[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

After watching ep. 3 okay I give up on guess-who-the-couple-is thing, I'll just be here every week watching them and enjoy the ride lol. CSH's new shoes (+new beginning) was Capt. Ahn's gift is unexpected for me. Dr. Jang having crush on AKW is so wow, too I was like okay I put my faith on you director & writer-nim haha. 

The scene of 5 of them gathering together was always amusing and busy and extra noisy lol. So much fun on it!

Everything happened to LIJ was too much and overwhelming this time like all came to him one after another huhu. I think behind his cheerful and work hard play hard self, he kept everything inside.

So far we already got their own arc (more like introduction), how they were doing together, since 20 yrs ago. But I didn't see some heavy issue on them where they confide in among each other...not yet. Idk if the series would be focusing on each of their life as doctor who already be friended for 20 yrs or it would be the friendship itself on their daily life as doctor. Like I said, I'll just wait, watch, and enjoy it!

• Like 5

Currently hyping this Drama on almost all my social media. I’m a total fan of All reply series, but haven’t watch Prison Playbook yet

what can i say? This Drama is refreshing, i really love the simplicity of plot they bring.. not filled with intrigue nor manipulation like many other dramas. As much as i enjoy the thrilling experience from other Drama, i guess i also need storyline that gives me a break. Just being attached with the characters and enjoying every little things happen in their life.

At one interview, PD Shin said , “It is not a drama that is incredibly thrilling or has a dramatic plot. As I have always done, I filled it with ordinary and everyday stories.“ 

i hope they really got to stick with this concept till the end!

And for the Love line, though i’m rooting for a couple in these 5 besties, i think it’s not a bad idea if everyone get their own love line outside their circle, this way, they slap on every viewer (including me) who live with this old-fashioned mind that boys and girls cannot be just friend lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I was rewatching ep 2 and found a little tidbit, after Ikjun tried to woo Dr. Jang for surgery, he suggested calling Jungwon when Dr. Jang got an ER call. I wonder if he already knows Dr. Jang's crush on JW or is it foreshadowing???

I'm quite curious how IJ found out Dr. Jang's crush HAHAHA

There's nothing better to do than speculate things while waiting for next week's episode (thursday please come fast already :tears:)

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 12:05 AM, kokodus said:

I was a Jung hwan shipper but I'm truly ashamed to have forgotten this very important plot detail. Sighh. But now after you said it i remember the scene where she had to choose between the two. I also remember the discussion about how what JH gave was not really a mitten it was a glove and all that. LOL. It was really silly. 

@Josh Marquez I also noticed the cofee mugs. They all ate in Song hwa's room, right? It was probably her cheating ex's? I don't know....

@habromanic You should watch R88 if you have time. Forget about the husband hunt, you should watch it for all the heartwarming relationships between everyone in that street. I was jealous of Deok sun that she grew up in an environment like that. 

We never see Taek give Duk-Seon the mittens, but he tells her that he'll buy her anything she wants for Christmas and she says she wants the gloves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

Can’t get over the karaoke song. Haha. And Thursday is still long way to go!

Is this drama only 12 episodes? Is there any chance to have a sequel of the drama? 

Ikr?!? I have replayed that karaoke scene like 100 times already. Hahaha. It was just so endearing to watch a group of friends being themselves and having fun. It's nothing extraordinary but still makes your heart swell. 

Actually the writer-PD have planned to make this with multi season format. That's the new norm for most Netflix kdramas. Sigh. But it all depends on how well this season does in ratings. As far now, I think it's doing well. There is a high chance that the last ep will end in a cliffhanger and we would have to wait a year or so for the next season. Sighhhh. 

• Like 4

Tvn released Mi-Do’s relay cam:

They revealed their band name! 
Mi-Do and Parasol” *note this band name needs to be sung (please see example below):lol:

IE4gPD2.gif
How the name was conceived: They took away the notes ‘mi’ and ‘do’ and used the remaining notes and came up with ‘pa-ra-sol’ (using the notes ‘fa’, ‘la’ and ‘so’)

MKOcarU.gif

The guys teasing her endlessly after Mi-do claims she can’t handle alcohol well is so adorable:D:wub:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

OMG...I am loving this drama so far..fun to watch it. So real and with a different timing on the caracters. Love it. Yesterday saw it again at netflix and could not stop laughyn and and crying. So sweet. 

• Like 1

Please someone explain to me, I have some question :

- The scene when Jun Wan comforting the baby mama was flashback right? Because he had the same clothes (black & white sweater) when he was golfing with the hospital director. And the baby mama give him some yellow paper with inscription, I guess it was from temple (some talisman)? The same yellow paper surfaced again when Jun Wan come to the wedding, multiple photo shows Jun Wan holding the yellow paper again.

Is there some hidden meaning or Jun Wan just accidentally bring the yellow paper with him to the wedding? But his pants was different, one is silver and the other is black.

Please, I really confused..

Hospital Playlist: Episode 3

by lovepark

hospitalplaylist03-00305.jpg

Emergencies can happen at any time which is why doctors have busy schedules and no weekends. Despite the sleepless nights and crazy hours, these five friends work diligently because at the end of the day, their job is to save people. As the spotlight turns to Ik-joon and Joon-wan this hour, we learn a bit more about these two childhood friends and get a deeper glimpse into the responsibilities of those in the medical field.

EPISODE 3 RECAP

hospitalplaylist03-00001.jpg

Forced to make a choice, Jung-won stares at his desk with a grim expression: what character bandage to use? The patient today is a young boy who cries uncontrollably, and after some failed attempts to calm him, the mother slaps Jung-won in the shoulder, play-acting to show her child that she’ll protect him. Jung-won looks hurt as the mother calls him a “bad” guy, but for the patient’s sake, he plays along.

Joon-wan meets with a patient, and as usual, he’s direct with his prognosis and orders the patient to be admitted immediately. The patient asks if they could schedule the surgery to next week since his daughter is getting married in three days, but Joon-wan firmly denies his request. After their meeting, the patient’s daughter complains to the nurse about Joon-wan’s rude attitude, but the nurse replies, “Our apologies. We already know.”

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/03/hospital-playlist-episode-3/

11 hours ago, sleepydee22 said:

Please someone explain to me, I have some question :

- The scene when Jun Wan comforting the baby mama was flashback right? Because he had the same clothes (black & white sweater) when he was golfing with the hospital director. And the baby mama give him some yellow paper with inscription, I guess it was from temple (some talisman)? The same yellow paper surfaced again when Jun Wan come to the wedding, multiple photo shows Jun Wan holding the yellow paper again.

Is there some hidden meaning or Jun Wan just accidentally bring the yellow paper with him to the wedding? But his pants was different, one is silver and the other is black.

Please, I really confused..

The scene where jun wan comfort baby's mama was not flashback.   

His timeline was like that : golfing in the morning, getting call from the hospital and attend hospital matter, attend patients daughter's wedding (in wedding that yellow paper was the food coupon that he can it on that wedding, so it’s not related to baby's mama superstitious yellow paper), come back to the hospital to check on patients (thus we saw the morning outfits again.obviously he returns silver suit to his residence   after attending the wedding)                          

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@im0202 Awww thanks for the translations of the BTS. The karoke scene BTS is louder that the original scene. Haha. Love them all.

You’re welcome! Hahahha yes especially JKH he was really going for it in that scene:joy:

I can’t remember when was the last time I related to a scene in any kdrama as much as the Karaoke scene. To see the exact behaviour as I would have with my siblings/close friends play out onscreen... I just don’t know how to describe it, except I really enjoy watching it so much! It’s something special. :wub:

Also, anyone else have ‘Aloha’ playing on repeat?! I haven’t been able to get the song out of my head since last thursday... both versions are good!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, im0202 said:

You’re welcome! Hahahha yes especially JKH he was really going for it in that scene:joy:

I can’t remember when was the last time I related to a scene in any kdrama as much as the Karaoke scene. To see the exact behaviour as I would have with my siblings/close friends play out onscreen... I just don’t know how to describe it, except I really enjoy watching it so much! It’s something special. :wub:

Also, anyone else have ‘Aloha’ playing on repeat?! I haven’t been able to get the song out of my head since last thursday... both versions are good!!

Both the karoke scene and the kalguksu scene are sooo relatable. I don't know how this writer-PD does it. Not everyone can produce a drama that resonates with so many people. 

And yes Aloha is playing on a loop in my playlist. LOL. The wait for the next ep is killing me. There is only so many times I can rewatch the karoke scene. Can't the Thursday come faster? Sighhh. 

• Like 2

Even the opening is already funny :D

Love watching their chemistry outside the drama. The best drama cast ever! :wub:

My favourite scene:

1) When they speak english! :D

JJS: Now, Let get started. I have operation.

JKH: Adam's apple. Butterflies in the stomach.

2) When we try hard to not ship Joon-wan & Song Hwa, but then JKH:

ezgif-6-b77242a0a836.gif

3) When JKH called swoon staff "Seonsaengnim" aka Doctor :lol:

4) When YYS said Chilbong was his role that resembles him the most :wub:

ezgif-6-ba1acb3c222a.gif

BONUS:

A cute JJS & Sexy KDM

Spoiler

ezgif-6-0c6f73faaf37.gif

ezgif-6-e637b56e9bf8.gif

ezgif-6-b9ffec0237f9.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 3

I love how JKH oppa keeps shaking the board and makes it hard for everyone. Hahahahaha.  And his English though....Its sexy, he should stop making my heart flutter like this. Dammit. 

You know after this show ends they should be on one of the Na PD shows like Coffee friends or Youth over flowers. But they are all busy actors so it might be hard to get them on board. Sighhh. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1