[Drama 2020] We were in Love, 우리 사랑했을까

0ly40

@chatterbox22 Awww thanks for the kinds words. I did get to eat some light lunch watching yesterday's episode. I had a late start today cannot watch today's during lunch. 

I just watched the BTS posted by you and preview.

-So we were trolled that RJ confessed to AJ in the library then he took the words back saying it was acting and not true (as ODO looked on).

-RJ being godsmacked surprised when ODO and AJ confess to him they are dating at the BBQ joint. ODO saying it was all on him to pay.

@mademoisellesia Love the post of ODO and HN, they are too cute bickering. Also in the hospital when he nagged her to feed him the drink and she did it. She was like---you should have told me more clearly who you were. (HN did the right thing though leaving him thinking he is weird. Plus not taking his money and running away from him. She really did not remember him as she was so concentrated on RJ and being upset that he did not want to come in for tea. So PD and ODO were nobody to her then.

My attempt to try to translate (please excuse mistakes and errors) :

Preview---

ODO-How did you get here?

Voice--How did you get to leave Seoul?

Female VOice---???

PD--PD does admit AJ looks like someone he was unable to protect.

AJ-For a moment my heart fluttered, everything I wanted to give (then something I don't want to xxx and 14 years) (?? I am missing something).

Female voice--xxxx???? then stone/rock? 

Male voice (ODO?) - XXX what is the reason he keeps rejecting going to the hospital reason? I don't know.

Male voice (guy talking to AR)--what is your reason to hide to that person?

Jennifer Song--All this time it must have been scary for you (looking at RJ) with suddenly having an appearance of a child.

ODO- xxx right? I do what I will kind to fix/rectify that scar/wound you have .

Another OST song -Sondia -Still

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed 2 new clues recently. Don Chon looking at the woman on phone is identical to AJ.  and Pa Do immediately ran light lightening to find AJ after that fight with guy who brings up the mystery woman.  am suspecting these two events are someone connected to AJ and Han Nee.

I just can’t put my finger on it that Daeo is the father.  AJ hasn’t shown any lost hurt love interest.

I definitely agree Jin ain’t the daddy.  he woke up with nobody beside him that next morning....so maybe he think they did the deed but nothing happened. 

So maybe in the cards it’s Pa Do!  :Megalol:

I know ya”lol probably screaming at this theory.  I’m just preparing for the opposite the way things are going. 

Done with ep. 8

I wish the plot would develop some more. We are afterall halfway through.

It started out really good and now i feel they just drag the story.

I am really getting annoyed with that love square.

-AJ does not clear her feelings. 

-We still dont know what happened in the past between AJ and ODO (so we can make an opinion)

-i am starting to have doubts about anyone being the dad.

-When will this shooting finally start? So the ODO's story would develop from both sites this time!

Omo! I'm almost to the end of episode 8 and just couldn't help myself! 

Hi! I'm new here and this is the first post, rather dramatic entry but oh well!

I've read some of the most recent comments, been meaning to catch up with everything that's been written here for a while now, but never got to the last 5 pages on this thread! 

Just wanted to say a couple of things, more like echo some of you:

- I never doubted even for a second that HN is ODO's daughter! And it just warmed my heart to see them in their scene together at the hospital, they were cute beyond words! :highonflowers:

- After this episode I also have serious doubts that maybe DC is not KPD's biological son.

- As much as I like YW, and find him cute and sincere and can see him as a wonderful partner, I can't stop thinking 'bug off, man! You don't belong there'. There, I've said it... And I absolutely resent RJ. KPD is lush!!! I almost want him to get together with AJ, but my heart is definitely set for ODO.

So with all that I wanted to say I'd love to be part of this thread, if you'll have me :sweet:

Yeon Woo said to Ae Jung that when it comes to being Ha Nee's father "it shouldn't be him/that person". I have a feeling that he knows that Dae O is the father and he referred to him when they were talking.  Okay, so drunk Dae O. Ae Jung was really taken aback by his "For me, it's you". I think that this time she knew that he was serious and it really shocked her. As for Ae Jung, her life has surely become complicated. When she was drinking soju alone I  could see that she is really tired of everything.  After last scene I can tell that she still loves Dae O. 

Funny thing. Have you guys noticed that both Dae O and Ae Jung eat ice when they are nervous/angry/frustrated? hahaha Another thing, Hye Jin being in conspiracy with Dae O LOL What was that XD At least we know that she is shipping Ae Jung with Dae O, just like me hahaha

So, it looks like Ae Jung resembles Dong Chan's mom a lot. I thought that they were trolling us with blurred video but it is actually true (Or maybe my eyesight is getting worse these days XD) Anyway, I am curious how this part of the story will unfold. Are these people from China really after Pa Do? Or are they after Dong Chan? Do they want revenge? Interesting. 

@Brennster Welcome to the thread chingu! I agree that Ha Nee and Dae O look adorable together. I definitely need more of that! 

I haven't seen last night's episode. I'm hoping there are more father-daughter bonding. It'd be more interesting than seeing 4 guys chasing after 1 girl :P especially for the guys that don't stand a chance. The only guy I felt bad for (except ODO) is YW. It's apparent that he left his chaebol life because his mum didn't approve of him wanting to be with Ae Jung in the past. I do wish he was explored more as a character. Ok, maybe not, if this happen I'd be in danger of falling into TLS zone (third lead syndrome since he's not even second lead).

I'm really not happy with Jin. He's being such a bad friend. AJ didn't like him 14 years ago and he supported AJ and DO. And she didn't like him - yet he's going to tell DO not to like her and that 'he liked her first'? Not cool.

I really love that we got more insight into why Dong Chan is so angry at Koo. He thinks Koo had something to do with his mom's death - or he even killed her. I really want them to resolve this and get closer. I don't think he's Dong Chan's father but at least he can care for him like a dad.

I hate it when writers force the second lead(s) to rush off and intercept the OTP. I know the kiss will be fake out and all three of the guys will show up. Oh well. 

I know that when DO finds out about him being the father, that will be the cause of a 'breakup' or angst so I hope they get it done fast. I want  some nice moments with AJ and DO and not so much of her being cold and hating him.

@thingskateknows totally agree on the Dong Chan comment! He gets his own storyline beyond just being Hanee's friend. I also don't think PD is his real father (my guess is his real father is the boss that the hiker-attacker claimed PD killed), as he asked at the temple if it was okay to tell DC everything now. I'm enjoying this side storyline more than any others, but also don't get the vibe that PD likes AJ in a romantic sense - I actually hope this becomes a friendship amongst single parents instead. Also PD's reason for rushing to the island to protect her was more supportable that the other second leads rushing to stop the male lead from confessing - guys, they still need to work together! you can't stop it for long! At least PD's scenes showed actual potential danger since someone attacked him.

@chatterboX_1 oh! i totally didn't notice the ice point. where was it for DO? I need to rewatch ep 8 haha. And this time drunk DO's sad face said it all. It'll be hard for even AJ to try and laugh this off now. But at the end, I sort of understood her frustration. 14 years ago she gave up her producing dream to have HaNee, now that she's back on track to producing an actual movie, why does he not let her do her job and insists on interfering? And all the other guys imposing their ideas on her when for so long she was fine fending for herself and her mum+daughter. I do hope she's able to learn she can have both love and career, and for the guys to back off a bit so our movie can actually progress. 

@Nodame and yes the RJ confession was a total troll! 

Don't like the ending. I think there wouldn't anything far happened more than that. They would stop cuz AJ is hesitated or the three pesky guys are coming to ruin ODO's confession. Lol

Among the three, I think DC's dad and YW are less annoying than RJ. Dunno why everytime I see him now I become annoyed. I mean if he likes her he should work on it long ago! He should be with JAR. They matched!

Even ODO might have done a mistake to AJ in the past (based on AJ's story) at least he never give up in pursuing her. He persistently fight for his love for her. And I like that persistence. Haha

At first I was supporting RJ but him being like ‘I liked her first’ annoyed the hell out of me. He didn’t do anything about it. I guess it’s part of his character. Being a coward/loser despite a famous actor.

Can’t wait to know the backstory of DC’s mum and is AJ really gonna be in trouble?

Anyone feels the love square and dad search have been quite draggy? It’s already halfway and we are no nearer to knowing who the dad is and why

AJ is so angry (cause of break up). If DO is really the dad he needs time to get over the angst and reconcile with AJ. I’ll be so annoyed if they get together right at the end of the drama and no time to show when they’re happy. This push and pull is getting old. Maybe that’s just how Korean dramas work (I don’t really watch them unless the ones Ji Hyo is in so am not an expert). But the slow burn romance is killing me!

@Alice Wonderland Right, Dae O's persistence is something else. He totally doesn't listen to anyone. And that's what I like about him. Decisions he makes are really his, they aren't affected by other people.

@herina_90 For Dae O it was shown at the  beginning of episode 7 at the party after Ae Jung laughed at him. And also if I remember correctly after Ryu Jin stopped him from caressing Ae Jung's hair at the beginning of episode 8 :D

Thanks @herina_90 RJ seems to have a lot of trolling -when it comes to his character. Seems very reliable of Writer nim with Ryu Jin. As for ODO, I felt he had flickers of liking (spark) when he agreed to work with her at the fountain (they both were smiling happily) and both reminiscing their past.

Him looking at her and giving late night snack and making edits---on his way to falling for AJ as he told RJ about it. But full fledged liking (just steps and steps) til he confessed at the party .  A guy excited to meet his potential person he likes daughter (not turned off but more wants to know her) yeah ODO is full on in. When he heard from Hye Jin she was a single mom--he felt like a heel. Then his burgeoning feelings have a chance to come up as AJ is not forbidden person to date (as no hubby or BF). Just nuisance YW living with her who also sensed ODO liked her with the FIRM handshake when they met. 

JTBC posted these prior scenes and BTS

@Alice Wonderland I like ODO persistence too. If he listened to RJ then he would have given up on AJ. But since the library scene, she was giving him a hard time but ODO noticed she was not ADVERSE to his 10th proposal for a meal (as he thought) and to use RJ for that last ditch effort. 

@thingskateknows Agreed that Dong Chan has his own story. So then is the AJ lookalike his mom? Hmm.

@chatterbox22 Thanks for the new BTS.

I like they all get along and give ideas what to do in the scene.

Right now with a drama lull and looking forward to this drama. I was missing Son Ho Jun so much I marathoned 2 of his old reality Variety shows so I could see more of him. LOL.

After the last episode i agree not much story movement with everyone else.

-I did like DC finally asked PD about his mom.

-The fact all the guys went to the island other than ODO was a bit ridiculous and only one one with legit excuse is PD (worrying for AJ safety). RJ and JW are just jealous and did not want ODO alone with her far away to have quality time together.

-HN telling DC that the actor is the only candidate left and she senses something is up but I wonder when she will add ODO to the mix. You know she will eventually. DC asking PD about his mom. Also when asked why he didn't use his allowance (DC is not happy how PD makes a living and lives up to his feeling uncomfortable relationship with PD.) PD is a decent guy with an intimidating face indeed.

-AR telling JW mom that she saw him at AJ home. (Gosh that is the last that JW wants his mom to know. She is meddlesome and to go all the way to the school to see him and bug him.) Uggh.

-AR going to the office to try to see ODO and even tell her manager to complain on the great revisions of the script (just to see ODO) was childish excuses to see him again. I feel doesn't endear to that person at all but frankly turns them off. Plus she had memory confessing to ODO (but her confession I would not have taken seriously either like ODO). Plus his heart was AJ and she was jealous when she saw ODO expression thinking of AJ.

-the beginning when RJ telling ODO to not like AJ was very WEAK. Just say don't like her, why NOT? Seriously? RJ is weak and not confident and cannot express himself well. It DOESN'T matter you met AJ first. The fact you did NOTHING is not ODO fault.  I mean he saw her when he was taking a break from the military and saw her do her self introduction to the department outing. She was energetic, bright and cute when she said her goal was to be CC couple while in school. (SHe did achieve her dream with ODO).

-RJ is so passive aggressive. ODO was rejected ALOT and when he FINALLY said I will give up after this last ditch effort, sunbae/hyung  you need to help me. If she rejects me then I am GIVING UP. Only when ODO said that last part, he was willing to help ODO. We know that RJ said the truth about his feeling after giving the drink with note from ODO. BUt seeing AJ shocked expression and took back what he said about liking her---she was fine and calmed down. (AJ def liked ODO but she was not sure what to do and react just constantly rejecting ODO. But ODO was smart to see AJ was not vehemently complaining or against ODO with RJ help so he persevered. Plus tell tale ODO was happy wanted to sign show thanks and RJ just elft in a huff of frustration and self anger too with himself.

AJ did overhear RJ and ODO and then recalled ODO finally getting a date or having him date him. He is DEF icon or poster child of persistence! He took her to have clams after FINALLY scoring a meal /date (after MT and having her constantly reject him.) She was like Clams are #1 for me and then ODO is like. If I eat this you are dating me right? LOL poor AJ not realizing that ODO is deathly ill of them. Dang talk about putting your life on the line for someone you like. I can see why AJ called ODO her property on her walkman (they had alot of emotions and ups and down). But there was DEFINITELY love between them. 

AJ might have had a crush on the popular and handsome RJ but ODO is scrappy and handsome and charming too. Way more depth and interesting person to date over RJ. I would be driven crazy but RJ insecurities.

AR knows now that AJ is a single mom with no boyfriend. So when she called she would take AJ home (after all the guys were fighting to take her home--LOL was good that she did). Poor HJ these same guys won't even offer her a ride home. Awwww.  Dang.

PD that side story of the Triad Boss killed by PD (could have been the woman he wanted to protect ie DC mom) he is on the run. So to have them threaten to harm AJ and all around PD or else. Dang. He is legit ok to go to the island worrying about AJ's life and safety. Dang.

Happy to see mom but the fact she told AJ that HN knew about the book and she asked her about it.

Sigh she realized that HN IS curious about her dad. (No matter how much love you give, it is something missing and she needs closure in her heart.)  Cute how Sook Hee told mom that her grandchild (the puppy ) was with her. LOL.

ODO asking HJ help to ditch her to be there and help AJ. AJ is upset as I am sure she is not wanting to be around ODO as she realizes he is real. She is afraid of having her heart reopened by him. He  was her FIRST serious boyfriend. She feels a lot and is trying to avoid him and say I have a kid, I am too busy, I have no room for you. ODO is like a bulldozer pushing all obstacles away and clearing his path only to AJ. He is getting assistance from AJ. Curried favor with the gentleman so they could secure that filming site (getting there before AJ). 

I hope they kiss in the next episode but I feel we are going to be trolled and they don't I feel like that the guys are going to see them and call AJ or ODO name TO STOP them from kissing.  (But the time they spend with the others will just show us that ODO is still going to be on top).

The more I see ODO and AJ, I am not going to lie rooting for them more and more. Now we NEED to see more from AJ memories and ODO and RJ role (Or lack of inaction).

@chatterbox22 Thanks for posting the preview. I am at work and I will do my best to try to translate what I CAN! Please excuse mistakes/errors.

AR: Actually, I came to confess to you (Director/ ODO)

AJ: It was a misunderstanding

ODO: I know, I will go away as you wish.

AR: What kind of relationship do you have with Producer AJ? Really what relationship do you have? You are making someone xxx?

HJ: xxx si is different xxxx? (???)

voice (RJ boss?) : Oh that is your weak point right?

YW: If that person allows me too, I am thinking being a "dad"

PD person ?: Don't you think you should tell Dong Chan?

AJ mom: Why?

HN: That film star RJ is my dad

ODO: Oh the father was alive? (we see RJ kneeling and AJ standing there with ODO looking on)

Thanks @chatterbox22 and @Nodame for sharing the preview! Man my first hope is they don't end tomorrow's episode at the RJ kneeling scene with DO's shocked face - that would be one too many episode "cliffhangers" being spoiled in previews, just like the 'almost kiss'. At least have something substantial happen after that. 

Watched Ep 9 and hmmmmmmm... I'm not sure how I feel about it. Part of me thinks maybe the writer is aiming for the truth to be revealed through the actual movie filming, like forming a parallel scene as it did earlier (if not, we can let go of the movie already if AJ just divulged everything straightaway to DO) but like some others have said, it is getting draggy and they don't give us enough clues to support how she's acting.. I hope it's a good reason because she presented such extreme options today, if not it's totally unjustifiable to DO.  

Don't want to spoil too much but AJ has effectively shot down 1 suitor in my view, so let's get to advancing the story proper please! there's still all the truths to be revealed and half the suitors yet to properly confess? how to finish in 7 episodes?

I think OD should stop pursuing her... Let her do what she wants ...This show is way too slow and kinda getting boring now. Like others said if AJ doesn't have a good reason for leaving him then it's too cruel to OD.

Archived