[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Dr Ahn's sigh is actly a sigh of relief after realizing that the guy in the car is most prob Dr Jang's bro? He was following the car with his vision and then turning to look in front as if he was thinking something, before turning to Dr Jang and then sighing while looking up with a slight "hidden" smile.. Psychologically speaking, looking up is always associated with positive feelings while looking down is linked with negative ones. If Dr Ahn was jealous/disappointed, he'd hav looked down after looking at Dr Jang. Sure, it must be confusing to him at first like 'how could this girl date another guy right after asking me out?' And this confused feelings hav been portrayed in ep 8 after Dr Jang left him with that blue hospital background in which he stoned and looked slightly down before being called out by his friends. I guess the director/pd is trying to show such contrast (Dr Ahn's feelings) in a super subtle way that keeps us wanting for more. Also, after this scene, Dr Ahn's attitude towards Dr Jang in ep 9 has also transformed into more protective & prouder (like how he cut Ik Joon by saying Jang gyeol is busy, how he covers up Dr Jang's medically jargoned explanation to the guardian and how he smiled when he saw the guardian hugging Dr Jang). Which guy in the right mind would have these reactions after thinking a girl who has just "confessed" to him is sharing a house with another guy she just met and dated?

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 7

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

I didn't see any lingering look though, he asked her a question "where are you going?" And she said that it's a secret. When you talk to someone you look at them, right? But I have to agree with your other points. IS's boyfriend story seems like it will mirror something in the future. Most probably hint at Song hwa and Andrea loveline. Ughhh. Andrea does pay more attention to her and I wouldn't be really surprised if we they reveal that she was his "love in 20s" LOL. I'm waiting to see something on Song hwa's end though. 

I have not started on The King either. LOL. I also feel like I'm betraying LMH oppa for JKH oppa. Hahaha. 

@kokodus

I wish i could do gifs and show you but if you go back in the elevator scene look  the whole 1 min in the elevator scene.

From the moment they see her in the elevator,look at JWon 's eyes and how he looks at her ,waives at her and after when he goes in with Jwan how very briefly their eyes met and linger for a second .

I am not good in analyzing and decipher things but some things are very obvious .

If this was coming from another writer/director I would go with a general view but coming from these two I pay more attention in gestures and looks.LOL no i m not going to the extend to look for door lines, meaning behind songs,I am not good at this anw but the answer is more simple sometimes. If you see the looks the characters give  esp. in the first 2 episodes you can tell where the drama goes.

But because I want to see a blooming wintergarden my only hope is the writer.

Maybe she will change a little her style this time .:D

As for the Parasite referral @nrllee 

its a memorize song and I am trying to see the connection .

I say i am trying because I have another drama that I watching this time and there you have to connect many dots .

I am talking for my  LMinho Oppa 's drama.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiklaminHo said:

As for the Parasite referral

I don’t think it’s not meant to be anything significant.  It was just thrown in there as a tribute to the director and the movie.  Done in passing.  Some may be wondering why IJ talked about Jessica, Illinois and Chicago.  Because Parasite was such a hit, when IJ said that, a lot of people would link it with the movie.  Just a passing mention which I thought was clever. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kiklaminHo said:

@kokodus

I wish i could do gifs and show you but if you go back in the elevator scene look  the whole 1 min in the elevator scene.

From the moment they see her in the elevator,look at JWon 's eyes and how he looks at her ,waives at her and after when he goes in with Jwan how very briefly their eyes met and linger for a second .

I am not good in analyzing and decipher things but some things are very obvious .

Is this what you mean, chingu? My GIF is a little bit slower than the original video, because the lift scene was quite fast (a gave them a little bit delay per frame). And I think I understand what you mean :huh:

6HOVOLl.gif

Idk, he feels like...just Jeong Won?

AnNywgc.gif

However, I think people have different interpretations of his stare. Since they are friends for twenty years, maybe he is just comfortable? And this squad seriously used to stare to each other with smiling eyes, believe me :)  And Jeong Won started to look at Jang Gyeo-ul like that too in several scenes. Or perhaps he always staring people that way since he is a Mr. Nice guy? And again, when you talk, you need to look at the people right? Uhmm, idk. For me it's kinda tricky to guess :huh:  Because he always seemed very nice like that in my opinion:D 

• Like 12
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

@kiklaminHo thanks for that pick up in the elevator.  He is extremely fond of her isn’t he?  :lol:  And he talks to her differently compared to the other guys whenever they are in a group setting.  Waiting patiently for FlowerGarden.  I have been picking up the breadcrumbs writer-nim.  It’s been lean pickings but it’s been there.  Give us long suffering FlowerGardeners something more overt please before season’s end?  Patience is a virtue. :)

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

im glad all this character this time started at 40’s 

if not the shiping war will be more extreme...well cant blame to anyone when the director and writer such a troll yet each times it makes all of us see certain situations or certain scene in different ways.

as it is start at 40’s the character is more mature and who ever their decision to end up it, we gotta believe it is not just romeo juliet  love...their choice became more mature as well..and due to that im glad the writer show how each of them have been in relationships outside the group..and they see their friend in love as well in broke heart...such a realitic drama

Aside that...i totally hope they released JJS cover as well the band cause it just so amazing...i cannot remember how many times i replay part their band performance 

• Like 9

OMg...I do not know what it is but...I am totally in love with this drama. Each week a see all of the episodes before the new one. And each time I find something new , I laugh and cry so much with the last 2 episodes. I wish there would be more episodes I can't believe we only have 3 more left....and then what would I see...this is the only drama I am fully following....

• Like 5

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

@kiklaminHo thanks for that pick up in the elevator.  He is extremely fond of her isn’t he?  :lol:  And he talks to her differently compared to the other guys whenever they are in a group setting.  Waiting patiently for FlowerGarden.  I have been picking up the breadcrumbs writer-nim.  It’s been lean pickings but it’s been there.  Give us long suffering FlowerGardeners something more overt please before season’s end?  Patience is a virtue. :)

@nrllee

I see that and I saw  before that more similar looks mostly from Andrea .SongHwa does it too.For example She did it in the elevator and she did when they went out to eat and IJ said the famous line from Inside Men.

SongHwa start laughing and who she looked for more than a sec ? Who she looked instinctively with out thinking ? With whom she wanted to share that moment ? With Andrea.

:tears:

Nope I am not happy but I try to focus in other aspects of the drama and I hope the best for my girl Dr.Jang.I have faith to Dr.IJ that  he will be there for her.:)

@Kaizen68 yes! thank you chingu!

this is exactly what I meant .Believe me I wish I am wrong but it is very obvious.( in my eyes )

To me the difference in JWon 's behavior towards GU most likely has to do with the fact that she starts to be a more mature doctor.More warm towards patients and probably she stopped looking at him like a 17 year old girl with a crush so probably he feels comfortable with her moving on and he starts be more relax around her.

I actually like to see first a confident Dr.Jang and watch more of her character development . Dr.Ik Jun can wait or maybe Andrea :) who knows what will happen in 3 seasons.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

@kiklaminHo Jang is having her character growth.  She’s a lot more independent and becoming her own person.  A bit like MinHa.  It looks like that new nurse is going to be competition for SH but honestly MinHa already has a head start.  She and SH have a nice understanding and relationship now - they have seen each other at their worst.  Perfect for it to blossom into more.  JunWan’s character has been fleshed out nicely as well.  His prickly exterior is a cover for his mushy interior.  He has it where it counts.  I hope IS doesn’t break his heart.  He seems a lot further on in the relationship than she is. But I guess she’s been burnt badly by her last bf so she’s a bit gun shy.  I think JunWan wants their relationship to be more public?  He had a weird response to the girl twin conversation about her bf in the staff room?  I can only attribute his weird look to one of envy/reflection.  He’s envious of how open her relationship is.  She can just tell everyone that he’s picking her up from work.  Thus far, JunWan and IS have had a clandestine relationship.  They sneak around.  They haven’t told anyone.  I wonder if IS will tell her bestie Capt Ahn?  Will JunWan tell IJ?  Or will he confide in SHwa first to ask for an opinion on how to approach the whole thing about dating and potentially marrying your good friend’s sister?

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Sorary said:

ok here i am again to share how i love hp especially on geul wol :wub:

this youtuber who is husband and wife and also doctor..i had share last pages and i notice other share the same thing

in here they few comparisons between characters who being in the same level or might consider the same level...

i love dr cha (the husband) interprets geul wol vs mi na character...

both were hard working doctors 

but both had pro and cons in their character ...he mention how he like that geul wol is more metaly stable and how fast learner she is...and he said for professer view geul wol is their choice but for patients perspective mi na was the one...

for the fact geul wol and mina can be bestfriend with different personality are lovely 

Thank you for sharing this and I appreciate that these doctors are spending time to share details in a real professional world. 

I do think some collective expectations over Gyeo Ul is a little too high because of Jeong Won. It's not fair to compare Min Ha and any other residents style with Gyeo Ul's because individually they already have their own way and also understanding or principles on some things. 

Minha have a softer emotional side, while Gyeo Ul's the opposite. Women are generally have higher EQ and I can relate to why both female doctors felt more for Minha compared to Gyeo Ul - especially with the different scenes or experiences of Minha and Gyeo Ul that we are all allowed to see. In reality, we would be able to see and hear more about them. their background and experiences to understand more about them. 

The male doctor sums up why Gyeo Ul is the GS princess to all male GS professors - because she meets their expectations. Honestly, we shouldn't expect one, in the real world, to immediately know exactly how best to be a great professional. Some people are born with it yes, but this also depends on several factors including upbringing, reflections and just past life experiences.

We would learn and grow from mistakes and from guidance/advice of others - either the hard or easy way. After being a resident for 2 years she still has plenty to learn from and she would have her own growth roadmap and pace. 

I think also, how she is and her growth at work isn't and shouldn't be a critical factor to determine whether she deserves to be loved and liked by someone or not, also the level of her EQ. Just because she may still lack this compared to others, she still deserves to get the man she likes and to be allowed to be true to her self. I accept her as she is and would like to see more of how she transform. 

I've read other theories of Jeong Won's and other characters. That's fine. In real life, feelings of others isn't something that I have control over. Just because I think one suits another due to their similarities, length of friendship etc, doesn't mean it is what that person wants or needs and vice versa. 

in this case of course, the writer has a lot of control over this, perhaps also reaction of viewers but since it is a drama - I chose to interpret it more from the character's wishes or what writer is telling me rather than who I want them to be with. I accept whatever the outcome, even if it is not what I'd like it to be.

@romancetrash Thanks for sharing the link. It's really cute that he started using emoji with her since she fainted from the allergy attack. Using emoji and ~ seems a little too friendly already imo. 

I'm actually surprised that it was coming from Gyeo Ul! :D

Edited by sakura22
  • Like 10
  • Love 4

@nrllee

About JWan .

I  am still waiting to see what happened to Hawaii.And I still want to see if IS was JWan s first love or if I want to be more accurate one of his first loves .hahaha

You remember the Mickey /Iksun sentence exchanges he had with IJ when they were talking about IS?when he thought someone is dead? lol

I feel that there is more.

As for Hawaii the only thing I can think is that JWon saw him in a situation that JWan dont want anyone to know.What all know is a confident JWan who dates a different woman every 3 months.

So in that photo probably JWan shows his vulnerability and how different he is from the prickly person they all think.

JWan left himself to fall for IS and here again I am thinking did he had a crush on her from before thats why he visited her 5-6 times ? even IS mentioned the frequency of his visit.It looked like JWan grabbed the chance to finally be close to her.So everything in this couple maybe  did not proceed fast like we think.

In the next episodes I also think we ll see a "heartbroken" JWan if IS choose to leave for her career.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

We are all Gyeoul. Giving meaning to every little thing. But who can blame us when we expect PDnim to be so detailed :joy:

c67346eacd85c2fa8066fa27c29a8789fc46775d

Although I am already convinced on the IkSong loveline (with the possibility of a triangle with Chi Hong), I can understand why some are seeing a possibility of Gyeoul liking Ikjun. I mean there are a number of dramas/movies with the same trope of guy-helps-girl-with-crush-but-they-fall-in-love. But I just can’t see this happening still because of the very important fact that Ikjun has Uju and I can’t see Gyeoul being a mom to Uju (well at least for now). And 9 episodes into the season, I still think that out of all the characters, only SongHwa could fit the role. Also, I doubt that they showed us the lack of closure in Ikjun’s affection for SongHwa for nothing. I think the direction is going towards him confessing his feelings unless something prevents him again from doing so.

Of course, they could still introduce new characters and given that we have 3 episodes and 2 full seasons more, there’s a lot of room for plot development. And of course, Ikjun doesn’t have to end up with anybody.

• Like 17