Quantcast
0ly40

[Upcoming Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2 - Lee Joon Hyuk, Cho Seung Woo & Yoon Se Ah

@AC95 Yes! The show excelled in characterization! Each stranger is driven by something unique, and their eventual collisions made for epic tension!

On 12/23/2019 at 5:51 AM, AC95 said:

It took a hyper-objective character like Shi-mok to tear down that illusion

Food for thought. We accept that it forms a pillar in a just and modern society, but I would argue that justice is also an illusion! :sweatingbullets: What remedies exist for those whom justice has failed? 

I enjoyed shimok's scene with eunsoo's dad, where they deliberated on the meaning of justice. The latter squarely explained that justice to him meant his family being safe. How can we argue with that? Justice exists to serve people, not the other way round. It's a catch22- who cares about being right if you're dead? 

Why is it admirable to stake life in the name of justice? Is the pursuit of personal justice any less noble? How far can we bend the law before being labelled a monster?

I wonder how sf2 will continue to play with these themes :)

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Hmm...saw some tweets saying Script reading happening today?  It has begun... :)

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

@Xocopie88 @nrllee Jeon Hyejin was so goood in Misty!  That’s a +++ for this drama.  I think she alternates her work schedule with hubby Lee Sun Kyun to take care of her 2 kids.  He’s currently shooting his drama so a little surprise to see her working but then again SF2 is preproduced.  It may work around her needs.  She didn’t work for a while when her children were little, good to see her busy again.  Like a good spouse, LSK mentioned before his wife is one of the best actresses that he knows, even a better thespian than him.  :D

I am rewatching SF1.  There’s a conversation between SM and YJ right after she discovered victim’s blood on the railing outside the house, indicating the cable man is not the killer since he never was in the vicinity.  SM asked YJ whether she would reveal the evidence to exonerate the dead man or cover up the police mistake. He said they (meaning prosecutors and police) are meant to search for facts.  What she will do with the facts (whether to expose the DNA finding) shouldn’t be based on the current situation but on the person that  she is.  How she has lived her life up till now.  Yeo Jin didn’t say anything, just stepped out of the car and pondered about his words.

I missed this small scene the first time I saw the drama.  For YJ, who is fresh out of the academy trying to get a detective position in the force, it mustn’t come easy, the decision to do the right thing.  It takes courage. Meeting Shi Mok is fortunate for the young policewoman as she too could have been another Eun Soo if not for him making things clear for her in his own factual perspective.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

45 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

For YJ, who is fresh out of the academy trying to get a detective position in the force, it mustn’t come easy, the decision to do the right thing.  It takes courage. Meeting Shi Mok is fortunate for the young policewoman as she too could have been another Eun Soo if not for him making things clear for her in his own factual perspective.

That’s what I love about the 2 of them.  They are synergistic.  She provides the empathy and emotions that he lacks (that’s why he’s always watching her).  She has it in spades compared to most people.  He is just very black and white, dogmatic, driven, unwavering and blunt.  They make a great team.  SM is my spirit animal :lol:.

We are the product of our circumstances AND the sum of our choices.

SF1 and Life are the only 2 dramas I have rewatched and I enjoyed the second viewing just as much (if not more because I can savor little details missed when I rushed the first time).  

• Like 7

It is good news that Jeon Hye Jin has joined the second season. I expect a good script again giving the cast and crew an oportunity to make a good drama.  I am excited for a new season.

• Like 7

This is the confirmed cast . I wonder if LJH was there since he’s in the middle of shooting his new drama 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Jeon Hye Jin Joins Bae Doona, Cho Seung Woo, Lee Joon Hyuk, And More In Season 2 Of “Forest Of Secrets”

Jan 13, 2020
by S. Park

aa213dd98af4414ca00016bd5d6d97fb.jpeg?s=

Jeon Hye Jin has been confirmed for season two of tvN’s “Forest of Secrets”!

On January 13, a source from tvN told CBS No Cut News, “It’s true that Jeon Hye Jin was cast.” Her agency, HODU & U Entertainment, also confirmed, “It’s true that actress Jeon Hye Jin is appearing in ‘Forest of Secrets’ season two. However, it would difficult to reveal her character.”

“Forest of Secrets” season two is the sequel to the 2017 tvN series, and it will be penned by writer Lee Soo Yeon who wrote the script for the first season. The directing will be changed from producing director (PD) Ahn Kil Ho to PD Park Hyun Suk whose past works include “Just Dance,” “Uncontrollably Fond,” and “The Princess’s Man.”

Other cast members include Cho Seung Woo who appears as emotionless prosecutor Hwang Si Mok and Bae Doona as warm-hearted police officer Han Yeo Jin, in addition to Yoon Se Ah, Lee Joon Hyuk, and Choi Moo Sung.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1376715wpp/jeon-hye-jin-joins-bae-doona-cho-seung-woo-lee-joon-hyuk-and-more-in-season-2-of-forest-of-secrets

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@bedifferent Yes Misty! Imagine if she gets to channel an ambitious character a la Go Hyran this time around :D it's so good to hear husband and wife are supportive of each's careers. 

Re the scene you mentioned, I have a different interpretation. I dont believe shimok was imparting wisdom, rather, it shows the two beginning to build trust, and it's a rare instance of shimok speaking his mind in a way that reveals his character. He sees himself purely as a bringer of facts, and doesnt factor human emotions into play; whereas yeojin does consider how people would be affected once certain facts come to light. In this regard, they are each's foils. Yeojin was concerned about how the reveal would shake up the police and prosecutor office, however, given her strong ethics, there was never a doubt she would whistleblow! ;) Also, iirc she's new to the homicide division, but not new to the force. She does tend to linger on certain things, have some cryptic monologues and give impassioned speeches, which hint a troubled/tragic backstory.

What I loved best about the duo is the natural progression of their relationship. How two fully developed mature upright people found each other in a sea of distrust and joined forces to expose systematic corruption. How the trust they built in their work relationship leaked into their personal lives and turned into a budding friendship :)

Complete aside... Waah was it necessary for bae doona to chop her hair for the role?!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Cast support for Cho SeungWoo and his last hurrah as Sweeney Todd... Yoon SeAh (Credit her Instagram).  

Totally off topic but every time that Forest drama gets news I keep thinking it’s an update about Forest of Secrets. :lol:.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

Some fan cam taken pics of filming 

Apparently this is LJH filming , though I really can’t tell 

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, triplem said:

Apparently this is LJH filming , though I really can’t tell

[edited after checking] The tweet from the same Japanese fan in your post thinks it's "Je Un" - Choi Jae Woong from the way he walks? Whoever it is, it's all good, pumped for the series :D 

@choooooaaaaa

この歩き方とフォルムでジェウンさんって分かる私 またスンウさんと共演するんですねㅠㅠ 同級生コンビ早く見たい #비밀의숲2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Are you joking 

Is it coming back for really 

I give up waiting for it after 2 years without news !

It really coming back for season 2 ??. 

I am going crazy 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, nona88 said:

It really coming back for season 2

Yes it’s confirmed.  They are filming now.  Should be finished by release date in July this year.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Yes it’s confirmed.  They are filming now.  Should be finished by release date in July this year.

OMG thanks 

Oh I should regret giving up 

They coming my favourite  cast and my favorite  drama  

I am really happy that the two lead  coming back :bawling:   it took so long but they coming back 

Cant wait to see more of their story  

I will be asking so much I did want the same pd  too but you cant have everything  

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1