[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I also noticed from comments on twitter that many say that they will wait until the show reaches the half point, before they start watching. I guess that also affects the ratings... I hope today will be better

Saturday ratings are going to be tough, with same time-slot Itaewon Class being so popular, and Queen Love and War nearing its finale soon. Also we have Stove League and  Crash Landing on You although airing 1-2 hours earlier but will still somehow siphon some busy viewers who only have time to watch one drama a day. Hopefully Sunday will be better although we still have to compete with the finale for Queen Love and War tonight.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

14 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

It was a red herring. The dogs must have barked because the employee entered his office, while the viewers were led to believe that they had found his animal hospital.

Ah ok my bad.

But actually aside from all those loopholes, I find ep 3 pretty fast-paced and exciting. Only thing is they blurred out so many things which I wanted to see.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, noor1 said:

they really need to pick up pace of this show to move things forward in an episode as opposed to taking forever to catch a guy (any guy) and taking forever to see what as a viewer is painfully obvious from the start, with the main story stuck and character arcs stuck too. 

This comment! I really hope they start focusing on character development. Both SY and OHJ are built with such rich opportunities for character development and I hope the writers won’t squander this chance! My guess is Voice was a hit and they are probably hoping to keep the same elements. Unfortunately to me Voice had super poor character development.

Also, I don’t enjoy the cases much, reminded me of all the chasing on Voice. I think they should honestly sell the show from the angle of keeping the killers (not The Guy only) ambiguous, having multiple suspects, bring them in for questioning and have Oh Hyun Jae question them in the police station with and “Make the judgment”. I honestly would prefer the writers use his profiler skills to crack down the culprits by assessing them in the detention room than for him to tell SY what to do and run around to save people. 

• Like 5

After my previous comment, I just wanna say: I hope he stops being a recluse and get out of the room soon :sweat_smile: he needs to interact with the criminals. His scenes with Soo Young are promising and the most interesting - potentially healing, but his scenes with Hwa Young are just so cold...brrr... it’s like there’s an enmity between them!!!

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

After my previous comment, I just wanna say: I hope he stops being a recluse and get out of the room soon :sweat_smile: he needs to interact with the criminals. His scenes with Soo Young are promising and the most interesting - potentially healing, but his scenes with Hwa Young are just so cold...brrr... it’s like there’s an enmity between them!!!

But he is supposed to be a recluse, we cannot have him out of his room so soon 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

And he did not even kill her, when it only takes 2-3 hammer blows - 5 seconds max - to do the task (!) A real killer would've finished her off and them tried to run away! So what was the point of gratuitous shots of her being tortured? Not cool.

Could it be he hated women? It was said that his wife is in "missing" mode. Could it be he killed her as well or could it be she left him with another man? Thus he wanted revenge on women, just to torture them. This is just my guess.

Why would a rookie cop with zero crime fighting experience go in a container after a seasoned serial killer, when she could've waited outside for backup / her partner to arrive? The exact same thing happened in leash guy's apartment too (where she picked up a ballpoint to defend herself!) I think contrived situations are being created just for the sake of some drama / filling air-time.

Agree. Just to make audience anxious but it is questionable. I thought they should work in pair incase something happen to 1 person, there's another one to call for backup. 

Jang Hyuk's scenes with SY were few and the conversation wasn't deep or informative. I think the idea of J-drama 'Remote' was better, where she works solely with the immobile detective. In this show, there is an entire team and noise, and frankly why does anyone need Jang Hyuk? What purpose does he fill for investigation? Couldn't anyone solve petty murder cases before him? 

I enjoyed OHJ moments with SY but I'm with you on this. And I hope not the entire drama we're going to see SY using her memory abilities to solve cases while the rest of the senior cops are redundant & I hope not to see OHJ just sitting at his dark room giving promptings to SY to think & remember what she saw.

The room is dark - yes it's supposed to be dark but for audience sake, could it be a little brighter so that we could see clearly his face or expression & I can't stand that big sunglasses.

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

And about the vet killing scene, he was in another building right? How did he hear the police banging on the door of his old office? I thought it was the basement of the same office initially but it was apparently not as CSY had to run a few streets to locate the wall with flowers.

Ya me also thought that it's the vet basement but how come SY ran afew streets? Writer-nim confused? And if the dogs barked at the other building, he could hear & see people coming to him? Remember the cctv that he could see? Am I the one confused now?

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I think maybe they used to be a team working together 5 years ago. Remember when he was driving to his fiancee, she was driving to there too. But drama didn't show what happened after the explosion. He probably was believed to be dead that's why he's in recluse. They still work together but they're just professional friends. 

Could it be OHJ personality is like that after the explosion? He closes his heart, his mind & shut himself thus no one is able to reach him (except SY maybe). And if OHJ is supposed to be non existant to the public or to the killer, doesn't HY going to his apartment causes suspicious? Would anyone have followed her?

When the forensic pathologist was examining the deceased body, HY phoned OHJ & put the phone into her pocket. This is to allow OHJ to know what's going on. From here we can see already the type of trust & friendship they have. 

I have a question (sorry if it's a weird question). The scar on OHJ face looked red & raw. Wasn't this 5 years ago? Would it still be this red & raw?

And that spectacle guy who used to be a team with HY and OHJ too. He seemed to know OHJ isn't dead. I wonder if he's a bad guy too. 

• Like 4

If you all look closer at this , they are all OHJ photos except the one at the top middle. That guy pic was crossed out. Could he be the real mint candy guy who really died in the explosion? So his accomplice (the younger one) came to look for OHJ for revenge? 

And I find it strange that he has OHJ's post accident pics too. So he knows OHJ is alive?

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Agree. Just to make audience anxious but it is questionable. I thought they should work in pair incase something happen to 1 person, there's another one to call for backup. 

I enjoyed OHJ moments with SY but I'm with you on this. And I hope not the entire drama we're going to see SY using her memory abilities to solve cases while the rest of the senior cops are redundant & I hope not to see OHJ just sitting at his dark room giving promptings to SY to think & remember what she saw.

I think maybe they used to be a team working together 5 years ago. Remember when he was driving to his fiancee, she was driving to there too. But drama didn't show what happened after the explosion. He probably was believed to be dead that's why he's in recluse. They still work together but they're just professional friends. 

Could it be OHJ personality is like that after the explosion? He closes his heart, his mind & shut himself thus no one is able to reach him (except SY maybe). And if OHJ is supposed to be non existant to the public or to the killer, doesn't HY going to his apartment causes suspicious? Would anyone have followed her?

Actually, SY making such bad mistakes as in going into the container alone actually makes sense to me because she's a rookie.  It isn't bright, but it goes along with her character.  What OHJ says from beginning when he profile her that she's emotional, doesn't listen, and clumsy.  She does the rookie mistake of what other rookies does on other shows and even at beginning what kind of job was she doing really.  Catching animals for the locals....I just take it as a learning experience and lesson for her.  Also, in Kdrama land I don't find it too odd that it's center around one or two people while the rest is incompetent whether it be office setting or police force.  However, yea it would be interesting to see more teamwork and get extra help.

I find it interesting that OHJ say to SY when she came to his hideout and find all his stuff that to just consider it's a weirdo's hobby.  I think SY would find it normal or not so strange since she keep suspecting him to be expecting "the guy" to show up.  So while kind of fascinated, it wasn't really surprising either.  Maybe it's just his way of not getting into detail or explaining himself.

So we see the killer actually made it to his hideout in 5 minutes preview so either through HY or SY that the secret gets out.  I guess once secret is out of the bag he can join the team too depend on how they want to go about it. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

Jin Seo Yeon Must Save Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung From Trouble In “Tell Me What You Saw”

OCN’s “Tell Me What You Saw” has released new stills showing Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung in danger.

“Tell Me What You Saw” is a suspense thriller that tells the story of Oh Hyun Jae (Jang Hyuk), a genius profiler named Oh Hyun Jae who has lost everything and Cha Soo Young (Sooyoung), a detective with a photographic memory. They team up to track down a serial killer who has returned.

Spoiler

In the previous episode, Cha Soo Young had discovered traces left behind by Jung Chan Goo (Kim Seo Ha), a suspect on the run. She relayed back to Oh Hyun Jae, “There are bloodstains on the door handle of the third freezer,” but her message wasn’t properly relayed because of surrounding noises.

Not realizing this, Cha Soo Young walked into the freezer alone and was attacked by Jung Chan Goo.

The new stills show Cha Soo Young searching through the freezer with a nervous look in her eye, as well as Jung Chan Goo after he disguises himself as a security guard to get the jump on her. All they leave behind is the small received that Cha Soo Young had been using, and it is discovered by Hwang Ha Young (Jin Seo Yeon). It remains to be seen whether Oh Hyun Jae and Hwang Ha Young will find enough clues to track down Jung Chan Goo and save Cha Soo Young.

Sooyoung-Kim-Seo-Ha-Jin-Seo-Yeon.jpg

The fate of Cha Soo Young will be revealed in the upcoming episode of “Tell Me What You Saw,” which will air at 10:50 p.m. KST on February 9.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1382120wpp/jin-seo-yeon-must-save-girls-generations-sooyoung-from-trouble-in-tell-me-what-you-saw

33 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Actually, SY making such bad mistakes as in going into the container alone actually makes sense to me because she's a rookie.  It isn't bright, but it goes along with her character.  What OHJ says from beginning when he profile her that she's emotional, doesn't listen, and clumsy.  She does the rookie mistake of what other rookies does on other shows and even at beginning what kind of job was she doing really.  Catching animals for the locals....I just take it as a learning experience and lesson for her.  Also, in Kdrama land I don't find it too odd that it's center around one or two people while the rest is incompetent whether it be office setting or police force.  However, yea it would be interesting to see more teamwork and get extra help. 

But even us common people can tell it was a bad move, a rookie cop is still a cop. And OHJ also didn’t stop her despite being a veteran?

Anyway I guess it’s all for the sake of dramas as u said, and it doesn’t happen in Kdramas only. I was just rolling my eyes when watching a Hollywood movie yesterday. They also made the whole police force seem so redundant just to showcase the hero haha... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Actually, I would criticize more her colleague as he didn't follow his superior's order. The team leader had asked them to search for the vet as a pair since the killer was considered dangerous. Yet, at some point, the detective asked CSY to split and go to a different direction which was in my opinion a really bad move. That's why I was not surprised that CSY made such a mistake. Her will to catch the culprit was stronger than her need to protect herself. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

15 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Ok right, it's drama. It doesn't make sense sometimes. Well, I agree with what @Prettysupsaid. A rookie is still a police. This thing is suddenly thrown unto her. From a rookie to (all of a sudden) someone that OHJ & HY needed. 

And please writer-nim, make the rest of the police more useful like to also solve cases without the memory abilities of SY. Like make them more competent.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Actually, I have been wondering if the murderer of KSH is really The Guy from 5 years ago... the actual perpetrator looks very young. And the commissioner certified that The Guy had died in front of him. Sure, there are still some doubts. I had this thought, that the actual serial killer could be the son of The Guy who died 5 years ago. I came to this idea because of the death of CYJ's mother. In the car, there was a man with a boy. What if the serial killer has raised him in order to turn him into a serial killer?

I didn't actually get from the sub that the commissioner saw "The Guy' die in front of him. He said that he was sure it was him. Looks to me like Chief Choi was telling the commissioner he was the one who confirmed 'The Guy's' death in the accident/fire. I believe for some reason the commissioner must have hurriedly closed the case 5 yrs ago. How was the death confirmed? by his DNA? Now they are worried they will be a blame for doing a sloppy job if the guy emerged from the dead. 

I don't get the connection between the serial killer and the boy in the car. Wasn't that a hit and run, the driver must be a prominent guy and the the detective must have been pressured to close the case without any further investigation.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Ok right, it's drama. It doesn't make sense sometimes. Well, I agree with what @Prettysupsaid. A rookie is still a police. This thing is suddenly thrown unto her. From a rookie to (all of a sudden) someone that OHJ & HY needed. 

And please writer-nim, make the rest of the police more useful like to also solve cases without the memory abilities of SY. Like make them more competent.

Oh, I agree with you guys.  I was just saying not surprise in dramaland anymore.

@Prettysup as for why OHJ being a veteran and not stopping her.  She didn't listen to him when he said get out before in other ep so I think now it's more about reducing the damage.  Making sure she knows that if she's going in there alone then there's a radio jammer and they can't hear her.  Him just focusing and listening to see if bad guy is near sort of ordeal.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Oh, I agree with you guys.  I was just saying not surprise in dramaland anymore.

@Prettysup as for why OHJ being a veteran and not stopping her.  She didn't listen to him when he said get out before in other ep so I think now it's more about reducing the damage.  Making sure she knows that if she's going in there alone then there's a radio jammer and they can't hear her.  Him just focusing and listening to see if bad guy is near sort of ordeal.

Oh yah thanks for reminding me that. She did indeed ignored his order to leave in the tunnel when he told her it was about to collapse. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

But even us common people can tell it was a bad move, a rookie cop is still a cop. And OHJ also didn’t stop her despite being a veteran?

Anyway I guess it’s all for the sake of dramas as u said, and it doesn’t happen in Kdramas only. I was just rolling my eyes when watching a Hollywood movie yesterday. They also made the whole police force seem so redundant just to showcase the hero haha... 

if we have cops/heroes wait for “backup” every time what a boring cop show that will be

OHJ has not shown a lot of remorse about “putting” SY in danger or letting her get in danger, he is using her as “eyes” and “legs” so every action she has taken is likely what he would have done, alone (didn’t he call all the other cops, idiots?) He probably thinks they’d get in the way (and he has a point) and he doesn’t trust anyone much

However, this is probably why he stayed silent when HY told him “whats important is that SY is useful to them” maybe a moment of realization that they are using that girl as a tool

Seeing him calling SY an “interesting gal” and taking an interest in helping use her ability better is already more compelling for me to watch than Voice ever was (where there was not one inch of character growth for the leads and not a sign of bonding between them) here these two are subtle and they might not be having philosophical exchanges 24/7 but their subtle change in demeanor towards each other, curiosity about each other (just her comment that he is “waiting for the guy to show up” makes them much more fun to watch (for me) It is enough character development for a drama of this kind, especially since we are only on ep 3. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Actually, I would criticize more her colleague as he didn't follow his superior's order. The team leader had asked them to search for the vet as a pair since the killer was considered dangerous. Yet, at some point, the detective asked CSY to split and go to a different direction which was in my opinion a really bad move. That's why I was not surprised that CSY made such a mistake. Her will to catch the culprit was stronger than her need to protect herself. 

That’s true, it was her partner cop who initiated the split to look for the bad guy, though he did asked her not to go in alone but she couldn’t hear him at that point of time. I wonder why can’t the police use those high tech earphones OHJ has which can work even in places theirs can’t ? 

16 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

I don't get the connection between the serial killer and the boy in the car. Wasn't that a hit and run, the driver must be a prominent guy and the the detective must have been pressured to close the case without any further investigation.

At this point of time there is no connection between the serial killer and the hit and run case. But I guess their connection will be revealed later, 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

If you all look closer at this , they are all OHJ photos except the one at the top middle. That guy pic was crossed out. Could he be the real mint candy guy who really died in the explosion? So his accomplice (the younger one) came to look for OHJ for revenge? 

And I find it strange that he has OHJ's post accident pics too. So he knows OHJ is alive?

Yea, I was wondering what you guys think about this mosaic pic too.  If they do have post accident pictures why choose preaccident pic as main big mosaic pic and one where he's kind of has a smirk when everything all dark and dreary now.

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Yea, I was wondering what you guys think about this mosaic pic too.  If they do have post accident pictures why choose preaccident pic as main big mosaic pic and one where he's kind of has a smirk when everything all dark and dreary now.

I'm inclined to think it was a bad case of missing out on minute details. They just take any pictures of JH and put it on the wall. Notice that the post-accident pics are basically the promo pictures of the drama. HAHA.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I have to say 

Sadly I dont like the PD work from ep 3 and 4 like the first two week 

It feel so rushed  and dont focus in the emotional part of the character  the moment  they lost Csy and the moments  they found her it could perfect moment  to see emotional  reactions from each character  not even less then the emotional one when they found the victim  in ep 2 

But no it feels like acting scene  and they even didnt show OHJ  reaction when they found her and when she wake up ???

Something different  I hope it get fixed by next week ep's I didnt like the way of shown the events  this week 

And I still love the drama so much but i have to point that  it just feel like a different  feeling then the first week something wrong 

Edit: but i have  to be fair that in ep 4 the only first third  that I didn't  like there was  a good scene too 

By the way I have yo say CSY  is really nice to wear the microphone in her first official  work day it was her way to thanks OHJ and let him feel like he part of the team too and enjoy the joy she feel 

That was so cute 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 6