[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

IT'S THURSDAY~~~~~~~~ :love:

As mentioned in a previous post, I was working on JMD's relay cam... She's so adorable being all shy in her own self-cam lol. And the guys really enjoy teasing her... I'm really enjoying watching their off-cam interactions - they're translating well onscreen in the drama when they shoot their flashback scenes:D

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Are you guys ready for todays episode????

i smell a 10% rating for todays episode. 

this drama is straight up fire and the popularity of the drama and the cast is massive!

i think its time for double digit for this drama. 

also happy that Jo jung suk OST is Flying high in chart ( #16 daily melon,#1 bugs,#1genie ) 

Joy OST is also at #35 which is amazing.

cant wait what is the next ost for this drama. because 3 of them is a remake but it is all golden. 

lonely night,introduce me a good person,and aloha.

i wish for 1 Jeon mi do OST and maybe a real 5 band as an ost because it will be a blessing for all of us.

btw if u guys read some comment from Melon for JJS ost it is mostly a really positive comment about his voice and how he cover the song really good. 

• Like 5

FINALLY it's Thursday!!!! Yaaayyyy!!!! @im0202 Thanks for the subs on all relay cams and behind the scenes!!!! Their chemistry offscreen is very adorable too. Eeeeee. 

I'm not worried about the ratings. Reply 1988 had an whooping 18% ratings in their last ep. This writer-PD duo always delivers. Hospital playlist will definitely cross the 10% mark. It may not have the ratings pulling husband hunt but viewers still tune in because they are attached to the characters and want to know what happens with this group of friends. 

• Like 5

watching ep 4 and pretty sure that SH's crush in her 20s & her love line is 

Spoiler

IJ

Also thinking that love lines for all main characters are pretty set, except for KDM (wondering if he will get love line also). But so far, from my observation:

Spoiler

JWon's love line will be Dr. Jang

and JWan's love line will be IJ's sister

Edited by icicic
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 2

I thought why would they entitle this to Hospital Playlist. And here I am enjoying the ordinary doctors daily in a hospital with them having bandmates who spend times for hanging around after the long day at work. It's not that usual medical dramas with genius doctor who holds his scalpel and all the intense moments we've usually seen. They're depicting how it was like one out there. They're skilled but they also have some moments for themselves to be themselves. And it's fun to watch. There's some moment which brought so much laughter and tears to me. I liked the story. And whenever they do band or sing, it's just so fun. SH should take a vocal lesson to fix her tone deaf. But I admired her confidence. Respect! Lol. I'm still in the middle of ep 3 while waiting for ep 4. Oh gosh.. JJS is superb, ah.. I mean LIJ's voice is nice. Too bad his buddies ruined his solo performance. But that's the charm. Just sing all your heart, together. 

• Like 5

Preview for ep 5

Short Version

Hard Sub

JWan: Hey! Have you seen this?
Woman: I am planning to confess my love soon
IJ: It's woman
SHwa: Perhaps, do you like me? 
Woman2: Oh, hello? 
IJ: Ah...
JWon: I knew it.. They've been dating only for a long time
IJ: Seok Hyeong, is being a divorcee a sin?
JWan: You are really a frustrating person
IJ: Hey, what about you? 
SHyeong's mom: Don't you have anyone that you like? 
JWon: I do have someone that I like
SHyeong's mom: Who is it? 
IJ: Ah right, these days Jung Won is staying at my house
Dr Jang: Really? Can you invite me to your house? 
IJ: Okay! Let's set the date. How about today?!

Long Version

Hard Sub

Jwan: Stop drinking the beer only. You are really a frustrating person
SHyeong: Speak up
Guardian 1: There's no other problems right? Everything else is okay? 
SHyeong: Yes, everything is good
IJ: The surgery won't hurt at all, so please don't worry
JWan: I'll do it my best
SHyeong: This afternoon her condition is still fine
Doctor: You have to come and see this
Nurse: I have bring it
Doctor2: Please give it to me
Doctor3: Keep it going
Doctor4: Please give it more
IJ: You have to save this patient. If not then I will kill you (do it your best or else)
Guardian2: Please save her/him

Spoiler and thoughts for ep 4 

Spoiler

- Does JWan has a feeling for Lee Ik Sun? He looks jealous when Captain Ahn and IS together. Even more when IJ pushed them and say they look good together. He even visited her more than 3 times a day when she is hospitalized. Oh and I guess he is afraid of bird, based on the joke IS made.

- SHyeong. We knew about his past and why he's become a mama boy. He lost his sister and on the same day found out about his father affairs. Oh my I really felt bad for him. He is a very professional and great doctor towards his patients.

- Captain Ahn and Dr Jang crushes at their respective people is getting stronger. Dr Jang is getting braver
in her approach to get closer with JWon slowly. 

And JWon, he is being attentive with Dr Jang. Secretly gave her another choco pie when he saw her devouring the snacks while they are in meeting

- IJ, bless him for taking a good care of WJ and got the best kid like WJ as his son. I love this father and son duo. His sister is a chatterbox like him LOL. They have a rap battle for fun :D All IJ needs for happiness in life is WJ and his friends. (I am silent shipper for him and SHwa as a couple actually)

- The PD really use JMD experiences as musical actress in the drama. From singing to dancing, inside the church X). I was wondering how a good singer like her able to act as a bad singer with tone deaf. It must be hard. 

- Their band performance of Canon in D Rock version. I have seen many versions and like some of them, but my goodness this one is also one of the best I enjoyed. All the actors really work hard to play the musical instruments themselves. Thumbs up for JJS and JKH who leads the performance very well! YYS looks enjoying his drum performance as well. I hope they will release their version of Canon In D rock version

SHwa falls in love with how cool IJ plays the guitar. Is he her first love?

https://tv.naver.com/v/13179859

The next OST will be Sung by KyuHyun - Confession is not Flashy (literal translations 화려하지 않은 고백)

This song has been used in the reply series I think...

Spoiler

Original Singer Lee Seung Hwan

Short snippets the song being played in Reply Series

Reply 1997

Reply 1994

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I'm still on eps 3 though.. I'm curious as to what makes dr.jang so popular? like how many doctors line up wanting her to assist in their operation? she doesn't look like the popular type..

also its so sad the patient died a day after he's being discharged and left his little son and young wife..

and when the baby holding one of the twins fingers, I'm melted..

• Like 1

This episode give me so much butterflies and cracks.  Can I just spread my love to:

1. Ik Sun for just being awesome and awestruck JWan in one scene. (I am loving this girl at first sight, how can't JWan?)

2. Uju for his cutie genius. This kid is really growing up well. Good job Ik Jun!

3. Song Hwa for her craziness. This girl sure has a lot more charms than she already shows.

4. Jeong Won's mom for taking our side by throwing him and his dream under the bus bwahahahaha.

And last but not least, showing love for Seok Hyeong for his empathy towards the young mother and his own mom. This is a heart-tugging one.

Next is mission to reveal the target of ones heart for each of them. JWan has taken the first move. How about the rest? *drum roll*

@kokodus I think because Ik Sun is so spot on and fearless. JWan appreciates that and he can relate. Love is in the air...

• Like 9
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, miracle23 said:

@kokodus I think because she is so spot on and fearless. He appreciate that and he can relate. Love is in the air...

I know right?!? She is the kind of person you can't help but love. I agree with you even I loved her at first sight, how can oppa resist her. I'm soooo looking forward to this love line. I thought it would be other way round. She has a crush on him and came to meet him. He even mixed up her name with their dog's name in the last ep. LOLOL. The last scene made my heart flutter. Oppa, why so handsome? Gahhhhhh.  Ok I'll stop my fangirling here. Lol. 

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, rainy12 said:

I'm still on eps 3 though.. I'm curious as to what makes dr.jang so popular? like how many doctors line up wanting her to assist in their operation? she doesn't look like the popular type..

also its so sad the patient died a day after he's being discharged and left his little son and young wife..

It's because she is the only General surgery resident in the whole hospital it seems. It's difficult for an attending to perform a surgery without a resident. That's why they line up for her. Hahaha. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I know right?!? She is the kind of person you can't help but love. I agree with you even I loved her at first sight, how can oppa resist her. I'm soooo looking forward to this love line. I thought it would be other way round. She has a crush on him and came to meet him. He even mixed up her name with their dog's name in the last ep. LOLOL. The last scene made my heart flutter. Oppa, why so handsome? Gahhhhhh.  Ok I'll stop my fangirling here. Lol. 

I seriously have butterflies at that scene, even until now. Oh my! You know, I signed up for Netflix today just for this series, that is how invested I have become for these five 'lacking' friends. :wub: I want all of them to be happy with their life partners.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, alleram95 said:

Preview for ep 5

Short Version

Hard Sub

Woman2: Oh, hello? 
IJ: Ah...
JWan: You are really a frustrating person

Long Version

Hard Sub

Jwan: Stop drinking the beer only. You are really a frustrating person
SHyeong: Speak up
Guardian 1: There's no other problems right? Everything else is okay? 
SHyeong: Yes, everything is good
IJ: The surgery won't hurt at all, so please don't worry
JWan: I'll do it my best
SHyeong: This afternoon her condition is still fine
Doctor: You have to come and see this
Nurse: I have bring it
Doctor2: Please give it to me
Doctor3: Keep it going
Doctor4: Please give it more
IJ: You have to save this patient. If not then I will kill you (do it your best or else)
Guardian2: Please save her/him

Spoiler and thoughts for ep 4 

Reveal hidden contents

- Does JWan has a feeling for Lee Ik Sun? He looks jealous when Captain Ahn and IS together. Even more when IJ pushed them and say they look good together. He even visited her more than 3 times a day when she is hospitalized. Oh and I guess he is afraid of bird, based on the joke IS made.

- SHyeong. We knew about his past and why he's become a mama boy. He lost his sister and on the same day found out about his father affairs. Oh my I really felt bad for him. He is a very professional and great doctor towards his patients.

- Captain Ahn and Dr Jang crushes at their respective people is getting stronger. Dr Jang is getting braver
in her approach to get closer with JWon slowly. 

And JWon, he is being attentive with Dr Jang. Secretly gave her another choco pie when he saw her devouring the snacks while they are in meeting

- IJ, bless him for taking a good care of WJ and got the best kid like WJ as his son. I love this father and son duo. His sister is a chatterbox like him LOL. They have a rap battle for fun :D All IJ needs for happiness in life is WJ and his friends. (I am silent shipper for him and SHwa as a couple actually)

- The PD really use JMD experiences as musical actress in the drama. From singing to dancing, inside the church X). I was wondering how a good singer like her able to act as a bad singer with tone deaf. It must be hard. 

- Their band performance of Canon in D Rock version. I have seen many versions and like some of them, but my goodness this one is also one of the best I enjoyed. All the actors really work hard to play the musical instruments themselves. Thumbs up for JJS and JKH who leads the performance very well! YYS looks enjoying his drum performance as well. I hope they will release their version of Canon In D rock version

SHwa falls in love with how cool IJ plays the guitar. Is he her first love?

https://tv.naver.com/v/13179859

The next OST will be Sung by KyuHyun - Confession is not Flashy (literal translations 화려하지 않은 고백)

Hide contents

Original Singer Lee Seung Hwan

Short snippets the song being played in Reply Series

Reply 1997

Reply 1994

Yaaas! I love this song. Confession is not flashy was used as a bgm in Reply 1988 too. During adult Taek and Deoksun's interview in episode 19 when they were arguing about their first kiss! Haha :)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alleram95 said:

Ahhhhh best news KyuHyun is my bias I’m in love with his voice and as soon as I heard it being played in Ep 4, I knew it was him!!! Waiting for official articles and release date:wub:

I’m so glad we finally have some backstory of SeokHyung. He had it rough it seems, but still no mention of his divorce and the story. On another note, I find the people who complain about him being unsociable a little annoying. He’s an introvert, not anti-social, else he wouldn’t have close friends like he has. Introverts just need more me-time and personal space than most others.

Loving Ik-Jun more and more. The scene with his sister rapping - just LOL. And all the scenes with his son were totally adorable.

Somehow the episode also managed to squeeze in an MV of Canon (rock version). How hot were all the guys playing their respective instruments?! I missed Song-Hwa singing though, hope it’s back next week!:lol:

Bonus: We now know why JunWan eats so quickly. It’s Survival of the Quickest!!!

xQygoYM.gif

rq82cwE.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

19 minutes ago, miracle23 said:

I seriously have butterflies at that scene, even until now. Oh my! You know, I signed up for Netflix today just for this series, that is how invested I have become for these five 'lacking' friends. :wub: I want all of them to be happy with their life partners.

Talking about our other friends, during the flashback scene it was so cute when song hwa looked at Ik Jun with such heart eyes. Hahaha. I bet she wanted to join the band only because of him. Lol. I don't know whether anything will happen between them in the present time...captain Ahn seemed to be so passionate too but no reaction from song hwa yet. Sighhh. I'm curious to see how song hwa's love line will develop. Seok heong's story broke my heart. Poor guy has to go through a lot in such short time. Sighhh. I hope he gets his happy ending too whatever it maybe. And am I the only one who hated that green eye shadow chick. She was sooo annoying. Grrrr. 

@ibelieveee I like your name. Hahahahahahahaha. I believe is not just a phrase it's an emotion. LOLOL

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

My initial thoughts:

1. My gosh the writer took risks writing the stories of cases

- mommy not to hear her child’s cry

- VIP case

- parent telling lies when he’s abusing the children if that parent is telling the truth the children is twins. But I doubt it. 

2. Love stories

- Dr Jang — since Dr Ahn notices everyone she thought he’s attentiveness is about her but the truth which I think he has a habit to take care of everyone. She’s eating a lot and Dr Ahn Jeong Won has a habit. Hahahah. Not sure if I am correct. She’s getting bolder with Dr Ik Jun’s support. 

- Dr An — haha he learns that SH is the vocalist

and she’s tone deaf. Hahaha. He’s getting bolder

- Dr Jun Wan — my I want to eat jajangmyeon is same — let’s have a ramen! Everyone is adult here okay! 

3. Mama’s boy Seok Hyung 

- his sister died

- he saw his dad’s affair

- he has to get through his mom’s wishes to not divorce his dad

- he might be anti-social to everyone but to his friends and totally considerate; 

- he gained lots of female fans hahahaha

4. Dr Anh Jeong Won

- wah totally rich

- almost got caught daddy long legs

- haha his brother is holding his application for priest hood

- too much confidence to his mom and now her mom became a war Lord... hahaha

5. Ik Jun
- I think the divorce happened already

- his son has seen something to have that not missing her mom

- VIP — omy he’s damn good noticing that there’s a stand-in which I was so expectant as they reserved 4 VIP rooms. It’s prohibited by law to donate organs if not relative. 

6. Others
- story of the congressman and Seok Hwang? I want to know the details

- band practice - totally awesome — how? 
-haha the twin bro thought of serious conferences of doctors and there you sea Seok Hyung and Jeong Won being to chummy to each other. Hahahaha 

I’ll watch again specially the band performance. And the importance of the new cast. 

This drama is getting better on weekly basis.

Edited: I forgot to tell - Canon Rock is one of the hardest for band performance I heard by recreated from Canon D. Waaaah

• Like 8