[Drama 2020] We were in Love, 우리 사랑했을까

0ly40

13 minutes ago, Nodame said:

HN doesn't need to be the pawn in this horrible power play and REVEAL to public the private business of AJ and ODO. OOH Jennifer Song is dispicable.

That's right. Using Ha Nee like this is simply disgusting. Jennifer Song is truly awful. I can't stand her and I really don't understand her obsession. She needs to take care of her feelings because she is definitely not acting professional. 

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dad secret is finally out!!! Though it was very obvious kdrama first love cliche scenario. Still, at least everyonnneee knows, well except probably the media and public.. and Hanee.... 

I just hope NAJ will just ballsily just make all those media shut up not have RJ be the hero. The drama karma gods needs to have RJ be ruined for his concious and selfish actions all those years ago. He is the worst friend ever, not only for his actions then, but he continues to be friends with ODO knowing what he did. He feels no sense of guilt for 14 years, not only for AJ and DO, but also HN. He is justifying his selfish acts plus he disconnected to want to play hero/saviour. Urgh he honestly irritates me

ODO will definitely be superdad to the rescue, this time he finally knows he is dad. 

HN will have that hero dad moment, i just wonder when she will be told, that dad is the ahjushhi who she is so comfortable with to bicker... love their dynamic already...

AJ choice in the past of not telling DO feels unfair for DO, but with in her POV and situation at that time, i can 100% understand and will support. But now, to not allow the father-daughter to have a relationship, feels so wrong. 

AJ feels that she can fulfill the father role to HaNee. But actually she can’t replace a father figure to her daughter. Eventhough she does not want to be with ODO. ODO is the father of HaNee. They need to be have the second chance. 

Ep 11 is full of tears and I am still livid by what RJ and Jennifer did in this ep.

While I want to understand that RJ thought he could've had a chance with NAJ by deleting the message, he ended up hurting more people including his best friend ODO, NAJ and her family. Imagine being left in the dark for 14 years not knowing you had a daughter. If I was NAJ, I would've slapped the hell out of him and sue for mental distress caused.

Jennifer Song is another low blow. Using an innocent child as a pawn to media is just evil. 

And I did get my hopes up for more KPD scenes, but in this ep he only appeared like 3 minutes. I need more KPD scenes please! We only have 5 eps left:bawling:

On the happier note, the dog has a name now. Sandeul-ie:love:

@Nodame that piece of information about DO's family really came out of nowhere! but I guess it drives home the point that what you see isn't always what is the reality. And I don't like the return of the CEO Hwang but I guess with 5 episodes left and all secrets out, they needed some material! And so now it remains to be seen if this movie will ever be made! Honestly all the women surrounding AJ are superb - her mum, SookHee, HyeJin... at the very least they form a very supportive environment.

@chatterbox22 Yess i really want the kids to be friends again. I wonder if they will connect PD's revelation of DC's real mum to the current situation. How will PD's gang story come into play for the next 5 episodes?

@czakhareina I'm super curious what AJ will do to shut the media up, because the text preview indicated that she was going to take matters into her own hands, rather than have RJ do the talking. I thought the end of Ep 11 was symbolic even, with DO and AJ rushing to HN while RJ was hiding behind closed doors. 

I hope HN gets to find out the truth of everything without being under the eye of the media. I understand AJ is scared and doesn't know how to broach the subject with her - I think some of DO's words were getting through to AJ in that it wasn't HN's choice to live this way - but it will still be way better for it to be coming from AJ than some other news article revealing about the truth that it's DO (since he's also famous?)

Ohhh! What a mess... 

Of course ODO is the father.. i suspected it from the begining.

First ODO did not receive the message AJ had sent.

Second: apparently there was no real trust between the couple. It seems now there was a reason why ODO was being distant. He had family issues to deal with.

He should have mentioned this to AJ so she would not feel ingored.

I am so mad with RJ  not only for deleting the message but also how dare he to accuse AJ to ODO about not being the only man AJ had slept with.  He was discusting..

But i felt content when he finally remember what we all suspected. NOTHING happened that night. Ha! What an embarrasement.

I am annoyed with AJ for not putting him to his place. I mean that girl is way too calm.

So about ep 12. I dont think ODO will say anything.  But i hope at least to clear the things for HN in terms that RJ is not her dad. 

And start having screen time between the ODO and HN.

Some things should have been said in earlier episodes...

Preview for ep 13

So finally it seems from the preview and NOT watching ep 12, HN knows.

I am at work and have not watched ep 12 yet only 10am here.

-HN asks AJ about ODO

and if she still has feelings for him and if she regrets having her

-DC /HN and AJ together (OMG the people harassing PD have them cornered in the preview?!)

-DC asking if PD really is his dad

-AR manager telling her to give up/let go of her liking ODO (inferred)

-RJ telling HN about AJ and ODO (I am hoping that is the case) saying they both did  like each other (showing sweet scenes of them together and ODO holding books (a stack) for AJ)

-ODO saying to AJ he will work hard and wait until AJ and HN will accept him

My only question is that in this whole series why OD is the one to ask for forgiveness all the time...why AJ or RJ not asking for forgiveness..I mean some misunderstandings happened between the leads I get that. But it's not like OD knowingly abandoned both AJ and HN. They all are tormenting the poor guy. 

Eps 11 & 12 are both winners.  There was drama with a good mix of humor (in Ep 12). 

I am so conflicted because I now like all 4 men for NAJ.  Each candidate has enough redeeming value worthy of AJ's love.  

YW is really the sweetest. How many men would kneel and beg and give-up so much because he couldn't bear the thought of AJ and HN being hurt? Now I understand why YW is so infatuated with AJ. 

I also have more sympathy for ODO knowing the reason why he turned out to be a negligent boyfriend. His persistence has also finally grown on me. 

Despite his terrible sins of ommission, RJ's concern for AJ and HN was obviously sincere.  

And CEO KPD.  I still wish he and AJ had more interactions.  He's still my top fave among the 4 of them,  just because. 

Ahhhh ok I was again frustrated this episode, after yesterday's ep. Honestly I was willing AJ through my screen to please just tell HN who it is already, especially when she knew HN really believed RJ was her dad. Solve the problem with HN first then the problem with the press, not the other way round! Sigh. And AJ does remain lucky in having the men around her having the capability to help her solve the problems. Wish it could have been written a bit better, but well, that's one problem down.  If anyone understood what PD meant by 'CS' though, please let me know! 

And looks like our kid duo are back together again after fighting off the mean boy! I'm so happy DC stood up for HN against the kid who used to bully him. And I had to laugh at the same scene - I don't know if the writers planned it way ahead with DC's styling, but how HN was pulling onto the bully's hair while he couldn't do the same because of DC's buzz cut. LOL. They even added sound effects so you don't miss it hahahaha.  

From preview, looks like the show is going to redeem RJ by getting him to bridge the gap between HN and her parents? Hmmmm I'm not feeling it. But I'm looking forward to the happy DO-AJ college scenes because it feels like all we saw was of them upset with each other. IMO there's really only one possible OTP endgame at this point (unless AJ ends up alone?) and I hope we get a least a full episode of happy at the end. 

new making video 

Cute they are blocking the various scenes but mainly the big reveal in ep 11 beginning where RJ knows he is NOT the father and later ODO learns (not directly) and AJ mama. 

The actor as RJ was hilarious and SHJ were laughing while he was kneeling he was using old fashioned saeguk Korean then (hamming it up) was funny.

Even SHJ doesn't kneel in the actual scene but he mimiced the actor as RJ kneeling as well. LOL.

@herina_90  @mel22 Thanks for your thoughts on ep 11 and 12.

Glad to hear that DC and HN are back together as friends. YES!

@Dev11O Oh I agree why does ODO feel like he constantly has to apologize is RIGHT. RJ did not apologize. AJ I don't see her feeling to need to apologize. I feel RJ should apologize but his character will not do it.

Hmm again the dilemma watch the drama during lunch time? LOL.

================

edit: I used lunch time to watch it.

-OMG Glad finally HN knows but wish AJ told her and not to have ODO force the issue and say it at the school and take that horrid teachers HANDS off HN!  That bully is a punk and horrible, his parents are like him (Def ugggh) and for the father to say horrible things about AJ and on what basis?  

-SH is awesome and glad she talked to ODO. LOL emphasizing why people go to her place for comfort etc not just drinks. But also clarifying HN is the only person comes who is young. Like HN said in ep 11, it is NOT a bar to me but a place where my mom's BFF works/place of business. OMG can i say the puppy Sandeul (adorbs we know a name and he is so cute). Glad he gave comfort to HN.

-DC throwing the milk like HN saved him, and even the horrible teacher agreeing DC had no business in this particular struggle. LOL. Glad he checked up on HN and texted her and also apologized to her and stated he had his reasons. I did like the added sound effects of the bully trying to grab DC hair (thanks to the buzz cut ) there is nothing to grab. Epic! 

(Next episode he will hopefully find out  his origins as he asks PD --are you really my dad?)

-YW and his pleading to his mom to clear the rumors, wow he really has a pure heart and caring for AJ. Now he cannot be with her, he truly loves her to not want to see her and HN in pain EVEN if he is not the person by her side. So commendable and sweet, awww YW is a sweet puppy caring for Nuna.  The fact mom was frustrated only caring for AJ he was willing to go home and do what she bids but NOT when mom begged him. 

-Flash back with the knee injury and AJ giving him support and encouragement at his lowest point in life at 19 thinking his life was over. OMG I can see why he cares and loves AJ. It is true what he said to AR, you remember those who go through the good and bad times. it is easy to be with someone during times, it is the BAD and tough times that you find the REAL people. So thus YW loyalty. Aww.

-ODO showing his hardships with his family and taking the break and getting jobs to earn money to help the family . I loved how AJ being herself giving praise and encouragement. OMG the twist after the book she found in his bag he had a jewelry box (for AJ)why he was huffy did not want her to see. But now looking back he can see (always easier to find out in retrospect and time to think things over). 

ODO consoling HN and it as cute and she is so well mannered. I know he was DYING to call her daughter but did not as he knew AJ would be ticked at him.

Also going to the lawyer to see what could be done. It must have hurt alot to watch and be able to do anything. Plus bravo ODO for calling out RJ --is this th protection of AJ and HN you were talking about? Though touche on RJ to ODO but it is not the same. AJ is not allowing him to do anything or the right.

-AJ mom getting pissed at the TV station and telling them on unverified and confirmed basis rumors. Go mom! Glad she mentioned stuff to give HN perspective. GOSH love the mom/grandmother. HN too such a sweet gal.

The meeting with AJ and the men (sans YW) to get Jennifer Song back. LOL what a plan and all in a day? (CS what was that? Customer Service?) LOL how PD goes out and gives interest discounts to have them pull biz on the website with the news. Glad also AJ used CEO Hwang and interesting how ODO asked how she could easily forgive him. (ODO just heard he has a CHANCE if she can forgive him--she will come around to him as they have a kid with each other and have still have lingering feelings ). Just as HN asks in the preview---do you still like him (ODO)?

Then to have AJ go to JS and get mad to have her pull in an innocent child (I do agree) totally low. Yes, the icing on the cake was the retraction article showing Jennifer Song was pissed and it was revenge for RJ leaving her. (Now she is FINISHED. Who in their right mind wants to work with such a vindictive boss).

Sad this week is over and now 2 weeks left of this drama. GLAD HN knows and ODO and AJ (path for them to work and get to know each other again and ODO to learn about HN). 

Also close that loop with PD and that triad harassing him, we see something about that with HN, DC and AJ in the end of the preview. I like that HN asks if mom still likes ODO. Also ODO in true ODO fashion saying he will give his all until he is accepted by AJ (mainly) and HN. 

HN thanks for sharing with mom the void in your heart. The feeling  you are 14 and DESERVE to know who you father is.  Amen. 

4 hours ago, Dev11O said:

My only question is that in this whole series why OD is the one to ask for forgiveness all the time...why AJ or RJ not asking for forgiveness..I mean some misunderstandings happened between the leads I get that. But it's not like OD knowingly abandoned both AJ and HN. They all are tormenting the poor guy. 

I agree with you @Dev11O He didn't do anything. AJ doesn't deserve OD's love. AJ must ask for forgiveness to OD.

5 hours ago, 0ly40 said:

I agree with you @Dev11O He didn't do anything. AJ doesn't deserve OD's love. AJ must ask for forgiveness to OD.

9 hours ago, Dev11O said:

Me three.

...Or me four...

DO is being punished for perseved wrongs  and even now is being hated for choices made by other people. I feel so bad for him. It feels like no one is on his side. This drama is like the many ways to torment DO. 

Given that DO did became a bad boyfriend toward the end of the relationship

And yes even though he had his reasons and going through some rough issue, he still was a bad boyfriend cause He did neglect and make AJ feel unwanted. That would have been heartbreaking for AJ then. Plus that time she saw the kissing of DO&HS.

But there is no reason for DO to keep apologizing to AJ. At this point, It really should be the other way around with how she kept such a big choice out from his hands... plus all those missing years with HN. And even now she still keeps depriving DO from being in HNs life. 

This feels like a selfish and bitter act to punish DO for what she perseves wrong done to her during the time they were in a relationship.

.. or she is scared to feel that way again with DO, feeling not the priority for DO.

Her choice to withheld the information even now is still about her.

Which makes me so angry at her. And angry for DO and HN. 

I feel like RJ is unredeemable at this point. The preview of him walking and talking HN through AJ and DO's relationship feels self absorbed. Unless he owns up and apologizes to HN (and also DO) on what he did, that he is one of the reasons she didnt have a dad all those 14 years ago. Then i am so done with him...

Though i sooo feel it awesome DO came and made his superdad moment. It was so satisfying to watch for DO and HN. They are probably the relationship I am sooooo rooting for in this drama.

As many of you I am a little bit mad at Ae Jung for treating Dae O like that.  And she should apologize to him for not trusting him. But on the other hand she has just learnt about what was going on 14 years ago (aka him working hard to make money to support himself and his parents and the whole another girl thing). I guess she just has to untangle everything, just like she said and I think she will say "I am sorry too". She has many flaws but there is nothing she can't do for her daughter. Ha Nee is thoughtful and mature. But hey. It's Ae Jung who raised her like that. 

Ae Jung fighting/angry mom mode was hilarious to watch. She may be rather quiet and bottle things up but deep down she is fierce. She came up with this whole plan in order to take revenge on CEO Song. That witch had it coming. I am glad that Pa Do, Ryu Jin, Dae O and her former boss helped her. I can understand why she chose to deal with the press and rumors first. Because emotionally it was easier for her than working things out with Dae O. I hope that Seok Hee and Ryu Jin will help them connect. Ryu Jin can do at least this for his friends he betrayed.

It was emotional roller coaster for Ha Nee this week. I am so happy that Dong Chan mustered courage and decided to help Ha Nee. That kid who were bullying him is really awful. Just like his parents. And the other teacher? How can a teacher turn a blind eye when a kid is being bullied? And be nice to an actual bully because he has rich parents. Like seriously. Dong Chan and Pa Do need a serious talk. Just like Ha Nee, he needs to know the truth. 

I really enjoyed flashbacks with Ae Jung and Yeon Woo. She was like a big sister to him. It was heartwarming when she said that he can have another dream. That's why I think that if she had known about Dae O's struggles she would have helped him just like she helped Yeon Woo. Dae O was afraid because he thought she would have left him if he had told her the truth. Guys, why didn't you just talk to each other about the things that bothered you? 

Judging from the preview A Rin is up to something. And Ae Jung and the kids are going to be in trouble due to Pa Do's enemies coming after them. Can't wait for next week. 

I know when the truth reveals i must be hating one of my fav characters, Ryujin or Daeoh.

And i start to hate Ryujin from deep inside my heart hahaha he supposed to appologize to Daeoh especially! Why Ryujin became so evil at that time? But i can see he is truly sincere to Aejong and Hanee.. He seems to repent his sin.

From my point of view, Aejong doesn't need to appologize but she should regret her silly action for 14years. For a long time she missunderstood Daeoh but it was normal. She must be frustated all the time. Alone.

Daeoh is victim, untill now. He deserve to be well treated.

I hope in ep 13 the tangled thread will be back to normal.

On 8/13/2020 at 6:36 PM, Dev11O said:

I agree. I feel like the revelation that ODO is a father was not realistic in its nature.

Most people would have reacted with hurt and feelings of betrayal. That he is still apologizing in this situation doesn't ring true to me. Despite the fact he was aloof and distracted by the end of the relationship, there was a reason behind it.

She should have contacted him until she got a hold of him to tell him that she's pregnant. She doesn't have sole rights to Ha Nee - he should have been given the choice and opportunity to see her grow up too.

I still don't understand why the drama is not acknowledging that she also is at fault. Poor ODO. :sad1:

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)

All chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!

We have chosen three sageuks:

1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

2) Empress Ki (with Ji Chang Wook)

3) The Moon Embracing the Sun (with Kim Soo Hyun)

All three dramas were big hits back in the day, some even achieving over 40% viewership ratings!

You can join one of the re-watch parties or all of them! It doesn't matter if you have already seen the drama or it's your first time. Everyone is welcome to join!

:piggydance:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon & @Lmangla

Archived