[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

35 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I shipped them the second she shoved him away and started hollering in the middle of the road...and then promptly started manhandling.

Also I like that even after they defied all of the odds to stay together, JTE still DGAF and zipped off when he mentioned his birthday is a holiday 

Whatta queen

@Elnin Joery I find it very poetic that for all the funerals we held for JTE/LG/JY/ES, none of them died even once and LL got murdered 3 TIMES

Someone mentioned that LL had 9 lives like a freaking cat. He was killed 3 times and I was afraid that he would be back again somehow. 

Killed himself first

Killed by LG

killed in the inbetween

On the next time he would have to get killed by JY twice, Lady Nuh once, 2 times by JTE and 1 time by Jangmi

• Like 2
  • LOL 13

26 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

know she’s not that innocent lol. 

:lol::lol::lol:

Hahaha. She doesn't mind getting ''inconsiderate'' thats what i like about her most. 

If you gotta go you gotta right on the spot no need to be considerate but inconsiderate 

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

8 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Someone mentioned that LL had 9 lives like a freaking cat. He was killed 3 times and I was afraid that he would be back again somehow. 

Killed him himself first

Killed by LG

killed in the inbetween

On the next time he would have to get killed by JY twice, Lady Nuh once, 2 times by JTE and 1 time by Jangmi

I wonder if there’s a timeline where LL is a good guy 

He’s hot AF we should keep one in our storage unit 

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

1 hour ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Legs vs legs 

Question: was she crossing her legs? 

I hope not. Because it means her foot was resting on his. 

Even as a shipper, I have to say maybe it’s just the result of her crossing her legs :lol:. I can’t let myself get more delusional :lol::lol::lol:

Oops, I’m in the wrong thread. 

*edit* I’m 100% sure she is crossing her legs. Her left foot of over on the right side. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

5 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I wonder if there’s a timeline where LL is a good guy 

He’s hot AF we should keep one in our storage unit 

I wouldn't mind them exploring in the world where Lee Gon is a tyrant I think that would make good TV and I would say hell'va good TV. Imagine Tyrant Lee Gon with Jeong Tae-Ra in a potential second season we need these two involved alot and they need to be a couple queen and king where a rivalry happens between him and Lee Gon/JTE 

Tyrant Lee GonXJeong Tae-Ra vs Lee GonXJTE and after that they go to dystopia version of nowadays SK in the 2050s via time-travel where WW3 has taken place 

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

On 6/12/2020 at 11:57 AM, syntyche said:

Thank you so much, chingu @CallieP. I'm glad my math came in handy for all of us. :lol: 

This thread did explode unexpectedly. For months, before the airing of TKEM, only a few posted on this thread, that I had to wait for hours for somebody to post so I won't violate the rules on posting consecutively. 

FYI, I noticed that Jilla said you are able to post consecutively as long as the next post is more than an hour. That means you cannot post in the next 5 minutes, however if it is more than an hour, you can post consecutively. So in the future you just need to wait an hour not until someone else posts.

On 6/13/2020 at 2:55 AM, vangsweetie637 said:

the idea that they are lovers and time traveling is quite refreshing but..why is it that I feel so bittersweet?? Lol. I can’t put my head around it yet.

but i do love the implication that they grew old together.. :wub:

Me too, feel the end is bittersweet because they do not have the joys of bringing up a child. LG would probably make a great father.

On 6/13/2020 at 3:41 AM, AgentQuake said:

Speaking of LOTBS, the noise that LMH made when they got caught by Yeong was the exact one before “discursting sheyt ” in LOTBS.

I also melted down at that. 

Which scene is that in TKEM? 

On 6/13/2020 at 3:59 AM, Elnin Joery said:

THE KING ETERNAL MONARCH SEASON 2: NETFLIX RENEWAL STATUS, POTENTIAL RELEASE DATE AND STORYLIN

We should know in a few weeks if Netflix is going to suggest a season 2. If they can do it for Kingdom which is just about Zombies why not TKEM when it has so many new possibilities. LG and JTE saving the universes. As they travel, they get embroiled in adventures there. I don't know, some interesting fights?  Whatever. :D

On 6/13/2020 at 5:34 AM, SweetButters said:

Lady Noh saying those two lines " Ive been wondering when the Royal Ancestral Shrine will be completed. Will it be completed next year?". 

@SweetButtersI don't get that statement. What has completing the Royal Ancestral Shrine to do with marriage and having an heir?

On 6/13/2020 at 9:06 AM, Wanderer062287 said:

Sorry for cutting your long post..

As far as I remember, Se Jin is Prince Buyeong's daughter; essentially that traitor cousin's sister :) (Correct me monarchs if I am mistaken tho)

As for Season 2, I am personally content with how episode 16 ended, but I wouldn't mind having it as long as it is still written logically and beautifully. I mean who would say no to a show that has multiple LMHs lolololol

I will probably still go back to this forum every now and then to see some further developments and maybe news about Season 2, LMH and KGE dating, or LMH and KGE having babies LOL, but I need to go back to real life - 2 months of unproductivity is already enough HAHA

Se Jin is Prince Buyeong grand-daughter. Her father was killed by JY in the final "Night of Treason" so she would not be born.

Yes, a season two with multiple LG and JTE, tyrant LG?  Or saving military LG from capture or something. :D

On 6/13/2020 at 9:49 AM, violet.ears said:

I also realised that after the restoration of the worlds, many things disappeared but some didn't. One was the PPL necklace, the other was the sprouted seeds that JTE brought over from KOC. When the fate boy said that he thought the yoyo string would break by itself (thereby signalling their fate together was up) but it sprouted instead (referring to the seed), I think that convinced him not to break the string himself. JTE's blind hope helped them find each other again.

My guess is the plum necklace did not disappear because she was wearing it and she was in the in-between world. As for the plant, it is a seed and a living thing. So it grew once the flute was whole or the Yoyo boy allowed it.

On 6/13/2020 at 9:57 AM, mychoiyoung said:

I find the white uniform a bit large for LMH/LG.  A little tuck would have done the trick.  As for the blue uniform, well his fans have always preferred him in blue or dark colors as it brings out the best in his features. That's why LJH looked smokin' in that uniform.

I think this is the best that LMH has looked so far. I thought it was in LOTBS but in TKEM he exudes some elevated aura.  I guess it comes with the maturity or his portrayal of it. Outside of the film, like in the BTS, am glad he still retains his dorky side. That is endearing.

Yes, LMH looks best in TKEM especially the blue uniform. I love that he is still dorky. I love the BTS where he was running towards her in the bamboo forest and he was laughing all the way. The cutest thing ever. 

On 6/13/2020 at 9:57 AM, ms_inquiry said:

Would it be possible to have some more polls during this week? As a wrap-up? If people are interested and it is not too much bother? Would be great to have two polls about best episode - best of the first half and second half. Also maybe a poll about the most beautifully directed scene would be a really nice way to look back at some of the stunning scenes we've seen. I could compile a list of suggestions? :)

Yes, more polls, I would like to suggest a poll on Netflix TKEM Season 2 (with LMH and KGE ) WDH would probably be doing MS.

If by Season 2 they are not seriously dating for real then it will never happen.

•  Yes
  • No

• Like 1
  • Love 8

24 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I wouldn't mind them exploring in the world where Lee Gon is a tyrant I think that would make good TV and I would say hell'va good TV. Imagine Tyrant Lee Gon with Jeong Tae-Ra in a potential second season we need these two involved alot and they need to be a couple queen and king where a rivalry happens between him and Lee Gon/JTE 

Tyrant Lee GonXJeong Tae-Ra vs Lee GonXJTE and after that they go to dystopia version of nowadays SK in the 2050s via time-travel where WW3 has taken place 

OMG that would be so awesome and epic Tyrant Lee Gon would be the return of the LEGEND ''Gu Jun Pyo'' himself. That would be something to not miss at all costs 

• Like 2
  • Love 6

13 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

OMG that would be so awesome and epic Tyrant Lee Gon would be the return of the LEGEND ''Gu Jun Pyo'' himself. That would be something to not miss at costs 

Gu Jun pyo was such a tyrant that I actully liked him ahaha but here it would be good because Jeong Tae-Ra is sassy so they match perfectly and he would probably get possessive with her and obsessed. Tyrants gon' Tyrant 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

20 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Question: was she crossing her legs? 

I hope not. Because it means her foot was resting on his. 

Even as a shipper, I have to say maybe it’s just the result of her crossing her legs :lol:. I can’t let myself get more delusional :lol::lol::lol:

Oops, I’m in the wrong thread. 

*edit* I’m 100% sure she is crossing her legs. Her left foot of over on the right side. 

Yes she is crossing her legs but it can appear as if her foot is touching him not that i am saying it is

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

5 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Gu Jun pyo was such a tyrant that I actully liked him ahaha but here it would be good because Jeong Tae-Ra sassy so they match perfectly

Ok, we need that spin off right away!!

19 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Yes, more polls, I would like to suggest a poll on Netflix TKEM Season 2 (with LMH and KGE ) WDH would probably be doing MS.

If by Season 2 they are not seriously dating for real then it will never happen.

Wait, will it happen or will it not happen if they’re seriously dating? 

I hear dating and that’s all I can focus on. 

5 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Yes she is crossing her legs but it can appear as if her foot is touching him not that i am saying it is

Hahahahaha don’t feed my shipping soul. Touching or not, it can mean absolutely nothing. But in my shipping head, if their feet are touching, they were totally playing footsie :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

10 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Wait, will it happen or will it not happen if they’re seriously dating? 

I hear dating and that’s all I can focus on. 

Hahahahaha don’t feed my shipping soul. Touching or not, it can mean absolutely nothing. But in my shipping head, if their feet are touching, they were totally playing footsie :lol:

Playing footsie? I would like to assume something along these lines :joy:

I guess my inner shipper is taking over sometimes 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

16 hours ago, SweetButters said:

We as the viewers were only given a small glimpse into what their lives were from 1994-2022, but from that small glimpse we are able to deduce that yo-yo kid would continue to meddle and cause coincidences so that LG would get everything in his lifetime so that his line would continue eternally. Meaning that LG and JTE do get married/JTE becomes queen, have a child (who will later become King/Queen and owner of the flute), grow old together, and forever love each other.  Finally, I hope that what I wrote here will give you all some solace or comfort in knowing that the main characters JTE and LG would live an overall good and happy life and so would their friends like JY/ES, MSA/Nari, KHM/KSJ (yes JY and ES would eventually again and yes JY would end up marrying MSA lol)! :love:

Sorry to cut your beautiful post! Really loved it!

:heart:

Just wanted to add to this some of the clues and hints given about JTE and LG ending up living together with a kid/heir and/or married at some point for those interested. I just realized re-watching the last few episodes that there are some cute clues. Of course people are free to interpret the ending how they want, but I agree mostly with you and think:

- As you said: YoyoKid is still interfering, or as you put it helping the characters get where they are meant to be. Clue: LG is brought to the right time to save ROK KSJ (he states literally that it is no coincidence) and soon after that LG and JTE are for some reason ;) brought back to the Kingdom.

Where they

1. Basically get busted (I mean I love them but they are love-sick idiots and I think they will be able to keep their "secret" for a month top). Pretty sure they are not as invested in keeping it secret as they think they are either. 

2. Meet Lady Noh who is seemingly relieved to realize that the future of the monarchy is in safe hands. Shout-out to @SweetButters who explained/theorized about her words about the ancestral shrine and her talking about next year - and how it all relates to JTE and LG having an heir. These words and the fact she was shown earlier to still work to ensure there is a queen is in my mind no coincidence 

and maybe most importantly:

3. They decide to clear out the CCTV room and make-out... YoyoKid might be making sure there is an heir, maybe even in time for next year, that's all I'm saying. A lot of coincidences...

:innocent:

- In episode 13 LG and JTE are talking holding hands face to face in front of the church, their pose makes it look like they are literally getting married. Coincidence? As JTE says there is none, only choices. 

- In episode 16 we see JTE not wanting to leave and LG tying her shoes. Hinting that they might not be able to actually stay apart the longer they date. Did it look like he might propose for a second? Visual clue? Okay I'm reaching here but still :lol:.

- JTE is also very adamant about the hanbok, wanting to recreate the pictures she has been looking at while seriously considering (according to one interpretation at least) if she would want to marry and be Queen. LG even asks about her focus on it: leading the viewer to wonder if there is something more to it as well...

- There has been so much talk about heirs and so many kids and innuendo in these last episodes. I mean LG only returns at dawn to KOC ;). Pretty sure these are hints about a future heir. 

- The missing rules! Honestly this is me freely speculating but it wouldn't surprise me if the writer at some point meant for JTE to propose to LG. It could be argued that this is foreshadowed/built-up when she points out that he didn't ask her but told her to marry/be his Queen. So maybe there is a scene in their future where JTE, getting back at him, proposes by using her last rules - basically telling him to marry her. And adding some rules about how it will work:

JTE: Cop-Queen: The adventures of a part-time royal

At some point I'm confident they marry and/or live together. I don't think that JTE gives up her life to become Queen full-time though. She doesn't need to and she likes being a cop. And I really like that the drama shows us that she doesn't need to by showing us how easy it is for them to go in-between worlds. They might very well get married officially - JTE becoming queen, while she continues to be a cop and live her daily life. There is no reason that LG couldn't just pick her up in the evenings :D. Being King/Queen comes with the benefit in TK:EM to decide how to be King/Queen. Pretty sure that JTE would leave most official duties to LG. Sure JTE might very well decide to live with her father for a while before any of that. But I'm sure she will want to introduce LG to him (again!) and I'm pretty sure her father will be happy for her to at some point to move in with her man. As a pensioner later her father might want to live in KOC or go back and forth between the worlds baby-sitting the future heir while LG is carrying out official royal duties in KOC and JTE is chasing criminals ROK :)

Sure there are doppelgangers, but like I said earlier. There are basically real-life doppelgangers and it works out fine. They could simply bribe Luna to not care I'm sure. 

Also since I did see some people online be sad thinking that the flash-forward to their old hands was closing the door to them living together/being married: It really doesn't have to mean that if one thinks so because of film-language. I don't think it is even meant to. It is no coincidence that the drama ends with them promising forever and then showing us them young again. The drama leaves them at their present selves, with their future left for them to determine and their words made me feel like they were getting ready to face this unwritten future. The flash-forward, I would interpret, just shows us visually their promise to love each other forever. 

In my opinion we end the drama with them in their present moment, young, about to catch up on all the things they have skipped, for the simple purpose of leaving them where the story and their character arcs during the drama leaves them. The future is theirs to shape. 

Of course people are free to have their own interpretations. I really like that the last episode in particular leaves their fate open. 

Okay, sorry again for long and probably slightly messy post. Gotta go sleep :D

• Like 6
  • Love 10
  • Insightful 4

20 minutes ago, CallieP said:

@SweetButtersI don't get that statement. What has completing the Royal Ancestral Shrine to do with marriage and having an heir?

@CallieP So in most asian cultures, including my own Vietnamese culture, they say that completing the ancestral shrine as meaning the joining of the wife ancestral altar to that of her husband's ancestral altar. For example, in Vietnamese weddings, both bride and groom pray to both ancestral altars for their blessing in their successful marriage and subsequent birth of a healthy male child who's job would be to maintain the ancestral shrine and carry the family name. For example, at my family home we have a large ancestral shrine containing framed pictures of family from both my grandma and grandfather's side and the oldest male in my family who is my uncle is suppose to maintain it as to ensure all of ancestors are honored in the afterlife. Subsequently, after my uncle dies, his son is suppose to maintain it and then my cousin's son through marriage is suppose to maintain and so forth. It's all too patriarchal for my taste lol. In other asian cultures, the completion of the ancestral shrine means the transferring of the wife to that of her husband's family aka marriage. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 8

10 hours ago, ms_inquiry said:

Spoiler

Just wanted to add to this some of the clues and hints given about JTE and LG ending up living together with a kid/heir and/or married at some point for those interested. I just realized re-watching the last few episodes that there are some cute clues. Of course people are free to interpret the ending how they want, but I agree with you and think:

- As you said: YoyoKid is still interfering, or as you put it helping the characters get where they are meant to be. Clue: LG is brought to the right time to save ROK KSJ (he states literally that it is no coincidence) and soon after that LG and JTE are for some reason ;) brought back to the Kingdom.

Where they

1. Basically get busted (I mean I love them but they are love-sick idiots and I think they will be able to keep their "secret" for a month top). Pretty sure they are not as invested in keeping it secret as they think they are either. 

2. Meet Lady Noh who is seemingly relieved to realize that the future of the monarchy is in safe hands. Shout-out to the person who explained/theorized about her words about the ancestral shrine and her talking about next year - and how it all relates to JTE and LG having an heir. I'll find you and @ you. These words and the fact she was shown earlier to still work to ensure there is a queen is in my mind no coincidence 

and maybe most importantly:

3. They decide to clear out the CCTV room and make-out... YoyoKid might be making sure there is an heir, maybe even in time for next year, that's all I'm saying. A lot of coincidences...

:innocent:

- In episode 13 LG and JTE are talking holding hands face to face in front of the church, their pose makes it look like they are literally getting married. Coincidence? As JTE says there is none, only choices. 

- In episode 16 we see JTE not wanting to leave and LG tying her shoes. Hinting that they might not be able to actually stay apart the longer they date. Did it look like he might propose for a second? Visual clue? Okay I'm reaching here but still :lol:.

- JTE is also very adamant about the hanbok, wanting to recreate the pictures she has been looking at while seriously considering (according to one interpretation at least) if she would want to marry and be Queen. LG even asks about her focus on it: leading the viewer to wonder if there is something more to it as well...

- There has been so much talk about heirs and so many kids and innuendo in these last episodes. I mean LG only returns at dawn to KOC ;). Pretty sure these are hints about a future heir. 

- The missing rules! Honestly this is me freely speculating but it wouldn't surprise me if the writer at some point meant for JTE to propose to LG. It could be argued that this is foreshadowed/built-up when she points out that he didn't ask her but told her to marry/be his Queen. So maybe there is a scene in their future where JTE, getting back at him, proposes by using her last rules - basically telling him to marry her. And adding some rules about how it will work:

JTE: Cop-Queen: The adventures of a part-time royal

At some point I'm confident they marry and/or live together. I don't think that JTE gives up her life to become Queen full-time though. She doesn't need to and she likes being a cop. And I really like that the drama shows us that she doesn't need to by showing us how easy it is for them to go in-between worlds. They might very well get married officially - JTE becoming queen, while she continues to be a cop and live her daily life. There is no reason that LG couldn't just to pick her up in the evenings :D. Being King/Queen comes with the benefit in TK:EM to decide how to be King/Queen. Pretty sure that JTE would leave most official duties to LG. Sure JTE might very well decide to live with her father for a while before any of that. But I'm sure she will want to introduce LG to him (again!) and I'm pretty sure her father will be happy for her to at some point to move in with her man. As a pensioner later her father might want to live in KOC or go back and forth between the worlds baby-sitting the future heir while LG is carrying out official royal duties and JTE is chasing criminals :)

Sure there are doppelgangers, but like I said earlier. There are basically real-life doppelgangers and it works out fine. They could simply bribe Luna to not care I'm sure. 

Also since I did see some people online be sad thinking that the flash-forward to their old hands was closing the door to them living together/being married: It really doesn't have to mean that if one thinks so because of film-language. I don't think it is even meant to. It is no coincidence that the drama ends with them promising forever and then showing us them young again. The drama leaves them at their present selves, with their future left for them to determine and their words made me feel like they were getting ready to face this unwritten future. The flash-forward, I would interpret, just shows us visually their promise to love each other forever. 

In my opinion we end the drama with them in their present moment, young, about to catch up on all the things they have skipped, for the simple purpose of leaving them where the story and their character arcs during the drama leaves them. The future is their to shape. 

Of course people are free to have their own interpretations. I really like that the last episode in particular leaves their fate open. 

Okay, sorry again for long and probably slightly messy post. Gotta go sleep :D

THANK YOU! 

I see the ending differently now. Thanks to you and @SweetButters :D

Edited by Jillia
Quote too long
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Love 3

14 minutes ago, ms_inquiry said:

Just wanted to add to this some of the clues and hints given about JTE and LG ending up living together with a kid/heir and/or married at some point for those interested. I just realized re-watching the last few episodes that there are some cute clues. Of course people are free to interpret the ending how they want, but I agree with you and think:

@ms_inquiry No prob!! Yea there were so many numerous hints and clues throughout all the episodes. I'm glad you mentioned some of them because I was too lazy/exhausted to mention all of them again haha!!! Hahah I dont think you were reaching at all during the whole scene with the shoe tying hahah. It definitely alluded to a proposal soon just like the whole hand holding and standing in front of that Catholic Church hahah!! Their road is already written, but they can always take off steps on that road. However, again they would eventually be led right back on the the same lovey dovey happy road lol. I like their road, beep beep count me in their car hahahah!:joy:

-----------------------------------------------

11 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

THANK YOU! 

I see the ending differently now. Thanks to you and @SweetButters :D

@Heretorant haha no problem :kiss_wink:!!! Glad you were able to see the ending differently !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

Not a spin off. I meant just continuity where LGXJTE run into another couple themselves Tyrant Lee GonXJeongTaeRa on a season 2 not a spin-off where screen time is shared equally between these 4 and all 4 given lead character tags 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3