[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

11 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@Alice Wonderland HAHAHAHA yea like ughhhhhhhh where is she at hahahahhahha!! I was going to try and send her all of the scientific  and mathematical analysis I did for TKEM HAHAHA!!! I'm right there with you on still wanting to see the scenes!!! I would throw out my scientist brain and my thesis I am working on right now if I could just see the year 2025 or 2034 or whatever else hahhaha!!! :love:

I think she should hire you for the second season. You can probably become her ghost writer but if you get the job and give us some ridiculous ending you better run for your life:joy: 

BTW just for fun sake which direction would you take a possible second season? Without WDH his doing another drama and will probably enlist after that. I know where would you take this multiverse slush time travel fantasy

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Finally! After a long day, I am here to chat!! But what is this?? 

14 pages of discussion since I have left last night. 

giphy.gif

Earlier, I only had 6 pages of catching up. Now, it’s already 8 more.

For sure we ain’t getting any more spoilers. So there has to be some kind of gutter talk going on around here :joy:

*backtrack mode ON again, as if TKEM hasn’t even ended yet :D *

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

I went to watch "Cheese in a Trap" because I cannot get enough of Kim Go Eun. :wub:

Ha ha.. this is when I got to know KGE very well but the drama is a trauma for me because of the ending.  I didn't even watch any other drama which have the two actors after that (It's a little bit foolish I know :ph34r: but I'm getting better)

So as not to disappoint them. I watched The King again. Hahahahahahaha

I missed you guys! 

Ha ha ha.. enjoy.. who knows you might see something new ... 

p.s I've just realised @Alice Wonderland has the same trauma with me... after I've submitted this post.  What do you know... ha ha

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, x2020 said:

you can also try memories of the sword. I love the way she do the sword action movie like this. If you look at the making story on youtube, she do the wire-stunt herself and practice with sword. BEAUTIFUL!

As a KGE bias, I am greatful to whoever with her that involved 

I will have it on my list. 

What about tune in for love? Is it better then swords of memory? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

It was perhaps the lack of Soju? With some Soju perhaps we will cool down.

I have also been cooking and checking out soompi to spazz:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

22 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

I think this is the best that LMH has looked so far. 

Absolutely, with the possible exception of Faith (Now I'm hooked on rewatching two LMH series over and over, with the occasional sprinkling of all his other work!). LMH was smoking' hot, perfection in motion in this role. He and the rest of the cast and crew deserve kudos as well for working so hard, even risking their health during the pandemic to complete the series.

I'm already in mourning that this series has ended, both because I don't get to watch LMH in new scenes, but also because of this forum. It's been great to participate in this group with all of you. Such brilliant minds, especially @SweetButters,  @syntyche and several others, who got me thinking much more deeply about the math and quantum physics related to TKEM.  

I loved people's humor here. My faves were (yes, you again, @SweetButters) the famous ab drawing, as well as the occasionally recurring picture of the guy with the beehive in a swim suit with a martini in hand, but there were many, many more. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!

Lastly, thanks to @Heretorant and numerous others, who answered my and others' questions as we all noodled our way through figuring out the many clues and complex plot points in TKEM. It's been a blast!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, lusciousgy said:

Amazing write-up ! I’m no science person...so...I’d just believe this whole-heartedly..lol.

@lusciousgy Hahah thank you !!!!! I hope it helped to explain some things hahahah!!! :kiss_wink:

-------------------------------------------------------------

21 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

I think she should hire you for the second season. You can probably become her ghost writer but if you get the job and give us some ridiculous ending you better run for your life:joy: 

BTW just for fun sake which direction would you take a possible second season? Without WDH his doing another drama and will probably enlist after that. I know where would you take this multiverse slush time travel fantasy

@Flloy House HAHAHAHA SHE SHOULD hahaha although I need to finish grad school first before becoming a ghost writer for her. I would definitely not write some ridiculous ending hahah. Im like JY, seemingly cold on the outside, but tons of romantic emotions on the inside hahah.

She definitely did hired a physicist consultant though because throughout the show I was able to predict crap using my knowledge of physics, qm, etc....things that I did not think I would ever use or encounter in a kdrama like TKEM :joy:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Just now, msdot said:

I'm already in mourning that this series has ended, both because I don't get to watch LMH in new scenes, but also because of this forum. It's been  great to participate in in this group with all of you. Such brilliant minds, especially @SweetButters,  @syntyche and several others, who got me thinking much more deeply about the math and quantum physics related to TKEM.  

I loved people's humor here. My faves were (yes, you again, @SweetButters) the famous ab drawing, as well as the occasionally recurring picture of the guy with the beehive in a swim suit, but there were many, many more. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!

@msdot AWWWWW thank you so much :wub:!!!!! Believe me, I never thought in a million years I would see the stuff I learnt in school in a tv show lol. Here I was thinking, "Oh I need some mental break from my thesis", NOPE BAM BAM BAM THERE WAS TKEM. Watching it reminding me that sometimes the things I learned in school were also applicable to understanding a show hahahahaha. Hence why, now I am going to watch a show where my brain does not need to think anymore lol. TKEM forced me to want to go on a longer mental break lol. :joy:

HAHAHHAHAH oh yes my infamous drawings hahha. It never ceases to amaze me of how many lives those drawings had touched HAHAHHA :naughty:. Initial one was really an accidental drunken mistake and whelp the rest is history hahahah!! :grin:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, SCSfanz said:

I'm looking for LMH dramas to watch and i realize that he only has 3 for the past 7 years! granted he took a break for military. Argh what do i watch now :cold_sweat: i hope he doesn't wait for a few more  years to put out another drama. 

I am expecting him to announce something perhaps a new movie and announcement for S2 TKEM:tounge_wink:

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Its good that she stays away from SNS due to spam reasons. 

She has blog in korean? I didn't know that she had one but if they find out they would even spam that one asking for second season or dramas

I said I guess, :lol: I just thought a screen writer may have one, I mean she's a popular writer and must had many fans as well. So probably she has one personal site which she can interact with them. Well, maybe. But I agreed it's better for her not to be too sociable on sns, people will spam her every day. 

33 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

14 pages of discussion since I have left last night. 

LOL, even after TKEM ended the thread keeps moving fast huh, though its pace is more adjustable. 

29 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

p.s I've just realised @Alice Wonderland has the same trauma with me... after submitted this post. 

ikr!! I hate that ending until today, sighhh. So every time the title being mentioned it makes my blood boil.  

Spoiler

I reallly really really liked it a lot at the beginning but ended up so upset with the ending they make. I've watched the movie version but they changed Seol with another actress and the feels is not the same anymore. sighhh

33 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

Ah, I see. It's not that easy to gather the whole cast for second season, and this fact even makes me upset. But they can start the second season at least the two of them are on board. I will follow whatever the new story line takes them to as long as I can see them again in season 2. huuhuhuhu... then WDH can start joining them in season 3, hahaha. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, heroonthebeach said:

I enjoyed the finale so much that I decided to do a detailed recap of the episode with my analysis of key scenes. I’ve watched the finale three times already and it still keeps being so touching and moving for me. Will truly miss this show! 

sharing it here with all you fellow fans - thanks for all your ideas and theories. It has really helped me enjoy the show tremendously too 

https://kdramaanalysis.com/2020/06/14/the-king-eternal-monarch-finale-recap-analysis/

This territory is normally Bitchesoverdramas.com territory hahaha they have been over-promoted here and if they see your blog is being promoted here they won't like it and nowadays BOD have subscribers on soompi

giphy.gif

Just kidding with you I am just playing with you thats very good analysis and would recommend your blog and pay visit from time to time myself:thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 5

8 minutes ago, binniejinniecultivator said:

Shipping these two for season 2 :lol: 

Lee Jihun brought to Korea by Lee Gon to give Taera flowers meant for her

Lee JiHun who? I ship Tyrant LG with TaeRa. LJH should not have any roles in S2

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

28 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I said I guess, :lol: I just thought a screen writer may have one, I mean she's a popular writer and must had many fans as well. So probably she has one personal site which she can interact with them. Well, maybe. But I agreed it's better for her not to be too sociable on sns, people will spam her every day. 

LOL, even after TKEM ended the thread keeps moving fast huh, though its pace is more adjustable. 

ikr!! I hate that ending until today, sighhh. So every time the title being mentioned it makes my blood boil.  

Hide contents

I reallly really really liked it a lot at the beginning but ended up so upset with the ending they make. I've watched the movie version but they changed Seol with another actress and the feels is not the same anymore. sighhh

Ah, I see. It's not that easy to gather the whole cast for second season, and this fact even makes me upset. But they can start the second season at least the two of them are on board. I will follow whatever the new story line takes them to as long as I can see them again in season 2. huuhuhuhu... then WDH can start joining them in season 3, hahaha. 

She gained reputation for bad endings in the last 3-4 years. 

But i am glad that she broke away from that and chose a good ending. She is definitely a talented writer and i consider myself fan after watching TKEM 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

She gained reputation for bad endings in the last 3-4 years. 

But i am glad that she broke away from that and chose a good ending. She is definitely a talented writer and i consider myself a fan after watching TKEM 

I like most of her works too. I mean she started making people upset since Goblin then the Mr. S. But honestly I like her previous works.  Secret Garden, Gentlemen's Dignity, The Heirs, and DOTS are happy ending. And since I am more into second pairing in Goblin, Grim Reaper-Sunny, I put it into happy ending category. Eeverything which ended with happy ending then I think it's good. hahaha

22 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Lee JiHun who? I ship Tyrant LG with TaeRa. LJH should not have any roles in S2

.Why not??? I started to fall for him after he catwalk cameo in ep 16, :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2