[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

On 8/28/2019 at 9:45 PM, Dundee said:

On 8/28/2019 at 9:24 PM, roxnilla7 said:

@bluevenus here is the link to request for the title on Netflix. You also dont have to have a Netflix subscription to request a title.

Hey guys! Thanks heaps for answering my question. I did request and hopefully Netflix will be able to acquire the right to broadcast it.

On a different note, I saw that Viki has uploaded 6 episodes so far and because of that I will become a member because i don't have the patient for the ads. I am not a hardcore cdrama/kdrama or whatever drama fan so i only have a Netflix subscription but this drama is arresting the Viki subscription is worth it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, loyaltvbviewer said:

Too bad this story is not broadcasted in China on TV and only can be seen online. I think a lot more will come to like it knowing the reviews. 

Maybe it's better that it broadcasted online due to tv restrictions. Maybe they would have to cut many things if was supposed to be shown on tv!  I' ve read the whole text with the rules but i dont know if it counts for online projects too. I think its only for tv shows and not in general (shows and movies)

Im watching ep46 subbed, some scenes, and i have to say....

is JX an idiot or what?

Spoiler

After all he is an immortal too, he 's aware of these things, he knows that Amo and LingXi is the same person, doesnt he know how dangerous it is to reveal to Amo that when she dies, LX will come back? He should come back with a better idea than that!

He also wants to save her but he should handle it better! What a fool!

Btw, i ve just checked out the guy who plays Zhong Hao. What a hottie! My gosh he's hot!

Xue+Haowen+63830.jpg

4 hours ago, bluevenus said:

Hey guys! Thanks heaps for answering my question. I did request and hopefully Netflix will be able to acquire the right to broadcast it.

On a different note, I saw that Viki has uploaded 6 episodes so far and because of that I will become a member because i don't have the patient for the ads. I am not a hardcore cdrama/kdrama or whatever drama fan so i only have a Netflix subscription but this drama is arresting the Viki subscription is worth it.

The cool thing is that you don't have to pay...yeah the commercials are annoying, but I don't pay for Viki and I get to watch for free...this drama is soooo good! So glad that they are now showing it.

10 hours ago, fivebowls said:

Very long post with spoilers.

I read the article discussing how the show treats reincarnated love.  It has some good points but I disagree with some things.

JX is not trying to save Amo because he thinks Amo’s life should not be sacrificed for LX.  He knows that once LX returns with all of her memories, he would have no chance with her.  JX’s love for Amo is a selfish one.  He has a past and not the best reputation among the immortals. Here is Amo, who is kind to him and doesn’t know about the real JX.  JX likes how Amo treats him.  Thus, he wants to keep Amo as Amo because it serves his own purposes, while knowing full well that JC is not just trying to save LX, but also to get rid of the demon mark so the demon lord cannot come back (JX knows this because one of his underlings told him).  He is ultimately a selfish person without the strong principles that JC and LX have.  He also has the tendency to blame others for his misfortunes, rather than take responsibility for his own actions.  There are numerous examples (e.g., obsessed with taking revenge on his clan’s killer and making excuses for his own betrayal of the clan).  That is why his actions are so inconsistent.  He does something kind of good, and then hurts another for his own gain.

That is why LX will never choose JX.   There is no budding romance between

Amo and JX (maybe in JX’s mind alone), and Amo is not simply lured into a romance by JC’s tricks.  You have to give our Amo more credit than that.  Even before JC shows up, Amo knows that JX has romantic feelings toward her, but never treats him more than as a friend and housemate.  Remember that Amo wants to be independent and having a romantic relationship is the last thing on her mind.  Whatever attraction she feels for JC before her drowning incident might still be there but is of very low priority.  It would take a lot more than someone being weak, nice to her, or sweet-mouthed to move her guarded heart.  In a BTS, NN was discussing a scene with JX’s actor and said that it would not be right for Amo to have romantic feeling for JX.  Amo lets JC into the house to hide from the rain but still tries to get him to leave again the next day.  She sees through his tricks.  Her attitude toward him really changes in episode 40 after JC gets hurt fighting with that beast pillaging the village (contrast JC’s action with JX’s inaction).  She sees his true character then.  All those little “tricks” JC uses only work because Amo’s heart is already moved by him.  Just like in LX’s first life, she originally worships JC as an idol but truly falls for him only after she sees what kind of person he is.  

There is no question in my mind that, for JC, LX and Amo are one and the same.  Their outward personalities are different due to their upbringings, but the core that JC loves is the same.  After JC and Amo are together, she becomes more bold and talkative like LX.  She asks him outright whether their engagement still counts.  She hounds him about his real identity.  She yaks on and on about her plan to raise chicken and make money.  She asks him to make her noodles for her 19th birthday.  It’s also really sweet how Amo tries to protect JC even when she thinks that he may be a demon for freezing those two bullies, like how LX tries to defend JC when the whole heaven tribe is against him.

You are so right. I never say Ah Mo have any romantic interest in JX and when I read that I was like, "Where?" He was so annoying! 

Just got done watching episode 15, and I wondered why JC puts LX into the cold chamber at Mt. You Du?? What is he trying to prove?? Then, towards the end, he says he's taking her back to Peach Blossom (he knew she's related to the Demon King).

I just love the chemistry between Ni Ni and Chang Chen :)!! Such a romantic time when she asked him if she got into trouble, and that's why he puts her into the cold chamber....that ending ep 15 was bittersweet. It's like he wants to keep her next to him bc he's falling in love with her, but he also knows that he needs to protect her and keep her away from the demon king. 

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

Just got done watching episode 15, and I wondered why JC puts LX into the cold chamber at Mt. You Du?? What is he trying to prove?? Then, towards the end, he says he's taking her back to Peach Blossom (he knew she's related to the Demon King).

I just love the chemistry between Ni Ni and Chang Chen :)!! Such a romantic time when she asked him if she got into trouble, and that's why he puts her into the cold chamber....that ending ep 15 was bittersweet. It's like he wants to keep her next to him bc he's falling in love with her, but he also knows that he needs to protect her and keep her away from the demon king. 

He leaves her there so to die. First he took her  to You du Mountain to check is she indeed has demonic essence inside her, and when he saw that she could enter easily there, he was sure about it. So he decided to kill her (the chamber that he locked her in, i think it was inside Conji-his place).

Soon enough he regrets what he did and runs to save her. Then he takes her back to peach forest to leave her there where he thought she would be safe.

I dont think he is determined to save her at that time, but surely he decided that he cant bear to kill her and he just made sure she will hide into peach forest away from him and everything so to be safe.

@fivebowlsVery well said, which is why I also don't agree with the cfensi's article about the reincarnated love.  To me the author missed the subtle acting from Ni Ni in regard to Amo feeling toward JX and JC.  I also feel that the author made the character Amo to be more naive when she's not.  To me Ah Mo is a very smart and observant person and judge a person based on what she see rather what people said. 

From the first moment she met JC to the very end, she's very much acted like LX.  She placed JC's well-being above her.  Like who would read a medical book about how to get rid of cold sickness and decided to make a pouch containing ingredients that would help with it for a person you just met.  Only a person that care about the other person well-being. And toward the end of the mortal arc, when she saw JC with his hand on his heart, eventhough she has doubt about his love, but she still ask if he’s hurt and help him fulfilled his wish to see LX.  If Amo is being tricked by JC, it’s because she agree to it willingly.  

@Vals Stor Because of this series, a lot of people feel like they're being poisoned and there's no antidote to get rid of the poison from what I read on weibo and douban.   I guess it's the same for myself and some of us here. :lol:

7 hours ago, Vals Stor said:

Im watching ep46 subbed, some scenes, and i have to say....

is JX an idiot or what?

Reveal hidden contents

After all he is an immortal too, he 's aware of these things, he knows that Amo and LingXi is the same person, doesnt he know how dangerous it is to reveal to Amo that when she dies, LX will come back? He should come back with a better idea than that!

He also wants to save her but he should handle it better! What a fool!

Btw, i ve just checked out the guy who plays Zhong Hao. What a hottie! My gosh he's hot!

Xue+Haowen+63830.jpg

Saw on his weibo page that he filmed a movie with Chang Chen; currently in post production.  

37 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

Saw on his weibo page that he filmed a movie with Chang Chen; currently in post production.  

Really?  Can you tell me the movie title?

Oh my gosh! The two of them together?  Hot alarm hot alarm hot alarm!

:joy:

-------------------------

About Amo-though im not very fond of her, (if i have to choose between Amo's version and LX, i ll always prefer LX), Amo has grown up as a disabled child in these hard times of humanity, when being disabled was a curse,  a shame, for the kid and for the whole family.

She grew up being bullied, and learned to be introverted to survive. If not for her gorgeous father (whom i adore really, i liked this character so much, and the actor too), who gave her all his love and affection from the beginning and replaced even her mother's love, Amo would be miserable and with zero self confidence. 

Even at the age of 17-18 ( i suppose that's her age when she left home),  she has the g@ts to live alone, get a job and survive. 

And with the two men, she took care of them so warmly but when they pushed her limits she put her foot down and kicked them out of her place, politely and with no further excuses. If it wasnt for her kindness and her need to help whoever is in need, either JX or JC could approach her at all

2 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

@fivebowlsVery well said, which is why I also don't agree with the cfensi's article about the reincarnated love.  To me the author missed the subtle acting from Ni Ni in regard to Amo feeling toward JX and JC.  I also feel that the author made the character Amo to be more naive when she's not.  To me Ah Mo is a very smart and observant person and judge a person based on what she see rather what people said. 

From the first moment she met JC to the very end, she's very much acted like LX.  She placed JC's well-being above her.  Like who would read a medical book about how to get rid of cold sickness and decided to make a pouch containing ingredients that would help with it for a person you just met.  Only a person that care about the other person well-being. And toward the end of the mortal arc, when she saw JC with his hand on his heart, eventhough she has doubt about his love, but she still ask if he’s hurt and help him fulfilled his wish to see LX.  If Amo is being tricked by JC, it’s because she agree to it willingly.  

@Vals Stor Because of this series, a lot of people feel like they're being poisoned and there's no antidote to get rid of the poison from what I read on weibo and douban.   I guess it's the same for myself and some of us here. :lol:

So true

@blueclueblue Yep, that’s me for sure, poisoned.  It’s also funny how many on Douban admit to being “old aunties” who are professionals, moms and working moms who have gone crazy over the drama and commenting on Douban for the first time because of it.  They liken the show to that abyss in Shanlin - you can fall in but cannot get out. :joy:

1 hour ago, fivebowls said:

@blueclueblue Yep, that’s me for sure, poisoned.  It’s also funny how many on Douban admit to being “old aunties” who are professionals, moms and working moms who have gone crazy over the drama and commenting on Douban for the first time because of it.  They liken the show to that abyss in Shanlin - you can fall in but cannot get out. :joy:

Not to mention the CP shippers profiles that appear in dozens everyday!

:joy:

I hate to be that person but.. I much prefer Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms LoL:P Sorry~ To compare these 2 is like apples to oranges, while Love & Destiny can't out rival TMOPB, it is a worthy drama to watch in its own right. 

Ling Xi's trials as Ah Mo in the mortal realm were my favorite out of the entire drama. The rest was mostly filler & sort of draggy.. Ni Ni was really good at the emo scenes & she made me feel for Ah Mo's struggles as a handicap. Being discriminated against by her own family. It was very moving and poignant at times.

The actor who plays Jing Xiu is just as impressive but I find him very contradictory LoL. One moment he seem to be warm, the next he's a cold blooded killer. I kind of feel for him that he never got the girl but oh well:lol: (shrug) in his next lifetime I guess?;)

And Jiu Chen had to let Ling Xi die like, 3 times before he could save her ha-ha while she willingly gave up her life for him - so cruel :unsure: their fate.. anyways I enjoyed this drama regardless. 

This must be in a long line of several other Wu Xia dramas i watched that deals with destiny and love etc. The Chinese must truly believe strongly in reincarnation.

16 minutes ago, Winterfairy said:

I just thought it’s really sweet. You know that feeling when you see an elderly couple holding hands. 

lol! hey! don't call them old! JC is very sensitive to being called "old" haha 

yeah, they are so natural. I freaking love this series to bits 

Archived