[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

6 minutes ago, GlowWithTheFlow said:

I can’t say it enough but just how much more ridiculously good can they be together? Every scene together is naturally acted out that it isn’t RJH/SR anymore. Like someone mentioned, they’re really going to disappoint an entire nation if they don’t get together

Exactly my thoughts! My heart hurts when they are hurting, I laugh when he is being over-protective, I break out into a massive smile when they are enjoying their simple yet hard earned time as a couple.

After all those more than realistic scenes tonight, I am a gone case with these two. :love:

@Kyoya  Me too! HB (or is it RJH?) was too cute for words showing off his battle scars. Reminds me so much of their Swoon interview, him being all smart and smug about it (using shortened terminology like what youngsters do these days in Korea, to describe the must watch reason for their drama) and showing his ingenious side to SYJ.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10

16 hours ago, Elbe Em25 said:

I am sorry if what i will say make everyone mood turn away round. But i prefer not to compare uri BinJin with some other celebrities relationship. I dont want to mention any other celebrities relationship here because here is BinJin thread. And furthermore, some relationships not end well.

I understand because those are relationships that we have seen. Thats why we tend to compare. By comparing it will put too much hope. When to much hope pile up, it could be dangerous.

How about make it fresh and embrace the uniqueness in BinJin itself? So that GroceryNation and GroceryCouple grow together well. Just my humble opinion. 

Spreading positive vibes here :wub: !

I understand and respect your opinion but I think there's nothing wrong to compare them with a good relationship out there and of course with due respect to both couple. 

Refering to the part where you say that by comparing them with some other couples will put too much hope and it could be dangerous, I'm sorry but I have to desagree with you. If we don't really think they're togheter, what's the point to be here?

I agree that every relationship is unique but the fact that as human being we act at some point the same, specially when we're inlove, It's ok to compare. Otherwise, how do we know when two people are inlove if it's not because we already compared their reactions with some else behave when inlove, maybe even an acquaintance, in our heads?

I'm sorry if I sound hard, but if someone is too sensible to feel bad by the hope we spread in here I think that person is in the wrong place.

I hope you don't feel offended but I had to say it :)

• Like 2

Watch this scene and see the reaction or the acting of SYJ and HB ‘s smile at how much YSR love the picture taken by pprazzi . My delulu mind said maybe their staff or writernim or even them know about this thread and they tease us yorobun :phew:

Spoiler

Thank you very much SYJ HB  and I love the secret romance of the actor, I am OK being tease like this by them and #ingrocerywetrust :wub:

• Like 6
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, Blue7 said:

It’s always so funny to me how different cultures react to things. In the United States if there was a top drama with two leads that had a dating rumor, many agencies would actively allow little pictures and tidbits in the press to drive up viewership and ratings. Like when Brad and Angelina did Mr. and Mrs. Smith. So many people went to the theater to see if the rumors about red hot chemistry and an affair between the two were true. You left applauding the plot, the action scenes and overall performance of everyone but you went to get a sneak peek at Brangelina.  In Korea, it seems like the exact opposite.

I was surprised that VAST did that work to remove the seemingly harmless picture. But I respect the desire for privacy and to not lose focus on the show even if I don’t understand it and it’s culturally very different than what I’m used to. 

reflections on the drama that aren’t 100% BinJin related 

While I like episode 13. I’m also not surprised in the ratings drop. The competition for Saturday night got a lot steeper with Itaewon Class and given some people feeling like the continued longing looks of between the RiRi couple are getting stale and overused it feels like the romance element of this romantic comedy is moving at a slower pace. Not to compare but the average viewer it becomes a choice between new unpredictable characters on the IC or a slowly progressing dynamic between characters who are stuck in a confess and stare routine. 

Both the bridge and the ring exchange were touching moments but missed opportunities to really invest the viewers into the relationship progress between the main characters. 

And frankly it doesn’t feel all that believable. They are in love with each other, want to have each other’s babies, exchange commitment rings, realize they are destined to be together and there reaction is to stare into each other’s eyes and rub hands. I don’t care how conservative you are, the awkward absence of physical contact in these moments feels disconnected and incongruous to what the writer wants us to believe about the depth of emotional connection. I found myself yelling at the screen in these moments even more than I was yelling at the guys to call an ambulance in the end. 

If we are going to hit our goal of twin digits (22%) then I hope the writer doesn’t fall into the trap of several of her other dramas that had similar storylines and pushes the dynamic between our RiRi couple in ways that are surprising. That doesn’t have to mean a graphic bed scene but it needs to be something more than giving us another set of side profile loving look wide angle shots. 

I thought I was the only one screaming to the screen on those scenes you just mentioned. I was like: "The kiss, give me a kiss scene!!!"

You're right, it's not realistic their reaction to those romantic moments and it doesn't give the feeling they're deeply inlove.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YuSanSeul said:

WOW THESE TWO! No discredit to their acting and I know SYJ is known for her tear jerking crying scene but this scene between them two is just too real. Yes, I get that it is their characters and emotions that they are immersed in, but has anyone else ever seen HB cry so realistically?....

they talked about bringing out the best of each other (last part of this interview).

Son Ye-Jin and Hyun Bin Talk About Their Characters in "Crash Landing on You"

By Marj Ramos Clemente - Dec 19, 2019

Have you watched Netflix's newest K-drama yet?

Son Ye-Jin and Hyun Bin Talk About Their Characters in "Crash Landing on You"

IMAGE: NETFLIX

We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Crash Landing on You is officially our new K-drama addiction. Written by Park Ji-eun (My Love from the Star and Legend of the Blue Sea), a romantic comedy about a North Korean soldier and a South Korean heiress falling in love and going against all odds is more than enough to tug at our heartstrings. It has that tried-and-tested, classic Romeo-and-Juliet plot that we all love, but with a modern fantasy twist that keeps us guessing what’s going to happen next. And as if that isn’t enough, the drama also brings together two of the most sought-after stars in South Korea—Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin—giving us all the more reason to stay glued to our Netflix-streaming screens.

Preview had the chance to fly to Seoul earlier this month for the press conference of Crash Landing on You and for a roundtable interview with the cast. Below, we catch up with Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin about their newest drama, its most fashionable moments, and their similarities to the characters they portray.

cloy-2.jpg

PHOTO BY NETFLIX

Please tell us about your characters in Crash Landing on You. 

Hyun Bin: In the series, I play the character Ri Jeong-hyeok, who is an elite North Korean military captain. He is a man of principle and never makes compromises in support of injustice, but he can be quite sweet and considerate toward people he truly cares about and sometimes can even be a little clumsy. I hope many of you enjoy the series.

Son Ye-jin: I play the character Yoon Se-ri, who is the heiress of a conglomerate and part of the 0.001% of the high-class society of South Korea.

cloy-4.jpg

PHOTO by  NETFLIX

What made you decide to join the cast?

Son Ye-jin: When I first was told about the synopsis, I thought, ‘Wow, it’s such an original idea.’ I found it very interesting—and I always stay very objective when I read a script, and the script was so fun to read. It wasn’t just Yoon Se-ri that was interesting to me, but I felt that the situations that all of the characters were in and their lines were very interesting. That’s why I decided that I had to do this project. My character, Yoon Se-ri, has very diverse aspects. She’s only known successes in her entire life, but then, she faces the biggest crisis of her life as she crash-lands in North Korea in an accident, and the various aspects of Se-ri that we see as she interacts with the people in North Korea can be sometimes a bit goofy and quite fun to watch.

Hyun Bin: I think all the members of the cast probably feel the same way. The script by writer Park Ji-eun was fun to read. I was especially intrigued by the unexpected turns of events in the story. It was very captivating to see how a lot of the scenes didn’t quite meet our expectations and evolved into interesting directions that we didn’t foresee. And of course, my character Jung-hyeok himself was also interesting to me. I’d played a lot of characters who are fiercely dedicated to achieving a single goal, but I thought I wanted to do something more lighthearted, positive, and fun. Luckily for me, it was then that I came across Crash Landing on You, and I’m having a lot of fun filming the series. Hopefully, it’ll be an entertaining series for the audience to watch, too.

cloy-6.jpg

PHOTO BY NETFLIX

How similar are you to the characters that you portray in the series?

Son Ye-jin: I consider myself as quite goofy and lively in real life, but because I’ve played a lot of serious characters or characters in a romance, a lot of people seem to associate me with that image. Playing Yoon Se-ri is fun and entertaining. She speaks her mind freely, but she’s so positive and lively that you can’t dislike her. And we’ve been filming for a few months now, so I feel like I’m about 70 to 80 percent similar to Yoon Se-ri these days. 

Hyun Bin: I think I’m about 60% similar to my character. I think I’m quite similar to him in that I also don’t express myself very much and I’m not very talkative.

cloy-7.jpg

PHOTO BY NETFLIX

For Son Ye-jin… We last saw you in Something in the Rain. How different is Yoon Jin-a compared to Crash Landing on You’s Yoon Se-ri? 

Son Ye-jin: My character in Something in the Rain was realistic. She was just a regular working woman around my age. It was a very grounded character and I could portray her in a very natural and realistic manner as if I was living an everyday life; whereas Se-ri in Crash Landing on You is truly a character of a fantastical world. She has a lot of lines, and writer Park has a way of delivering the essence of the lines in a very fun way.

cloy-3.jpg

PHOTO BY NETFLIX

You play the role of a fashionable heiress who is likened to Paris Hilton of Hollywood. Does this mean we can expect a lot of fashionable moments from you in the drama? 

Son Ye-jin: Yes, definitely. And fortunately, during the first episodes I get to show you the fancy and very beautiful wardrobe of Se-ri, the CEO; but unfortunately, mid-first-episode I crash-land in North Korea, meaning I’m gonna have to be surviving in a single outfit. So you should be able to see the difference between the very fancy outfits [of my character] as a CEO and of course the North Korean style wardrobe.

Is your personal taste in style and clothing similar to your character?

Son Ye-jin: Yoon Se-ri’s outfits tend to be a little bit exaggerated because she’s the CEO of a fashion brand and there’s a lot of bling in her outfits. I don’t really think that reflects my personal style because I don’t think that it’s a style that really befits me. I feel like I’m more geared toward the natural style, but shooting scenes with such elaborate and fancy outfits, I think it made me feel a little bit more confident and powerful. Also that was a role that I wasn’t able to play during my previous projects so that was interesting. But to answer your question straightforwardly, I don’t think that reflects my personal taste.

cloy-5.jpg

PHOTO BY NETFLIX

As for Hyun Bin, we last saw you in Memories of the Alhambra as Yoo Jin-woo. How different is the Hyun Bin we’re going to see in Crash Landing on You this time around?

Hyun Bin: I think both characters share the characteristic that they’re both very responsible for the role that’s given to them, but I would say the biggest difference between the characters Yoo Jin-woo and Ri Jeong-hyeok is the sense of purity and innocence that would be a lot more conveyed through this new character.

If you were to crash-land anywhere in the world, where would you crash-land and what would you bring with you?

Hyun Bin: Hopefully it’s somewhere completely new, somewhere I haven’t traveled before either for a trip or to shoot anything, and hopefully there’s nature around me—I would love that. As for the objects…my cellphone, passport, and cash? (Laughs.)

Son Ye-jin: I would love to crash-land in Africa. It’s actually one of the agendas on my bucket list, and also I really love animals. I’d love to visit Africa and hopefully I could take with me a notebook so that I could write a diary. 

cloy-1.jpg

PHOTO BY NETFLIX

You both previously starred in The Negotiation back in 2018, so it’s not your first time working together. How is it like working on a romantic comedy for a change?

Hyun Bin: When we were shooting The Negotiation, we were in a conflict situation. We were opposing against each other, and also we were in separate areas in terms of actual shooting so it was quite different for this one because this show was a lot more bubbly. It was a lot more fun… And also because it’s our second time working on something, it was better for us to share different ideas and how to make each scene better, so I think I’m having a lot more fun this time. 

Son Ye-jin: I think it’s a little bit more complex than just to say it’s better just because it’s the second time working together. I think there’s a lot of positivity that we’re able to create these characters and these very unique roles together. First of all, it is a rom-com, but it’s a story of two people getting to know each other and falling in love despite very difficult circumstances. So we could say that it’s almost a rom-com melodrama fantasy and all of these areas have to be shown through our acting, meaning it requires a lot of depth in our acting skills as well. In that sense, I think we both really worked hard on it and it was a great opportunity to do so.

cloy-8.jpg

PHOTO BY NETFLIX

How did you build or strengthen the chemistry between your characters while filming the show?

Son Ye-jin: It would be really great if actors could create a certain type of chemistry if they could force it or make it, however that’s always not the case. I think it’s something that has to come naturally. Particularly when we do melodramas, the most important thing there is the interaction between the leads where you just have to 'get' the other actor. By that, I mean you have to understand the other person’s acting patterns and what they’re aiming for; you have to be really quick to catch what they’re trying to do and you have to build on that rapport, so I would say that only by doing so would create a win-win situation for both actors.

Hyun Bin: Just to add to that, I agree with what she said. But also in rehearsals it depends on what kind of acting skills the other person has prepared, and also according to what direction the director wants us to act. Sometimes we will tweak what we have prepared for a particular scene according to that, and also depending on the acting of the other person as well as their reaction to my acting. I think we’re able to check each other’s acting during the rehearsal and share some ideas as to how we can make the scene better. So ultimately when we’re actually shooting, we will bring the best out of each other. 

Is there anything you'd like to add before we wrap up?

Son Ye-jin: We’re doing our best for every single scene and working very passionately despite the cold weather. I’m sure this will be a very fun series for you to enjoy. Please keep an eye out for the release of the series. Thank you! 

Hyun Bin: Our series tells both heart-fluttering and heart-warming story set in the most unexpected background, and I hope that it will bring unexpected joy to the audience this winter. I hope you enjoy the series. Thank you.

Crash Landing on You is now streaming exclusively on Netflix.

source: https://www.preview.ph/culture/crash-landing-on-you-interview-with-son-ye-jin-and-hyun-bin-a1964-20191219-lfrm

• Like 11
  • Love 5

Did anyone notice the part when seri says "they did not catch the crucial moment"? i think the screenwriter is lowkey referring to their grocery shopping in the US. And also that "channel 20" thingy they mentioned in the interview too lmaooooo

• Like 2
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, grosbisous said:

Did anyone notice the part when seri says "they did not catch the crucial moment"? i think the screenwriter is lowkey referring to their grocery shopping in the US. And also that "channel 20" thingy they mentioned in the interview too lmaooooo

Yes yes “ the channel 20”. HB and SYJ set up certain TV channel on the same channel number haha. Writer-nim is definitely BInjin shipper! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

I can't believe they managed to keep straight face and have a scene like this!! They are not even tired of the whole rumors per day, they are actually laughing at everyone - can't tell if the writers trolled them, or BinJin are trolling us and the paparazzi as well. 

a. making up silly excuses about the picture 

b. taking a laugh about how good this picture was with his shoulder line 

c. She forgot to add " me and my bodyguard we are good and close friends" 

CEO denial closer - had super pokerface on spot !! I salute BinJin for actually being "brave" and doing this. I mean the writers wouldn't add it if the actors weren't on board with it , like the whole nation is aware of their rumors. 

Regarding their reunion, their chemistry and acting ability gave us such a good and heartbreaking scene that you can't tell if it's real or not. Kudos to both!! We know our melo queen wasn't feeling well when they filmed this episode, you can notice it . Not only from poor SYJ ....they deserve awards . All of them!! 

I hope the writer will be able to give us a satisfying ending that we won't pull our hairs out !!! Let's hope !! It's one week for the ending? How does this happened? Can we have more? We need more of them together on our screens!! We are that greedy for their chemistry and talent! 

• Like 8
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

Long time lurker and fan of this couple and first time poster, the excitement made me jump in finally! Want to thank all the shippers here who have beautifully captured the subtle to bigger things, you guys are my soul sisters! :wub:

I'm so excited, nervous and scared of what's to come after cloy ends next week...wish they don't keep us waiting too long...I need confirmation! 

I noticed one thing in ep 13, maybe someone pointed out already, it made me wonder how closely our leads & their team is monitoring the comments here..the pic of ring on HB was already out and people were trying to find a pic of SYJ with one, she posted a pic on IG (the 2nd one) in a white outfit and her hand was strategically cut off...but then, that's the exact episode where the ring exchange happened. She was technically wearing one in that pic and she deliberately covered it up. It was between shoots but she didn't remove it...maybe I'm reading too much between the lines but I can't help myself..this couple is so AWARE of what they are doing to us! 

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

15 minutes ago, phoenixember said:

Comrades, good morning! 5 more days to episode 15. My heart isn't ready yet.

Care to share what is "CEO denial"? I might have missed this. :sweatingbullets:

Hyun Bin is VAST’s CEO, so any denial statement issued by VAST was apparently faked, ah sorry, directed by Mr CEO.

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, MiahTran said:

Yes yes “ the channel 20”. HB and SYJ set up certain TV channel on the same channel number haha. Writer-nim is definitely BInjin shipper! 

Lol. Im not sure if the writer is trolling BinJin, or BinJin is the one trolling the us :lol: If they actually went grocery shopping together in the series wearing black outfits, that'd be so good :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 11