[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

9 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Yes it certainly was the scene of all scenes. 

Another scene I liked alot was the scene where they were in a beautiful background holding hands from a distance. There was a car.

I am really bad at describing things this scene 

I am glad this scene is getting some love as it was a legendary scene:kiss_wink: I talked about on the earlier pages how much I loved it 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

We have 3 self inserts for this group in the show:

Secretary Mo - @Heretorant and we are the Parliament

Lady Noh - the shippers dropping talismans and discussing stamina - who knows what she’s been feeding him but it probably works

Yo Yo Kid - trying to set up ways to bring them together thru fate but also causing potential deaths along the way

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

1 hour ago, lindas55 said:

Now what. I woke up this morning and there was nothing to watch. I loved this show because it make me think, it was smart and because I loved the leads. It didn't have all the annoying stuff so many K dramas seem to have now days. So what to do now that's it's over what should I watch. I am open to almost any Asian or Turkish drama if it is good. Help!:w00t:

This is their recommendation :ph34r:

Credit to the owner

p.s I really love "Kill Me Heal Me"

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I really really really really really loved the continuation of that scene too, when he pulled her in for a hug. :wub:

It was a lovely scene. I have few others that were my favourite scenes amongst others the beheading kiss:tounge_wink:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

1 minute ago, Elnin Joery said:

It was a lovely scene. I have few others that were my favourite scenes amongst others the beheading kiss:tounge_wink:

The whole exchange in the police station in ep 2 is GOLD, especially when she tricked him into discussing quantum mechanics to swab him.

Poor LG never stood a chance 

• Like 6
  • LOL 7

2 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

The whole exchange in the police station in ep 2 is GOLD, especially when she tricked him into discussing quantum mechanics to swab him.

It was an underrated scene and it was probably first time he ran into someone who didn't give a shxxt about him it was surreal for him and sort of treated him like a regular joe 

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

6 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

We have 3 self inserts for this group in the show:

Secretary Mo - @Heretorant and we are the Parliament

Lady Noh - the shippers dropping talismans and discussing stamina - who knows what she’s been feeding him but it probably works

Yo Yo Kid - trying to set up ways to bring them together thru fate but also causing potential deaths along the way

It’s the red ginseng! After washing that whole bag of rice, he needs to have enough stamina to pound it... Hahahahah :naughty:

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

2 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

It was an underrated scene and it was probably first time he ran into someone who didn't give a shxxt about him it was surreal for him and sort of treated him like a regular joe 

on that note, the scene with the chicken where she got up to go pee but had to spend time smacking him before she went was also incredible

i think my favorite non epic romance scene is still the one where she stayed out all day and ignored his calls and jangmi 2.0 made her sprint like usain bolt so he wouldn’t get sentenced to death

@Kdramatic ALL I GET ON FACEBOOK NOW ARE RED GINSENG ADS!!!  It’s so annoying haahahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

1 hour ago, Elnin Joery said:

After rewatching episode 4 where they cross into his world I just realized how much of an effect that scene had on me. 

I have rewatched this seen so many times. This was the scene that got me hooked on this show

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

on that note, the scene with the chicken where she got up to go pee but had to spend time smacking him before she went was also incredible

i think my favorite non epic romance scene is still the one where she stayed out all day and ignored his calls and jangmi 2.0 made her sprint like usain bolt so he wouldn’t get sentenced to death

Now that you remind me of that scene where she hits him on the shoulder. She was drunk as-F but I knew she was drunk but only after rewatching I realized she was over the top drunk.

He avoided a true beheading. I also found hilarious when LR got actully beheaded in epi 16 and I was thinking for myself the joke was always real (The beheading Joke)

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

5 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:
7 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Am I the only one who shipped LeeEul from the beginning? I found their encounters entertaining from the start. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6

5 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Am I the only one who shipped LeeEul from the beginning? I found their encounters entertaining from the start. 

I shipped them the second she shoved him away and started hollering in the middle of the road...and then promptly started manhandling.

Also I like that even after they defied all of the odds to stay together, JTE still DGAF and zipped off when he mentioned his birthday is a holiday 

Whatta queen

@Elnin Joery I find it very poetic that for all the funerals we held for JTE/LG/JY/ES, none of them died even once and LL got murdered 3 TIMES

• Like 3
  • LOL 17

1 minute ago, AgentQuake said:

I shipped them the second she shoved him away and started hollering in the middle of the road...and then promptly started manhandling.

Also I like that even after they defied all of the odds to stay together, JTE still DGAF and zipped off when he mentioned his birthday is a holiday 

Whatta queen

Whatta Queen!

But you know, I love how JTE suddenly becomes this “shy” and “innocent” girl when LG takes charge. Like the beheading kiss and the CCTV kiss. Her reaction is always kinda like, “oh, what’s going on?” Tsk, tsk, we know she’s not that innocent lol. 

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4

i am back! Well, not yet haha.

Okay, so far, I have 6 pages of backtracking :D (hopefully not too much more since I still have to make dinner lol)

And:

do you guys know if the instrumental ost during the scene when LG meets young TE has been released yet?

I really like that instrumental ost because it made me cry every time it’s used in a scene (savior scene and young TE scene). I couldn’t find it on YT so I thought maybe it’s because I don’t know the name of it. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

@SweetButters

That was very lovely said regarding the yoyo kid and the flute plus the eternal love. :kiss_wink:

I couldn’t quote since it was to long. 

@Joanna Alfson Aw no prob! Hope it brighten your day! :kiss_wink:

------------------------------------------------

12 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

@SweetButters  luckily there wasn't anything different about JTE's commenting on JY's relationship with MSA . i think most were accurately translated, but i did notice minor errors here and there especially when the pronunciation of a word sounds similar to something else. This was probably what happened in the CCTV scene.  i think it's just that sometimes there are certain nuances that cannot be translated. You wouldn't miss the story line but some trivial stuff might get missed like the cctv scene.

Another Eg. this scene was in fact translated correctly but in Korean,  they weren't counting (one,two,three etc). middle screen caption was completely off but i don't really think there's anyway to explain it in English so that was really the closest . i felt It took the joke away from non Korean speaking audiences though.

@SCSfanz Oh whew thats good at least!!! I was so concerned with JY and MSA's relationship hahahaha!!! Oh yea I had to look it up and I got it because I was thinking in terms of binary coding hahahah. I probably should learn how to read/understand Korean in the future to get things/connotations in kdramas hahah. THANK THANK YOU AGAIN !!!!! :heart:

• Like 4
  • Love 4