[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Since the timeline at the current episode is around January-February 2020, I wonder if they will have a "Pandemic" Arc. Probably not but I would be interested in how they would approach this. A headcanon where uri Gyeoul got sick and Andrea being worried sick. That's how the rest of the hospital found out they are dating.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Archana said:

It was also played in season 1 when the med student was in cardio surgery with Junwan and got to touch the heart. It paralleled with Junwan doing the same when he was a student.

It’s Pachelbel’s Canon in D. There are many versions/covers, so if you’re looking for the same exact version in drama, it may be difficult to find as I don’t think they release the instrumental BGM. 

Here’s one version

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

@shawolynnoh exactly. u got a good point here. This is the first time Jun Wan started eating first without him. So she just looked at him that how can he take lead without her. lol

And sorry for me being dense but can some chingu make me understand how IkSun faced racism? What kind of racism is that she faced.

I dont think that was racism, I think she was oversensitive 

• Like 1

After rewatching final episode of season 1, I notice the parallel between Iksong and Winter Garden, that is both girls (who LOVES to eat) put down their meal because of their loved ones.

So, does it mean we can have Iksong endgame? ^^

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Awesome 5

11 hours ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

@shawolynnoh exactly. u got a good point here. This is the first time Jun Wan started eating first without him. So she just looked at him that how can he take lead without her. lol

And sorry for me being dense but can some chingu make me understand how IkSun faced racism? What kind of racism is that she faced.

The person who took her order purposely making fun of her pronunciation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

It’s Pachelbel’s Canon in D. There are many versions/covers, so if you’re looking for the same exact version in drama, it may be difficult to find as I don’t think they release the instrumental BGM. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH! The satisfaction of FINALLY finding something you've been searching for for a year is wonderful. I'm happy girl today because of you. ☺️❤️

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote videos! Thanks!
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Archana said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! The satisfaction of FINALLY finding something you've been searching for for a year is wonderful. I'm happy girl today because of you. ☺️❤️

You’re welcome :) and welcome to soompi! 

Btw, you need to delete the YouTube in your reply. It’s one of the forums rules not to quote images/gifs/media. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JungRok said:
Everyone is talking about this.... 

I'm one of them ;;^^ But they really do show his smile on purpose. And although I believe Gyeoul only had eyes for Jeongwon, it's kinda cute seeing there's another person who thinks our winter is cute.

That reminds me, whatever happen to Gyeoul's brother? ;;^^ Did Jeongwon ever found out he's the future brother in law and not a competitor? I hope he will appear in S2

Btw, talking about Canon.. Anybody know the title of the bgm for the scene in S01E11, when Gyeoul talks to Jeongwon at the park and Mama Rosa saw them? I looked everywhere but couldn't find it..

• Like 3

@JJS's Fan-atics I don't know if its racism per- se or the wait staff being purposely dense. This is London which is heavily multi- cultural. ESL speakers with accents are common. I have heard multiple instances where a person purposely pretend not to understand an ESL person if they don't want to serve them. Now that is racism. I am an ESL speaker who happen to be fluent in English and have faced a lot of condescending behaviour from so- called native English language speakers. " Latte please " is not even a hard request.

Btw are the previews getting longer compared to S1?  The whole episode seems to be in it?

I am wondering if the writer is being dramatic in season 2? The emotional moments seems to be sprinkled heavier in each episode. Like the show is trying to be so smart. The Chae Song- hwa scene where she didn't do the initial introduction to have the misunderstanding.  The closed coffee shop so that we will see in ep 12 that its Ik-jun giving her the coffee.

Or Prof Yang getting more screentime and his song choice. And the fact he sent a patient a sms. He is shown to be more emotionally open this season.

Although the Jeong-wan ramen/ strawberry scene made me wheeze with  laughter. The way he rephrased his news after Ik-jun's smarmy answer.

The hand sanitisers PPL has made me laugh each week. First it was NICU and now ICU. Who ever labels which area its in?

• Like 6

17 hours ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

The cafe cashier acted on purpose as if she didn’t understand what Iksun said even tho it’s just simply “Latte Please!” with her accents. 

Perhaps it’s not explicitly spelled out for audience to see like the more apparent cases of racism, but it IS still racism. But cases like this happen VERY commonly for Asians in English-speaking countries. It’s not simply a case of mishearing or difficulties hearing. It’s almost like mocking Asian accents on purpose.

Hope that clears up for you!

10 hours ago, Mikayla Holloway said:

I dont think that was racism, I think she was oversensitive 

No. She was NOT oversensitive. If the cashier purposely pretended to not understand Iksun’s accent, that IS racial microaggression, aka still racism. Cases like her are very common in US and UK. And guess what? The common responses/reactions/comments to these racial microaggressions towards Asians or any other person-of-color from Caucasians would usually be “are you sure that’s racist or you’re just being oversensitive?”, dismissing the victims’ experience and feelings. This made all Asians living in those countries feel as if it’s their fault, their ‘bad’ accents that warranted these types of racist occurrences to themselves.

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

@JJS's Fan-atics I don't know if its racism per- se or the wait staff being purposely dense. This is London which is heavily multi- cultural. ESL speakers with accents are common. I have heard multiple instances where a person purposely pretend not to understand an ESL person if they don't want to serve them. Now that is racism. I am an ESL speaker who happen to be fluent in English and have faced a lot of condescending behaviour from so- called native English language speakers. " Latte please " is not even a hard request.

Iksun’s story implied that the cashier purposely acted as if she didn’t understand the simple “Latte Please”. I don’t think she was even served the latte at all and left bc she got so frustrated and flustered. So at the end, that cashier, in her subtly racist way, did and was able to refuse serving Iksun right? I don’t think that cashier was being dense at all. It IS racial aggression type of behavior, and like you said, condescending, which is totally enough to be labeled as racism. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree in fact as a best practise people serving stuff or taking orders in multicultural cities are taught to pay attention and lip read too if they are not able to understand. For a cash counter person not to be able to understand or even attempt to lip read simple two words like Please or Latte something they hear countless times a day is not possible. Cappuccino and Affogato may be mispronounced but with Latte it’s shorter and easier to pronounce. And she is in London a city that loves their lattes just as much as Koreans love their iced americanos. In fact of every 4 coffees ordered in London one is a Latte as per 2018 polls. If people are not understood it makes them feel flustered and out of place it’s one of the ways to make someone feel alienated. It is racism :heartbreak:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

On 6/25/2021 at 11:49 PM, JJS's Fan-atics said:

The person taking the order pretended s/he did not understand what IS was saying because of her pronunciation. I've heard people complaining that it had also happened to them, but it only happened to me with the French (never with people from other French speaking countries). English speakers are usually more understanding. On the other hand, I only have one British friend, who has never complained about my accent/ pronunciation, so I am not sure if all of them are as easygoing as him.

• Like 3

It looks like over the 20 years, Jun Wan was conditioned to be the first to attack the ramen before it is gone.

Season 1 (flashback):

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Season 2 (present):

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Jeong Won's announcement to his friends that he is dating Gyeo-Ul was so precious. Love how they are each other's biggest supporters. Seok Hyeong already knew Jeong Won was dating someone through his mom, but he did not pry nor spill his secret. What a friend. He knew Jeong Won would inevitably tell them whenever he was ready. Song Hwa smiling and nodding her head with satisfaction was so sweet. Jeong Won seemed touched when she told him she always thought they made a good couple. Ik Jun snickering to himself was so funny, but I seriously loved how genuinely happy he was for both Jeong Won and his dearest Gyeo-Ul. He was such their biggest shipper in season 1. Now, the next question is...when will Jun Wan open-up about him and Ik Sun. Will Ik Jun’s reaction be the same as it was for Jeong Won? LOL.

It is funny how almost all the moms wish to pair Song Hwa with their son. I am curious if we will get to see her patient’s mother’s son and if so, who will play him. I think this set-up may be a good opportunity for Song Hwa contemplate about her single status and if she is hesitant to date, why is that? Is she simply happy with her career or does there happen to be more that her heart wants? In terms of her and Ik Jun, it hurt when she “rejected him", but my judgment from the little moments that we saw of them in episode 2, it was necessary to illustrate the bigger picture for the two of them. We shall see…

I really liked how courteous, yet honest and transparent Seok Hyeong was with this ex-wife. He finally got the chance to tell her how bad he felt about their failed marriage. Though he is fine running into her, he believes they should move on. I was glad she agreed, and both were able to get closure on their relationship.

My heart goes out to the couple who ended up losing their baby. Although the chances were slim, I was hoping the odds would be in their favor. The quote, "Bad things at times do happen to good people" is true. There is no rhyme or reason why unfortunate things happen. I was moved by their card to Seok Hyeong. There is no doubt there was devastation and grief over their loss. To know that their spirits are ultimately not broken, but grateful, is very inspirational. I would really love to see this couple appear as Seok Hyeong’s patient again later and for him to deliver their next baby into their arms.

Last, what a treat that we got to see Seok Hyeong sing!

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I read SHB Bazaar Interview from fans Twitter. This is my own interpretation. 

Seems like her answer is highly likely shows that this might be her last season to appear as Jang Gyeoul, if they gonna have a 3rd season. I mean TvN might push the PD team for 3rd season due to ratings and high welcoming but in the end, it all depends on them. 

4 hours ago, JungRok said:

Seems like her answer is highly likely shows that this might be her last season to appear as Jeong Gyeoul, if they gonna have a 3rd season. I mean TvN might push the PD team for 3rd season due to ratings and high welcoming but in the end, it all depends on them. 

Hopefully not but we will never know until then. I would be very, very, very sad if she leaves. Poor Andrea.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JungRok said:

Seems like her answer is highly likely shows that this might be her last season to appear as Jeong Gyeoul, if they gonna have a 3rd season. I mean TvN might push the PD team for 3rd season due to ratings and high welcoming but in the end, it all depends on them. 

Hi, mind sharing the tweet?