[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

11 hours ago, Chinese-drama-viewer said:

I rather the sub  team sub this show exclusively so that it gets sub faster. any why only 6 episodes/week. this will drag on for 10 weeks to complete. was thia a wise viki deal?  all episodes are out on youtube already.  netflix sub 10 episodes a week for the king's avatar . I say if you have netflix, request love and destiny

https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest

You don't want the King's Avatar deal lol. They are using the essentially machine translation weTV are using, which is a terrible terrible way to experience the drama. It's largely understandable if you've read the novel or seen the donghua/anime enough times to get the gist of what's going on, but I definitely expected better from Tencent and Netflix.

That said, I do support people keep requesting the drama, since Ni Ni's drama last year was license by Netflix, and it's also by Croton. That one is actually harder to sub compared to this (and this is definitely harder than a contemporary series like go go squid). It released 15 episodes a week at the time. I did get the impression that they closed the deal fairly early on, which is why Netflix could debut the drama before it even finished airing in China. I don't think Netflix would sub the dramas faster than Viki could, but you do get to see it in glorious HD form if it's on Netflix!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m with @zijinini my favorite part is the 2nd arc, but I like the second half of the second arc (does that makes sense). The 2nd arc is funnier and has so many sweet moments.

@shimshimae It’s regrettable that they didn’t show LX capability because early on she mention that’s she’s good at strategy and formation, and how she wants to be a general too. But I can see that it makes sense for her to give up the thrown because she never raise to rule or be involved in politics. Honestly, her family line should stop ruling base on past history. Her grandfather was a tyrant, mother give up on the kingdom because of love. lol not looking good.

48 minutes ago, Winterfairy said:

I’m with @zijinini my favorite part is the 2nd arc, but I like the second half of the second arc (does that makes sense). The 2nd arc is funnier and has so many sweet moments.

@shimshimae It’s regrettable that they didn’t show LX capability because early on she mention that’s she’s good at strategy and formation, and how she wants to be a general too. But I can see that it makes sense for her to give up the thrown because she never raise to rule or be involved in politics. Honestly, her family line should stop ruling base on past history. Her grandfather was a tyrant, mother give up on the kingdom because of love. lol not looking good.

I like all the parts where the leads are together and see the changes in their behavior towards each other in the different arc. I like the playfulness that JC does to get his girl in the 2nd and 3rd arcs.  I like his smile when he is with NN. She brings the best out of him .

5 hours ago, zijinini said:

Well I like the scond arc the most. Ni Ni's acting in the second arc is freaking amazing.

I have been rewatching the second arc for like 10 times already.

I also like the second arc; it's so much more emotional to me. I guess at this point, the love is there, the uneasiness of death that play into the storyline is really making it good for me.   Every action that Jiu Chen acts on is not for him at that moment but for the future LX when she comes back with the possibility that he’s not there.  

Acting wise, 1st arc is more for Chang Chen, Ni Ni is also good but 2nd arc is where she really shines. I really like all of the scenes of Chang Chen and Ni Ni together in the later part of the 2nd arc and the 3rd arc.  There’s no restriction between them like the 1st arc.     

I like how they expand the character LX by making Ah Mo independence and brave.  She left her home, how she wants to become a doctor, told him that she’s not going home with him and will continue to live her current life.  Take him back to her home and meet her family after accepting him as Jiu Chen. She basically broke an arrange marriage that cause damage to a family reputation to be with him. 

I cried the most with the ending.  Honestly, Jiu Chen always came through for the people around him and when it comes to him, it really makes you wonder if the people around him will come through for him.   

There’re just too many Yun Feng and Qing Yao scenes for their love story, I wish that they cut that and actually expand the ending on how everyone work together for Jiu Chen. 

@shimshimaeLX actually did things for her people as a ruler.  They talked about it twice, one between all of her subjects and another between Jiu Chen and his posse (the part where Shi San told everyone that they visited LX and she gave them tea).

I'm with @blueclueblue and @zijinini the second arc for me had the most growth in terms of personality and character building as well as plot. it took some time to get used to how much JX was in it, but the acting, the emotions, the cast...the plot, everything moved so fast. 

I get that people didn't like Ah Mo much, but to me, she was just precious. she went through so much so it made sense that she is so timid and caution. but even with all that, she is still so dang brave. 

I notice that LX really take her fathers personalities. She's fun and care free like Le Bo and timid and soft spoken like her mortal father. But she is still the same brave, kind, and intelligent self. 

I like that the second part really pushes JC to be more open with his feelings and honest with his own emotion as well as LX gaining new maturities and skills. 

On another note, NiNi blew me out of the water as Ah Mo, when she was crying and suffering, I really felt it for her! 

@Vals Stor @shimshimae speaking of fanfic, I agree, although my writing skill isn't all that great, imma share some short one I wrote once we get all the subs haha. 

1 hour ago, Cammy said:

I'm with @blueclueblue and @zijinini the second arc for me had the most growth in terms of personality and character building as well as plot. it took some time to get used to how much JX was in it, but the acting, the emotions, the cast...the plot, everything moved so fast. 

I get that people didn't like Ah Mo much, but to me, she was just precious. she went through so much so it made sense that she is so timid and caution. but even with all that, she is still so dang brave. 

I notice that LX really take her fathers personalities. She's fun and care free like Le Bo and timid and soft spoken like her mortal father. But she is still the same brave, kind, and intelligent self. 

I like that the second part really pushes JC to be more open with his feelings and honest with his own emotion as well as LX gaining new maturities and skills. 

On another note, NiNi blew me out of the water as Ah Mo, when she was crying and suffering, I really felt it for her! 

@Vals Stor @shimshimae speaking of fanfic, I agree, although my writing skill isn't all that great, imma share some short one I wrote once we get all the subs haha. 

Looking forward to the fan fic 

SPOILERS(MY SPOILER TAB ISN'T WERKING SO THIS IS A WARNING.

I think this story is more romantic and well written than TMOPB. Everything from Lingxi overcoming her trials and ascending into a high immortal to Jiu chen realising his destiny is not only to save the world but to also fall in love with lingxi. These two were meant to be even as celestial beings(lingxi later becoming a phoenix and jiu chen a dragon). If anyone is interested I have a couple of facts that might interest you.

• The dragon and the phoenix are a happy celestial couple. A statue or even just a painting of the dragon and phoenix is a symbol of marital bliss and everlasting love. It also strengthens and rekindles relationships.(explains the very hot chemistry and longing for each other)

• The feng huang is an extremely kind creature, which is why legends of the phoenix do not contain any elements of vengeance—the bird simply shuns those who fail to meet its high moral standards. In fact, the phoenix is so docile, that it only consumes morning dew to avoid causing harm to any animals or plants. The phoenix also symbolises justice and graciousness. It does not tolerate lies or the abuse of power, which is why it never appears to people who engage in such amoral acts.

(explains why lingxi is so kind and forgiving at times)

• “When the phoenix feels its end approaching, it builds a nest with the finest aromatic woods, sets it on fire, and is consumed by the flames. From the pile of ashes, a new Phoenix arises, young and powerful.( basically lingxi is meant to die and be reborn from her death in order to become stronger. The phoenix(lingxi) knows the moment she will die and usually accept their death and do it herself

Spoiler
    Spoiler

. This explains lingxi's death in both arc 1 and 2 and her rebirth in arc 3

13 hours ago, shimshimae said:

Hypocrite Gugu :D you were encouraging @Cammy with the fanfic remember :joy:

@Winterfairy yesss - we'll save fanfic for later - there's so much stuff to discuss since the subs aren't out on the later episodes and I really love watching so many scenes in this drama and agree with @Vals Stor about the purity of their relationship - the common cliched tropes have been successfully avoided and you have a very funny way with English Gugu - I love all your funny metaphors (can't remember properly - you said something like only CC can look hot in furniture clothing LMAO) -

And the "feminist" aspect of this - I love how both develop - and I love how buttery JC gets LOL - the only thing I sort of have minor issues with is how giving up ruling her kingdom is not even a big sacrifice for LX - she isn't conflicted much about it - (I wouldn't too if I was in love with God of War) but I want to see her doing something big and good with her powers apart from being a good mom

And these days I'm obsessed with ep 58 scene where JC talks with LX for the last time before going off fighting battles alone - it's such a lovely scene - I just want to see them talk normal everyday stuff lol (I recently watched AvenueX review and she was saying something similar)

I want to see more of LX in the third arc and how she kicks richard simmons :D and still be this girly girl who wants to stitich her own wedding gown :D:D

SO I also love that scene where he talks to her right before leaving, but what is he saying? they're on the bridge, yes? There is a momento where he laughs and starts walking away and then she runs behind him and hugs him...can you give me the short version of what was said? Such a beautiful scene and you can see the conflict in his face. Like he's listening to her but there is also an inner pain that he's struggling with because he knows he has to let her go. So sad!!!! 

16 hours ago, shimshimae said:

Hypocrite Gugu :D you were encouraging @Cammy with the fanfic remember :joy:

@Winterfairy yesss - we'll save fanfic for later - there's so much stuff to discuss since the subs aren't out on the later episodes and I really love watching so many scenes in this drama and agree with @Vals Stor about the purity of their relationship - the common cliched tropes have been successfully avoided and you have a very funny way with English Gugu - I love all your funny metaphors (can't remember properly - you said something like only CC can look hot in furniture clothing LMAO) -

And the "feminist" aspect of this - I love how both develop - and I love how buttery JC gets LOL - the only thing I sort of have minor issues with is how giving up ruling her kingdom is not even a big sacrifice for LX - she isn't conflicted much about it - (I wouldn't too if I was in love with God of War) but I want to see her doing something big and good with her powers apart from being a good mom

And these days I'm obsessed with ep 58 scene where JC talks with LX for the last time before going off fighting battles alone - it's such a lovely scene - I just want to see them talk normal everyday stuff lol (I recently watched AvenueX review and she was saying something similar)

I want to see more of LX in the third arc and how she kicks richard simmons :D and still be this girly girl who wants to stitich her own wedding gown :D:D

:joy: Junior, im blushing!  (and im tasting my own medicine with that fanfic thing, cause im that close to start writing stuff)

Girls, how about arranging a live watching of subbed episodes on Viki together? Do you want to settle a day and time to watch episodes together on Viki?

We can find a suitable time for everyone so to watch together and have fun!

( i suggest we should wait until first 10 -at least- episodes are ready with subs so to have plenty of material to watch and comment)

-------------------

That scene on the bridge really broke me! He nailed it! All his introverted acting was there on his face, and im sure that his body could move and act better if his clothing was suitable! 

I mean, wtf with that costume designer! Especially for CC, his clothes are horrible both in heavens and in mortal world. They are huge, they make him look square shaped and those ribbons on his weist- oh my gosh- my eyes suffer! (that ribbon thing, i ve noticed it since i ve heard it from AvenueX, she was kinda-"what??ribbons? really now?" hahahhahahaha

I could easily fire the whole costume designers team in that drama-especially the ones who made CC's costumes!

It reminds me how much i wanted to fire the make up artist in TMOPB with that freaky terrakota makeup on YeHua! He was like Kardashians in male form! :joy:

Chang Chen has a great body language in his acting.But in L&D he just stands there like a rock with all that heavy fabric on him, especially his hands are totally disabled-since he isnt much experienced with ancient costumes.

Hair and costume artists<fail on that part!

3 hours ago, Flor123 said:

SO I also love that scene where he talks to her right before leaving, but what is he saying? they're on the bridge, yes? There is a momento where he laughs and starts walking away and then she runs behind him and hugs him...can you give me the short version of what was said? Such a beautiful scene and you can see the conflict in his face. Like he's listening to her but there is also an inner pain that he's struggling with because he knows he has to let her go. So sad!!!! 

Others who know Mandarin might be able to give you a better summary - there was a translation of it in previous pages (you would have to dig it up because I don't remember where it is)

Roughly, he asks her to find someone kind after he dies because he is much older than her (this is when she tears up and says something (I don't know what she says here) and then he turns and walks and she runs to hug and suggests that she move in with him to Congji Abyss (this is what I think she says) he is amused with her forwardness I think and then she talks about how to grow peach trees there - basically making a "home" out of it - he nods and then she asks him his favorite color - he asks why or something and she replies she wants to stitch her own wedding gown in that color and he's obviously stricken - such beautiful acting by CC :')

7 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

:joy: Junior, im blushing!

Girls, how about arranging a live watching of subbed episodes on Viki together? Do you want to settle a day and time to watch episodes together on Viki?

We can find a suitable time for everyone so to watch together and have fun!

( i suggest we should wait until first 10 -at least- episodes are ready with subs so to have plenty of material to watch and comment

Gugu! :D

While I like the idea it might be difficult to coordinate and watch together but it'll definitely be super fun if it's possible :D :D

11 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

Gugu! :D

While I like the idea it might be difficult to coordinate and watch together but it'll definitely be super fun if it's possible :D:D

We can make it in groups, we can just post here whenever each one of us goes on Viki to watch an episode and whoever is available that time, just logs in on Viki too

*we need to share our withdrawal syndrome, kind of group therapy thing :joy:

9 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

I also like the second arc; it's so much more emotional to me. I guess at this point, the love is there, the uneasiness of death that play into the storyline is really making it good for me.   Every action that Jiu Chen acts on is not for him at that moment but for the future LX when she comes back with the possibility that he’s not there.  

Acting wise, 1st arc is more for Chang Chen, Ni Ni is also good but 2nd arc is where she really shines. I really like all of the scenes of Chang Chen and Ni Ni together in the later part of the 2nd arc and the 3rd arc.  There’s no restriction between them like the 1st arc.     

I like how they expand the character LX by making Ah Mo independence and brave.  She left her home, how she wants to become a doctor, told him that she’s not going home with him and will continue to live her current life.  Take him back to her home and meet her family after accepting him as Jiu Chen. She basically broke an arrange marriage that cause damage to a family reputation to be with him. 

I cried the most with the ending.  Honestly, Jiu Chen always came through for the people around him and when it comes to him, it really makes you wonder if the people around him will come through for him.   

There’re just too many Yun Feng and Qing Yao scenes for their love story, I wish that they cut that and actually expand the ending on how everyone work together for Jiu Chen. 

@shimshimaeLX actually did things for her people as a ruler.  They talked about it twice, one between all of her subjects and another between Jiu Chen and his posse (the part where Shi San told everyone that they visited LX and she gave them tea).

I agree with you about Ni Ni's acting in second arc - she really nailed it - character wise I prefer LX for the spunk but Amo has her moments too ^_^

I know she did things for people as a ruler - which is why I wanted to see more of that side of her and how she handles difficult situations

@Winterfairy yes, they should have shown us her strategy skills in the ending

What would have been a perfect ending for me - is LX actually becoming a general and commanding troops and coordinating with the Thunder God and others in an epic battle to save JC (like flipping the story over how JC literally fought against the world to save her) 

4 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

We can make it in groups, we can just post here whenever each one of us goes on Viki to watch an episode and whoever is available that time, just logs in on Viki too

*we need to share our withdrawal syndrome, kind of group therapy thing :joy:

Sounds good to me - good that there's enough of us suffering from this LOL

Just now, shimshimae said:

I agree with you about Ni Ni's acting in second arc - she really nailed it - character wise I prefer LX for the spunk but Amo has her moments too ^_^

I know she did things for people as a ruler - which is why I wanted to see more of that side of her and how she handles difficult situations

@Winterfairy yes, they should have shown us her strategy skills in the ending

What would have been a perfect ending for me - is LX actually becoming a general and commanding troops and coordinating with the Thunder God and others in an epic battle to save JC (like flipping the story over how JC literally fought against the world to save her) 

Third arc was sadly wrapped up too quickly! There were plenty of useless scenes to cut from 1 and 2nd arc (not including OTP moments of course) and give space and time for 3rd arc so to see LX in her upgraded version

It was rushed. She came back, she remembered he killed her and gave him a cold shoulder for a moment, then she took distance for a moment and then everything was ok as if nothing happened. Far too rushed for a heroine that just got through so much!

All we had to enjoy of her power development was her scene on Heavenly court, first scene after her reborn and that was it.

She was so successfully picturing the changes that happened to her in every movement, face, form of speech, attitude etc.

I d like to have more scenes of her being like that!

Archived