[Drama 2020] Once Again, 한번다녀왔습니다

0ly40

same was wondering what happened to the headlock scene, but at least it's in the bts vid! haha

main thing about this weekend's episodes: it was a totally teary one! TT all the sisters had crying scenes!! and were really moving TT 

the preview for Sat tricked me into thinking that GH would give up cos of prioritising her son (which i am not against of cos, but would still be sad), but the Sat episode made me happy that it was just asking for more time, and then the Sun episode whacked me with her giving up cos her son got tricked by the father.. but so glad her son is totally on board with HS after that! his father is still his father, but didnt love or act like one till he had an agenda. it is disappointing for JH but i hope he realises he is super loved by other figures in his life and not be defined by his father's lack of love. 

i also like how the episodes start the same way with GH telling the other sister the shocking revelation loll

i actually thought the mums' acting were not too over the top, while i did think so previously. i think their love for their children in their own way showed through those performances. maybe i can relate cos i'm from an asian family, so i can understand their thoughts and feelings, though i hope i can not be like that in future, but who knows, familial habits run deep ><

for OB her reason is because of her daughter's past hurt, and am glad YD conveyed that to NH so she knows why OB opposes. i thought OB got touched too easily by GJ's confession of his own hurt but i guess she still has a soft spot for him and his sincerity. and i guess he sees his in-laws as family cos they emotionally support him while for his own mum he had to emotionally support her by himself so that burned him out. ironically they did not tap this support when they first needed it in their marriage.. could have asked the siblings at least, or maybe they were having their own problems then too =/ i hope GJ also resolves this issue with NH for their relationship sake too! 

one recurring sentence in this weekend's episode is: people don't change - used by the mums on the other mum's kid. maybe the show is challenging this notion? i've been mentoring an intern for 5+ months though and he really refuses to change.. even after he tries and fails multiple times, he doesnt listen or change.. @cuplik any advice?? haha

i like how JS was straightforward with his mum while DH was soft and pleading, they really compliment each other well! =) the brotherly love is nice too, when GJ apologised and JS said no need, and also when their mum said she would at most approve JS' marriage. 

one small detail but I also like how HG advised her husband! or rather how he listens to her wisdom. it's been seen throughout the series, and her wisdom's been a great help! must be where seo jin's helping genes come from xD

next week: looking forward to seo jin to the rescue again and oppa JS to take his hopefully-to-be brothers-in-law out xD

• Like 3

I don't agree that Na-Hee needs to discuss her miscarriage with Yoon-Jeong. Yoon-Jeong will very likely say something cruel and blame her. After all, she called Da-Hee "defective" and "damaged goods." And she likes Da-Hee. Imagine what she will say to the ex-DIL that she openly states that she hates.

And why does Na-Hee need to make herself vulnerable to earn Yoon-Jeong's approval? I am the first to agree that Na-Hee has an abrasive personality and can be a total brat to her mom. She's definitely not a people-pleaser type but she didn't do anything wrong. All she did is to just look out for herself and her needs.

Also, there is zero indication that it will make any difference. What matters to Yoon-Jeong is not Gyu-Jin and Na-Hee's relationship, whether they love or care about each other, or their feelings at all. She only cares how nice and obedient her DIL is to her. So it's not like she's going to say yes because she learns that Na-Hee suffered a miscarriage.

So Yoon-Jeong is the one with the problem. She has two sons who are genuinely decent people, and they are telling her that she is burdensome and is a negative factor in their lives. It's just like Gyu-Jin asked her: why won't she listen, and ever apologize or change? If everyone in your life is telling you that they have a problem with you, you need to take some responsibility for that instead of blaming all of them for not meeting your demands.

--

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/onceagain/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0420-01-170861,read,,43,805717

85-86회 미리보기 

규진과 윤정의 일을 알게된 나희는 규진에게 어머니를 다시 찾아가라고 설득하지만 지친 규진은 단호하게 거절한다. 그럼에도 윤정이 신경 쓰이는건 어쩔 수 없는데
재석과 다희는 혼자 있을 윤정을 찾아가지만 규진 편을 든다고 되레 쫓겨나고 만다.
한편 가희는 집으로 찾아온 효신이 아버지를 목격, 온가족이 효신의 숨겨진 사연을 알게 되는데..
오지라퍼 준선은 상심한 재석과 규진을 끼고 술을 마시게 되고. 술김에 최종 목적지로 고고! 과연 그들이 향한 곳은?

Episodes 85-86 Preview (translation):

Na-Hee finds out what happened with Gyu-Jin and Yoon-Jeong and tries to persuade him to go speak her again, but he firmly refuses. But she can't help but be concerned.

Jae-Seok and Da-Hee go to see Yoon-Jeong because she is alone, but she kicks them out, accusing them of being on Gyu-Jin's side.

Ga-Hee sees Hyo-Shin's father when he comes to visit their home, and the whole family finds out about Hyo-Shin's hidden story.

Nosy Joon-Seon drinks with Gyu-Jin and Jae-Seok. While drunk, they head to their last destination. Where are they going?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@letsgoa_s Aww cute thanks for sharing this video of the actress as DaHee. I enjoyed it.

@heartslined  Ohhh thanks for the BTS got to watch later.

@chickfactor Always on the ball with the previews and translations. Thanks so much!

I hear you about Yoon Jeong and Na Hee. I def feel that NH sharing about the miscarriage might shock her but not be helpful. My dad is like Yoon Jeong actually. Both people are not horrible people but have toxic ways of expressing themselves and very self absorbed and selfish. The world is all about them and heaven forbid you are not living up to their standards. So I am 100% on your side with that belief/comment.

@donutLover Thanks for your post. YUP I agree the previews about GH, HS , Ji Hun and the ex hubby. Glad in the end that Ji Hun (sweetie pie) supportive of mom. Also following his heart and experiences ditched camping on dad and went to HS for his judo session. (Ji Hun had his heart broken many times and waited HOURS that time to be taken out to go camping. HS was a sweetie to do roof camping with his stuff with Ji Hun. Also he helped Ji Hun deal with the bullies and had him take up judo to build strength, defensive skills, a and self confidence in himself. Where was his dad through all this? Exactly.

OB and GJ, I agree and did not think she forgave too easily. She always cared for GJ and for her to be cruel and mean initially was out of character for her too and must have not been easy.  BUT she does still care and knows about Yoon Jeong being a "piece of work" and tough to deal with. So she sympathized GJ plight I am sure. I am glad OB put her foot down to say get your mom on board first. She knew it would not be easy. She is the easier of the two moms. 

@coconut_lemon I hear you on the  plight of the moms. But there are some RARE moms who are just bio moms but don't act like a mom too. Of course those moms aside, I agree NH and GJ should have tried to foster some relationship with the mom. Though NH is abrasive, she is a good person and not bad otherwise GJ wouldn't have married her. She is not like DH (who is warm and sweet but can be thought of at Dim like Leech did say. Your only good point is you are dim and not bright). Leech also said that NH was smart but not practical (in terms of earning money /lucrative career).  Now NH is repenting and it is start. But I agree time is needed to rebuild and fix it. Rome was not build in one night. Even though DH was adored by YJ, she got harsh words. So NH if her miscarriage plight is known will not get YJ to like her anymore. But it might show when GJ was not there for NH ,  YJ could relate to that? (But that is asking for a lot.)  I think NH should be herself but change for the better.

IE when GJ said she should let others do something for her and don't just one up. So after that she let JR pay meals, she asked JR to buy a bracelet (when before she fought to kpay or not let him feel wanted.)  So she can learn and try. 

@foreverempress Agreed the OTP need therapy and counseling. Also time to rebuild trust and their relationships with each other's mom too. It is only the beginning. Sigh.

Saw this post---highlights of ep 81-82 (image on video is our Sadon couple)

Oh cool ep 83-82 highlights

Aww the midweek slump before the weekend.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

On 8/19/2020 at 9:37 AM, Nodame said:

@chickfactor Always on the ball with the previews and translations. Thanks so much!

I hear you about Yoon Jeong and Na Hee. I def feel that NH sharing about the miscarriage might shock her but not be helpful. My dad is like Yoon Jeong actually. Both people are not horrible people but have toxic ways of expressing themselves and very self absorbed and selfish. The world is all about them and heaven forbid you are not living up to their standards. So I am 100% on your side with that belief/comment.

I think we all know people like that. I definitely do. One thing interesting about them is that they really have no idea how they affect other people. Completely lacking in self-awareness, they truly believe that they are right and anyone who disagrees must be wrong.

Not that I am a perfect person, of course! But all anyone can do is try to rise above the toxic stuff and try to be more empathetic to others. :)

• Like 5

Oh @Nodame i feel you too on the dad department... my dad once made a really toxic comment on what happened to Sulli and I just had to verbally reprimand him. It’s really saddening on how people can easily judge others just like that. I think that’s what this series intend to represent, the power of communication. Most of the problems stemmed from lack of communication between the characters, and I love this series for it, it’s a very human thing, very relatable and it can happen to everyone. It’s even fitting when I think about it considering Seojin, a child who was mute, gained her voice, and with it she connected her family together. She’s the perfect embodiment of the story’s message. From silence to using her voice to bring everyone together, and I’m a sucker for it ;w; ngl the scene where Seojin first spoke made me tear up to this day

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Thanks for the comments/responses to @chickfactor and @Mocharel

I agree we are human. But I learned that I can control my responses and reactions. It is a work in progress as I know my dad will not change (cannot easily change he is 76). Same how we cannot expect GJ mom to change over night either.

But one thing I learned is the importance of words and how toxic they are and they CANNOT be taken back. My dad said something very toxic and hurtful, to this day I recall it. So when GJ mom was saying---oh I should not have said those things about DH (when she was planning to try to appease OB about DH and JS) until she bumped into NH and GY in his car. She (like my dad) just goes off without a car or consideration for the other person's feelings.

A few times my  mom and I (have tried doing what he said back to him--he hated it.) He can dish it but he cannot handle the same words back at him. We had to say---get a taste of your own medicine. He is a bit better but still overall hard to have him change completely. Still trying though, it is frustrating as he has a thick skin and deaf ears.

Spoiler

My dad too said stuff about BLM protests and I had to explain to him, what you see is one sided and not the whole story. But the fact I said it in a calm manner and explained you are seeing the those trying to make "bad" out of a peaceful protest. He was saying ALL protestors were bad and causing violence and mayhem. (I said that is NOT true.)

Because I framed in that way and use a gentle tone, he was receptive (surprisingly). We had a good talk about it. I am glad I made some headway with him. It is NOT the whole picture.

Looking forward to our weekend drama (gosh cannot believe it is ending next month.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

So, when the big brother met his brother in laws at the hospital and they decided to go out to get drinks, what did he do with his daughter? They never showed what happened to her. Makes you wonder if this is why the wife was angry based off the preview. LOL.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

I'm now thinking the Young Dal and You Suk reunion came too soon. She only had one scene today and she is one of my favorite characters after Da Hee. Is the Young Suk actress working on another project as well perhaps?

Many of the supporting character actors get multi-cast on other dramas so that could be a possibility.     

• Like 2

The thing about dementia is rough because there are three conditions that is similar too dementia that can also trigger dementia (also stress, surgeries, etc.). Brain Atrophy is brain shrinkage that will have similarities. She might have Alzheimer because it seems her long term memory is being impacted.

• Thyroid conditions at any age can and will look like dementia overtime (e.g. poor recall, brain fog, sleep disturbance, weight disturbance, etc.) and will trigger/exacerbate it. 
  • Alcohol impacts the hippocampus (long term memory) and amygdala (short term memory).
  • Strokes (TIA, etc.)

Hopefully she just have a brain tumor. Those types of diseases are devastating to the person and their family.

• Insightful 6

Just my $0.25. Change or no change is for everyone, not just for the irritating person, but for the person that is irritated as well. People always promote change often never really look at their own character flaws or dynamics and how that contributes to the relationship dynamics. Most people only like to accept and then approve of people that are like them or have the same values. Those that do not have similar mindsets in a relationship will either be verbally beaten into submission or agreement, emotionally blackmailed, or passively aggressively beaten into submission or agreement because the other party comes in with the high mindset that their views are morally or relationally superior to the person they are communicating with. It is like the blind leading the blind which brings me to Mother and son. This relationship was not fleshed out; it has always been shown one-sided Gyu Gin passive with mother, but HAS HIS mother's aggressive traits towards his wife when they were in bad shape. He hates his mother, but he really hates himself because he is just like her. He is kind to his MIL like his mother is kind to her future DIL even before the dating scandal. Gyu has a distorted view regarding his relationship with his mother. They have had poor boundaries and when his marriage was failing; those failing boundaries were okay. This show for the most part has been surface level which is why we do not completely understand Mother or son. My view is that he was and is still bratty. You cannot emotionally blackmail someone into changing. How about some introspection and change your damn self! Mother cannot emotionally blackmail her son into not being with his ex-wife; that is controlling-both of them is controlling. However, you only get one mother. He was talking to his mother like a damn 3 year old bratty child that lost his favorite toy.

:cries3:

I would think twice about remarrying a man that seeks to cut ties instead of understanding each other and trying to heal together. Those avoidant character traits manifests in more than one way and those same traits were present through the miscarriage. The mother, in addition to the dementia route they are going with is obviously an alcoholic, is lonely, and does not have a great network of friends. I wonder if she is an only child.:flushed:

Although she (Gyu Jin's mom) has worked my nerves this entire season, I strongly empathize with her and sympathize with her. Even with that, she is brutal as well as kind; very split. You are either in or out with her; there is no in-between. She will fight to the death for her child, but is overly enmeshed with her child-he is NOT your husband. Imagine carrying your child for 10 months in your beautifully stretched uterus supporting life in the womb, for that life out of the womb to state that he will cut ties with you if you do not support the reunion of the woman you divorced that you dislike? Wait a minute. What? Where they do that at? :surprisedwut:  :waitwhat:

She is overwhelmed and is emotionally overloaded.

What the hell lesson is Gyu Jin teaching his mom? He is still a student himself!  :facepalm:

I will be frank and I mean frank. I have always said that the main couple was never really fleshed out well to begin with. Even their reunion rings hollow. It is normal for couples that separate to rekindle feelings because they are no longer living with each other, no longer obligated to care, and are no longer legally responsible for one another outside any court agreements. What ever relationship dynamics they had while living together that caused their issues are gone. Time and distortion allows that couple to romanticize their issues w/o truly understanding the rose colored glasses they are wearing. They are seeing their relationship through emotionally lenses when they need to see their relationship through all pertinent dynamics. The test of their relationship long term will depend on how he squares things with his mom. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

@tiMadam Thanks for Saturday clip & preview for Sunday 

@heartslined @letsgoa_s I finally just watched the BTS. So the headlock from what I gather- what situation of the headlock from Youngdal. JS says I want to be your son in law! Then at end of the BTS JS mentioned mosquito (being bit by one?) This us what I caught with mr non fluent Korean skills.

@kboramint I hope Joo Seon dropped off Seo Jin as that couldn’t be quitting yet and they could have met up again. I like to think that was the case so they didn’t show it. 

@rolisrntex  @acidrain33 I agree I love Sadon couple and CY/YS too! Yes all these actors are in other projects as well. I see her in other dramas. I second @kboramint

@dramaninja I agree I was saddened by GJ mom’s memory lapses too. Though I know she has a sharp tongue, she is not an evil person . Heartbreaking and glad that NH stopped and went to her. Yikes that she usually is nasty when she sees NH but instead of her usual barbs she pitifully and sadly said where do I live?! Yikes! Glad there is an intervention and meeting that NH initiates! Plus glad she pushes GJ too for their sakes to reconcile too.

@foreverempress Thanks for the research and causes of memory loss whether genetic or alcoholism induced. Yikes!

Also thanks for your insightful post about GY and mom.  See your points on their personalities and behavior thanks so much. On the final stretch not sure how much they will show development of their relationship. 

I agree I would like a but more on the OTP working on themselves . GJ and Mom in a way it was written seems realistic as he has NEVER decided to get help or be empathetic to his mom. (Not easy and not he spared a thought to think in his mom’s shoes. ) Yeah it was easy to be the revered and beloved son in law as OB heaped love and affection to him. Only now he saw her tough side after the divorce and for the reconciliation. Still not to the level of his mom’s toxic words.

Getting mental help still being something not stigmatized in Asia like the West is not the same level of social acceptance. Though more people get it , it is still frowned upon from what I gather. So people with foibles and their imperfections  to written well is not easy. (Not going to lie not perfect but well written was the recent hit IOTNBO which I thought was amazing and the plot did have its holes. But the growth of the main Trio was well done and shown in 16 episodes too. I would have loved this for our OTP too.

@foreverempressbrings up great points. I wish there was more mature actions instead of cutting off ties (not a mature method) . I agree GJ dealing with his mom was needed but extreme. Probably the stress of losing her son stresses her body’s d triggered her memory lapses to be more severe abs frequent perhaps? I wouldn’t be surprised.

This episode I did catch and missed CY. 

- Dad being jealous of his wife and sister and CY he being close after Butcher Yang and the aunt were having their lovers quarrel lol.

- GY and JS getting money and having to return to YD was hilarious (One saying isn’t it our cab fare? DH note Oooh JS got 50,000 won Bill (1 more than GJ lol.) True YD is favorable to both when talking to  his wife . I liked he liked his bright personality and obvious love for DH. The comment of being jealous of JS and YD as father/son relations and OB heard. Aww. Glad YD didn’t mind these sweet guys could call him dad. Hearing her wouldn’t let them leave (actually I am glad they slept over). Gave them chance to have more face time with OB. Glad dad got OB status on the guys waiting to hear from his friend about her daughters. I agree. GJ needs to go not OB to his mom as YD suggested.

Aww YD was amazing to HS dad saying he is our family and I support his decision.  Glad HS dad saw where HS lived and hopefully open his heart a bit more to his son. Aww the look on HS face. Then JS saying others I told you his physical conditioning was not an ordinary person but of an athlete. Plus his judo background made stunt work a piece of cake for him.

SJ being sweet to JS and I loved it. Even Joo Seo smiled and was reluctantly won over seeing how sweet Jae Suk treated Seo Jin .lol GJ loaning  money gotcha helped JS not being mean as he was a supporter of his stunt men biz. I am glad the guys all had bonding time. Though it was awkward it was needed. Have some drinks and anju and you are set. (No wonder Korean dramas have the future father in laws drink with their future son in law. ( it is true I heard many of my dongsengs now husbands go through this rite of passage.

Glad JS and DH checked on mom but glad DH knows more about JS ie at times he maybe smart and have a great personality he can be clueless. Turning off his mom when mentioning himself and DH (not the time - I agreed with DH) . Sure enough this ticked off GJ mom.

GH got a new office and HS father saw him smile with GH. (A surprise to him). Glad she had a nice meal with her adorbs son and HS. Baby steps and loving it. Her jealousy of NH and DH United now due to their love of JS and GJ.

GJ, JS and JS all spouting their woman is the best and prettiest. I loved it! GJ saying NH beauty behind her intelligence. DH gorgeous to JS and not just puppy cute . JS saying his wife is gorgeous and she is. Glad all three were loyal to their women.

Omg in a few hours is the next episode and 3am here. I need to sleep. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/onceagain/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0420-01-170861,read,,44,805827

87-88회 미리보기 

나희는 거리에서 길을 헤매고 있는 윤정을 목격하고, 정신차린 윤정은 자신을 도와주려는 나희를 매몰차게 거절하고 자리를 피한다. 나희는 고민 끝에 윤정에게 검사를 받아보시는게 어떠냐고 제안하는데.

애써 유도를 외면하고 일상을 보내는 효신에게 가희는 유도를 다시 시작해 보는게 어떠냐고 이야기하고, 효신은 가희에게 속마음을 터놓는다. 그런 효신 앞에 찾아온 사람은?

한편 심해진 치매 증상 때문에 고민하던 윤정은 나희에게 연락해 재석과 규진에게는 알리지 말고 같이 검사를 받으러 갈 것을 부탁한다. 옥분과의 약속이 있었던 나희는 규진에게 부탁을 하게 되는데..

Episodes 87-88 Preview - translated

Na-Hee sees Yoon-Jeong lost and wandering in the streets. When Yoon-Jeong regains her senses, she coldly refuses Na-Hee's help and leaves. After much thought, Na-Hee suggests that Yoon-Jeong should get a medical exam.

Hyo-Shin avoids judo with difficulty and lives his daily life. Ga-Hee suggests that he try judo again, and Hyo-Shin bares his heart to her. And someone come to see him, who could it be?

Yoon-Jeong suffers severe symptoms of dementia and contacts Na-Hee and requests that Na-Hee take her to get a medical exam without letting Gyu-Jin know. And Na-Hee, who had plans with Ok-Boon, asks Gyu-Jin to go instead..

--

Low-lights of Saturday's episode:

I don't mean to make light of dementia. We are all mortal and our bodies won't last forever. But this a work of fiction, so whhhhyyyy. Not a fan of this storyline at all.

I would have liked it if Yoon-Jeong and Na-Hee eventually reached an understanding in an organic way - through talking things out, with both making effort to understand each other. But no, let's use the illness trope. :huh: No emotional labor, just toss some disease into the mix. That is probably easier to write.

So Yoon-Jeong will accept Na-Hee due to her personal need. And she'll accept Da-Hee. By giving permission to both her sons, she gains a personal doctor and a personal maid. (I'm sure Ok-Boon will love this.)

Ga-Hee wins the husband sweepstakes because her man is younger and hotter than all of them. Yay, Ga-Hee.

And I miss Cho-Yeon. I'm glad Brother and Sister finally reunited, but now that means we don't get any Cho-Yeon anymore? Bummer.

Highlights of this episode:

The Yoon boys and the Song men drinking together. When things are awkward, crack open the soju. It's the Korean way.

Loved Yeong-Dal and his ritual of giving money while drunk and taking it back the next morning. Jae-Seok doesn't know this ritual yet! I guess he will learn.

Da-Hee giving a piggyback ride to Jae-Seok. :lol: Why are they so cute?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3