[Drama 2020] Once Again, 한번다녀왔습니다

0ly40

@cuplik..I can feel you but the difference is that I haven't lost interest in this drama yet..And it is a rare feat for me cause nowadays I m not even able to finish 16 episode dramas , however good they maybe.

My first reason for starting this drama was due to the lead characters..The doctor couple intrigued me.. However I do think the writer didn't give justice to their relation..Whereas the other siblings story were really fleshed out..

Joon-Seon HK story focussed on how kids suffer due to parents' decision to separate and moreover we got to see JOon Seon's redemption from being an irresponsible man to a reliable one.

Gh 's husband cheated on her so there was no point in reconciliation and she found her happiness with someone else and thus moved on.

I don't even count DH as having her second chance cause her marriage didn't last a day and moreover she was not in love with her hubby..Also we got to witness Jae Suk's and DH's sweet journey from Friends to lovers..All these stories were different and unique in their own ways.. ..However in the case of Na-Gyu, the writer totally failed and it appalls me cause LMJ and LSY have insane chemistry..Na-Gyu's story i.e their reason for divorce and reconciliation had so much potential but the writer couldn't go deep in that part..Their (Na-Gyu's) transition in relationship was not smooth as the other three pairs. It was like a switch flipping on and off.. Na Gyu's story remained stagnant for a while with little progress and lo!!  sudden realisation and they are back together in one episode.. It feels a bit unconvincing but thanks to LMJ-LSY acting..I will gladly accept whatever they are showing..

Now that I have ranted enough and my chest feels light...I would like to prod about everything else that keeps me smitten about this show..Yes I m disappointed about Na -Gyu's treatment but I have little to no qualms about other story arcs..I have come to love  the bonds displayed and the character growth that I happened to witness in this drama.I never expected that I would be this much invested even in the older casts. This drama is truly wholesome and never makes me feel bored.

The pacing is always awesome..and even the scenes deemed unnecessary play a pivotal part in the main story..just like someone mentioned above about the photographs of the sports day brought in by Yang Chi Su was not a filler. And I can't thank the writer enough for wrapping up the Leech's imposting arc within 4 episodes...Even Hyun Kyung didn't have a life threatening disease. HOWEVER  I do think the mom is going to have some illnes but I bet it will be something curable..This writer has prevented the drama from following some of the most obvious troupes ..Thus I hope she doesn't kill off Yun Jeong and wraps up this arc pretty quickly..

Lastly..most of the posters have said enough about the latest episode ..and I can't help but feel giddy about upcoming Saturday's epi.. CY got her wish fulfilled to have a lovely family..It feels so happy to finally see her get some deserved happiness..Unnie's Kimbap 2.0 will be a delight..All the market ladies will treat her even better from now on.. especially Ok Ja..

As everyone else..I cried so much in the re-union scene..Oh godddd ..these actors are called veterans for a reason..Plus the kids portraying CY and YD really look like their younger versions and match so well..The casting director did a great job..

PS: Awwww..young Cho Yeon literally looks like a DOLL ....She is soooooo cute... especially when she says oppa..*sheds a drop of tear*..

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@eLizza OMG you said it well! I came too due to the OTP and actors. But stayed on this first weekend drama for me due to the stories. Exactly I love that my using Leech (lol not character name was embraced-I never thought it would be the case but LOVE it.) was wrapped up and NOT dragged out is true. I also think the kid actors as CY /YS and YD are amazing. I agree I TEAR up more. The little girl as YS and her sad voice. When she was selling the gum to get the bun for her beloved' oppa's bday. Not wanting to leave him behind but he sent her away as a safer option for a better life for her. Not knowing that he would have a heartache of not seeing her the bulk of each their lives. (MY HEART!)  You touched on many points I concur with as well.

After the OTP actors and complaint initially not seeing them much in the beginning, Sadon couple def got me hooked. Loving GH as older sis forging her life after her cheater hubby with her ex colleague and JS trying to be a good dad despite being separate/divorced from his ex. I really love Seo Jin and was rooting for her to talk (I knew it would happen in the drama and I was curious. As others smartly pointed out she unified and cleared a lot of plot points.) Or Butcher Yang courting CY, I did want them together. I loved he was courting her due to her sass and dance skills. YES! I was a bit upset at mom's sis but you know all is fair in love and war. She did start to like him and the mildang timing for CY and Butcher Yang was lost. I can see why he did invest alot in CY and the Aunt initiated and wanted to be with him. So I understood him (but it does seem abrupt from CY viewpoint but she is kind and good. She took it like  a champ and was not pissed at the Aunt (who actually apologized not realizing CY did reciprocate.) This redeemed the Aunt in the drama for me when she did that cause her actions to believe the Market Busy bodies about CY and YD having an affair was RIDICULOUS. Plus she left her sis high and dry at the Chinese Restaurant alone when YD was getting an award from the charity he donates to.

CY character is so awesome. Despite the hard knocks in life she is so lovely. Plus when you knew the Monk telling her to call him DAD and he was her life line and allowed her to have someone to rely on was sweet and lovely. I can see why CY not having parents is sweet to Leech's mom and the Monk. Her care and love to those two old colleagues/dongsengs was nice too.  Her finding the fraud, going from disagreeable with YD to later getting along and calling him Oppa like to her. Seeing his tireless heart to volunteer and help others (Same as CY). No wonder they are family and have big hearts. Looking forward to seeing CY with a loving family situation (she has been craving her whole lonely life thinking her Oppa abandoned her) to have a lovely big FAMILY. One of them is her friend Seo Jin, YD wife after her misunderstanding knows CY is a gem, GH knew after meeting her she was lovely (I Love the reverse charm from initial thinking she is very sharp but doesn't look it.) 

I love GH son, this young actor seeing him here and then later on other dramas ie the current hit as the younger Kang Tae in (Its Ok to not be Ok) was amazing. I have my eyes on him. Also situations that are realistic like GH having age/job discrimination. I am glad she decided to start working than loaf around at home (and we got to see her as the working woman she was prior to being married to her cheater spouse). Gosh only after he was told to ignore them (GH and son) and now he is dumped he wants her back. NO NO NO and good for her to not want him back. Who in their right mind would? He hasn't done anything enough to redeem himself. (Maybe a smidgeon when he apologized to her when his then gf/mistress bought all those clothes and asked GH to carry to the car to humiliate GH further. -What man can see his current person /partner treat your former partner with lack of respect like that?  GH has the right to be upset more than the mistress who is fake nice and a horrible person.)

Seeing DH journey from failed marriage to a not nice man (that actor seems to alot of mean guy roles though he is handsome he does play the pyscho/deranged aspect behind the handsome smile well) to learn to heal and gain more confidence. She was taken advantage of at the travel agency and let the colleague who sabotaged her go. She is a heart of gold helping GY mom's cafe--though she earns money she also is the balm to soothe a lonely widow with her sincere heart and hard work being reliable and sweet.  I love she overcame obstacles and transferred changed her major, thanks to JS love /encouragement and support did well in math part and is happily dating a MAN who wants her to be confident and be HER. I loved how he told her to stay true to herself but she can stand up and be firm in her way of speaking when she could not address clients asking her to do outrageous demands and walking all over her. (YES!) Her not being aware of her charm and having someone crush on her and not believing but JS being smart on the uptake about JW.  Then to later have JW and JS have a cute bromance, seeing the carefree JS being a Hyung was sweet. He always gets dogged on by his hyung. But their interactions are cute and fun too.

@cuplik I hear  you, I want the OTP to work out their issues more and not just be like--ok we have better communication and we missed each other. I hope there is more movement but like @eLizza I have been still invested in the drama. The superb acting all around and warmth, heart , laughter, sadness  are all that draw me back each week. I am so enjoying this journey of this lovely family.

edit: Some videos were posted --if posted already sorry!

Spoiler

Ok back to work but wanted to share some thoughts. Thanks for letting me do it here in this forum.

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

@acidrain33 Well we are at the home stretch the drama ends early September and is slated for 100 episodes.

So we are getting there with LONG Overdue siblings reunion and GJ and NH got together. Now is the journey to see how everything is tied up.

Again love that Seo Jin is talking now!

Love that GJ and NH are back together but I agree I want to see MORE development of them beyond what we have seen as GROWTH to see that the second time will be more successful. I did like that NH was more empathetic after seeing her parents in a good situation and rough patch to tell GJ to be nicer to his mom.

JS and HG back together and she was ok to let him stay in his stunt company. He needed to grow up and she struggled. But he learned when she was waiting for her diagnosis --he realized what he did wrong and was thinking from her perspective.

GH and her son are cute. Glad she is finally found something she is good and passionate about post divorce. Her ex wanting her back after being dumped by her ex friend and colleague who was trash. She was toxic and told him to stop seeing his son . Plus she was rude to GH at the shop that time. Despite all that, he catered to this obnoxious woman. Now he is dumped he trying to get GH back. Glad she is sticking to NOT wanting to be with him. HS is sweet and frankly I can see her being hesitant.  They are both at different stages in life.

Siblings Reunion (looking forward to the partying together) and also warm moments that CY/YS craved lacking in her empty life. Now that Monk Father passed , she has a family. Her dongsengs/colleagues are sweet and they formed their own family but still there was a hole in her heart like for YD for each other. Again I see that reunion scene-i cannot help but tear up and cry. 

GJ and JS mom hope she figures out what is wrong with her memory lapses while she is doing the drinking. Glad she and the mom are hanging out. Mom is realizing all sacrifice and no self care is NOT good. I hope YD appreciates his wife better. 

More cute scenes of JS and DH, but glad he is moving out. I think they need to go to next level in their relationship so we can hear wedding bells before the drama ends. I love Sadon couple!

Looking forward to tomorrow for my fix of this lovely weekend drama!

• Like 2

I look forward to weekends just because of Once Again!:D And I'm dreading September when the show ends!:cry: Maybe they should add more episodes? haha!

Can't wait for new sweet scenes between NH and GJ! My fave couple from day 1.

I just hope there's nothing seriously wrong with Gyujin's Mom, when I'm just starting to love her character. I hope her forgetfulness is just an effect of too much alcohol vs dementia. That'll be too sad! But it may be a way for her to be close to medical genius, haha, Na Hee again.

I'm also excited to see the real reunited siblings bond and catch up. I was bawling during last weekend's episode!

Can I just say how adorable all the 3 grand kids are? Really great casting. I can't praise this show enough.:blush:

• Like 2

“Once Again” Shares Sneak Peek Of Blossoming Romance Between Oh Yoon Ah And Ki Do Hoon

Oh Yoon Ah and Ki Do Hoon are officially starting a romantic relationship!

The weekend drama tells the story of four siblings following their individual lives and comparing their opinions on marriage and divorce.

Spoiler
Previously, Park Hyo Shin (Ki Do Hoon) confessed to Song Ga Hee (Oh Yoon Ah), but due to various circumstances, she couldn’t accept his feelings. One day, Park Hyo Shin vanished without a word because he had to attend a funeral, but Song Ga Hee thought he had run away from her and grew anxious about losing him. When he came back, she told him he could like her, and viewers are anticipating the next episode to see how their love story will progress.

On August 8, the drama revealed new stills of Park Hyo Shin and Song Ga Hee after she opened her heart up to him. It seems as if they’re going to take a scooter ride to somewhere. He extends a helmet to her, and she smiles sweetly in response as she accepts it.

The two arrive at a sports field, where Park Hyo Shin does something on the field while Song Da Hee waits for him on the concrete bench. They exchange warm smiles, and viewers are waiting for more heart-fluttering moments from them.

“Once Again” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 7:55 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1417836wpp/once-again-shares-sneak-peek-of-blossoming-romance-between-oh-yoon-ah-and-ki-do-hoon

• Like 2

A double date by Yoon Brothers and Hee Sisters

JS asked DH to marry him!!!

Preview ep 79 - 80 (ep 40)

Rough Trans

Man: Come inside!
YJ: Well the Song family whenever something happened, they'll come and gather so fast
OB: Your mother-in-law, I think she's not very well. She keeps being forgetful
GH ex: I have made up my mind. You have to think about Ji Hun
DH: What is the difference between dating and marriage?
NH: Well marriage is somewhat more stable and you'll have someone who is always by your side and dependable. But there's also some flaw about it
DH: Ahh I'm going crazy!
JS: She's taking a lot of time
GJ: We could have just live like this. Now that we're together, I can feel it 
DH: Okay. Let's go
JS: Right now? Immediately?!
DH: Now it's the moment! Hurry Up!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Urgh that preview can't Ga Hee just drop couple kick that punkass ex of hers. Like seriously how dare he say think of Ji Hun. This is the same Ji Hun he was willing to neglect and abandon because of the new skirt. Make it worse it wasn't even a stranger it was her "friend" who he also allowed to embarrass Ga Hee every chance they got. Man the whole family need to come out and throw salt on that slug. Think aunty will help her get rid of this pest.

Anyhoos :2540_meh: yup just add a a girly squeal and this was me when he proposed. So how's this gonna work? I'm guessing illness will make mum reassess life maybe and Na Hee will become her rock? 

• Like 5

See Writernim, we don’t need cancer or Alzheimer drama, fake sisters or gangster-lenders, what we need are the ridiculous little scrapes we all get ourselves into when we try to please everyone around us, when we try to deal with budding love, re-found love, our own childish insecurities - the everyday clashes and the coming together when we just try to understand each other, sometimes with success and sometimes without.
That’s what I love about the best weekend family dramas, sharing time for a while with many layered people who are like us with all their quirks. Yes, sickness and other unforeseen tragedies are a part of normal lives, but they don’t have to be in every K drama - especially at this time of social distancing and in many places, social unrest. A bit of intrigue and drama spices things up, but in family dramas, what we mostly crave is warmth and laughter for the heart and with that, this episode was filled to the brim!

(An aside :noticed they have given a lot of very small roles actual lines, which doesn’t always happen, kudos!)

• Like 2
  • Love 2

JS and DH

Spoiler

DH first reaction after hearing JS proposing to her is that she freaks out. She was so surprised and take a step back from him. JS took her aside and told her his reason for wanting to marry her. He points out he's changed his mind about his wish to stay unmarried since he met her. DH told him her worries, she still have long way until she graduated, not to mention it hasn't been long since her annulment and the hurt she gave to her parents. JS gave her more time to think carefully.

Spoiler

JS is waiting for DH to call him but the call won't come. DH looks like want to accept JS proposal. But she had a lot in her mind. She did imagine how her sweet life with JS after they married, but then she afraid with how her parents will react when she asked for their approval for marriage. 

Spoiler

JS is the one who call DH out for them to talk. DH still don't know about her answer to JS. JS gave something to help her. He gave many certificates (his studies achievement, his doctor, his toeic score, his health check up, his bank book). But among of many papers, the one that touches DH the most is his pledge or plan (?) to her. He writes his promises that even after they married, he won't hinder her studies and will put it as their first priority. 

Spoiler

They need the encouragement from alcohol before they can reveal their status to others. After both seemed to drink enough, DH led JS to her home, to let her parents know about their relationship and asking for approval for their marriage.

The family is enjoying their watermelon when DH ring the bell before she entered. She brought JS over and both on their knee ask for YD and OB permission for marriage. Well not really ask, they kind of demand for them to approve their wish to marry each other. :joy:

GJ and NH

Spoiler

GJ bought NH some coffee and bread for their breakfast. They're having a great time before their juniors came. They pretended to argue about their studies. The junior pitying GJ,  plans to introduce GJ to his cousin noona.

Spoiler

GJ is excited to finish his outpatients and want to have lunch date with NH but got dragged away by his junior. He forced GJ to have a blind date with his cousin in the hospital cafeteria. NH who is waiting for GJ to read her message, found him talking with another woman. GJ flustered when he saw NH even spilled his drink. He chased and explained to NH that he was forced to have a blind date. NH pouted and huffing but she actually just teasing him. Although she did glare to the junior who set up the blind date.

Spoiler

GJ wants to make up his mistakes, awkwardly ask NH for dinner, but NH refused because she is invited to the opening party of CY kimbap store. She still put an act that she's angry with GJ and GJ seemed lost. When he meet with the junior, he almost choke him. He threaten the junior to not talk or care about GJ well being anymore. 

They make up and have a date near Gangnam river. They eat chicken and beer. GJ refused to drink the beer because he need to drive NH home after their date. GJ rest his head on NH's lap and talk that he really appreciate their time like this. He also apologized to her, that before he accepted her divorce, he had hurt her with his word (by admitting that she was at fault about her miscarriage). NH accepted his apology with a quick kiss. Surprised with her action, GJ sit up and look at NH. Then they have a good kiss over the sunset view.

Preview for ep 81-82 (ep 41)

Rough trans

GH: Yoon Gyu Jin's brother, he wants to marry with Da Hee!
NH: They want to get married?!
DH: Mom!
CY: Calm down, okay?
JS: The only one left, my mother, should we also just reveal about us to her?
YJ: Jae Suk! Oh my, welcome Da Hee
CY: You should be the one who need to do it first. That's how couple work
GH: More than anything, Ji Hun is my priority. So what I mean is...
YD: Call Da Hee again
JS: Where on earth does she go?
GJ: She's not at home. I thought she would be with you

On 8/8/2020 at 8:31 PM, ck1Oz said:

DH has never been married?

She had, but it was annulled. After the wedding ceremony and party finished, on the same day at night she found out that her husband for one day is cheating on her. They fought and broke up.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5