[Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화

0ly40

2 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Whats the ending can you tell me? I can only wait viu upload it like 12 hours later. I am really curious and tvn dont upload clip to youtube :( not netflix either

The episode has already been uploaded online to the "not legal" sites.  ;)  But we will have to wait all day for subs.  <_<

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHY I HAVE TO WATCH THIS DRAMA WHILE IT'S STILL ON GOING WHILST I KNOW THE AGONY OF WATCHING ONGOING DRAMA :bawling:

one question, why JS hid out and left JH without giving him any explanation ?

1 hour ago, FactChecker said:

On another note, they are always referring to Love Letter. Are they talking about the 1995 Japanese movie? That would be weird as I did not have the feeling that it was a fantasy melodrama. Are they time travelling from 1993 to 1995 and back? Haha...

It does seem to be the 1995 Japanese movie which was very, very popular in Korea.  (I did a bunch of hunting around about the movie and posted about this last week.)  Probably the time confusion is just a writer's mistake.  

saw the clips of ending in episode 4 and it sounds wrong but right for me :joy:

Yoo Ji Tae really aging very well and i like him since in his debut era in Hwang Jin Yi LOLS :joy:

like JS said, there's something sexy and dignified about him :joy:

i can feel you honey :P 

I feel like present JH being so protective of JS because of her hardships.. I LOVE when it was implied he's basically buying her expensive glove, but he ends up giving her man shoes and umbrella.. because it's the fact that he cares for her.. it's the smallest things he can do to help her.. but I hope jisoo gets to see there's definitely reason behind jaehyun's sudden 180 change, and I do feel he fights his own battle (I do feel he has an agenda to take down the company), and I hope she can protect him too.. i appreciate lots of funny moments being slipped in many instances though.. when JH nagging his secretary to quick help her with her groceries.. JS saying "im not that old!" to JH.. and in today's ep when JH mumbling "that jerk" after he met JS' ex hubby at the hospital :D :D 

14 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@enchantedyears who slapped YJS? Let me guess. Is it her ex-mother-in-law?  

Yes. It shows just how terrible even her ex-MIL was. Life has been so unkind to her :bawling:

59 minutes ago, thistle said:

It does seem to be the 1995 Japanese movie which was very, very popular in Korea.  (I did a bunch of hunting around about the movie and posted about this last week.)  Probably the time confusion is just a writer's mistake.  

I think the time confusion is done on purpose by the writer so the characters can be in their early 20s (Korean age) in college and then already be in their 40s in present day.

JS is a strong woman, she never cried in front of anyone, but in front of JH, her resolve crumbles.. I'm so happy his sincerity reaches her heart.. that she couldnt resist anymore and just release all that sadness in front of him and I think that ending kiss, the one she initiated, is a sign that she still longs for him and will try to finally be happy. GAHH CAN NEXT WEEK COME SOONER

1 hour ago, enchantedyears said:

We might not have kimchi slaps but we have these and a couple more :sweatingbullets: 

22 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@enchantedyears who slapped YJS? Let me guess. Is it her ex-mother-in-law?  

Oh no what was the slap for? Is that ep 4? Oh these adult dramas on going right now :D 

Thanks for the recaps. I'll wait for subs.

1 minute ago, Adwina Oltariani said:

JS is a strong woman, she never cried in front of anyone, but in front of JH, her resolve crumbles.. I'm so happy his sincerity reaches her heart.. that she couldnt resist anymore and just release all that sadness in front of him and I think that ending kiss, the one she initiated, is a sign that she still longs for him and will try to finally be happy. GAHH CAN NEXT WEEK COME SOONER

Ah, but having an affair won’t lead to happiness. Perhaps briefly or in the moment but not in the long-term. Remember there are children involved too. I wanted them to get back together, if at all possible, but not like this because others will now be able to blackmail them or make their lives hell. 

Just now, celebrianna said:

Ah, but having an affair won’t lead to happiness. Perhaps briefly or in the moment but not in the long-term. Remember there are children involved too. I wanted them to get back together, if at all possible, but not like this because others will now be able to blackmail them or make their lives hell. 

at this point, I dont think theyll be having an affair. even from the preview it looks like JH will decide to still be with his wife. JH - JS maybe will keep meeting each other, as long as they keep meeting one another, maybe it's enough for now. one thing for sure though.. JH always fights his own battle because theres a scene in the preview with him being imprisoned too in college? JH is distant with his family though.. He's cold with his wife, he's being so formal with Daddy in Law, He also doesnt seem to care about his bratty son. Makes me wonder if his marriage is just one of his agenda. He's learning to fight dirty, no doubt

oh, JS and JH story remind very on my mother cousin love story. She had a first love in her childhood but they got separated. Years later he started search for her again as he never got over her (like JH). He find her on facebook and they started to talk again. They both got married with kids before meeting again where she got divorced as her husband was abusive (like JS). He was still married. As I understand his divorce was kinda ugly as there where some hurt  from his kids side and wife... But they got together and now married. I belive it was a hard prosess for his kids accepting this.  

Yeah a story about the unforgettable first love. :wub: 

I wonder if we gonna get something like that for this drama, but seems like it is gonna be many obstacle for our two happy ending. I really pray they find peace in the end though.

I rewatched episode three because I'm still waiting for episode 4 with eng subs. 

My all time favorite scene in episode 3 is when they're both at their own balconies. 

JS is at the balcony and she says "Jae Hyun used to be on my side, my belief, and my world."

3J7BQnq.png

The camera pans to the right. JH's standing at his own balcony and he says "Your belief doesn't exist anymore."

AYJ3C3C.jpg 

Gosh the cinematography and writing is so poetic!! :wub: :tears:

One of the heartwarming moments is the scene between JH and JS's son, Young Min.

JH tells him, "I'm on the losing side," and YM warms up to JH. 

What's so melodramatic is when JH tells JS to stay out of the protests and JS tells her, "Sunbae taught me the losing side is our side." And we learn that when Younger JS had this eagerness to be a part of JH's world...she says,

"To me you're my belief and my world. So I will do everything you believe in. And I'll be on the same side with you and live in the world you live in." 

In the present, JS has grit. She doesn't want to change for the selfish and materialistic JH and says, "I don't have much experience in winning anyway. I haven't won a lot in my life, but I'm not ashamed of my life."

And that is what makes JS different from the typical suffering Kdrama character.

@sal2 Thanks for sharing your mother's cousin love story. There may have been struggles, but I'm glad that the first loves are together now. I'm hoping that this drama will have the same hopeful journey, too. :heart:

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

# Two similar but got two different vibe 

One a lighter note.....

Perhaps I am a ridiculous person but, despite the intensity of the scene, I see the image of that wine-stained white dress and I desperately wants to say, "it will be okay; I know how to remove red wine stains.  It's easy!  You don't even need special cleaning products."  ;)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1398042wpp/lee-bo-young-and-park-si-yeon-face-off-as-yoo-ji-tae-watches-hopelessly-in-when-my-love-blooms

Lee Bo Young And Park Si Yeon Face Off As Yoo Ji Tae Watches Hopelessly In “When My Love Blooms”

May 3, 2020
by S. P

Tension is in the air as Lee Bo Young and Park Si Yeon face each other in the upcoming episode of “When My Love Blooms”!

The drama tells the story of reunited college sweethearts Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo, who are now living completely different lives as adults. The drama stars Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Bo Young as the main characters and GOT7’s Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee as their respective younger counterparts.

Spoiler

After Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo meet again, they get washed away in emotions as they remember the beautiful memories of their past. In the previous episode, Han Jae Hyun’s wife Jang Seo Kyung (Park Si Yeon) finds out that Yoon Ji Soo has a special significance in her husband’s life, and the reality of the situation between the three becomes more solid.

In the stills for the upcoming episode, the three coincidentally meet in a banquet hall. The situation looks troubling as Jang Seo Kyung appears in front of Yoon Ji Soo, who is wearing a mask while she plays piano. Jang Seo Kyung stares haughtily at Yoon Ji Soo, while Han Jae Hyun observes the two of them with a rigid expression.

In the last still, Yoon Ji Soo shows uncharacteristic anger and resolve as she removes her mask to face Jang Seo Kyung. Viewers are curious about how Yoon Ji Soo will handle the situation in the upcoming episode.

Spoiler

lee-bo-young.jpg

park-si-yeon.jpg

yoo-ji-tae.jpg

park-si-yeon-lee-bo-young.jpg

“When My Love Blooms” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

Catch the latest episode on Viki below!

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

Archived