[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

I laughed so hard with SH dancing scene! Hahahahahahaha she’s just amazing, I can’t even LOL. :joy::joy:

anyways, am i the only one wishing that JWon and SH wouldn’t end up with either residents? Hahahaha I just want them to end up together or with someone outside the hospital.

• LOL 3

Now we know why Seokhyung is so close with his mom. T.T Hands down to him for making sure that the mother of the baby with anencephaly would not be traumatized. It would be heartbreaking for the mother to hear the baby cry only for the baby to pass away after 5-6 hours. It's more difficult for first-time mothers to overcoma the trauma and depression from it. Some mothers still blame themselves for the medication they did or did not take when they were still unaware of their pregnancy.

I'm connecting his sister's death with the son of the VIP. Can't believe that the son was having a body double for the surgery. Is he a prisoner? 

Maybe he was planning to sneak out of the hospital during the surgery.

I approve of the lovelines!!! (Except for the OB resident with green eye make up if she would end up having a crush with Seokhyung)

Now we see Junhwan getting jealous of Captain Ahn. Totally getting that Lee Joonho (Prisoner Playbook) feels again from Jung Kyungho. 

AND AHN JEONGWON GIVING FOOD TO GYEOUL. Please don't do things like this if you're not interested with Dr. Jang. I know you're Buddha but dont break her heart. She's so puuuuure.

Can we also give a hand to Woojoo? He might be mooching off Ikjun for food but his words made Ikjun feel that everything would be okay even if it's just the two of them. He saw through Ikjun's lie about the mother missing Woojoo. 

For the preview to next week's episode, who will confess to whom?

• Like 6

OMG. EPISODE 4. MY FAVORITE EPISODE SO FAR. :tears:

So well written!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't recovered from everything I just saw, I love love love them all!!!!!!

1. Ikjun

Brb officially declaring him as my Mido & the Parasol/Lacking Club bias (what do we call this squad??). Him arguing with his sister was the funniest ever! His scenes with Woojoo and how he's so in love with his son eye :tears: "I'm Woojoo-holic", "I'm appa-holic" SO SWEET. When he called out on the professor for complaining about the food, that one was also funny. I think I really do have a thing for funny guys. I love the way he asked Dr. Jang to take the next elevator when he saw Jeongwon, so supportive of him! Also, that scene with the nurse and how he told her to eat while he mans the desk, he's really so perfect. I love him so much, his character is so bright and he stands out so well. :wub:

2. Seokhyung

You may think that because he's not very social he doesn't observe the people around him, but Seokhyung is actually so considerate of his colleagues and patients. Aside from the anencephaly case, notice how he already anticipated Jeongwon's concern about the surgery that he prepared in advance? I can also relate to his gradual love for his mother. I think his father was the congressman who needed the liver surgery? (congressman's wife: "after the surgery, he can now play golf and go abroad, right?")

3. Jeongwon

When he was meeting Seokhyung for the gastroschisis case, the camera angle would sometimes include Dr. Jang in the frame and I wondered why. And then he gave her the two chocopies!!! I was squealing at this scene!!! It was probably just him being observant, but it's really so cute how he passed it to her. His slight glances at her were so cute too. Although I must say that the way Dr. Jang's question was left unanswered is making me think Jeongwon dated Songhwa before. The little Reply 1994 reference ("Did you play baseball again?") plus his cap had S on it, Seoul Twins?

4. Junwan 

I already had an inkling that they were going to be a thing when Iksun and Ikjun were talking about Junwan.

IJ: "you're almost 40 now. don't act like a kid." 

IS: "it's been a while since i saw him. he's so old now."

IJ: "of course. he'll turn 40 soon, too."

IS: "is he not going to get married?"

IJ: "you should get married."

They have really good chemistry, too. You could see the smile on Junwan's face when she did the bird prank. I knew they were going to date!

5. Songhwa

Nothing much from Songhwa tonight, but her efficiency is always *chef's kiss* If only the public officials in my country worked as fast as her. :blink: But I did notice something towards the end of the ep, when Seokhyun and Ikjun were playing canon. She looked so whipped....for Ikjun? I'm not sure, but I ship them. Theory: Songhwa rejected Seokhyung because she had a crush on Ikjun and then dated Jungwon for some time.

That ending with the supposedly abusive dad and the congressman though. Didn't expect that to happen. ANYWAYS. I want to hug writernim for this beautifully written ep. I'm still on a high. :wub:

• Like 9

Ikjun and Uju's scenes are always the best. Uju acts so mature for his age. The way he said he doesn't need his mom if she doesn't need him was so heart breaking. I don't know whether writer has anything on mind for Ikjun's loveline but if there is a girl for him I hope she shows some motherly love to Uju too. That boy is precious. 

Jeong wan giving the chocolates to Dr. Jang doesn't seem out of ordinary given how he is just considerate with everyone. I don't know she is really cute with her crush, but Jeong wan doesn't seem to notice her in that way. Sighhh. Let's wait and see. Same for Song hwa and Captain Ahn, it doesn't seem to go anywhere. Song hwa is not giving him any inch. Hmmhmm....

This show is not about the lovelines alone, there is just so much going on , but still at the end of the day all I care about is who ends up with whom. LOLOL. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

The best thing tonite is... Open the netflix and the latest episode is available!!... Woah ~~~I'm happy. Was thinking to sleep early after tiring day in the office. Yes, we have restriction movement order but ours is one of the important thing too... So, work we must. 

Okay, I am so in love with tonite episode. Everybody have posted their point... Agree on that. At the end scene, Ik Sun visitor is JWan?! Shook!

I'm ok with Dr Jang and Jeong Wan. I dont want him to be a priest. Their family in need of descendants... 

What a filial son SH is! I never thought he have a lovely mom. And heartless father. I doubt Song Hwa will end up with him. If it does, eh!!! His mom is over the moon.

I like the IK IS siblings too. Both is sucessful in their own way. Rapper!?..lol.

Theres a lot of feelings tonite. Shock, love, sadness, emphaty, lasting friendship, family matters. I'm a loner during my younger days and still is. So, its kind of jealous watching others who have their great moment of their days. 

Being grateful to live, also a bless...

#staysafe #stayhealthy #stayathome 

• Like 6

i’m living for Dr. Jang’s glances at Jeong Won, how she kinda stops breathing when he’s around and Ik Jun’s elevator heart. :wub: i really don’t think they would end up together but that doesn’t stop me from wishing so.

I'm also shipping Song Hwa with Captain Ahn. he’s just so cute. i mean HE WANTED TO KNOW HER HOBBIES!! how adorable is that?? i know they won’t end up together too, but don’t rain on my parade. he’s just so CUTE!! really, he’s adorable. i wanna know if it’s him or Ik Jun who leaves a coffee for Song Hwa next episode (i have a feeling it’s Ik Jun) but i want Captain Ahn and Sonh Hwa together even if that won’t happen but lemme dream. :wub:

About Ik Sun and Jun Wan. can’t say i’m surprised. when Ik Jun was joking about Captain Ahn and Ik Sun, Jun Wan dragged him out calling it “nonsense”. he’s obviously interested. plus he was around her a lot and visited her FIVE times. they’re cute but tbh i shipped him with Song Hwa at first. maybe they will date and Song Hwa will date Captain Ahn. it would be amazing if that happened. he’s so dreamy tbh. i loved the random ramyeon scene in the flashbacks. it was hilarious how no one lets him eat his ramyeon. oh also his resident is so cute. lmao falling asleep mid speech.

i never expected seok hyung to break my heart this episode but he did. i was literally crying when he cried because how can someone keep intact when they hear their sister died? and his mom collapsed? AND his father is a two timing jerk? that’s like bullets after bullets and then a giant stinking bomb. i love how his mom kept asking Song Hwa to join them. i bet all the boys’ moms love Song Hwa.

one thing i notes was i would be glad if they didn’t use to date each other before. the random car parking thing broke me, lmao. they trust each other with everything. oh also it wasn’t just Song Hwa who got lost when Ik Jun started to play his guitar. i died too :wub: that man is a monster.

so basically, i loved woojoo and ik sun especially this episode. they’re gonna steal our hearts, aren’t they? i’m sure they are.

jeong Won’s pout.. AWWWWWWWWW he’s such a sweetheart. and we love dad sung dong il- I MEAN brother sung dong il. we need more scenes of andrea with god’s brothers. it’s gonna be hilarious.

• Like 3

@kokodus I concur. I also feel that Jeong Won just naturally glanced around and noticed a hungry junior, so he handed her the food she seems to be craving. His reactions afterward didn't really give out any special vibe. And Dr. Jang is still clueless after 3 years of residency and going back and forth between ER and the surgery room :confused:. And Dr. Bae too. I hope she realised it when she took the boy to the x-ray room. It was plain clear to Jeong Won for the first kid that this is not just a falling incident. The seriousness of the pain indicated something else. He didn't get to check further due to the call to the surgery room. The second time, he took action. He is his usual self, a professor in PED listening and giving out advice, even with Dr. Jang following around. No choice, she is the only resident for the GS team. Nice job PD-Writer nim. Not gonna fall for that trick though. *wink* (I am so gonna pray hard that PD-Writer-nim not going to make me eat my own words, Amen!)

As earlier predicted, Captain Ahn will join Dr. Bong's gossip salon. Aigoo, another theory of mine, this club and its members are the mechanism in which to further lay out the backgrounds of our fabulous 'lacking' 5. They will be there to tell the stories. 

I also agree that the past crushes between the five. My guesses are:

1. SHwa crushing on Ik Jun - JWon knew, retreated

2. JWan crushing on SHwa - done nothing, fear of being rejected, knew that SHwa crushing on Ik Jun

3. SHyeong crushing on SHwa - rejected

4. JWon crushing on SHwa - SHyeong knew

Looking forward to SHwa decision whether she wanna accept Captain Ahn or not. This is gonna be interesting.

Oh, can I want Seok Hyeong to be with his long-haired resident? I like the way she speaks and carries herself. Plus she said she likes his introverted self, just as he is, in 3 ep. when they ambushed his weekend coffee break.

To our resident soompier doctor, @euisaimnida:kiss_wink: I also think that VIP or his son have got something to do with Seok Hyeong sister's death. We will see if that's the case. 

A shout out to PD-Writer nim, thank you for giving me this drama and working my brain in high gear thinking and analysing  just about everything you presented in HP. Kudos!

• Like 5

One thing that is missing is that.

I dont think the patient is an indonesian.

In the drama it said that they are from indonesia but really that doesnt look like one.

More like india? 

Other than that i am good. Love the drama so much♡♡ lets go 10% 

• Like 3

My first comment on this group. Agreed with @kokodus at the end of the day, all we care about is who ends up with whom :D 

Initially, from the first three episodes, I shipped Jun Wan and Song Hwa. And I thought the PD is going to dig more about his possible long-time crush with Song Hwa in 90's flashback (based on the way how he cares about her). But he chooses to maintain their friendship, and he won't confess. That's what I think. And I also already had a thought that Jun Wan may end up with Ik Sun (when Ik Jun talk about his sister with JW in episode 3). But I don't think the relationship between JW and Ik Sun would be this fast.

Am I the only one who feels this weird and strange? I know Ik Sun is so lovely and irresistible, but it doesn't explain why JW suddenly asks her for a date. Mainly they didn't meet for years. And there was no meaningful development of characters (between JW and Ik Sun in this episode) or stories so that their relationship sealed and made sense for me. Does Jun Wan really like Ik Sun? Or simply because he is a playboy? I am worried about that. And  I think there is a huge possibility that JW will hurt IS's feeling at the end of the day. 

And when Captain Ahn appeared in Ik Sun's room, JW seemed to dislike him. Either he's jealous of IS, or he's jealous of Song Hwa. Because he knows something about Captain Ahn. Because somehow, I don't understand how JW can immediately like IS so suddenly.

My favorite part from this episode was when Jeong Won glancing several times to Dr. Jang during the meeting for the gastroschisis case. That didn't explain anything meaningful, but I was already excited when I saw him like that. Lol. I can't blame Dr. Jang for having a crush on Jeong Won. He is so dreamy, omg. And I think, most likely, JW will have a partner in this season (otherwise, he would be a priest). But if his partner is not Dr. Jang, that would be "the second weird thing" for me. This drama is focused on medicine, and there were not enough character developments for him/his possible partner (besides Dr. Jang) to fall in love with each other. As fiction is as fiction, it still has to make sense.

And looking at the PD character, I don't think he will make Hospital Playlist like Reply series. All five main characters probably end up with someone outside of the group.

Unfortunately, I have to lower my expectations to find out who ends up with whom, since I read this article.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387568wpp/pd-shin-won-ho-actors-of-hospital-playlist-talk-about-casting-why-the-drama-will-only-air-once-a-week-and-more 

Shin Won Ho explained why “Hospital Playlist” is planned to have multiple seasons. He said, “I wanted to create a drama that didn’t initially have a decided ending or an ending at all. However, the viewers have to give us love for there to be another season. Holding meetings and discussions while leaving the finale open-ended allowed for a lot of new ideas and directions.”

So I left many possibilities and maybe not giving too many hopes and guesses. Because it is more likely the final episode of this season will be an open ending or no ending at all.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

13 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

In the drama it said that they are from indonesia but really that doesnt look like one.

More like india? 

Yes I thought the same. They looked like Indians. Any indonesians here can clarify....

Did you guys notice that when Dr. Jang asked whether Jeong won dated anyone before, he suddenly changed the topic and told them to go and work. It's strange. This scene plus the chracter description of Jeong won makes me feel like he has traumatic past too relationship wise. Maybe he was in love with someone and something bad happened to her or just the breakup was really heartbreaking for him. There is something that even Dr. Bong is hiding....

@Kaizen68 Welcome to the thread!!! We are in the same boat chingu. Hahahaha. I also thought Jun wan and Song hwa will have a thing based on the long stares he had been shooting her way. LOL. But I thought mostly it would've been a one sided love from Jun Wan's side and she will not feel the same. Jun wan gives me Jung hwan vibes, so I was very afraid that if I ship them together it will crash and burn. Lol. Plus he did say that it's an old fashioned way of thinking to consider boy and girl can't be simple friends. So I was actually very relieved in today's ep to see that he is having a loveline from someone outside of the group. It is not that strange that he fell for Ik Sun so quickly. If you have watched Prison playbook, his love track was the same there too. Jun wan and IK Jun are friends for a long time, longer than the others since they went to high school together too. So he must have known ik sun very well and he must have been amazed to see how the little girl had grown up to be an amazing women. This is a trope that this writer likes I guess. Falling in love with your best friend's sister. LOL. I want to know whether ik Jun will approve of this. Hahaha. He can't say no, right? 

But since this show is going to have multiple seasons, I guess it can go either ways. As you said maybe they will date for a while and break up at the end of this season and in the next one we will see a different love line probably with song hwa or some other new character. But this show gives me Prison playbook vibes more than Reply series vibes, so I think the lovelines won't be that complicated. Let's just say that everyone will end up with their respective crushes and be happy forever. 

• Like 4

Whoa the next OST is Kyu Hyun, right? I know it from his voice! Really great!!

The band performance is actually the scene that I am waiting for. It always brings warm in my heart and smile in my face seeing the band and their friendship story. 

I‘m glad IkJun already not sad in this episode. UJu is so sweet. I also think that UJu saw something on his mom. 

I think I missed JunWan this episode, not so many story on him, but his parts here are the sweet ones and funny ones. Hope to see hin more in next episode!

And, Yes, the patient is totally not an Indonesian, but from India. Seems the PD is not careful with this, eventhough it is an asian drama. South east asian and South Asia people are really different. I think if a Thailand or Vietnam patient is called from Indonesia is more likely than an India patient to be called from Indonesia.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

More like india? 

I know, right. Because I'm Indonesian, it's so weird because they keep using "Indonesia" in the drama. In episode 3, the husband of Gal Ba Ram is working in Indonesia as a woodcutter. And patients in episode 4, Captain Ahn said they are from Indonesia (when definitely not). They are more likely from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka. Why did they keep using "Indonesia," tho? Lol. That's fine but funny :lol:

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

Yes I thought the same. They looked like Indians. Any indonesians here can clarify....

Did you guys notice that when Dr. Jang asked whether Jeong won dated anyone before, he suddenly changed the topic and told them to go and work. It's strange. This scene plus the chracter description of Jeong won makes me feel like he has traumatic past too relationship wise. Maybe he was in love with someone and something bad happened to her or just the breakup was really heartbreaking for him. There is something that even Dr. Bong is hiding....

Yes, I noticed that too. There must be something, as that's the style of PD Shin. I think we will know more of JWon's past in the next few episodes, mainly because those intern medical students haven't visit Jeong Won and Ik Jun yet. Every main character they visit usually will be a highlight in the episode. I think we will be surprised.

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

If you have watched Prison playbook, his love track was the same there too. Jun wan and IK Jun are friends for a long time, longer than the others since they went to high school together too. So he must have known ik sun very well and he must have been amazed to see how the little girl had grown up to be an amazing women. This is a trope that this writer likes I guess. Falling in love with your best friend's sister. LOL. I want to know whether ik Jun will approve of this. Hahaha. He can't say no, right? 

Yes, I watched Prison Playbook. But I think that's come from a different writer, only from the same PD. And Joon-Ho met Je-Hee many times before they are dating. Accompany her during difficult times, console her when his brother in prison, hug her, sending her flowers, eat her cooks. They had a lot of quality time together for months, and Joon Ho knows that Je Hee likes him for years (And Je-Hee said it out loud too in the current time) before Joon-Ho felt jealous and confess his feeling.

In Hospital Playlist, Jun Wan even confused Ik Sun with IJ's dead dog. And after several days in Hospital, JW immediately asked her for a date? That's why it is so weird for me. She is precious, lovely and pretty but still lack stories (in this episode), and JWan has been known as a playboy and had many girlfriends. So I assume that he probably just run away from his one-sided love toward SHwa. And amazed with IS as a woman, but again, he is a playboy.

And I worried that he would hurt IS's feeling at the end, even though there is a possibility that he will really fall for her as well. Ahh. Idk. I am not ready for the next episodes. And I am very angry with JWan. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

38 minutes ago, Kaizen68 said:

Yes, I watched Prison Playbook. But I think that's come from a different writer, only from the same PD. And Joo-Ho met Je-Hee many times before they are dating. Accompany her during difficult times, console her when his brother in prison, hug her, sending her flowers, eat her cooks. They had a lot of quality time together for months, and Joon Ho knows that Je Hee likes him for years (And Je-Hee said it out loud too in the current time) before Joon-Ho felt jealous and confess his feeling.

In Hospital Playlist, Jun Wan even confused Ik Sun with IJ's dead dog. And after several days in Hospital, JW immediately asked her for a date? That's why it is so weird for me. She is lovely and pretty but still lack stories (in this episode), and JWan has been known as a playboy and had many girlfriends. So I assume that he probably just run away from his one-sided love toward SHwa. And amazed with IS as a woman, but again, he is a playboy.

And I worried that he would hurt IS's feeling at the end, even though there is a possibility that he will really fall for her as well. Ahh. Idk. I am not ready for the next episodes. And I am very angry with JWan. 

Ok I see your point now. There was no solid development between them and it's kinda strange that he asked her out suddenly. I don't think he has any long term plans for now. I'm not angry with Jun wan. How do we know in the first place that he has romantic feelings Song hwa? I think it's just the actor Jung Kyung ho having extraordinary chemistry with everyone and we misinterpreted that as him having feelings for her? Lol. If he really had feelings for Song hwa he would've made a move after she broke up with her cheating ex. They were both single and what better timing than that. Song hwa is still single there is no reason for him to run away to another girl. Other than the fact that  another girl is so lovely and adorable. LOL.

The only explanation why he won't make a move on song hwa would be that he don't want to ruin his friendship with her. But that is not enough of a reason in my opinion. In both R97 and R88, there were third parties involved, Yoon Jae's brother and Taek respectively and that's why Yoon Jae and Jung hwan didn't make a move on their crushes. Actually Yoon Jae still did confess to her and that's why he got the girl and Jung hwan took his one sided love for Deok sun to his grave. Grrrrrrr. So yeah even if we believe Jun wan knew that she had a crush on Ik jun, which I don't think is the case from his shocking "oenje" in that funeral scene, too much time has passed and Ik Jun got married, got a son and then divorced. There is no way Jun wan still believes she holds a crush for Ik Jun after all these years and that is the reason he stayed away from her. 

All that said, there will be no one happier than me if Jun wan really ends up with Song hwa. I always have a thing for best friends turned lovers story. So it will be epic if that's what this writernim is going for. For now, I want Jun wan for myself. Hahahahaha. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, rainy12 said:

I'm still on eps 3 though.. I'm curious as to what makes dr.jang so popular? like how many doctors line up wanting her to assist in their operation? she doesn't look like the popular type..

also its so sad the patient died a day after he's being discharged and left his little son and young wife..

and when the baby holding one of the twins fingers, I'm melted..

Dr. Jang I think is the only GS resident in the hospital.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

I'm not angry with Jun wan. How do we know in the first place that he has romantic feelings Song hwa? I think it's just the actor Jung Kyung ho having extraordinary chemistry with everyone and we misinterpreted that as him having feelings for her? Lol.

Yes, I know. It is too early to guess everything just because many of us initially believed that JWan has a romantic feelings to SHwa. I can't blame JKH because he has good chemistry with everyone and has a "Jung Hwan" vibe. Lol I just need to remind myself not to fall for this writer's trick again and made me shipping characters :D 

I pretty much can ship SHwa with anyone, Chi Hong is cute too. But I just feel like that JWan with his cold appearance (and warm inside) would be make me flutters the most if he ends up or had a long-time crush with SHwa.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Kaizen68 said:

Yes, I know. It is too early to guess everything. I can't blame JKH because he has good chemistry with everyone and has a "Jung Hwan" vibe. Lol I just need to remind myself not to fall for this writer's trick again and made me shipping characters :D 

I pretty much can ship SHwa with anyone, Chi Hong is cute too. But I just feel like that JWan with his cold appearance (and warm inside) would be make me flutters the most if he ends up or had a long-time crush with SHwa.

You are not alone. My heart will swell too if the endgame is Jun wan and Song hwa. For the same reasons you said, their bickering is too cute to not ship. While Captain Ahn looks all cool and cute at the same time, as someone here mentioned it she is both his boss and older than him, I don't know whether it would work. If it's not captain Ahn, then it could be anyone from the group. Who knows, she might even fall for Seok hyeong and make his mom happy. Hahaha. Jeong won is a contender too, let's not forget about him. He seems to be the only one knowing everyone's secret and also has a secret of his own. Lol. Halfway through the show everything will change and what we believed until now will completely be wrong. R88 flashbacks. Sighh. So that's why it's wise if we don't get involved in the lovelines and just watch it for the beautiful friendship. But what can I do, the heart wants what it wants. LOL. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi you guys. I just came out of Episode 4 and I loved some parts of it. I think the show really does a good job of fleshing out day-to-day heartbreaking clinical, hospital stories. The patient's bit with the brainless baby was really hard to watch for me. It was just so sad, cruel and heartbreaking yet it happens. Seokhyung's ability as OBGYN Specialist was really highlighted. Jeongwon's abused patient too was a painful watch but then again his years of practice and compassion really showed enough for him to figure out what really went down with the kid.

Seokhyung's arc and character in general were just so melancholic. ㅠㅠ I mean, Songhwa was so precise on what she said about him. How can someone go through that all at once and not break? And if it were to happen to anyone else even her, she probably wouldn't make it. I love that his character is layered and quiet but resilient. A good contrast and balance to the Lacking 5. I'm really curious on what went down with the Congressman's son and him. It sounds like another round of dramatic story.

In the aspect of romance, gah. What can I say? As a supporter of Junwan and Songhwa, my heart is in pieces. I know that with Shin-PD everything can happen but with the update of his character description. It's pretty much final that he's out of the guessing game with Songhwa. I can't translate fully because my Korean is really too basic but in a nutshell, it pretty much says, the thought of Iksun and her voice alone already makes Junwan happy, he can recognize her no matter how far she is and that in this world, there's only one Iksun. I think that's a game over for Junwan and Songhwa ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Lots of Korean fans (alongside me) are really heartbroken, most are desperate to tie them together ㅠㅠㅠ But I can respect the direction that the creators of the show are taking ㅠㅠ Both Captain Ahn and Iksun are cool characters. Anyhow, romance-wise, everything is out in the open because no feelings are getting reciprocated outright yet. Jeongwon and Songhwa's perspective on their romantic arcs haven't been showcased, same with how Iksun will respond but I think it's a given already. I'm quite positive that the creators of the show might finally go linear with the love lines and outsource outside the main cast (but I'm never really too sure). I think they will slowly start to build the relationships next week.

The following are left hanging (but personally for me are answered),

- Jungwon's response to Resident Jang or whether he's aware of her feelings for him. His answer to Ikjun hasn't been shown but I'm a bit positive that he likes her. I don't think Ikjun will continue to push Jang to Jungwon if he knew he has 0 feelings for her and if he does (only for the sake of assistance), then that's a bit cruel.

- Songhwa's response to Captain Ahn. I think they already started seeing each other, I don't think Captain Ahn would go around fishing for information about her if he already got rejected, unless he's a glutton for one-sided love and heartbreak. Songhwa's line in the preview ("Do you like me?") could be likely directed at him.

Subtle hints,

- The scene with Resident Chu (OBGYN short-haired resident),  Resident Jang and Captain Ahn was a bit of a foreshadowing for me. They might be the residents that will be tied with the Yulje Professors.

- Songhwa's interest in Ikjun back in there 20s. He just might be the loose end with the love lines. So, unless he's going to be settled with someone by next week, then he's still in the run as Songhwa (even Jang)'s partner.

- Iksun's feelings for Captain Ahn. I mean she might be interested with him. I totally wouldn't prep myself up for someone I only see as a friend. -_-

- Jungwon's possible relationship, Professor Bong really clocked out when asked about Jungwon's romantic background, he seemed evasive. :ph34r: (It would be really quite funny though if his first love was really God :sweatingbullets:)

- The couple mugs that Jungwon and Songhwa used recurred this episode. Songhwa used it in one of her scenes. (But this could be probably meaningless)

- Mone's mom could be a start for Ikjun's outsourced loveline. I'm not entirely sure because with Hospital Playlist, they really start with subtle conversational hints in terms of connection.

Hopefully all will be answered by next week. Otherwise, it would just feel like a useless drag if everyone is dating around already :sweatingbullets: With Junwan out in the game for Songhwa, there's a bit of a surge in Jungwon and Ikjun supporters, even Seokhyung. I mean they also updated Jang's character description (it talks about how she has a big time crush on Jungwon and that her dream is to hear him call her "Gyeoul-ah" and not "Resident Jang") last week but no signs of update in Captain Ahn's description yet nor in Jungwon's and Ikjun's.  So, their involvement with Songhwa are not yet final at this point. I guess, we'll just have to wait and see.

On a personal note, Junwan and Iksun's love line does seem too sudden even for me. At least for Jang and Captain Ahn, there was a build up but with the two, Iksun suddenly shows up and Junwan is all for her. I hope they flesh that out properly. I mean he even confused her with Ikjun's dog. I guess his interest on her is pretty recent. Like everyone says, Jung Kyungho is already a Dongseng Killer (in reference with his character in Prison Playbook who fell in love with Jaehyuk's sister) at this point when working with Shin-PD :sweatingbullets:

Now, let me just rest my broken Songhwa x Junwan shipper heart. See you all next week!

EUm-QzIUUAEPifq?format=jpg&name=medium

And oh, just to commemorate my beautiful sunken ship,

dfe365048ff248fecac4d28221831a0a.jpg

[EP 1 - EP 3: 준완 x 송화]

loved, supported and will never be forgotten. a could have been but never would be.

ㅠㅠㅠ ㅠㅠㅠ

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Hahaha All of us Jun wan-song hwa shippers should be glad that writers didn't give us hope and drag it till the last ep. @habromanic I admit that I was slightly disappointed last week itself when they revealed that Captain Ahn gave her the shoes and not Jun wan. LOL. But this week I have to say I'm kinda relieved seeing this new development. It means oppa's heart won't get broken. I don't know why I always thought even if it was revealed that Jun wan had a crush on her, it will be a one sided one. Sighhhh. I can't believe how fast I got into the Jun wan-Ik sun ship. LOL. The updated character description sounds very cute too. Eeeeeeee. Then again I tell myself that I shouldnt be too attached with any couple, anything can happen with this writer. If this is going to have multiple seasons, then we can all still have some hope regarding the endgame. 

Another random thought....

What if Iksun only acted like she has a crush on Captain Ahn to see how Jun wan would react?? Ok I know that seems like a bit of a stretch, but she seems like the kind of girl that would do something like that. LOL. Well whatever, I don't have any doubt that Ik sun will reciprocate Jun Wan's feelings from the way she smiled at him. And I can't stress enough how handsome and hot Jung Kyung ho looked in that very last scene. What girl can say no to that face??? Goshhh. I want to eat jajjangmyeon now too. Lol. I should really go and sleep. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, habromanic said:

I know that with Shin-PD everything can happen but with the update of his character description. It's pretty much final that he's out of the guessing game with Songhwa. I can't translate fully because my Korean is really too basic but in a nutshell, it pretty much says, the thought of Iksun and her voice alone already makes Junwan happy, he can recognize her no matter how far she is and that in this world, there's only one Iksun. I think that's a game over for Junwan and Songhwa ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Lots of Korean fans (alongside me) are really heartbroken, most are desperate to tie them together ㅠㅠㅠ

Hello @habromanic, thanks for a good analysis! Btw, where did you find the character description and the Korean Netizen buzz that desperate to tie JWan and SHwa together? I think I wanna to look for that too. Thanks!

I love everyone’s thoughts and just to make SH and JunWan shippers hurt more - like I earlier said in my initial thoughts JW already told IS I want a jajangmyeon which same as I want to eat  ramen with you — meaning let us try this and intimacy. It was done quietly in Secretary Kim. 

SHwa has a crush on Ik Jun as he is really good in guitars. So within the squad someone dared. But let us all remember this drama will have multiple series. So love life let us just enjoy.

Also, I am gonna kill the gossip salon leader. He’s tittle-tattling all over the village is a low thing you know. Like resident Chu who never understood Dr Yang SH intention during the baby.  

By the way did Jeong Wan walk away with the brainless baby or it was a different case?

I have been watching the Canon Rock band session for four times already and I can’t get over it. I want to see the preparation. 

• Like 3