[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

On 7/9/2020 at 4:58 PM, breadstal said:

First poster. Very reminiscent of season 1, I like it :wub: But yeah, it's kinda weird to see new faces instead. The cast is so spectacular though! My excitement couldn't be any higher.

On July 9, the upcoming second season of the drama released its main poster, which captures the foreboding, suspenseful vibe of “Forest of Secrets.” Cho Seung Woo and Bae Doona stand at the forefront as their characters Hwang Si Mok and Han Yeo Jin respectively, wearing grave expressions as they face the difficult road ahead.

In contrast to the first season of “Forest of Secrets,” Hwang Si Mok and Han Yeo Jin will be reuniting under different circumstances in the second season: they will meet on opposite sides of a tense situation between the police and the prosecutor’s office, who are now operating under a new law that has changed the way the two bodies work together.

Newcomers Jeon Hye Jin and Chun Moo Sung will also be playing characters on opposite sides of the changed relationship between the police and the prosecutor’s office. Jeon Hye Jin will play Choi Bit, the first female head of intelligence at the National Police Agency, who takes secretive steps to attempt to give the police more freedom in their investigations. On the other hand, Choi Moo Sung will play Woo Tae Ha, the elite of the elite at the prosecutor’s office, who takes measures to protect prosecutors’ power to control police investigations.

Lee Joon Hyuk will return as the ambitious prosecutor Seo Dong Jae, who is determined to climb up the career ladder at all costs, while Yoon Se Ah will reprise her role as Lee Yeon Jae, who has become the new head of Hanjo Group after the death of her husband Lee Chang Joon (who was played by Yoo Jae Myung in Season 1).

The entirety of the newly released poster—including the starring cast—is shrouded in fog, hinting at the concealed truths that Hwang Si Mok and Han Yeo Jin must work to uncover. Meanwhile, the caption somberly declares, “Those who want silence are all accomplices.”

-I'm really looking forward to thisㅠㅠㅠ

-Whoa, Bae Doona looks so freaking cool thereㅠㅠㅠㅠ

-I can't wait for this dramaㅠㅠㅠ

-This is amazing!!! I love the casts!!

-Is that Jeon Hyejin??

-Whoa, my heart is beating so fast right nowㅠㅠㅠ

-I'm getting goosebumps all over my bodyㅠㅠ I can't believe they're really doing another seasonㅠㅠ

-Now this is the reason why I'm still f*cking alive...

-I still haven't watched the first season, though...

-I can't wait for August to comeㅠㅠㅠ

-This is what I've been waiting for!!!!

-Wait, I still haven't watched the first season. I think I'm gonna binge-watching it today.

-Finallyㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

-I'm expecting a lot from this drama, but at the same time I'm quite scared. Because this is the best drama I have ever watched in my life.

-I can't ...... wait!!!!

I'm sorry for this long post, but I'm just clearly very excited haha :lol:

No problem at all!  I appreciate the post and I love the new poster.  I think we are all very excited :D

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Thank you @breadstal for pasting the information on SF2 characters here. 

It's looking like women (police) vs men (prosecutors) but hopefully they won't stay on the opposite side for too long but rather come to work together as a team soon (just like S1). But unlike S1, I'm hoping that there's no traitor within the close-knit group (if there's ever one in S2)..but it seems this hope may not come to fruition with this description

18 hours ago, breadstal said:

Meanwhile, the caption somberly declares, “Those who want silence are all accomplices.”

:ph34r:

I don't know who else chuckled when reading this

18 hours ago, breadstal said:

Lee Joon Hyuk will return as the ambitious prosecutor Seo Dong Jae, who is determined to climb up the career ladder at all costs,

I know it's not meant to be funny at all but after reading all the returnees descriptions, they all seemed to be in a new situation etc..and here come SDJ..still chasing to climb up the ladder :D 

Spoiler

He reminds me of Scrat and his never-ending chase to get acorn/s season after season while the rest of the animals were doing different things :joy:

cS44Cll.gif

https://www.soompi.com/article/1411947wpp/watch-cho-seung-woo-bae-doona-and-more-reunite-for-script-reading-of-forest-of-secrets-season-2

Watch: Cho Seung Woo, Bae Doona, And More Reunite For Script Reading Of “Forest Of Secrets” Season 2

by S. Nam | Jul 9, 2020

12EEA559-DAA6-406A-B079-5A2DBCD92954.png

tvN released a behind-the-scenes look at the first script reading for the second season of “Forest of Secrets”!

“Forest of Secrets” (also known as “Stranger”) is a drama about an emotionless prosecutor Hwang Si Mok (Cho Seung Woo) and a warm-hearted police officer Han Yeo Jin (Bae Doona) who join forces to solve hidden mysteries and investigate corruption. The first season, which aired in 2017, followed the duo as they worked together to catch a serial killer and expose corruption within the prosecutor’s office.

The first script reading featured many familiar faces from season one including Cho Seung Woo, Bae Doona, Yoon Se Ah, and Lee Joon Hyuk. Cho Seung Woo shared, “I was slightly nervous and excited since yesterday, so I couldn’t get sleep last night.” Bae Doona commented that she also anticipated the first filming. She explained, “Our chemistry was good to the point where I thought our teamwork couldn’t get any better.”

Lee Joon Hyuk, who will be playing prosecutor Seo Dong Jae who walks on the thin line between chasing success and having a conscience, shared, “Seo Dong Jae appeared in season one, and he will be appearing again this time. Similarly to season one, he will be an interesting and charming character.” Yoon Se Ah shared that she will be playing Hajo group’s new chairwoman Lee Yeon Jae after sending off her late husband Lee Chang Joon (Yoo Jae Myung).

In addition to the actors from season one, the drama will also star new faces including Jeon Hye Jin as Choi Bit, the first female head of intelligence at the National Police Agency, and Choi Moo Sung as Woo Tae Ha, the elite of the elite at the prosecutor’s office. Both actors expressed their nervousness to star in the sequel to a popular drama, but they also shared their excitement to create a good drama with the other talented actors.

Bae Doona shared, “It’s my first reunion on screen in three years with Cho Seung Woo, who I think of as my greatest partner.” She added, “Our teamwork fits nicely as if we just filmed together yesterday, and now he feels like a long-time friend.” Cho Seung Woo also commented on their reunion, “I’m anticipating that we’ll have great chemistry like we did in season one.”

All the actors continued to show off their great chemistry during the first script reading, bringing laughter to the set. In a final clip showing Cho Seung Woo and Bae Doona’s reunion, the two actors hug as they affectionately call each other’s names. Bae Doona smiles and says, “It’s been so long.” Later, she adds, “You’ve aged so much. Why’d you get so thin?” Cho Seung Woo replies, “Your hair has grown longer.”

Watch the full behind-the-scenes video below!

The second season of “Forest of Secrets” is scheduled to premiere in August following the conclusion of tvN’s “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.” Check out the first teasers for the drama here!

——————

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/09/jo-seung-woo-bae-doo-nas-stranger-2-takes-off-its-veil/
Jo Seung Woo & Bae Doo Na’s ‘Stranger 2’ Takes Off Its Veil

by krishkim

523DC4AE-C74D-4C6C-AE2F-FB7D0784E87C.jpg

Credit: tvN

The main poster of Stranger 2, starring Jo Seung Woo and Bae Do Na, has been unveiled.

tvN’s new weekend drama Stranger 2 tells the story of solitary prosecutor Hwang Shi Mok and active detective Han Yeo Jin, meeting once again when the prosecutor’s office and the police find themselves on opposing sides, and approaching the truth of the concealed cases.

Back in 2017, Jo Seung Woo, Bae Do Na, Lee Joon Hyuk, and Yoon Se Ah appeared in the first season, receiving much love. In season 2, Jeon Hye Jin and Choi Moo Sung have joined the cast, raising the expectations.

The production introduced the 6 characters who will lead the story thought the main poster.

Jo Seung Woo and Bae Do Na will play the roles of Hwan Shi Mok and Han Yeo Jin, perfecting the chemistry. Behind them, faces of Lee Joon Hyuk, who played the role of Seo Dong Jae, and Yoon Se Ah, who plays Lee Yeon Jae, are present.

Then there are Jeon Hye Jin and Choi Moo Sung, who newly joined the project. They will each play Choi Bit, the first female police intelligence chief, and Woo Tae Ha, an elite prosecutor. The two will enforce a secret move to secure the independence of the police’s right to investigate and the prosecution’s discretionary power over investigation.

The first episode of Stranger 2 will air in August as a follow-up of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.

Source (1)

-

https://k-communities.com/2020/07/10/the-official-poster-of-stranger-season-2-starring-cho-seung-woo-and-bae-doona/
The official poster of “Stranger Season 2” starring Cho Seung Woo and Bae Doona

Original post: Theqoo
1.Crazy crazy crazy!!!
2.Finallyㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
3.I saw the crew bus about three weeks ago!!! I’m looking forward to it ㅠㅠㅠ
4.I can’t wait for this drama come out!!
5.Oh! The additional cast members are so good!! We just need good directing nowㅠㅠ
6.Bae Doona looks so cool hereㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
7.I knew it already but I had to see this poster to finally grasp the fact that Young Eun Soo won’t be in this season ㅠㅠㅜ
8.Heol! I think I’ll go crazy, I’ve been waiting for this for yearsㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
9.I got goosebumps as soon as I saw the poster, I love this so much
10.What? Lee Joon Hyuk is here too??!!!!!!!!!!!
11.I’m so excitedㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Seems like Yeo-jin’s hair grew a lotㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Young Eun-soo won’t come out againㅠ
12.Yoon Se Ah is coming out again??? She’ll be Chang-joon’s wife again
13.Lee Joon Hyuk? Are you kidding me???
14.I’m looking forward to itㅠㅠ how come Seo Dong Jae is not getting older??
15.I’m really curious about Yoon Se Ah’s story since her husband is dead now. Looking forward to it!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

tvN keeps dropping stuff in the middle of night for me :lol: The sound I've made when I saw new video lol It was so wholesome, especially Bae Doona and Cho Seungwoo moments, their chemistry will be on another level this season :wub: I can't get over how powerful this cast is, especially Jeon Hyejin, I've already felt her charisma. Just saw that forchosfans on Twitter,  will translate it, so wait for it <3

12 hours ago, snowlou said:

Thank you @breadstal for pasting the information on SF2 characters here. 

You're welcome!

It's looking like women (police) vs men (prosecutors) but hopefully they won't stay on the opposite side for too long but rather come to work together as a team soon (just like S1). But unlike S1, I'm hoping that there's no traitor within the close-knit group (if there's ever one in S2)..but it seems this hope may not come to fruition with this description

Yeah, it's interesting! I'm so curious about two new characters and how they will fare. Writer touched on women's positions in law enforcement with both ES and YJ (more subtly). Now we'll have a woman in power, who's also first one to hold her title. YJ too, got promoted at the end of S1. I wonder if writer will go further, especially that things have changed, especially in Korea with this topic. I'm curious to see how story will go this time, having a traitor within group might not have an impact it had on first time. The trator will def be in either police force or prosecution, since main issue this show is dealing with is corruption. I was kinda suprised (pleasantly)  how fast SM and YJ got to work together, I do hope, that it will be the case again! Since we know that they will have their own independent investigation :D I haven't seen the other works of the screenwriter but I still trust her just because how amazing job she did with previous season. We still don't know much (basically anything, just crumbs lol) about plot, so we're still just guessing, at the end.

:ph34r:

I don't know who else chuckled when reading this

I know it's not meant to be funny at all but after reading all the returnees descriptions, they all seemed to be in a new situation etc..and here come SDJ..still chasing to climb up the ladder :D 

Reveal hidden contents

He reminds me of Scrat and his never-ending chase to get acorn/s season after season while the rest of the animals were doing different things :joy:

cS44Cll.gif

SAME! SDJ is so unintentionally hilarious, even in the first script reading video, cast couldn't help but laugh haha Also, now I won't be able to not think about their resemblance, so thank you :lol:

EDIT: Omg, look at them :o

• Like 3
  • Love 1

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/07/688_292684.html
SF to romance: diverse genre TV series to hit small screen

By Lee Gyu-lee | 2020-07-12

2BA165EC-94FB-4D30-AF75-537325523FE4.jpg
Posters for the sci-fi anthology series "SF8," left, and season two of the crime drama "Stranger." / Courtesy of MBC and tvN

For TV series, the first half of this year was rather devastating, marked by the unexpected flop of the multi-billion won project "The King: Eternal Monarch."  With only a few buzzed-about series ― such as "The World of the Married," "Itaewon Class," "Crash Landing on You," and "Hospital Playlist" ― so far, broadcasting networks are preparing to release more dynamic genre series in the latter half of this year. 

Two science fiction series are set for release in the coming months ― the Korean version of the "Black Mirror" anthology series "SF8," and the sci-fi drama genre "Alice." 

The cinematic drama "SF8," co-produced by the OTT service Wavve, MBC, and the Directors Guild of Korea, will consist of eight episodes each with a different director and story. The series will revolve around the presence of technological advancement and the symbiotic relationship between people and robots in a futuristic world. It was pre-released through Wavve on Friday and will be aired on Aug. 17 on MBC.

SBS's time-travel-themed series "Alice" is also set to debut this year. Starring Joo Won and Kim Hee-sun, the series follows a couple who reunites through a mysterious time-traveling space. The series will be a small-screen comeback for Joo since his discharge from mandatory military service last year. 

TvN is also ready to take off with a diverse range of series. 

The network's major hit series "Stranger" will return for a second season in August. The 2017 murder mystery drama, starring Cho Seung-woo and Bae Doo-na, has been praised as a "well-made" piece and was named among the best TV shows of 2017 by the New York Times.  The second season, written by the same writer Lee Soo-yeon, stars the same lead actors. It will follow a prosecutor (Cho) and a passionate police investigator (Bae) teaming to uncover the truth amid political corruption. 

C9819CFA-4FC1-47C1-8309-E8713B99719E.jpg
Scenes from tvN's thriller drama "The Flower of Evil." / Courtesy of tvN

Thriller-romance drama "The Flower of Evil" is set to go on air on July 29. The series, starring Lee Joon-gi and Moon Chae-won, revolves around an unusual concept ― what if your husband turns out to be a cold-blooded serial killer?  After being happily married for 14 years, the married couple faces an uncertain future as the wife becomes suspicious about her husband's past. 

43082BFA-652E-479A-AED7-E0E683663B9C.jpg
Scenes from tvN's upcoming drama "Record of Youth." / Courtesy of tvN

Alongside the thrillers, two star-studded romance series await. "Record of Youth," starring heartthrob Park Bo-gum and "Parasite" actress Park So-dam, is one of the year's most anticipated series.  Directed by "Stranger" director Ahn Gil-ho, the 1.4 billion won project will revolve around a group of youngsters making their way to achieve their goals.  The series, slated for September, will be Park's last work before he takes a hiatus for military service. 

Another series "Startup" ― starring Bae Suzy, Nam Joo-hyuk and Kim Seon-ho ― began shooting since May.  The series ― directed by "Hotel del Luna" director Oh Choong-hwan ― follows young entrepreneurs, trying to become "the next Steve Jobs" in Korea's fictional Silicon Valley called Sandbox.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cho Seung Woo Is As Stoic As Ever In Upcoming 2nd Season Of tvN’s “Forest Of Secrets”

Jul 14, 2020
by S. Nam
b73990b037e64e1aac4bcdbbcad4c4bc.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming sequel to “Forest of Secrets” released the first set of stills of Cho Seung Woo!

“Forest of Secrets” (also known as “Stranger”) is a drama about an emotionless prosecutor Hwang Si Mok (Cho Seung Woo) and a warm-hearted police officer Han Yeo Jin (Bae Doona) who join forces to solve hidden mysteries and investigate corruption. The first season, which aired in 2017, followed the duo as they worked together to catch a serial killer and expose corruption within the prosecutor’s office.

Previously, Cho Seung Woo impressed with his skillful portrayal of Hwang Si Mok, creating great tension throughout the drama. On July 14, tvN released new stills of Cho Seung Woo, depicting his memorable strong and quiet aura once again.

Unlike most, Hwang Si Mok was born with a highly developed insular lobe which caused him to be extremely sensitive to even the slightest of sounds. In order to be able to carry out daily life activities, he received surgery to remove part of the lobe. However, the aftereffect was that he lost his empathy skills. He can no longer strongly feel emotions such as sympathy, love, happiness, and sadness. The newly released stills portray this emotionless aspect of him.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1412672wpp/cho-seung-woo-is-as-stoic-as-ever-in-upcoming-2nd-season-of-tvns-forest-of-secrets

• Like 4

Bae Doona Makes Return As Impartial Detective With Soft Charisma In Season 2 Of “Forest Of Secrets”

Jul 15, 2020

1f07d0128ad2421887fc43cf0bfba96f.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming sequel to “Forest of Secrets” released the first set of stills of Bae Doona!

“Forest of Secrets” (also known as “Stranger”) is a drama about an emotionless prosecutor named Hwang Si Mok (played by Cho Seung Woo) and a warm-hearted police officer named Han Yeo Jin (played by Bae Doona) who join forces to solve hidden mysteries and investigate corruption. The first season, which aired in 2017, followed the duo as they worked together to catch a serial killer and expose corruption within the prosecutor’s office.

In the first season, Han Yeo Jin was a detective with a strong will to show no compromise when it comes to injustice. She was always first to run to the scene and was considerate and sympathetic to the pain of the victims. Above all, she was the only one Hwang Si Mok genuinely trusted. In the final episode, she was promoted to a higher rank.

The second season opens up two years after the incidents of the first season. On July 15, tvN released stills of Han Yeo Jin, who still has a soft charisma and composure. The only difference is that she has grown out her hair, giving her a more graceful aura. Viewers are looking forward to seeing her character come to life once more.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1412900wpp/bae-doona-makes-return-as-impartial-detective-with-soft-charisma-in-season-2-of-forest-of-secrets

by L. Kim

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

:wut: HYJ X HSM IS BACK!!! (also...guys, today's D-30. we're excatly month away till the first ep :ph34r:)

The caption says "God Simok x God Yeojin IS BACK!". PERIOD :D

Spoiler

Edited by MinLyn
Please note that we are only allowed to show 3 images in a single post and the remaining images have to be put in a spoiler tag. Thank you.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 6

Watch: Cho Seung Woo And Bae Doona Return To World Of “Forest Of Secrets” In Season 2 Teaser

Jul 15, 2020
44eccfd0259c43c09f299694e6fa04d3.jpeg?s=

“Forest of Secrets” season 2 has revealed an exciting teaser!

The clip features the first video clips of the new season, starring returning actors Cho Seung Woo and Bae Doona. The 2017 first season of the drama told the story of emotionless prosecutor Hwang Si Mok and warm-hearted police officer Han Yeo Jin, who teamed up to catch a serial killer and expose corruption in the prosecutor’s office.

In the second season of the show, Hwang Si Mok and Han Yeo Jin reunite under difference circumstances, with the pair on opposite sides of a tense situation involving the police and the prosecutor’s office. The cast also includes Lee Joon Hyuk, Yoon Se AhJeon Hye Jin, Chun Moo Sung, and more.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1413007wpp/watch-cho-seung-woo-and-bae-doona-return-to-world-of-forest-of-secrets-in-season-2-teaser

by J. K

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, breadstal said:

The caption says "God Simok x God Yeojin IS BACK!". PERIOD :D

@breadstal Thanks so much for posting all the tweets and translations.  TVN knows how much everyone is looking forward to this!:D

Also I see they let my girl, "God" Yeo jin have a glow up in her styling:coolshades:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, raziela said:

@breadstal Thanks so much for posting all the tweets and translations.  TVN knows how much everyone is looking forward to this!:D

Also I see they let my girl, "God" Yeo jin have a glow up in her styling

You're welcome! We're getting a lot of content now and they're doing great job setting the mood for second season, but they're still teasing us lol I can't wait for full trailer! :saitama:

AND YES! She looks great, I love her new hairstyle and her outfits so far have been>>> After getting promoted, she probably got a good raise :glasses:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eng subs of yesterday's teaser:  

• Like 9

A new conspiracy unfolds in teaser for Forest of Secrets 2

by tineybeanie

fsstrange1.jpg

A short teaser and more stills have been released for the second season of mystery-thriller Forest of Secrets. Bae Doo-na (Kingdom) returns as the warm-hearted police detective who runs on instinct and fights against injustice. Jo Seung-woo (Life) also reprises his role as the loner prosecutor who cannot feel emotions. In the last season, Bae Doo-na revealed the corruption and bribery of Yoo Jae-myung’s (Itaewon Class) character to the entire world. The second season will focus on the internal conflict between prosecutors and the police over the power and rights of investigation.

This time, Bae Doo-na is not in Yongsan anymore; she’s working in the big leagues, at police headquarters. Her dream was to be a violent crimes detective, and although she started out as a traffic cop, now that she’s here, she prides herself on her work.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/07/a-new-conspiracy-unfolds-in-teaser-for-forest-of-secrets-2/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3