[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

24 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I also noticed from comments on twitter that many say that they will wait until the show reaches the half point, before they start watching. I guess that also affects the ratings... I hope today will be better

I kind of get it.  Sometime I debate whether to wait and watch both eps at the same time.  Many people I know do wait for mystery thriller type because one or two eps usually not satisfying.  Are you guys still not seeing full subs?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, nona88 said:

I still waiting for sub but watched it raw he seem more kind to her now , even his voice tone change while talking to her this time at his house 

I watched it with chinese subtitle. Yes, he acknowledged SY capabilities/abilities (now) but still must call her "clumsy"...hahahaha! He believes in her now & he communicates with her directly. No need to go through the other female detective already. 

7 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Can someone tell me where I can watch it? My usual site I watch seems to be down. :unsure: And dramacool doesn’t have subs up yet hmm. Viki isn’t available in my region either! 

Go to 韩剧网 chinese subtitle out already. Chinese title is 如实陈述

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I Found  the ost with English sub 

I wish to see more OHJ  face reactions  when he get to know CSY  more and she get hurt more , in episode 3 it already start to change 

By the way I cant stop trying to read behind  OHJ any change of face reactions   he can give different  feeling with the same face without change a one things :heart: like in ep 3 when he was talking with team leader I just see some light and excitement in his face while trying to profile CSY  showing without even realizing how much she has get in his interest as person, but with the same scene and same face  it get more darker in a second  when team leader said " what importing is we need her" 

( which I dont like it as much as he didnt, it was like she stopping  him from getting so interested in her and reminding him she just a tool to them) 

Maybe I am over reaction or imaging things but I swear the change of his feeling in that second  was brilliant  act , and I find  it strange for team leader to cut him like this, she the one who wanted him to accept CSY from the start but didn't like it when he for the first time shown that he getting more deep interested in her personality.  I hope I am wrong 

@bebebisous33 yes he and his red pen and red notes  again here , and again the profiler is allowed  to go out taking about an going case in TV freely and more worse a case he in charge  of it in the police  ( calling  to someone to help and explaining to me asain or at least only korean  law here ??? With that ?? With police or ambulance chase to wait in traffic or traffic light ??? I found it strange in the last 2 years !! As much I know in most of countries that dont happen there's law for this things ) 

You needed  allowed to talk about cases, and the ambulance  never wait In traffic  or traffic  light if they have the voice and light on it law to make way for them to pass and the same with police or at least  common sense in other countries that dont have that law 

So the killer will be after that profiler soon he prove that he dobt like people  fo talk about him nationally in TV  as they can read him 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Ok I'm back to discuss ep 3. Definitely it's more "thrilling" more "suspense" but let me for a start say, after watching ep 3, I'm not going to leave my dog with a vet overnight ya. :blink:Luckily they didn't abuse the dog. :)

It's nice to see OHJ warmed up to SY already. Likes the way he describes her. Will we see some romance? Or liking each other? Lol. Maybe at a certain point they will care more (personally) for each other? 

He now communicates with her directly & the way he prompts her how to use her memory abilities is like they're really a partner together. 1 prompt & the other one think.  But I'm not sure if I want a drama (the whole drama) based on SY abilities that without her, the police force cannot solve a case?? Hmm...I definitely don't want a drama with OHJ in that room just giving her promptings while he is enclosed in that dark room. He looks like 1 of the killer himself with that look. :phew:

The one who brings him medicine must be someone whom OHJ trusted but not on speaking terms? He doesn't seem friendly as in friendly but he does care. OHJ doesn't even bother to answer back with a thanks or anything so is a guess what is their relationship? Maybe he's the brother of his fiancee? And he blames OHJ for his sister's death??

Do you think the young handsome detective who's together with Chief Choi on this will betray Chief Choi later on? I get goosebumps whenever OHJ sent SY out to mission on her own. I know it's k drama (alright) but working solo looking for clues is so dangerous isn't it? And when they were chasing the white car in which the Vet was driving, could have used the gun to shoot the tyre, isn't it?

How does OHJ know that there is a guy behind SY when SY was on her own in the house looking for clues? And how does he know which warehouse SY is locked in by the Vet? Thankfully OHJ quickly alerted the team to go look for her at the certain number warehouse.

Hope ep 4 will be equally in suspense. 

• Like 6

Yes definitely more suspence in ep3. The scene of the vet choking KSH was too graphic I was surprised they let it play on till he turn black and blue.

@budgerie you brought up some points that I actually wanted an answer to. Yeah! How did OHJ knows there is someone else in the house? My bet would be that hearing piece SY puts in her ear to communicate with OHJ. The device must be really powerful to pick up the surrounding sound and likewise at the warehouse. 

I don't think that the vet is 'The Guy' but I'm quite sure that he is an accomplice of KSH. The hooded guy at the police station was smaller built then the vet.

It does look like the handsome detective (JiMin) is about to betray Chief Choi, must be the usual story, just don't tell me he has a sick family member. 

• Like 5

@budgerie OHJ knew where CYJ was because he heard her speak to her colleague, when she was not talking to the profiler. In my opinion, since he can not see very well, I suppose that his hearing has improved in order to compensate his visual loss. Right now, we still don't know how "blind" he is.

And last week, CYJ couldn't hear her colleagues because of the same reason. They are using talkie-walkies hence the transmission can be easily interrupted. I have the impression that the connection between YJ and OHJ is more linked to the Internet which could be different. But okay, that's just a supposition from my side.

@nona88 The police car was forced to stop because the cars before them had stop due to the red light. However, in Europe, we are supposed to make way, when the flashing lights of ambulance or police car are on. Nonetheless I guess, since they were driving very fast, many people had not time to react properly.

Actually, I have been wondering if the murderer of KSH is really The Guy from 5 years ago... the actual perpetrator looks very young. And the commissioner certified that The Guy had died in front of him. Sure, there are still some doubts. I had this thought, that the actual serial killer could be the son of The Guy who died 5 years ago. I came to this idea because of the death of CYJ's mother. In the car, there was a man with a boy. What if the serial killer has raised him in order to turn him into a serial killer?

Nevertheless, I would like to point out that TMWYS episode 2.png must be the one who actually killed the woman in the suitcase because of the presence of peppermint candy. The latter appeared at the crime scene of KSH's murder. Yet, in the preview, we hear that there was no peppermint candy with the next murder. I was wondering if the veterinarian is killed by someone else. 

Furthermore, it looks to me that this young murderer killed KSH because the latter had tried to take credit of the suitcase murder. KSH was seeking fame which must have annoyed the serial killer. Notice that he will go after the other profiler who bet his life, if he could prove that The Guy was not dead. The TV interview of profiler Na reminds us of OHJ's own TV interview where he had challenged The Guy back then. Maybe the son is trying to take his father's legacy and create a myth: The Guy can never be killed and caught. This would explain why he wants to challenge OHJ...

Let me know what you think about this theory.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

How did OHJ knows there is someone else in the house? My bet would be that hearing piece SY puts in her ear to communicate with OHJ. The device must be really powerful to pick up the surrounding sound and likewise at the warehouse. 

Yes I re watched that scene again. OHJ raised the volume of his machine. So that ear piece he has is very sensitive to sound & can pick up sound at such a far distance. But how does OHJ knows that it's warehouse number 3?

I don't think that the vet is 'The Guy' but I'm quite sure that he is an accomplice of KSH. The hooded guy at the police station was smaller built then the vet.

I also don't think that we will get the killer that OHJ is looking for at ep 3. I didn't notice about the hooded guy built.  :D

It does look like the handsome detective (JiMin) is about to betray Chief Choi, must be the usual story, just don't tell me he has a sick family member. 

So the short hair female detective (I'm bad with names except OHJ and SY) probably knows that Chief Choi is suspicious. She doesn't report or talk to him much. I don't think Ji Min will betray Chief Choi so soon. Maybe Chief is going to make JM so frustrated first.

• Like 6

@nona88 The police car was forced to stop because the cars before them had stop due to the red light. However, in Europe, we are supposed to make way, when the flashing lights of ambulance or police car are on. Nonetheless I guess, since they were driving very fast, many people had not time to react properly.

This is k drama & we can expect no logic. Yup, where I live, we're supposed to give way to flashing ambulance/police car too. But I thought the cops could shoot a shot at the tyre to puncture it rather than chasing with the siren on.

It was SY who noticed that the cupboard in the Vet office is suspicious. I mean, the rest of the senior cops are just looking here looking there. Seems like SY is more meticulous?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Actually, I have been wondering if the murderer of KSH is really The Guy from 5 years ago... the actual perpetrator looks very young.

23 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I had this thought, that the actual serial killer could be the son of The Guy who died 5 years ago.

Out of curiosity, was it mentioned anywhere that The Guy is quite senior in age? I always have the impression that he is only in his late 20s or early 30s. 5 years is not very long so it’s quite possible he’s still young, no? 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Ep. 3: After waiting for more than a day to see a subbed version, this is going to be one long negative post: so much dumb stuff in a single episode, plus it was slow, they really need to pick up pace of this show to move things forward in an episode as opposed to taking forever to catch a guy (any guy) and taking forever to see what as a viewer is painfully obvious from the start, with the main story stuck and character arcs stuck too. 

Crime shows have killers and victims, that's the nature of such story lines, but for this drama to first show the dog-girl being beaten by the vet in the 'hospital,' then while running away in some narrow street, and then again in his basement, with her constant cries and pleadings, is unnecessary, unless writers/directors and viewers are sadistic and like to see women being tortured on screen. 

And he did not even kill her, when it only takes 2-3 hammer blows - 5 seconds max - to do the task (!) A real killer would've finished her off and then tried to run away! So what was the point of gratuitous shots of her being tortured? Not cool.

Also, it increasingly looks like the job of HY's team is to shout her name after every 2 seconds - doesn't any one know what a police officer does when he goes to a killer's lair? Or is she supposed to spoon feed them how to be cops?

I also did not understand why a hooded guy in a corridor wasn't a red flag during camera surveillance by SY and LJM? But a guy with a hat and umbrella was.

Why would a rookie cop with zero crime fighting experience go in a container after a seasoned serial killer, when she could've waited outside for backup / her partner to arrive? The exact same thing happened in leash guy's apartment too (where she picked up a ballpoint to defend herself!) I think contrived situations are being created just for the sake of some drama / filling air-time.

And the officers chasing the vet could've easily thrown him off the road by trying to get ahead or running him off the road - instead they let him get away and got stuck in traffic jam!

Jang Hyuk's scenes with SY were few and the conversation wasn't deep or informative. I think the idea of J-drama 'Remote' was better, where she works solely with the immobile detective. In this show, there is an entire team and noise, and frankly why does anyone need Jang Hyuk? What purpose does he fill for investigation? Couldn't anyone solve petty murder cases before him? 

Jang Hyuk is lucky to be alive after the fire-ball explosion that blew up the fiancee'-car and threw him up 10 feet in the air before he landed on ice-cold ground or granite road. If his back isn't broken, most of the frontal body not burnt, and eyesight not damaged, and he not dependent on painkillers with risk of infections, it will be extremely unrealistic and pointless. Right now, he and SY look like props in some theatre, I don't see what makes either great.

Three episodes gone by, and no one has explained why HY thinks SY is of 'benefit' to her and Jang Hyuk. We don't even know more about her, Jang Hyuk or any one else or past/present than we did in episode 1-2! What are the writers waiting for? More lower ratings? 

So SY has photographic memory - big deal! That doesn't make her a good cop, in fact she's a liability, twice the RIU has lost her and tried to find her, as opposed to doing their job - she should just take a chair opposite Jang Hyuk and discuss theories.

I don't know why Chief Choi was still insisting that team 2 should 'find the guy before team 1' when team 1 was already on site of shipping containers - it is lazy writing to show a corrupt chief saying that in a crunch moment, when all teams are working under him any case. What do the writers want the 2 teams to do? Fight it out between themselves in front of the vet as to who gets to arrest him just to show that Chief Choi is an egotistical limelight hugger? 

From the looks of it, the justin bieber hairstyled journo is The Guy or pretending to be - which means Jang Hyuk's nemesis is a high schooler (!) or someone who looks just out of college. 

My fav. character right now is the detective Man-Soo. He's the only one professional and looks like he has a life beyond police work and human facial expressions. Everyone else is a robot, especially Hwa-Young.  

Loved the father-daughter scene.

And Yuna song 'Be Colored'.

Otherwise, too slow and obvious for me. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Out of curiosity, was it mentioned anywhere that The Guy is quite senior in age? I always have the impression that he is only in his late 20s or early 30s. 5 years is not very long so it’s quite possible he’s still young, no? 

But the man caught at the explosion side give a different vibe than the "journalist"image.png 

Right now, I am looking for the scene between the fiance and the taxi driver because the hands were shown. Can anyone tell me where it was?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

How does OHJ know that there is a guy behind SY when SY was on her own in the house looking for clues? And how does he know which warehouse SY is locked in by the Vet? Thankfully OHJ quickly alerted the team to go look for her at the certain number warehouse.

Hope ep 4 will be equally in suspense. 

He heard a sound through the earphone, that's why he asked her to stop talking for a moment so he can hear the background sound better

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

The vet went to the police station to check how Kang's case was getting along, he was not the one who killed Kang.

32 minutes ago, noor1 said:

I also did not understand why a hooded guy in a corridor wasn't a red flag during camera surveillance by SY and LJM? But a guy with a hat and umbrella was.

Why would a rookie cop with zero crime fighting experience go in a container after a seasoned serial killer, when she could've waited outside for backup / her partner to arrive? The exact same thing happened in leash guy's apartment too (where she picked up a ballpoint to defend herself!) I think contrived situations are being created just for the sake of some drama / filling air-time.

They didnt pick the umbrella guy through the camera, it was through CSY's recollection when OHY asked her to think again, so she started from the entrance, and she has not got to the vending machine part yet. 

And yes, it was stupid of CSY to go into the container on her own, not as if it was a ship or aeroplane that was going to escape if she just waited a while? It is just a stationary container!! I was aghast at that too.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Yes I re watched that scene again. OHJ raised the volume of his machine. So that ear piece he has is very sensitive to sound & can pick up sound at such a far distance. But how does OHJ knows that it's warehouse number 3?

He probably heard her telling her partner. She actually said the warehouse no 3 out but her partner could not hear it due to some reception issues.

34 minutes ago, noor1 said:

Crime shows have killers and victims, that's the nature of such story lines, but for this drama to first show the dog-girl being beaten by the vet in the 'hospital,' then while running away in some narrow street, and then again in his basement, with her constant cries and pleadings, is unnecessary, unless writers/directors and viewers are sadistic and like to see women being tortured on screen. 

And about the vet killing scene, he was in another building right? How did he hear the police banging on the door of his old office? I thought it was the basement of the same office initially but it was apparently not as CSY had to run a few streets to locate the wall with flowers.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

He probably heard her telling her partner. She actually said the warehouse no 3 out but her partner could not hear it due to some reception issues.

And about the vet killing scene, he was in another building right? How did he hear the police banging on the door of his old office? I thought it was the basement of the same office initially but it was apparently not as CSY had to run a few streets to locate the wall with flowers.

It was a red herring. The dogs must have barked because the employee entered his office, while the viewers were led to believe that they had found his animal hospital.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1