0ly40

• 2 weeks later...

Stranger: Season 2

Episodes: 16
South Korea Broadcast Date: January 31st, 2020 | Broadcaster: tVN
Netflix Release Date: February 1st | Run Time: 70 Mins
Cast: Jo Seung Woo, Bae Doo Na, Lee Joon Hyuk, Choi Jae Woong, Yoon Se Ah

K-Dramas-Coming-to-Netflix-2020-Stranger

Returning to Netflix in 2020 for the second season is popular K-Drama series, Stranger. The series will continue where it left off with Hwang Shi Mook and partner Han Yeo Jin as they work to uncover the truth of the Prime Minister’s corruption case. The latest episodes will be available on a weekly basis.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/k-dramas-coming-to-netflix-in-2020

It seems we have a release date :w00t: At least i hope it's real deal))

• Like 1
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, keyta said:

Stranger: Season 2

Episodes: 16
South Korea Broadcast Date: January 31st, 2020 | Broadcaster: tVN
Netflix Release Date: February 1st | Run Time: 70 Mins
Cast: Jo Seung Woo, Bae Doo Na, Lee Joon Hyuk, Choi Jae Woong, Yoon Se AhReturning to Netflix in 2020 for the second season is popular K-Drama series, Stranger. The series will continue where it left off with Hwang Shi Mook and partner Han Yeo Jin as they work to uncover the truth of the Prime Minister’s corruption case. The latest episodes will be available on a weekly basis.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/k-dramas-coming-to-netflix-in-2020

It seems we have a release date :w00t: At least i hope it's real deal))

But it is a bit weird. 

31st january is friday but the timeslot for tvn drama is Saturday Sunday.

Also by the time that came, Crash landing on you still hasnt finished yet ( they finish on 2nd february ) so if Forest season 2 Replace crash landing on you then they will be premiere on 8th of february. 

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 3

4 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Also by the time that came, Crash landing on you still hasnt finished yet ( they finish on 2nd february ) so if Forest season 2 Replace crash landing on you then they will be premiere on 8th of february. 

Didn’t baseball stuff up all the drama scheduling?  I recall a lot were pushed back because normal screening time was interrupted by sport.  So it could be a projected date which isn’t set in stone and it might be give or take a few weeks later.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Didn’t baseball stuff up all the drama scheduling?  I recall a lot were pushed back because normal screening time was interrupted by sport.  So it could be a projected date which isn’t set in stone and it might be give or take a few weeks later.

This is TvN right? The broadcaster who show baseball is The public one like KBS or SBS. For example SBS moved vagabond schedule twice and skipping 1 week for vip. 

TvN Schedule is pretty stable and rarely got delayed or resechedule. 

But if its just a projected date then yes it will be around that date but it surely will be later because the current drama will end on early february itself. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 11/17/2019 at 9:29 AM, Moira13 said:

I love this drama so much I finally decided to create an account! 

Watching season 1 was by accident because I had got bored of the rom-coms and needed a change of genre. The first thread kept me good company after each episode, so when I saw  this new thread was created, I decided to join in! Now, I must wait patiently for the drama to begin as it will take some time.. Something tells me that the thread will already have quite the number of pages before the first episode drops :smirk:

Welcome @Moira13 :D I love this drama too. 
i was just about to ask all of you fans to request to have Netflix pick up Stranger Season 2 until I read the other comments above me. I hope it is accurate. 
i will also keep a look out on my Netflix account to see when it will air. There is a coming Soon section in the app. :D

• Like 5

On 9/5/2019 at 8:49 AM, UnniSarah said:

@triplem  This is me best news

Thank you for  the mention yay yay 

:lol::lol::lol:I know I shouldn't repost pics but this is the BEST reaction gif ever (and pretty close to my reaction knowing Bae Doona is back on board for the sequel)! 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897465f901774e98a7620

On 9/26/2019 at 11:21 PM, triplem said:

Production planning starts today  . Again I read here that BDN is confirmed but still waiting for agency announcement 

Thanks so much for the updates on the production  Very exciting! 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Thanks @triplem.  Although knowing Cho SeungWoo (yes I researched him intensively after SF1 :lol:), he doesn’t like to do dramas with live filming.  He much prefers pre-production.  So even if it says airing in July, they may film much earlier.  CSW is doing Sweeney Todd the musical right now...that finishes end Jan 2020 so maybe filming will begin in earnest then.  LMH’s drama has already begun filming...so it’s probably pre-produced as well.

• Like 6

@nrllee @triplem things appeared to be pretty hectic for the main cast in early 2020 with all their commitments, will take some maneuvering by everyone to make this drama happen.

Bae Doona’s Kingdom 2 airs in March, hopefully she’s done already but must have press time too. Lee Joon Hyuk’s drama also air in March , is it pre produced somewhat?  Cho Seung Woo plans to start Sisyphus after he is done with SF2 since this drama is preproduced.  It’s  interesting to see this drama juggles actors’ schedules.  LJH has to film after his current commitment is done while CSW and BDN can start earlier.  Script better be good, PD better be great for this kind of collaboration.

Early 2020 looks fun, a bunch of dramas with serious potentials :D Wise Doctors et al ... SF alumnis Lee Kyu Hyung’s Hi Bye Mama with Kim Tae Hee, keep an eye on it too.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Bae Doona’s Kingdom 2 airs in March, hopefully she’s done already

Yeah I think filming is already done on Kingdom2.  I am just happy to see CSW in dramaland.  He’s very selective about his dramas so I trust his judgements.  There’s got to be something uniquely different about the drama before he says yes...otherwise he stays in the musical theatre domain.  I can’t imagine anyone but him being Hwang SiMok.  I adore how he and YeoJin bounce ideas off each other.  Both are just as intelligent.  They are equals.  I love that the writer has done that.  I am currently rewatching SF1 again just to pick up the running threads I missed watching it first time.  YeoJin has a backstory that was hinted at but never explored (abuse?  Potential hostage before?)...and SiMok’s dad has some story as well but it was never expanded on either.  His mom (who remarried) mentioned in passing that his dad is back...and SiMok then had that episode in his apartment...so it was obviously a trigger of a troubled past.  Were they both abused?  What would compel his mother to say to him (when he was 8yo) that they should just “die together”?  :huh:.  I am trying to figure out what medical condition SiMok actually had... Hyperacusis?  Tinnitus?  Was he autistic?  Was it post trauma,?  Being hit on the head repetitively by an abusive father?  But they seemed to imply his lack of social skills happened post op (to deal with his hyperacusis).  The surgical treatment was over the top though... that had me scratching my head... but O well... I will let it slide. :lol: 

The writer is just brilliant otherwise.  Life was another great drama.  It was the most realistic drama about the hospital system that I have ever watched.  I am a fan of her writing for sure.  :).  I like how authentic her characters are.  

2020 dramas definitely look promising.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, nrllee said:

YeoJin has a backstory that was hinted at but never explored (abuse?  Potential hostage before?)...and SiMok’s dad has some story as well but it was never expanded on either.  His mom (who remarried) mentioned in passing that his dad is back...and SiMok then had that episode in his apartment...so it was obviously a trigger of a troubled past.  Were they both abused?  What would compel his mother to say to him (when he was 8yo) that they should just “die together”?  :huh:.  I am trying to figure out what medical condition SiMok actually had... Hyperacusis?  Tinnitus?  Was he autistic?  Was it post trauma,?  Being hit on the head repetitively by an abusive father?  But they seemed to imply his lack of social skills happened post op (to deal with his hyperacusis).  

I didn't know if it was hyperacusis, misophonia or acoustic neuroma or a combination of all, drama was never clear.  He was definitely hypersensitive to sound, even to a point where little noise triggers rage in the boy.   He slammed the piano key onto another child, he eats alone due to social anxiety.  The doctor mentioned about lobotomy so it must have been a benign tumor of some sort, otherwise it would just have been blunting of the nerves.  Since the excision of the brain was around the area which controls emotions, he lost those abilities post op.  Yes, I always wanted to know more about Yeo-Jin sketches, she has a bunch in her apt.  My memory is a little fuzzy so I should go back and watch again too :lol:  Good that you picked up on the details!

Wish you had watched Life live along with us.  Was def underrated, our thread didn't  quite like CSW's loveline with WonJIn-A :lol: I actually like the ending a lot.  Good guys don't always win the battle.  They instead consider it a blessing to have survived to live another day, albeit a little wiser.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

I didn't know if it was hyperacusis, misophonia or acoustic neuroma or a combination of all, drama was never clear.  He was definitely hypersensitive to sound, even to a point where little noise triggers rage in the boy.   He slammed the piano key onto another child, he eats alone due to social anxiety.  The doctor mentioned about lobotomy so it must have been a benign tumor of some sort, otherwise it would just have been blunting of the nerves.  Since the excision of the brain was around the area which controls emotions, he lost those abilities post op. 

Yeah the medical side of me perked up with the mention of lobotomy... so radical and invasive? :huh: Only refractory epilepsy springs up with something so radical as a treatment option.  So yeah tumour came to mind but there was no mention of a growth to excise but hey I will just take it at face value that they had exhausted all conservative treatment and therefore were only left with the surgical route. 

YeoJin definitely has a backstory of past trauma.  She loathed that child molester she chased down. She told the underaged call girl that she had to live so that her final look at life wouldn’t be one of horror/terror.  And then there was that cryptic monologue to herself when she visited the girl’s high school and saw some giggling school girls and she said, “that’s how your school life should’ve looked like” as if to imply that hers wasn’t a happy one.  And she wants to stay in the Crime/Homicide division despite her chief suggesting she transfer out.  Her drawings I feel are her catharsis.  Memories of lost childhood perhaps?  I am glad she’s turned out so well despite her past.  She still loves life and believes in fighting the good fight.  SiMok and her make a wonderful team.

Ironically on second watch, EunSoo is the character that grated at me most.  Her drive for revenge had clouded her judgment and her one sided crush on SiMok didn’t do her any favours. I felt like she had this desire to prove herself to SiMok by trying to be clever/helpful.   She kept putting herself in danger so it didn’t surprise me that she ended up dead.  Just as well I didn’t watch real time or I probably would’ve butted heads with her fandom with my assessment of her character.  

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Ironically on second watch, EunSoo is the character that grated at me most.  Her drive for revenge had clouded her judgment and her one sided crush on SiMok didn’t do her any favours. I felt like she had this desire to prove herself to SiMok by trying to be clever/helpful.   She kept putting herself in danger so it didn’t surprise me that she ended up dead.  Just as well I didn’t watch real time or I probably would’ve butted heads with her fandom with my assessment of her character.

@nrllee.. I think butted head with her fandom too. She deserved so much more but her actions weren’t smart and it made me so mad at her. If she had communicated with Simok she may have lived or not. Who knows?? This was a good drama. :wub::wub: I can’t wait for season 2 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

15 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@nrllee.. I think butted head with her fandom too. She deserved so much more but her actions weren’t smart and it made me so mad at her. If she had communicated with Simok she may have lived or not. Who knows?? This was a good drama. :wub::wub: I can’t wait for season 2 

:lol:.  She acted well though so I will give her that.  It was the actions of her character EunSoo that were questionable.  I think she did try to be his “best buddy” but I felt like he was trying his utmost to distance himself from her and keep her out of it (so as to keep her safe) but she kept reading him wrong and putting herself into situations where she was out of her depth and he had to bail her out of.  She just kept pushing in and trying to involve herself when all the signals coming from him were for her to just butt out?  She wasn’t giving him any information that he hadn’t already worked out himself?  He is incapable of reciprocating the “love” or “kindness” that she wants from him.  He’s plenty happy with his work and with the rudimentary essential social dealings with colleagues.  I think that’s why I like his relationship with YeoJin.  She doesn’t expect anything from him.  She just takes him as he is.  They are equals.  

• Like 10

@nrllee  I agree Shin Hye Sun as Eun Soo was brilliant. She played her role to perfection.  She had a crush on a man who could never be bribed and was  very honest. She wanted recognition but what Si Mok wanted was her work method. To get in his good graces , you must do your job to the best of your abilities. Because EunSoo was in a rush and dying to clear her father’s name she couldn’t think clearly. Her father was an honest man and his reputation was ruined and so was hers. She lost so much because of this false charges.  YeoJin was also about doing your job to the fullest no matter what the consequences was.
Check this out  It says the show airs in July 2020 

Don’t know if this accurate 
https://mydramalist.com/27361-stranger-2

• Like 5
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@nrllee  I agree Shin Hye Sun as Eun Soo was brilliant. She played her role to perfection.  She had a crush on a man who could never be bribed and was  very honest. She wanted recognition but what Si Mok wanted was her work method. To get in his good graces , you must do your job to the best of your abilities. Because EunSoo was in a rush and dying to clear her father’s name she couldn’t think clearly. Her father was an honest man and his reputation was ruined and so was hers. She lost so much because of this false charges.  YeoJin was also about doing your job to the fullest no matter what the consequences was.
Check this out  It says the show airs in July 2020 

Don’t know if this accurate 
https://mydramalist.com/27361-stranger-2

I think the July 2020 airing date sounds about right.  Probably to tie in with Netflix release (please make it so).

Yes EunSoo was just desperate for “revenge”.  She was too emotionally invested to be objective.  Clearly why SiMok thought it best to leave her out of the investigation process altogether.  You can’t have someone who already has preconceived ideas about who the killer “should be” on an investigative team.  I like how SiMok put the blame of her death back squarely on her father’s shoulders for being so reticent in the first place.  He tried to absolve his responsibility by blaming SiMok for not “protecting her”.  In reality it was his diffidence that was the root cause.  He knew full well how headstrong and determined she was, yet he kept sitting back on his hands in the matter.  Perhaps he didn’t want to ruin his “upright” standing in her eyes, preferring to play the victim rather than coming clean that he too sat on the truth all those years ago and turned a blind eye.

I really hope the PD for Season2 is as meticulous as the PD for SF1.  Little details are not glossed over which just adds to the gritty reality of the drama.  Things like police berating prosecutors for messing with the crime scene.  The fact that SiMok ousted Park MooSung’s mother out of the house as soon as he realized it was a crime scene so she wouldn’t contaminate it.  Putting on gloves and shoe covers when at a crime scene.  Talking about blood spatter and spray.  Methodical, precise evidence collection.  SF1 was a quality production so everyone had done their homework to make it as realistic as possible.  In today’s world where the audience has been exposed to forensics in detail thanks to Hollywood, glossing over these details would prove irksome to the educated and ruin the viewing experience. 

EDIT - I went back to the original thread to see what the ruckus was about when her death aired... and yeah... I think I would’ve picked some of the comments apart had I watched it live :lol:.  

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Okay after sifting through pages of rants about SiMok in the SF1, I feel like I need to set the record straight about his character.  Off topic so in spoiler, although it would be nice to “get” SM’s character from the start of SF2 because we’ve already got cues from SF1.  

Spoiler

CSW plays him like he did his autistic character in Marathon.  He was brilliant there.  If you didn’t watch it, hunt it down to watch it.  It’s eye opening into the struggles of raising an autistic child.  Autistic children find it impossible to get social cues.  Relating with people confuses them.  They have feelings but often do not know what they are or how to express them in socially correct settings. They relate to others purely on a functional level. They do not understand sadness or affection.  That’s why SiMok seems standoffish.  He doesn’t understand any human emotions.  Nor niceties.  Autistic people don’t do niceties.  I don’t think us “neurotypical” people understand how many considerations our brain sifts through when we relate to other people.  Autistic people live in a black and white world.  We imbue feelings on SM because we try to put ourselves in his shoes.  Problem is, the shoes don’t fit.  He’s not sad that he is by himself.  He’s not happy either.  He just is.  He doesn’t feel the need to “be happy”.  He doesn’t feel the need to relate to people unless he needs something from them.  People are a means to an end.  Purely functional.  There was one scene where he asks ES into the room to get information from her and then he tells her abruptly to leave when he had all the information he needed.  YJ tells him to be “nicer to her”.  SM replies with a blank rather confused look, “but I was nice”.  To him, the fact that he didn’t yell at her meant he was “nice”.   That’s how people who cannot understand emotions think.  They think in dichotomies.  If I am not angry, then I am nice. He didn’t pick up any of the social cues from ES that she wanted desperately to be in on the conversation.  YJ and we did because we’re “neurotypical”.  We pick all these silent cues up.  People like SM can’t see them at all.  Then there was that scene where he was asked to take her home from the party at YJ’s house.  SM knows that ES takes public transport.  So for him, it would be totally logical to drop her off at the nearest train station so he could be on his way home.  No niceties.  And I don’t see that he is any “nicer” to YJ than he is ES.  He treats her exactly like how he treats everyone else.  On a functional level.  The reason why they seem to hit it off is because YJ has no expectations of how he should be.  And her judgement is objective and not clouded by prejudice (like ES).  So to him, she provides him with information and unbiased opinions.  So she’s a necessity.  Plus she has more interactions with him purely because they need each other for the case and to bounce ideas off.  He watches her relate on a human level to the people they meet and he tries to make sense of it.  I think a lot of the time he still can’t process that emotion/feeling.  Funny thing is I don’t feel like SM needs anyone to defend him because his character couldn’t care 2 hoots as to whether people like him or not.  Popularity and notoriety are one and the same.  Neither matters to him.  Neither factor into his decision making process.  Only the facts matter.  He just wants to get his job done.  Justice is black and white for him.  Not shades of grey.  It makes him formidable as a prosecutor.

Then there was that whole kerfuffle as to whether SM felt guilty or not after ES’s death.  Maybe. But not the way neurotypicals like us would feel it.  He collapsed after the post mortem because he was affected by her death.  Whether it was “guilt” or not is a moot point.  He can’t feel guilt like neurotypicals do.  If you asked him he probably wouldn’t be able to tell you.  Like the doctor said, he stores up all these confusing emotions in his system which eventually leads to his body shutting down and he collapses (physiologically his body can only take so much external stressors).  He can’t emote at all.  Which is why he stood in front of the mirror and tried to make that angry face that YJ drew for him (very similar to how autistic children are taught emotions).  He doesn’t know how it relates.  SHS’s fandom are just trying to make sense of her death and taking out their anger on SM’s impassivity.  They give him feelings and thoughts that only a neurotypical person would/should have.  It’s completely groundless.  

I have an autistic nephew so I understand it firsthand.  :)  Do autistic people get married?  Yeah. But their partner needs to understand their limitations and learn to read the world from their rigid perspective.  There’s one couple at my church like that.  The wife is normal and the husband is autistic (high functioning)...I would say savant...he’s scary intelligent but totally clueless and awkward in a social setting.  It’s fascinating (and hugely encouraging) watching how they work out their relationship as a married couple :) in that atypical setting.

I don’t know if the writer will push the love line between SM and YJ.  I am happy for it to remain as is.  Purely platonic.  Because if it does eventuate, it will not be anything like the normal relationship that we see in neurotypicals.  It would be very atypical.  

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1