[Drama 2020] We were in Love, 우리 사랑했을까

0ly40

I took a quick look at the new episode and it looks  like when Ae Jung wanted to tell Dae O something  important, once again A Rin showed up. But I am  glad that this time Ae Jung gathered her courage and didn't walk away. I think that after this episode the story will unfold quicker.  @herina_90I really hope that it won't end with a  cliffhanger. I need answers writernim! 

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I used my lunch break to watch the latest episode as I could not wait.

Thanks for your views @herina_90 @chatterbox22 @Dev11O I agree I don't want it to be draggy like other dramas. Also I do notice the ending of episodes to "hook " you are annoying indeed.

Just going to write quickly about the episode here:

-So the KISS was definitely a red herring (instead of my guess they would not kiss due to the others arrival) but more she pushed ODO. I agree with him when she noticed he bled she was very concerned. For someone who pushed him to get that scratch, she is too nice to him with the injury. Plus to start the episode of her recounting WHY and HOW she liked his passion, quirky methods of chasing her and her reopening her heart, she was scared about kissing him to push him away. Then say she wants peace and not to be bothered and just make this  movie a hit. ODO is DEF not wrong to misread her interest or her attempts to push him away. AJ had to admit she was def aware of him and concerned.

Glad AJ def told RJ that she did not want more than what they have now. Just be colleagues and have kind memories as a trio on college. He was upset and alluding to liking her and she was not happy to deal with jealous eyes aimed at her when she hung out with him pre ODO joining them to form a trio. (So even if they dated it would not have been a comfortable CC  situation with RJ-the hottest heartthrob on campus. )  Glad she firmly rejected him. Plus RJ told ODO he doesn't want to be go there to talk to him either about AJ. Oh these guys regrets and being friends with love rivals. Sigh.

The island to secure the site was filler just to see all the suitors. It was funny to see PD be really expert with his knife with the fish gorgeous sashimi and fruit carvings. Interesting he shared with YW that he  is reminded of someone he couldn't protect due to AJ and that he was jealous of the others for having a history/knowing AJ. Awww. Having a history is NOT helping their chances except for ODO. Though AJ vehemently is fighting the pull/allure of ODO, he is still going to her. But towards then end, I appreciated he confessed he was having a HARD time keeping it up to do that to her. She felt something was missing when ODO was all business. (He was so sweet and attentive and he is doing what she asked but HJ and especially AJ felt it. The look of loss when she offered him coffee and he passed. No smiles or expressions or looking at her, as she did request for just biz relationship.

Sweet AJ mom, missed her but her wrongly thinking AJ and YW were on a date/or being intimate. Nope nope nope. Does she not know her daughter? But sweet she likes YW, who wouldn't? He is sweet, handsome, kind and considerate. Hard to dislike him too!

DC showing HN his home and her not realizing he is from wealth or that DC when to PD man cave and saw that AJ's mom looks like his mom. (Does he really think she is his mom? I am sure he wouldn't mind.) Also I KNEW it, he would offer his allowance he doesn't touch to HN. Then later when they got to the office , they bump into ODO. Love how ODO senses DC being gloomy and liking HN who is clueless.  ODO wants to tease her and also he refuses to give her the INFO she needs to know--why won't he tell her they dated. Is he wanting to slowly get to know HN on his own. I guess he is not knowing she is 14 yrs old and needs to put two and two together.  But cute he wanted to feed her before sending her home (he know giving her money won't slide) Cute how HN is like, this ajusshi is useless to help me figure out who my dad is journey. How would ODO know that HN doesn't know her real birth dad.

HY smartly telling AJ that ODO is working so hard and acts like a person possessed by work only and that is it. Glad ODO told AJ he is trying his best to hold back but he is having a hard time (in the office) . Prior at the island, he interfered with her and RJ. He would not know of RJ rejection but after he interrupted she just reiterated wanting space and not to deal with non BIZ interactions. Def the line was drawn for sure. I loved that ODO noticed she did not EAT a bite and wanted her to eat something. Though the others like her, they were helping with the villagers but ODO was worried of her well being and not eating.

Seeing YW split the  fire wood  and have AJ give ODO with the hand injury the hardest task.Yes she was being a bit petty. 

The Island Foreman milking what he could -labor, using RJ popularity etc to secure the island's approval to film there for their film. I cannot blame him though.

I disliked her way of saying no to ODO (as we still don't have clear picture why she rejected him) but he knows her heart hurt. We know her heart moved a bit when ODO confessed he will ignore his pain to help lessen hers if given a chance. I think that prompted her to WANT To tell him. I am glad she was listless and Sook Hee told her what she needed to hear. I was surprised to see AJ waiting at ODO office/home (?) acting all girlfriend /possessive. I am glad AJ refused her answer and pushed back--I need to talk to him tonight.

Tomorrow I hope  bit more movement.

Side stories on mad Jennifer Song at RY place and the lying manager to her. Or that YW mom was watching over AJ place and saw YW return and even tie HN shoe laces.  Makes sense next episode we hear YW saying if he was given the chance/opportunity he would gladly want to be HN dad. Wow we knew that though. Does mom feign illness again to get YW to the hospital, so this the chance he tells her his feelings about AJ and the lengths he will go to be with her. (He is already doing alot denying his mom's business, work and just being a teacher.)

So RJ parts ways with Jennifer Song (she is that upset) or is it RY leaving (I cannot see him leaving his BIGGEST fan and entertainment that launched him). He won't get the same treatment from others.  He did give good fan service at the island. 

AR throws in her card of wanting to confess to ODO. We know to ODO it is only AJ. Even when AJ fell inadvertently pushed off by AJ-ODO was all about her.  AJ was worried about AR.  So will AJ hesitate and stop her tracks from telling ODO. (I would not be surprised with 7 more episodes left to fill.) Just don't overly drag the plot lines. Please please!

@Annie12 I do think that it's a hint. Let's see when Dae O will finally connect the dots. Can someone tell him how old this child is? XD I believe he can do the math here LOL 

Aish, Ae Jung shouldn't have walked away 14 years ago. She should have confronted Dae O and A Rin back then. But anyway, I am happy that she decided to take matters into her own hands. The plot is moving, definitely slowly, but still.  At least Ae Jung admitted to herself that she still loves Dae O. There is going to be a lot of angst in the upcoming episodes. Ae Jung confronting Dae O, A Rin telling Dae O she loved him, Ha Nee thinking Ryu Jin is her dad, Dong Chan thinking Ae Jung is his mom, Ae Jung finding out that Dae O didn't cheat on her, Ryu Jin jumping to conclusions, Dae O thinking that Ae Jung cheated on him, Ae Jung telling Dae O that he is Ha Nee's dad and she didn't cheat on him, Dae O being mad. A storm is coming, that's for sure. I seriously need a few happy episodes, chaebal writernimmmmmm. How about some fluffy and happy stuff, ha? 

2 hours ago, Annie12 said:

In the first episode they said that they would treat HN's dad as dead.

In this episode AJ told ODO that ever since they split up he considers him as dead.

Hmmm is that a hint?:blink:

I definitely thought the same!

Oh this episode left me with so much anxiety, I did not enjoy it at all... I don't know, it just seem there's only so much angst and screw ups between them that I can take :bawling: 

There was something else though, when AJ was talking so Soo-kee (or however her name was, the badass bar chick) somehow I was left with a feeling that HN wasn't ODO's daughter, I guess I might have misunderstood it, but it just made me feel like things aren't as clear as I thought. Anyway, the ending just pushed me to the edge, but I absolutely loved how AJ grabbed the door and didn't just tucked her tail between her legs and run away like I expected her to do the moment I saw that AR is opening the door. However the preview for the next episode doesn't give me much hope :persevere: 

I DO enjoy this drama and I feel for the characters but pleeeeease my poor heart can only take so much, I need a bit more warmth and a ray of hope that things between AJ and ODO are finally going in the right direction! Oh and I'm dying to know what the hell happened 14 years ago! This is torture...

Ohhh its been so long since ive logged in probably 3 years... so hello and annyeonghasaeyo to all...

... wanted to join in the discussion.

I am pretty sure ODO is dad, and AJ ran away because of something she saw yet never confirmed. Which is understandable since they were young and the circumstances probably was more than they have showed it to be at this time. 

But All things considered, I am getting irritated at AJ for still trying to keep the secret on who the dad is. Its cruel to the ODO but more so for her daughter.

AJ has been an admirable and awesome mom but for HN, She badly wants and needs to know who her dad is. But despite wanting to know, HN rather than ask her mom directly, opted not voiced it out and try to find out on her own showing how sensitive and considerate she is to her mom. Shows how good HN was brought up by AJ. And how heartbreakingly mature she is.

But still....

I feel for HN so much. My heart was crushed during that scene at school with the bullying.

Given I did fist pumped when AJ said she was "mom and dad" to her child, and that HN got full love not just half the love like what those other obnoxious parents suggested. but i so feel for HN trying to be brave yet seeing how hurt she was when her having no dad was mentioned. 

But its not just about getting loved by a dad that is the issue for. Its also about HN whole identity, which is majorly the case with orphans or single parent household.

Lastly, i can see that HN also needs and wishes a dad who would be superman to come a blazing saying 'dad is here. I will protect you and your mom no matter what'. 

It was that scene when RJ came to rescue her and her mom from those other rampaging parents, that it became obvious she needed and wanted a dad to be there. My heart broke a little at that scene. She so badly wanted that superman/prince charming moment with her dad. 

I like ODO and NAJ together, but if they dont do get together (or soon), then at least have HN meet/know her dad soonest

I want AJ to fess up to HN who her dad is. HN needs it, and she deserves to know. AJ needs to do right by HN.

Is no one gonna talk about the part where AJ said to herself “it’s either dying or leaving?” I’m so confused by that. What does that mean?!

Did she mean that her life was in danger and she had to choose to either stay and endanger her life further, or escape/relocate (i.e. hence leaving ODO)?

I’m just thinking if it has anything to do with that video of “her” in cheongsam. Maybe that woman was really her and she was impersonating DC’s mom(?) and then got stuck in some weird and dangerous situation so had to flee? And all these somehow had to do with ODO so she chose to flee and hate him for life for what happened. 

im filling the blanks with all these random thoughts. Writer nim please, we are so done with all the extras, time to progress with the storyline!

Like @Brennster, Ep. 9 left me quite dissatisfied. It was really just a filler episode, an excuse to put all five of them in one place. 

Nevertheless,  I still  found myself smiling over HN and CD's interactions, plus YW and AJ mom's scene.  And I really felt sad when AJ turned down YW.  He's really very loveable and the most harmless among all 4 men.   Visually, I'd prefer AJ to be with one of the taller men.  I know it's kinda shallow of me but hey, it's  k-drama. :D

AJ's appearance at ODO's apartment was unexpected. It was a surprise and also when she sort of stood her ground to AR.  

Hope Ep. 10 will be much more interesting. 

Welcome to all the new peeps to the forum!

@Kasterification I do agree that AJ was extreme in saying leave or die. I wonder if for dramatic effect. She didn’t finish school after getting pregnant (?).  Guessing a way of expression as death seemed to be used a lot。 Such as the commonly used ‘do you want to die?’ But just my guess as I know in Chinese we use it alot too. 

@czakhareina wow welcome back, I myself started posting after 6 years as well in May.

16 hours ago, Dev11O said:

I think OD should stop pursuing her... Let her do what she wants ...This show is way too slow and kinda getting boring now. Like others said if AJ doesn't have a good reason for leaving him then it's too cruel to OD.

God I agree- the last 3 episodes have been quite a drag. Except for some occasional scenes between HN and ODO and HN and DC- I find the rest quite boring. The premise of the show is sooo good, the actors are incredible but the writing feels generic and worn out. They haven't even started shooting their movie yet. One can only hope that the coming episodes will pick up speed- even if they don't want to reveal the truth now, with so many characters there are still so many ways the story can proceed interestingly.

Nevertheless will still keep watching- largely because I desperately need HN to get some closure and if possible to experience a father-daughter bond. Especially if the father is ODO- I think their interactions are too cool. Similarly, would love to see some progress on DC and PD's relationship.

That line about leaving or dying... Well, let's hope that today we will see what was that about. True, it sounds dramatic but I do believe that's how Ae Jung felt back then. She was pregnat and lonely.  She thought Dae O cheated on her, Ryu Jin didn't act as her real friend when she really needed him to, Yeon Woo was just her friend and a young boy so she didn't want to burden him. However we need to see what happened from her perspective so that we can feel what she felt. Because for now I can understand that viewers are as frustrated as Dae O is. We can only assume what happened. 

7 hours ago, mel22 said:

Like @Brennster, Ep. 9 left me quite dissatisfied. It was really just a filler episode, an excuse to put all five of them in one place. 

Yeah!! It was a filler episode. But then again i feel that the last 3-4 episodes are like that.

And all have the same question by ODO to AJ, "why did you leave me"? agai with no answer.

WHY did you leave him AJ.? As viewers we demand to know.:P

Honestly i am tired but i need to know who the father is, if any.

Also to see AJ to turn down each possible suitors. (Except ODO)

Song from the OST 

Did We Really Love 정말 사랑했을까 - Maktub & Lee Raon | Was It Love

Preview ep 11 is out

My usual clumsy attempt to translate  for ep 11 preview (Just got into work and settling in). Seems like ODO knows (or at least is UPSET for HN not knowing all along) who is the father for HN (?) and RJ admits his role in ODO and AJ (not talking/getting back together at that time 14 yrs ago?) Feel bad for HN for going for revenge on her dad, she doesn't know the whole story. She is smart but what IF her birth dad did not know of her existence? (He cannot be blamed for not knowing. Aww)

AJ-The father of the child -it doesn't matter

YW: HN, Do you miss your father?

HN: If I meet my father, I will plot revenge.

ODO: Because of you and due to your choice/decision, HN who doesn't know 

PD person: Boss,  I have something to show you

AR: I still haven't started yet it is only a matter of time I can make that person mine 

Jennifer Song: Hold my hand, I will be able to make you forget all that happened for you

RJ: I liked you, that time  I let you go, xxxx (?) I liked  you xx (?)

I need subs for Ep 10! Watched only raw BUT I think we got some answers even if it was not explicitly spelt out. And preview is hinting that RJ definitely had a hand in making things worse than they actually were. I just want the happy ending already LOL.

And BTS to make us happy!

@chatterbox22 & @herina_90 Thanks for the BTS. I want to see the next episode.

But based on watching the BTS

SJH winning over Rock Paper Scissors was cool.

-hmmmm AJ is happy to see ODO working and wondering when they will eat. But ODO is furiously and serious about working but ignoring AJ. When AJ sees something (while doing something) he gets touchy and tells her why is she touching something she shouldn't be? (It does look suspicious I must admit.)

-The BTS of their NEAR kiss at the island is cute. They are so awkward and both at various times laughing/grinning (when they are so close to each other and barely touching lips). So even filming we don't see their lips touching we do see slight touch here in this BTS.

I have been going through Son Ho Jun withdrawal on weekends I recently watched 2 of his old reality shows to see him more. He does have a charm indeed and good heart/friendships. I did love him in "Go Back Couple" / "Confession Couple"   with Jang Nara. Other than him in "Reply 1994" my first encounter with him and the funky do, he has been more the annoying at times, cross guy a bit. He plays it well and is very handsome (I like he is more tanned and has holds his own with the taller actors and counterparts. )

@Brennster I agree I love Son Ho Jun too. LOL edit --I got the name wrong. In Korean it is Confession Couple

고백부부 

22 minutes ago, Nodame said:

@chatterbox22 & @herina_90 Thanks for the BTS. I want to see the next episode.

But based on watching the BTS

SJH winning over Rock Paper Scissors was cool.

-hmmmm AJ is happy to see ODO working and wondering when they will eat. But ODO is furiously and serious about working but ignoring AJ. When AJ sees something (while doing something) he gets touchy and tells her why is she touching something she shouldn't be? (It does look suspicious I must admit.)

-The BTS of their NEAR kiss at the island is cute. They are so awkward and both at various times laughing/grinning (when they are so close to each other and barely touching lips). So even filming we don't see their lips touching we do see slight touch here in this BTS.

I have been going through Son Ho Jun withdrawal on weekends I recently watched 2 of his old reality shows to see him more. He does have a charm indeed and good heart/friendships. I did love him in "Come Back Couple" a ton with Jang Nara. Other than him in "Reply 1994" my first encounter with him and the funky do, he has been more the annoying at times, cross guy a bit. He plays it well and is very handsome (I like he is more tanned and has holds his own with the taller actors and counterparts. 

I first saw SHJ in Reply 1994 and really liked his character :) then a friend of mine recommended The Go Back Couple (Come back couple?) and absolutely loved him there, not to mention how much I loved the drama! It's forever in my top list :wub:

So naturally when I saw him in this one I immediately put it in my to watch list :D

@mel22 Spoilers please! For those of us who CANNOT watch it and I am at work. We are ok with recaps!  i figured that ep 10 would have more "meatier" plot line movement (hopefully) based on ep 11 previews anyways.

So SPOIL away. We don't have any dedicated recappers here so PLEASE share away.

Archived