[Drama 2020] We were in Love, 우리 사랑했을까

0ly40

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished...

I have to say that i expected something more for the final episode.

A real reunion of ODO and AJ maybe, starting to live together, HN finally calling him dad. And definitely not the two years gap. One year would be enough.

Also KPD starting to go on dates with Sook Kee.

Overall it started really promising but in the process i  think they did not exactly figured it out.

Hello Everyone.

Finally caught the finale last night with ep 16.

I echo @Annie12 What type of lack of reunion?! AJ is heartbroken crying to mom and ODO leaves her to write (though he is probably right with the netizens and critics censure) but they shouldn't be in the way of your being NEARBY for each other. I was touched AJ mom making food for ODO.  Yup KPD and Sook Hee only having her give looks to him at the party---WHAT?! That was a waste. 

Thoughts

-Overall love the actors but the plot was a bit BETTER than the "Men is Men"  "To All the Men Who Loved Me" That just ended too. Both have good actors but dang the plots and were messed up by writer nim. Both have strong women one a single mom Noh AeJeong and strong single female not wanting to get married (partly due to past lives heart aches).  Both had promising starts and more than 1 man interested in them. NAJ got 4 and HJ got 2. Both gave unsatisfying endings. While not the WORST I saw but def not ones I would recommend to others. Redeeming factors --- AJ mom and HN and Dong Chan, Charismatic PD, sweet Yeon Woo (got annoyed by Ryu Jin (redeemed himself defending AR in ep 16), Hyejin same with the other drama the FL amazingly funny parents, her tribe of supportive friends and DG (her childhood family lil brother friend /love interest who harbored one sided crush on her). 

-Love Song Ji Hyo and Son Ho Jun and they were cute when they did have the scenes to show their chemistry.

Just not too much and poor ODO had to apologize way too much than I wish he had to.  I loved his scenes with HN initially with the bickering at the hospital, trying to give her money and then later when she told him you have a chance to be her husband only. LIked how he went in and ran to rescue HN from the buring building or pushing her away from being hit by a car. She cared of course for ODO and loved how her mom looked happy with him. She knew despite all the gossip and rumors she felt ODO sincerity and that WOULD not have abandoned her and her mom if he KNEW about her.  I liked the gift he gave her (the shoes but the very thoughtful album with her mom walking down memory lane and taking pics and reliving their memories. ) Such a sweet and thoughtful gesture! His holding the crazy heavy umbrella, going next to her at MT group photo and grabbing her hand. When things were good he was good. But when they went south he retreated from her and did not communicate his difficulties with family and when he withdrew from school (big decision) he did not tell her. (Did not blame AJ for being hurt.) ODO I give credit is a better communicator than AJ (other than his family situation aside) when he wants something he goes for it. I appreciated it. 

Yeon Woo having a better relationship with mom (no love interest?) but the fierce CEO wanting to learn from AJ mom to cook for him was sweet. She is miss type A power /career woman. To show her soft side and realizing she NEVER did try to develop a relationship with her son now is better than  never. Doing it through the stomach is nice. He was always sweet to AJ and being there for her when she was despair after arguing with her mom about KEEPING HN and not aborting her. When AJ was there for him with his knee injury--understood his loyalty to AJ. Both were there consoling each other at their darkest hours. He got loving attention and warmth being with AJ and her family. i cannot blame him for not wanting to be with his mom who was not there and he became who he is despite his family background.

RJ---he was definitely not my idea of a great guy. Yeah he may have been handsome but is personality and some actions he did were deplorable. HIs deleting AJ text (not knowing the weight of the repurcussions of that action and guilt) that AJ was pregnant and even when he later tries to be with her--it doesn't work. She may have been initially attracted to him, ODO stopped it with his confession/actions at the MT using her shoes when he puked. AJ even said when ODO was part of their friendship, she stopped getting dirty looks and felt more comfortable basking in ODO love.  Then to find why he and AR are not getting along---omg very embarrassing indeed! YIKES!  He is not entirely evil just misguided and clueless and when he thought he was HN dad and later remembered flashback he was drunk and he DID not sleep with Aj as he made a mess of himself. (Common trope) Oh the embarrassment. He is constantly embarrassed and all about image. Tried to redeem him with HN being shown the parents did love each other. Then ep 16 his defending AR (which I think was a classy move) and his telling Jennifer Song sorry but never going to back to her and thanking her for introducing him into the industry but she is not a life long partner (SOOOO true). 

PD pulled off those sexy fight scenes, walking into the parent teacher group meeting (he commands a room) or with the bully and cronies with DC and HN for lunch (and while cutting steak) words are hurtful (despite he said being shot at, knifed and dealing with an ax. (Talk about intimidation!). His lifelong devotion to DC for keeping his promise to her mom. Protecting him and even dealing with false gossip to get the truth out and not wanting DC to have trauma. Their scenes after ep 12 when DC realized the sacrifice and that PD is not his birth dad but he IS his family raising him. His coming in to help him while he is injured --wondering why PD did not ask for ihs help. Awww. His tearing up at the wedding and then his apologizing to AJ in the hospital (did SH ever tell her?). 

AJ---love her overall but the moments she was denying ODO the truth when she could have told him or HN the truth of her parentage. It takes ODO nearly dying for her to let go and allow him back into her heart (after being in denial). But no denying her love of her mom and HN. But poor HN knew that talking about her lack of dad would sadden her but DID Not lessen the need for her to find out about her dad.

SHe kept her dream to be a movie producer and be happy with her family. Even with crazy obstacls with trusty Hye Jin by her side she perservered even with CEO Hwang's debt (tricking her). Then later taking her funds to gamble in ep 15. Ugggh.

HN and DC are cut. His crush on her and HN being a BOSS when she threw the milk at the bully (first time they met). When DC thought they were related, he stayed away and poor HN was saddened to lose a partner in crime and real friend. Their reconciliation and his admitting he thought they were related and even HN agreed his mom looks like AJ.  I did think it was cute how PD told DC --timing is key. So when DC took a leaf from ODO book of getting the  gal's attention--his is burping (less messy). LOL. Glad they get together and marry.

(They are getting married young) how many years after the movie was made and him back after 2 yrs wtih the book?

THose kids were young and not that mature. Early marriage?!

I did feel unsatisfied not to have a full reunion of ODO and AJ.

Bye everyone and thanks for being in this journey and see you in another forum! Sorry if I missed you in this list!

@Samuel Yohanes

@herina_90 @Dramageek  @slpamngtrs  @Brennster  @Dev11O @Mawill150322 @czakhareina @Kvothe @Msgreentea  @mel22 @chatterbox22 @marrez1  @0ly40  @partyon  @10192123sangre 

@antonio8909  @mundaliv @tuffygarcia @ilovenico  @efalong  @rita96  @xchoco lilac @kysy

@kyutrogue @Annie12 @holyfea @fragglerock  @atch ytagyn @dulceres @grrly @tarjig @mizv

@Kasterification  @strongtower  @naori87 @mademoisellesia @thingskateknows  @Alice Wonderland  @sexybench @Josh Marquez  @mizv @backstreetboysfan  @jma030201  @aley.na @triplem  @mouse007  @iamnowhereforyou  @phikyl  @sadthe1st  @Shorti Inji  @Rainydays @jannedrumsit  @ErikaJ  @thistle @corey @rita96   @L haha  @SimbiAni  @airgelaal @whiteclover  @kmsl  @Hannahmiriam  @hibiscus23  @mary-ann  @brooksmom @hojunnie  @Helena  @samzi85  @Fabbo  @Morpheus

11 hours ago, Annie12 said:

Finished...

I have to say that i expected something more for the final episode.

A real reunion of ODO and AJ maybe, starting to live together, HN finally calling him dad. And definitely not the two years gap. One year would be enough.

Also KPD starting to go on dates with Sook Kee.

Overall it started really promising but in the process i  think they did not exactly figured it out.

agree with you...  expected more. 

and in the final wedding scene.  none of the 4 male leads aged and why did they dress like they are the stars of the wedding?

Archived