[Drama 2020] We were in Love, 우리 사랑했을까

0ly40

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@herina_90 to be honest, I was thrown for a loop hearing ODO knew HN was 14. I did not know he knew her age. So the reveal when ODO said that to HN at the Sook Hee's bar surprised me too. 

***Did he really think AJ would date and get a kid with someone that fast after leaving him? 

She is not a reckless woman. As we know even though she drank with RJ Sunbae, and he thought he had intimate relations due to his lack of clothing, looking back --it was a rainy day. She or she could have staff take off his clothes so he would not get sick. Or he could have gotten so drunk and puked all over himself. Just her wording in the note and we all know RJ is a bit OVERLY active imagination in the day dream department.

But I am glad that the clueless ODO finally was thinking of AJ saying "you are dead in my heart" and how HN was like he exists but why I have to treat my birth dad like he is "dead."  DING DING DING. But in true red herring fashion and preview hinted--she is NOT going to reveal the dad there in next episode. Seriously? I know we have 3 more weeks but still. At least as I said before we know ODO can rely on HJ to give him info IF AJ won't. Even HN was going to go to HJ for help. She has "loose lips" not in a bad way to hurt people but she just has a way about her. (Her role in the drama-prod some characters along with info and be support to AJ.)

@chatterbox22 Love the new BTS. Seeing them on the island and then SHJ posing with the partying noraebang singing RJ lol is funny. I enjoy these a lot.

@mel22 No worries. We are all in different parts of the world and united with our interest in this drama. Glad that thanks to NETFLIX and my pal and lunch time i got to see it. I just couldn't wait til 7pm after work and making dinner. Hope you got a good rest! Also I agree with your theory that DC mom was either wife /madam of a Triad leader too. 

@rita96 Thanks for your insight on the old story of AJ and ODO and his being too busy to acknowledge AJ. Also too is they are in both their first SERIOUS relationship. So being newbies and prob no real other friends to consult (all are fumbling their way through dating) etc.  So it is hard to KNOW what is right or wrong or how to communicate well.

@Annie12 Yes, I know some Korean. I don't recall which scene if you have a screenshot or something it would help. Otherwise I admit I am not going back into NETFLIX to find that scene out of the whole episode. Oh RJ as we are learning is not the brightest bulb in the bunch. He tends to be emotional, impulsive and very sensitive too. Def childish and so him not being smart to do a DNA test IS not out of character. I was expecting Jennifer Song to do what she did actually.

Frankly, the adult AJ is not as good as ODO in communicating. I was thinking AJ was going to tell ODO finally and then seeing AR she decided to stop. Then be immature and cave into her fears and preventing herself from having and ADULT/Mature chat with ODO. I was happy ODO WANTS to hear from AJ. He wants to know why she is upset/thinks the way she does. Frankly when he declared he never "cheated" to his mind he did not. but if he was drunk when AR kissed him/pounced on him, AJ did not see him (or watch further) to see if he pushed her away etc. Again one sided view, not to defend either is correct. But AJ was not helping closing her heart /ears./mind to ODO. It is easy to be defensive when being accused of wrong doing.  (FRUSTRATION galore with AJ.)

**I am liking that they have GOOD Cantonese (not butchered) when spoken in this drama. YESH recently and the person who said it for SJH--spot on.

@Annie12 Oh thanks for the screen shot.

Ok the writing on the (wrapper) to "to Ryu Jin" (very straight forward).

The book is about "Film" but since the later part (end) is covered not sure exactly but a "Film" related book.

(left 2 hangul) Film and next hangul (Studies) the I feel the next hangul---need to see the last one to make sense of the book title.  What i can gather from what I can tell.

Not sure if this is helpful to the story but I feel no big clues from this book gift I feel. But great eagle eyes on the detail. I hope this is helpful.

27 minutes ago, Nodame said:

The book is about "Film" but since the later part (end) is covered not sure exactly but a "Film" related book.

(left 2 hangul) Film and next hangul (Studies) the I feel the next hangul---need to see the last one to make sense of the book title.  What i can gather from what I can tell.

Not sure if this is helpful to the story but I feel no big blues from this book gift I feel. But great eagle eyes on the detail. I hope this is helpful.

Thanks!!!:D

So it was for RJ..  because in sone other discussion it was said that it was for AR...

So you are positive it was for his male friend.

Hmm.. why with a wrap though?? It was an important day for RJ and forgot another important date??

Ahhh!! What a mess!!

1 hour ago, Nodame said:

Not sure if this is helpful to the story but I feel no big clues from this book gift I feel. But great eagle eyes on the detail. I hope this is helpful.

Actually the writing on the wrapper says ‘Hyo Sim ae gye’ meaning ‘for Hyo Sim’ which is AR’s real name. Go Hyo Sim I think. And the title of the book is something to do about movies. 

11 minutes ago, efalong said:

Actually the writing on the wrapper says ‘Hyo Sim ae gye’ meaning ‘for Hyo Sim’ which is AR’s real name. Go Hyo Sim I think. And the title of the book is something to do about movies. 

hi!!!  do you also understand korean?

so two different opinions... i wish i could understand also, to give my insight.

but i think she wanted to get into fashion design!! according to a flashback in episode 8 

ohhh ODO why? why would you gift  a film studies book to her?  do you think that's why AR became an actress?

i really don't want a plot twist with  ODO ending up with AR.

@efalong Thanks! Ok thanks! I always find handwritten hangul  hard to read and the it looked like Ryu (then looking again closer to me) you are right the hangul on right is not (jin) but (Shim). 

I am glad you corrected me. I am not native Korean and def admit I have a ways to go as I like it for fun.

@Annie12 Sorry for that and glad that @efalong corrected my error.

No worries, glad I could help. I'm not a native Korean speaker too. Just taught myself Hangul for fun. 

If I had a boyfriend and him giving secret gifts to other girls, I would be annoyed too. So not cool. Why does it have to be such a secret if it's just a gift from a tutor?

Also, when RJ said to AJ and her mum about 'that rainy night' she was like 'It's not you'. I would expect her saying 'nothing happened'. But I think that's just the writers making it ambiguous if they really slept together. Tbh I don't think they did. She's too cool around him for two people who had a night stand.

Whoa. So he bought a present for Hyo Shim and forgot about the anniversary he and Ae Jung had together. Not cool Dae O, really not cool. And he didn't have time for Ae Jung but on the other hand he planned to give Hyo Shim this book. When Ae Jung was the one being passionate about movies and filmmaking. You can tell how excited she was when she thought that it was for her. Sure I know that Dae O probably didn't think about Hyo Shim in a romantic way but still. I can understand why Ae Jung felt miserable. But anyway Dae O didn't recognize A Rin as Hyo Shim. Whereas Ae Jung thought  that this girl who kissed Dae O 14 years ago resembled A Rin.  Seriously, people in this drama need to learn how to talk honestly with each other. Because this lack of communication is simply killing me

@Annie12 @rita96 Isn't miscommunication between men and women the rule rather than the exception? :P That's why they say "men are from mars and women from venus."  For some reason, we women expect our men to be able to read our minds and understand us even without saying a word. They're supposed to know! Just because. 

I  think AJ has that  stereotypical  female characteristic.  We all wish she could express her thoughts and feelings more clearly so that 14 years would not have been wasted.  And as in real life, we also wish ODO was more sensitive to AJ's needs. .... but glad they are equally flawed because otherwise we would not be having so much fun watching and having these exchanges.:lol:

Hi guys. I rather lost in the old timeline. Especially related to YW. When was YW close to NAJ? Was it the same time that NAJ in relationship with ODO? YW knew that NAJ was pregnant at that time also. 

Episode 10 is very interesting. I really want the revelation comes faster although we still have 6 episodes left. 

4 hours ago, mel22 said:

@Annie12 @rita96 Isn't miscommunication between men and women the rule rather than the exception? :P That's why they say "men are from mars and women from venus."  For some reason, we women expect our men to be able to read our minds and understand us even without saying a word. They're supposed to know! Just because. 

I  think AJ has that  stereotypical  female characteristic.  We all wish she could express her thoughts and feelings more clearly so that 14 years would not have been wasted.  And as in real life, we also wish ODO was more sensitive to AJ's needs. .... but glad they are equally flawed because otherwise we would not be having so much fun watching and having these exchanges.:lol:

Hahah yes true! Also lets not forget that whatever their flaws, they had a third person with them- RJ who probably exacerbated their misunderstanding by deleting whatever text she seemed to have sent once she cooled down a bit. So on one hand I really want to blame NAJ and ODO for the mess they are in, I still think it wans't their fault completely.

@tuffygarcia thanks for the video! excited to watch it more SHJ-SJH interactions!

And yesss, the fact that DO had a present for HyoShim on that very day was just such bad timing. I'm not sure how big celebrating 300 days of dating is like in Korea, but it seems DO didn't even realise what day it was that day. I couldn't blame AJ in that situation for starting to misinterpret, but I guess if we had no misunderstandings, there would be no show. 

New Swoon and as we know thankfully RJ is NOT HN dad as I expected.

(Edit) here it is now

Looking forward to this weeks episode and hearing more of ODO chatting with AJ. Hope ODO talks more to HN and DC finds out about his mom.

i wonder if PD will tell AJ to be careful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDr54ebnDd3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Apparently Was It Love has concluded its final episode filming. Above is the link to the commemorative pictures uploaded by one of the staff members. I find it cute that Hanee's dog is included in the pic. 

Spoiler

And...there seems to be a wedding! KPD is the only one with gloves. I hope he's the groom. And most importantly, I hope it is real wedding though, not Ryu Jin's wild imagination :happyshakes:

16 minutes ago, tuffygarcia said:

Apparently Was It Love has concluded its final episode filming. Above is the link to the commemorative pictures uploaded by one of the staff members. I find it cute that Hanee's dog is included in the pic. 

Reveal hidden contents

And...there seems to be a wedding! KPD is the only one with gloves. I hope he's the groom. And most importantly, I hope it is real wedding though, not Ryu Jin's wild imagination :happyshakes:

Speculation time!

Spoiler

Actually the first thing that popped in my mind, because AJ is wearing a hanbok too - is that the wedding is a time jump to the future! and it's HN & DC's wedding instead HAHA. So PD has the gloves as the groom's father!

But, that's just my imagination going wild :P

Archived