Their conversation is distant and the marriage couple vibe none-existent.... It seems to me that their marriage only exists on paper......If Jae-Hyun has a good marriage, I would like him to discuss openly with his wife about Ji-Soo.  But now with his wife's temperament, undoubtedly tantrum and fierce argument/jealousy shall ensue no matter what Jae-Hyun does.

On 4/26/2020 at 11:50 AM, corey said:

First script and already such well-known cast?

I think I saw the press con they all said the script pulled them in - probably marketing but also might be true to why the two major cast joined this project?

18 hours ago, dairymilks said:

For some reason, this reminds me of Love Rain, minus the kids. I just remember Yoonhee and Inha parted ways because Inha got arrested and Yoonhee had to leave for the States because of her disease. Then 30~40 ish years later they met again. 

Oh yes the 1st 2 episodes reminds me of Love Rain too!! It also reminded me of On The Way To The Airport too!! Both of these dramas are among my favorites so I’m really hoping that When My Love Blooms’ storyline will turn out as beautiful as those 2 dramas.

I was really hoping I could wait till the drama is over to watch it in one shot but I guess I couldn’t resist even for a day haha

I love melo dramas a lot and with LBY and YJT as the leads, I’m loving this drama even more! Their “reunion” scene in ep 1 had me crying already and the ending for ep 2 :bawling: It really shows the love they have for each other and how after all these years they are still yearning for each other :dissapointed_relieved:

Can’t wait for episode 3&4!!

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Was the torn away person in the picture is herself? Or someone else, like an older sister? Although the girl in the picture doesn’t look like her in college, it could still be a picture of younger her, like in middle school maybe? 

This is JS's sister, and she herself remained in a cut off piece of photo.

@plappi, thanks for the relationship chart. There can be innumerable reasons why that picture is torn. It looks pretty old too. Since her family was supposedly “well to do” according to younger HJH, I do wonder what happened to them.

Regarding YJS’ financial condition, do note that she can earn more money. In her conversation with her friend, her friend commented on this. YJS’ response was that she didn’t want to abandon the unnis.

Those four words......when he saw her and she was about to tie her hair using his handkerhief.. she got flustered, the wind blew her hair. In the present day, Jae Hyun said the same line to her.. when he saw her... Ji Soo shock and her tears fell.

"There you are. Yoon Ji Su"

"There you are... Yoon Ji Su"

*all IG post cto*

@jongski, thank you for posting that scene where YJS reflects on how much HJH has meant to her through the years. I confess my heart was breaking for her in that scene. The way she talks it makes it sound like she endured the years supported by her beautiful memories of him. However, my question is why was she so miserable over the years? What happened in her life? Hmmm.

28 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@jongski, thank you for posting that scene where YJS reflects on how much HJH has meant to her through the years. I confess my heart was breaking for her in that scene. The way she talks it makes it sound like she endured the years supported by her beautiful memories of him. However, my question is why was she so miserable over the years? What happened in her life? Hmmm.

Did she though?? She did marry her husband, had a child, I assume at some point she did move on from all of it.......I really want to know what the husband and the mother-in-law did for her to file for divorce. It didn't seem like a marriage of convenience, it seemed like she married him because she loved her husband to some extent. I mean compared to Jae Hyun, he clearly signed up for a marriage of convenience which he never committed to fully with all his heart. I hate this part thought, both may have married for wrong reasons and their children will be caught up in the middle of it. It feels a bit like Love Rain to be honest.

41 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I really want to know what the husband and the mother-in-law did for her to file for divorce. 

And strong enough that even court announced him responsible for the failure of marriage.

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

Did she though?? She did marry her husband, had a child, I assume at some point she did move on from all of it.......I really want to know what the husband and the mother-in-law did for her to file for divorce. It didn't seem like a marriage of convenience, it seemed like she married him because she loved her husband to some extent. I mean compared to Jae Hyun, he clearly signed up for a marriage of convenience which he never committed to fully with all his heart. I hate this part thought, both may have married for wrong reasons and their children will be caught up in the middle of it. It feels a bit like Love Rain to be honest.

It’s too early to say if YJS’ marriage wasn’t one of convenience. I have watched stories in the past where the woman is in a terrible situation and a man that treats her well persuades her that marrying him would help her situation. It can also be that YJS didn’t marry her husband out of love. In life there are also lots of women who didn’t marry out of love (culture or situation) but grew to like the man once they’re married. It could be that YJS married the guy because it made sense for her situation at the time and perhaps she thought love will come because he might have treated her well at the time and made promises to her that he did not keep. However, this is all speculation. We will have to wait and see. I find the way that YJS treats him totally devoid of respect so that’s why I’m curious.

I have found a version of 'Love Letter' with Chinese character subtitles online. If anyone wants to watch it, please send me a PM and I'll send you the link. I tried hard to look for a version with English subtitles, but so far I have not found it yet. 

The four maind leads of this drama has shown. Not only are they beautiful but the acting is beautiful too.

When you're in your 40's and you look this pretty.

And you.. young leads what are you so cute and beautiful for?

And you.... flexing. Hot ajhussi

*all IG photos credit to owners*

17 hours ago, celebrianna said:

However, my question is why was she so miserable over the years? What happened in her life? Hmmm.

@celebrianna  Maybe she went through a lot after college days.

1. She lost Jae Hyun, the man she love ( you can tell she still feels for him at present)

2. She was also jailed ( flashback back says 2004 and ex husband was her lawyer). I think she was alreading the joining protests because of of Jae Hyun. From the flashback not sure if it's becuse of the protest or something else but she  intended to do what she had to and not sorry about and owed to.

3. And add to that  I think father suffered dementia/ alzheimers. The monaloguewhen she visited her father at the convalescent ward you can see her feelngs for Jae Hyun hasn't change, if we're to base from what she said to her father ( the IG posted in prev page).  She cried when the her father showed her  the torned phot  and said "they are  my wife and daugther, aren't they beautiful".

The college days was one of her happiest. Meeting Jae Hyun.  She was well off, studing piano lessons, enjoying college life. She's the burgeois that Jae Hyun teased her.  She was never into  protest and rallies but because of him I think she learned and saw and even joined the fight and and pligh of the protestors..   But now the present Ji Su is in misery.

I think perhaps the ideals of Jae Hyun i is now different.   In episode one Jae Hyun, the college student in 1995 who was studing law joining protest fighting for demoracy and labour laws. In his impassioned speech  he condemed those who are  in power because people were thrown oout of their homes which they live in for 30 years, they are beaten in the name of redevelopment.  Ji Su looking at a distance looking impressed.  She liked Jae Hyun. She was the agressive one, thrying to follow him. even going to the law building dept, going to the book shop.  In the library, just places where Jae hyun frequents.  

At present, she's still joining the protest and fight of the workers, their hunger strike. But she said she will stop or limit her particiaption. The place where the protestors are staging the strike is the company that belongs to Jae Hyun's father in law. When she saw the magazine article says there Jae Hyun a mere employee married the daughter in law. You can see her reaction.

So yeah what transpired after her college days and in to present  was probably what makes her suffer  miserably. And her we have Jae Hyun who seems far cry from  how he was  when he  he made that speech whilst a young Ji Su look on from a distance.

The latter episodeswe'll see exactly why. The flashback to youth, something happened after college, plus the cause of why she was jailed.

I see chingus saying drama has the this to  Love Rain vibes. I'm now curios. I heard of the drama but not sure if I've seen it. I'll check it out somtime.

So....here i am :)

the first 2 eps hooked me. Almost stopped at the half of 1st episode (i don’t know why but kinda feel awkward with the flashback story:sweatingbullets:) but fortunately keep continue till the end.

The moment I catch the emotion and understand the conflict of the story, i know for sure this drama is good, really good. Ugh my heart did hurts seeing how ironic it is..

Their acting.. plot.. dialogue.. cinematography.. very well done. 

really, these 2 eps are beautiful, glad to find this drama. I hope the story developed nicely, i want to enjoy this kind of story longer :)

My weekend will be very busy these days.. so many good drama is on going. Not that i’m complaining :D

Archived