[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

19 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

You remember, on the result day in that scene, the last shot before she enters doctor's room is a shot from the end of the hallway. At that time, i thought that was to give us a 3rd perspective .. that someone is there, seeing SH and IJ from a distance

You’re talking about the breast cancer biopsy result yeah?  Well there’s this scene where SHwa is sitting in her car beforehand?  She clasps her hands in prayer.  Andrea clasped his hands in prayer in the exact same manner when he did the Pink Run (which just so happens to be a Run for Breast Cancer support).  It’s too coincidental not to mean anything.  So I think there’s a scene missing there during the biopsy (to be revealed). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@heartoppayaIt is true that Writer Lee and Shin PD has a thing for First loves. I wonder if any one of them in real life got together with their first love and that's why they are very fond of them. Hahaha. But I feel like they will take a more mature realistic route in hospital playlist. In the Reply series the pool of guys from which the girl has to choose the husband was very limited. It's the guys she grew up with or the ones she went to school with. They had that connection from the beginning. But since the setting in HP is different and everyone is in their 40s here, and all of them have dating experience before except for Jeong won ofcourse, I think it would be more realistic if they don't end up with their first loves. LOL. Friends turned lovers is my favourite trope too but this writer/director duo had overused it too much in their previous dramas, so maybe it's time to take a new, refreshing route. I like IkJun and Song hwa together and I have been rooting for them ever since he showed up to get her biopsy result, but lately I've been feeling that she might choose Captain Ahn....

To be honest, if she’s going to choose Capt Ahn I wouldn’t be upset. There is something between them that could be developed into something more than a mentor-mentee relationship. Capt Ahn is a very nice guy. He cares, he had a traumatic past that he doesn’t let effect his current status and he likes Song Hwa a lot. First the shoes and now the umbrella. But don’t you think that Shin Won Ho is already giving us hints? 

Ik Jun was going to give Song Hwa a gift, but the timing wasn’t right and he missed his chance. And now that he knows Capt Ahn likes her, it’s his chance to not repeat his past mistake and walk up to her and tell her how he feels. If that happens then my theory will be right. But also, missed chances is one of the running topics in this drama. Jun Wan took his chance right from the beginning and he didn’t hesitate. Jeong Won hesitated with Gyeo Wool, so did Ik Jun with Song Hwa. Seok Hyeong also gave his best but was rejected. 

I also want to say, Chi Hong gave Song Hwa a pair of shoes, normally according to gift giving, gifting a pair of shoes means helping them to walk away from their lives. But if you gift someone an umbrella, doesn’t that mean that they want to protect you from harm? I’m not exactly sure about this. But it could pretty much mean that.

I also won’t be surprised if it ended up wirh Song Hwa meeting someone else entirely, like her family or a friend.

• Like 5

On first loves,

I think it is a very interesting choice for production team to deviate from their usual formula and introduce one relationship which they have never explored.

Talking about Rosa and Chairman. Clearly, best friends, childhood friends.

Now, why do we have this dynamics in this drama?

Rosa-Chairman, and drama making sure their halves are dead. AND everyone is well adjusted to this relationship.

1. Can drama be so bold to have them end up together (like taek and SW's parents) - asian society, they will get a lot of backlash. But, i would love if drama could go there and show old people realizing lost love post deaths of their respective partners

Are they the first love story in this drama?

2. Or, are they the foil to first love in this drama - that you may have liked the other, and other can live an entire life without being aware of that fact... and you may just die being best of the friends - life fulfilled.. and first loves don't always have to mean sthg

3. Or, that a man and a woman can truly be just friends. Just friends. SHwa doesn't need to have her lover from the group ( and is she someone who would not confess her love if she is sure about it)

Note, if they just wanted to show happy old age group of people (just as parents in 94,97,and 88).. they really could have that mafia game with the parents. Nobody had to die, because death hasn't changed anything for the main characters and propelled them to make choices which affect drama's plot or equations amongst themselves.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

Why oh why PD ,. Why you have to throw a love triangle in the mix. WHY it is for JJS again. Why.  I can't handle the hate SongHwa shippers would give to Ik Jun. Is this the cost of being paired up with the leading lady.:smirk:

Trust me, no one is able to hate Ik Jun :wub:

And i think no one in this Drama deserve the hate.. some character may be annoying but if i have to compare with other Korean Drama characters, most people in HP would be considered as Saint :D

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@heartoppaya Been here since Reply 1994 and I remember you from the Team Trash thread hehehe. Exciting times lolol.

I’m really rooting for Ikjoon/Songhwa but if she ends up with Capt. Ahn I wouldn’t mind either. Growing up I used to dislike the second lead because they were too nice and not as aggressive as the main lead, but now that I’m old enough, I understand that kindness is such a sexy trait.

• Like 7

A lovely trio

100934725.4.jpg

Shin Hyun-bin, Kwak Sun-young, and Eun-jin Ahn, who form a romance with the main character in the play, are attracting attention with different charms, are being spotted early as a new 'star' from director Shin Won-ho.

(Google translate)

http://www.donga.com/news/article/all/20200506/100934228/5

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Other musical actors in Wise Doctor Life/ Hospital Playlist

Ik-sun Lee, the younger sister of Ik-jun Lee and the head of the Army. Didn't you feel that your rap skills weren't unusual in the scenes with your brother, Ik-jun Lee and Tikitaka? Kwak Seon-young of Ik-soon Yoo is also a 14-year musical actress who debuted in 2007 with the musical <Great Catsby>. Not only did she participate in various musical works such as <Laundry>, <Find Kim Jong-wook>, <Sarang's praise>, but she also announced her name through dramas such as <To Dear Judge>, and <Boyfriend>.

Spoiler

Ahn Eun-jin, an obstetrics and gynecologist resident Choo Min-ha, is also a musical actress. Ahn Eun-jin, who made her debut with the 2012 musical <The Sorrow of Young Werther>, has been active in works such as the musicals <Infinite Power>, <Vanishing>, <Black Mary Poppins>, and has recently worked on the dramas <Life>, <Bingui>, < Others are Hell> and are actively engaged in the media.

The musical actors who appear as cameos every time are also indispensable. In the first episode, actor Lee Hyun-jin appeared as a guardian of a child who was holding a bear doll when Ahn Jung-won saw the child's medical examination. In episode 2, Chae Song-hwa's alumni is a cancer patient. The musical actor, Kim Seong-cheol, appeared as a surprise as an insurance company employee who was a patient of chest surgeon Kim Wan-wan. Jung Wan's role with Jun Kyung-ho also appeared in the drama <Prison Playbook>, so it was a pleasure to viewers. In the third episode, the musical rising star Shin Joo-hyup was active as the son of a father who had operated on before his daughter's wedding.

http://www.khan.co.kr/allthatart/art_view.html?art_id=202004181418001

We get it... Come on, PD nim, just do a musical episode already.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, larus said:

We get it... Come on, PD nim, just do a musical episode already.

You know, deep down I keep hoping they will do a sort of flash mob style of closing for season 1 :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, heartoppaya said:

Ik Jun was going to give Song Hwa a gift, but the timing wasn’t right and he missed his chance. And now that he knows Capt Ahn likes her, it’s his chance to not repeat his past mistake and walk up to her and tell her how he feels. If that happens then my theory will be right. But also, missed chances is one of the running topics in this drama. Jun Wan took his chance right from the beginning and he didn’t hesitate. Jeong Won hesitated with Gyeo Wool, so did Ik Jun with Song Hwa. Seok Hyeong also gave his best but was rejected. 

For Ikjun and Song hwa, definitely the timing was not right before, but the thing is they became too comfortable as friends now who knew each other for 2 decades, after all that has happened in their respective lives, are they still in the same place they were 20 years back? There are hints saying that Ik Jun is still hung up on her, but what about Song hwa? Even if Ikjun tells her how he really feels, what are the chances that she accepts him? First of all will IkJun really risk their friendship by telling her his feelings? Everything is a question mark for now. Everything will come down to Song hwa and where her heart lies RIGHT NOW. I'm hoping against hope that she still has some residual feelings for him and has not completely moved on. LOL. But if the writer decides to take a different route I guess I'm ok with that either. 

Btw this post I wrote under the assumption that Songhwa's past crush is indeed IkJun, I know there are lot of other theories going on about this. But I think no matter who her past crush is, it will eventually come down to what she feels right now. 20 years is such a long time to move on....

• Like 5
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

You know, deep down I keep hoping they will do a sort of flash mob style of closing for season 1 :lol:

That could work well  too. Maybe he doesn`t know it yet but PD Shin has this idea in his subcouncious. If not for season 1 maybe in season 2 he will let his ideas run wild.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Because Thursday can't come too soon, i've been repeating previous episodes. At first I am just enjoying it as it is, then get side-track by theories...now making my own observations that I think its Songhwa/Junwan. 

My question is why we are being shown Songhwa-Chihong/Ikjun, when it is more plausible for Iksun-chihong/junwan... if we go back Iksun is visiting chihong but got into accident then by fate met junwan. Songhwa lately seems to be missing junwan, asking his whereabouts, suggesting they cancel their practice bcoz junwan cant make it, interested about jun wan's gf but cant be bothered about others lovelife... in real life there are instances where both exes or those who suffered from unrequited  love find comfort in each other. So could it be why we are seeing closeness between songhwa and chihong when we thought she already rejected him. It just happens that chihong really like songhwa but songhwa could be missing junwan bcoz of iksun but iksun originally bestfriend with chihong... i know we all love songhwa and we dont want to show her in a bad light. but to put it bluntly, "you stole my bestfriend, i will steal yours as well...." i.e if there's really a thing going on between songhwa and captain ahn and if the skinship in ep.9 is a tell-tale sign.. ;) back to square one i guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dairymilks said:

This thread turns into a circus every Thursday because we’re always clowned by Shin PD

i hate to admit but its is true :sweatingbullets:

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Arrrgh don't. That scene traumatised me and my heart shattered. Even through I literally can't decide between Dr Ahn and Ik Jun. Dr Ahn is more my type and I want Song Hwa with him. But Ik Jun is so caring too.

But that is precisely why I suffer under this writing/PD team.

• Like 3