[Drama 2023] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (Season 3), 낭만닥터 김사부 시즌3

0ly40

IMO, it shows that President Park has a conscience from the way he accused Dr Kim of looking down on him because he ran away from the bus accident site 11 years ago. Unlike that rhino-skinned Dr Deo who has neither shame nor redeemable qualities.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2020 at 6:43 PM, millicom said:

I actually think that Dr. Shim is not so bad.  She's not a surgeon so between 2 opposing views she did the right thing by calling on Dr. Kim to resolve the issue.  Her seniority is obvious that Dr. Yang could not stop her when she called Dr. Kim.  Also, she was the one who told Dr. Yang that his insecurity is showing and the one who called him out for not paying for his coffee.  Her demeanor just leaves a lot to be desired.

Dr Shim is a realist.An exact opposite of our romantic doctor. A table death will also ruin the reputation of the anaesthesiologist....(if we remembered the past of the other anaesthesiologist in Season1). But I was pleasantly surprised that she called Surgeon Kim to intervene, not President Park.Does she have the right anyway?

Those of you who have worked in the OT can give an insight. Can anaesthesiologist over-ride a surgeon's authority in the OT? I thot they are on par.

• Like 3

It's a team thing it's not a situation where the surgeon is in charge of the OR. Master Kim is technically the Chief of surgery. Prof Shim is a Prof. That Dr Yang- what is his rank? They call him sunbae but she is his sunbae.

I guess generally it won't deteriorate to a turf war in real life. But this is a drama. Override? The patient's life is the priority and everyone will be responsible if it's found out they didn't deal with the emergency. Although technically Dr Yang should have the surgical skills to deal with it.

Does she have the right?  Anyone can tell the senior Dr that the OR in trouble. Whether the person dares to is another issue. The guy would die of massive sepsis if the leak is not sorted anyway and it won't be written off as unexpected post op issues. 

I am going back to ep 10 again later. Already watched it.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2020 at 5:05 PM, dzareth said:

@chubbyzmae, having YSJ and YAR related is so American soap opera style...lol. Maybe DIB is one of her earlier crushes?

I still have bad feeling about YAR...

Hide contents

We may not see the last of the rapist. He might return but people won't immediately recognise him as he has been disfigured due to the boiling water. And wanting revenge. It gave me chills when the rapist asked her name....

OMG i have same feelings with you especially when the rapist seems say "i am watching you" to YAR from inside car.

I don't know about the season 1 plot, but did we have any crime scene which include the doctor like this season?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, chubbyzmae said:

OMG i have same feelings with you especially when the rapist seems say "i am watching you" to YAR from inside car.

I don't know about the season 1 plot, but did we have any crime scene which include the doctor like this season?

In season 1, dr Yoon (not Areum, but the other one) was held hostage by a man who attemptrd murder on the patient currently being operated on.

• Like 4

@stroppyse thank you. I will go back and change/tweak. The " open " made me laugh. I thought I heard English. I am going for a hearing check after this drama.

01:00:19 and 01:00:50

It was at 01: 00:19 that means 1 hr mark 19 sec. The section where they were cutting down towards the iliac fossa but I didn't like the translation I did. The wording. Then when they started hanging the perfusate but didn't call it that.  Just that the viki video timing is not the same as the streaming site timing. Sorry for not making it clearer.

Just for completeness sake if you don't mind please. Thanks again. I do feel that viewers who come in late will get the best and most accurate subbing. Sorry, I still cannot believe how bad the subs were for Boys over flowers when I watched my first Kdrama. Never knew there were Kdramas you see. And I remember thinking " Man the subs are bad." Subbing has evolved a long way since. Like the war of prosecutors has an attorney who subs so most of the legal dramas she's on- the subs are very good.

It makes so much more sense now that you've worded it like this. I am on episode 10 now and been stuck on some lines. 

War of prosecutors and romantic Dr Kim has been 2 surprisingly well written. It's not meant as an insult but more that it's been consistent. Dr Kim has been flashier since it's a medical drama but it's been tense. I usually end up feeling awake after the episodes. It's not been very relaxing. 

I think filming in sub-zero temperature for ep 10 must have been hard. It was a night scene and it is in winter and in the dark. The poor actors and crew. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bromance... may it be a start of a beautiful friendship and partnership in Doldam

Maybe Dr Park will operate KSB arm and take on KSB role as head of GS while he recovers. Looking at the preview it seems that the Chairman wants to fire a staff member in Doldam and it could be KSB. I hope DrPark will stop this. 

The full making vid of the kiss scene and the bus accident. 

• Like 6

Thank you so much @stroppyse Well they say Kdrama unites the world. Hahaha since I just recruited a Norwegian hospital staff who's double checking from the beginning and I just had to Google what's a free flap. The writer did literally use " free flap" on screen. And I ended up reading about an intimal layer. And Type A and B aortic dissection.

This drama. No wonder I have no time to ship the OTP. Too busy trying to work out what they are saying. I am more concerned with focusing on SYJ's mouth and what is he saying. Since he has a slight lisp and trying to get used to his way of pronouncing English medical words. I have given up on the other ER doc. My Korean is not good enough for Korean medical dramas.

• Like 5

I know our leads love is developing slow but it's still so sweet...cant wait to see these scenes. 

0004162642_001_20200209093508691.jpg?typ

cr Naver

Something is wrong.... EC looks upset and needs a hug

EQUBZxbUYAAQl3e?format=jpg&name=small

more enlarged pics in spoiler

Spoiler

EQUBbLEU8AcF56h?format=jpg&name=small

EQUBckUU8AAIKW9?format=jpg&name=small

EQT-kMjXkAEswKs?format=jpg&name=small

EQT-kMdWoAEKR4v?format=jpg&name=small

EQUBbXcU8AIax8w?format=jpg&name=small

more stills of where ep 10 left me hanging.

2020021000639_0.jpg

cr. Chosun News

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

Please tell me if Dr. Kim will have a love interest.  He's romantic right?

In S1 had a very special cameo (actress Kim Hye Soo)  whom was KSB love interest. But it didnt eventuate as like him they dedicate their lives to saving lives instead. I think Dr Kim being described as romantic has a different meaning especially in terms of the love department. :lol:

Spoiler

The SBS Daesang awards will be a tough call lol!

Preview ep 11

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kasmic said:

In S1 had a very special cameo (actress Kim Hye Soo)  whom was KSB love interest. But it didnt eventuate as like him they dedicate their lives to saving lives instead. I think Dr Kim being described as romantic has a different meaning especially in terms of the love department. :lol:

Hide contents

The SBS Daesang awards will be a tough call lol!

Many thanks, mate.  I have to watch that bit from S1 then.  Please do tell me which ep it is that actress KHS had the cameo because I'm her fan and totally ship them. :D

As far as I'm concerned, Dr. Kim is the sexiest stud out of the bunch so I like to see his love story and if it's a bit awkward or clumsy, that would be all the more interesting. ;)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks!
  • Like 3

I think when they call Kim SaBu “romantic”, it’s not really in reference to romance as in the man-woman courtship.  It’s more a reference to him being the romantic ideal of what a doctor is and should be in real life.  That romanticized “perfect” doctor that everybody wants to aspire to be and one whom patients wish their doctor was.  That’s why he “mentors” young doctors who aspire to be like him.  That’s also why he has old nostalgic music permeating his office during his down time.  It is reminiscent of a bygone era where life was slower, values were clearer and decisions “simpler”.

@Shinobu I don’t think she appears till right at the end episodes... she comes in like a blast from his past and then disappears just as quickly.  She came to pay a visit and ask for a favour of Master Kim and had the whole hospital rumour mill working overtime with whispers. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

@sadthe1st I can just imagine Nurse Oh calling out "Mr Koo!!" for help lol!:joy:

@Shinobu yep she def appeared in the last ep 20 plus the special episode. Like @nrllee said her appearance sparked so much gossip in the hospital lol! But it was good to see her in action. Her cameo wasnt that brief as she appeared throughout the special ep. 

ba9ee8e4138eb90d512962f051188e5a.jpg

More IG updates..tune in for ep 11 tonight peeps

Spoiler

or more on SBS 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Venting about the romance in the shows I am watching so far... In Game towards Zero, the OTP moves at lightning speed but too fast until we don’t feel the buildup. On the other hand, in this one, the OTP moves at such a snail pace until I feel frustrated. The OTP in Crash Landing is technically perfect in pacing but I find myself FF-ing their scenes (I live for the secondary characters in that show!) Arghh! So frustrating!

Ok, done with venting. But in truth, out of these dramas, I look forward to Dr Kim 2 the most ;) I also like this OTP the most. I just wished they will progress faster, or show us more of the cute college flashbacks 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

I think when they call Kim SaBu “romantic”, it’s not really in reference to romance as in the man-woman courtship.  It’s more a reference to him being the romantic ideal of what a doctor is and should be in real life.  That romanticized “perfect” doctor that everybody wants to aspire to be and one whom patients wish their doctor was.  That’s why he “mentors” young doctors who aspire to be like him.  That’s also why he has old nostalgic music permeating his office during his down time.  It is reminiscent of a bygone era where life was slower, values were clearer and decisions “simpler”.

@Shinobu I don’t think she appears till right at the end episodes... she comes in like a blast from his past and then disappears just as quickly.  She came to pay a visit and ask for a favour of Master Kim and had the whole hospital rumour mill working overtime with whispers. :lol:

Yeah, it was well explained in the first season that "romantic" here refers to romanticism or romantic view of life.

I read an article saying that Han Suk Kyu even inspired the selection of some of the old songs used in the dramas ( such as Hey Jude, Material Girl in Season 1 or Knocking on heaven's door, Desperado in this season) as according to Dir Yoo, the actor brought back memories of the day gone by.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Some updates

More of the making video including scenes of the bus accident, KSB abbs(his so fit lol!),  Dr Yoon and Euntak's encounter of the rapist, Dr Cha operation with KSB and did I say KSB abbs?? :P

“Dr. Romantic 2” Previews Intense Situations In Upcoming Episode

Feb 10, 2020
by D. Kim

New stills have been revealed ahead of the next episode of “Dr. Romantic 2.”

In the new images, Seo Woo Jin (Ahn Hyo Seop) is running towards the emergency room with an unconscious Doctor Kim (Han Suk Kyu) on his back. Bae Moon Jung (Shin Dong Wook) and Jang Ki Tae (Im Won Hee) appear concerned as they run alongside him, and Oh Myung Shim (Jin Kyung) seems to be in a state of shock.

Spoiler

dr-romantic.jpg

This particular scene was filmed on set in Yongin in January. The scene required strong teamwork for from the actors, and they prepared thoroughly by checking and practicing the timing of their actions several times. Han Suk Kyu also showed continuous encouragement for Ahn Hyo Seop who had to run while carrying him on his back.

Another set of images shows a tense encounter between Jang Ki Tae and Oh Myung Shim, a divorced couple, as they are leaving work for the day. Jang Ki Tae is speaking with dramatic facial expressions and gestures, while Oh Myung Shim looks at him with an expression that is harder to read.

jin-kyung-im-won-hee.jpg

The production company commented, “Jin Kyung and Im Won Hee are high quality actors who do not miss out on every small detail and perfectly portray each scene through their lines and gestures,” and asked viewers to anticipate how their relationship will progress through future episodes.

Episode 11 of “Dr. Romantic 2” will air on February 10 at 9:40 p.m. KST.

Credit. Soompi 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1