[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I try not to read too much of the comments or speculations here, because I don't want to be spoiled in case one of you gets it right haha.

To be honest I’m with you here. I really don’t want to be watching the show with colored lenses thinking that so and so might be a killer because I like being completely surprised at the end. But yet I can’t stop myself from coming to this forum :sweatingbullets::D

however, I have watched one too many mysteries and thrillers and have sort of have the knack of figuring out who the culprits always are. For eg. The recent Hollywood crime thriller called Knives Out. I still enjoyed the show thoroughly but wasn’t surprised at the ending because I sort of guessed it. But I actually WANT to be surprised. Haha. One show I was completely surprised was Shutter Island. I wish JH would act in a quality piece like that, or that Korean drama world was as creative as such to produce such a show of a similar kind, but alas KDrama world is still pretty run of the mill. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

To be honest I’m with you here. I really don’t want to be watching the show with colored lenses thinking that so and so might be a killer because I like being completely surprised at the end. But yet I can’t stop myself from coming to this forum :sweatingbullets::D

however, I have watched one too many mysteries and thrillers and have sort of have the knack of figuring out who the culprits always are. For eg. The recent Hollywood crime thriller called Knives Out. I still enjoyed the show thoroughly but wasn’t surprised at the ending because I sort of guessed it. But I actually WANT to be surprised. Haha. One show I was completely surprised was Shutter Island. I wish JH would act in a quality piece like that, or that Korean drama world was as creative as such to produce such a show of a similar kind, but alas KDrama world is still pretty run of the mill. 

I'm kinda like you, but I actually managed to guess the mystery in Shutter island :)  This is why in mystery shows I don't care anymore about the plot, as it tends to get more and more convoluted in its attempt to surprise the audience. All I care about is the progression and development of the characters within the plot. This is why I'm actually excited about this show, as it already delivers on its promise to focus on the psychology of the characters

Clips from ep. 3- kinda gory...

And the preview to ep. 4- 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, budgerie said:

As what I have guessed (earlier), Chief Choi is one of the "bad" guy. So cute of OHJ calling SY 笨手笨脚 (clumsy). Am currently watching ep 3. Discuss later....

I still waiting for sub but watched it raw he seem more kind to her now , even his voice tone change while talking to her this time at his house 

5 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Ratings even lower than last week... I officially don't understand the Korean viewer... 

Trust me it was 5 years ago when I officially  stopped  understand  Korean view

But in today eps there so many other dramas that already  popular and more like the Korean viewer taste 

I respect them anyway but there few there really like and understand dark or full mystery  drama the search for rom or something has more romance is more popular  there ( I like these kind of dramas too but I like good and serious one too) 

It what taste more popular there  have to respect what they usually  used to like 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Ratings even lower than last week- 1.68%. I officially don't understand the Korean viewer... 

Itaewon Class got over 9% today. It's based on a popular webtoon. TMWYS is going to struggle on Saturdays. It is what it is. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Ratings even lower than last week- 1.68%. I officially don't understand the Korean viewer... 

This is sad. I hope low ratings don’t affect the drama. I get the feeling cable dramas don’t cut dramas the way big networks do if they don’t perform? Let’s hope tomorrow is better.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

This is sad. I hope low ratings don’t affect the drama. I get the feeling cable dramas don’t cut dramas the way big networks do if they don’t perform? Let’s hope tomorrow is better.

They don't the ratings important  to them too 

But ocn know that this tybe of drama dont score so much all the time but rarely  but they still make that since it their  major specialty tybe 

But I hope it become  more rating for them they deserve it, and let not be rash to worry that it still the first two week  and there so many dramas that had startled  before and had fans base  

• Like 4

Can someone tell me where I can watch it? My usual site I watch seems to be down. :unsure: And dramacool doesn’t have subs up yet hmm. Viki isn’t available in my region either! 

12 minutes ago, qynn said:

Itaewon Class got over 9% today. It's based on a popular webtoon. TMWYS is going to struggle on Saturdays. It is what it is. 

wow that’s a huge jump in ratings for them. Itaewon class is going to do well (good for them) and unfortunately it is a direct slot competition so like @qynn said it’s unlikely that TMWYS will do well on Saturdays. Plus they have the exact same schedule ie. Started the same week. But it’s a crime thriller and mystery genre so it’s hard to watch in bits and pieces so I wonder if people will stick around for Sunday even. hopefully they will...:tears:

5 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I don’t think OCN will cut, previous shows got 1.5-2.5% but it was still continued (but I think some previous shows were slated to air for 10-12 episodes from the get go) so I don’t know if they will choose to reduce this. It’s just a very unfortunate schedule with great competition in the same timeslot. 

Oh well! :confounded: just hope the cast and crew isn’t too demotivated. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

This is sad. I hope low ratings don’t affect the drama. I get the feeling cable dramas don't cut dramas the way big networks do if they don't perform? Let's hope tomorrow is better.

These are relatively normal ratings for OCN. Most of the OCN dramas I watched last year were getting ratings in the 1% range and the dramas weren't affected. Buy yes, hopefully tomorrow is better.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

On the press con, SY explains they perfectly understood the current culture where Koreans will view the dramas on phones whenever they have the time, so the ratings of first broadcast of each episodes isn't important. I think they have the finalized count (which they includes stream points, repeat episodes during weekdays,etc) whether the drama is successful or not. 

• Like 5

Checked on google and it seems that diazepam is used to treat people with anxiety disorders. Maybe he is suffering from trauma and anxiety until now. 

I wonder if this guy bears any significance or is just introduced there by the director to assuage our own anxiety of not knowing how he is fed and taken care of etc hahahaha. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mylovegyoza said:

On the press con, SY explains they perfectly understood the current culture where Koreans will view the dramas on phones whenever they have the time, so the ratings of first broadcast of each episodes isn't important. I think they have the finalized count (which they includes stream points, repeat episodes during weekdays,etc) whether the drama is successful or not. 

I also noticed from comments on twitter that many say that they will wait until the show reaches the half point, before they start watching. I guess that also affects the ratings... I hope today will be better

• Like 4