[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

5 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

This is their recommendation :ph34r:

Credit to the owner

p.s I really love "Kill Me Heal Me"

I went to watch "Cheese in a Trap" because I cannot get enough of Kim Go Eun. :wub:

And then when it's finished, I went to watch her movie "Tune in For Love".

All from Netflix. 

Oh man...

This is sad. My kids know my Friday and Saturday schedule so well that they even let me watch the TV on Saturday despite me telling them The King has ended on Friday.  

So as not to disappoint them. I watched The King again. Hahahahahahaha

I missed you guys! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

I'm looking for LMH dramas to watch and i realize that he only has 3 for the past 7 years! granted he took a break for military. Argh what do i watch now :cold_sweat: i hope he doesn't wait for a few more  years to put out another drama. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So in the first timeline WE saw, after JTE was hollering at LG, she demanded that he take her to the Kingdom so she can declare herself as the Queen of the slow witted bears

But in the next timeline, THAT is the exact moment she actually did go with him to KOC.

Therefore I’ve made the executive decision that she was also hollering there and he held her go her word that she would declare herself Queen.

The superior timeline.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

15 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

So in the first timeline WE saw, after JTE was hollering at LG, she demanded that he take her to the Kingdom so she can declare herself as the Queen of the slow witted bears

But in the next timeline, THAT is the exact moment she actually did go with him to KOC.

Therefore I’ve made the executive decision that she was also hollering there and he held her go her word that she would declare herself Queen.

The superior timeline.

Then we would have to experience another reset of the timeline. Which means going back to 95 kill someone random who has power perhaps an official or someone like that who is significiant then voila you have another timeline reset 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

I'm looking for LMH dramas to watch and i realize that he only has 3 for the past 7 years! granted he took a break for military. Argh what do i watch now :cold_sweat: i hope he doesn't wait for a few more  years to put out another drama. 

It would suck if he doesn't reappear quickly and make us wait but i assume he will do a movie next up and i am hoping for S2 after that tho:joy:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

I went to watch "Cheese in a Trap" because I cannot get enough of Kim Go Eun. :wub:

And then when it's finished, I went to watch her movie "Tune in For Love".

All from Netflix. 

Oh man...

This is sad. My kids know my Friday and Saturday schedule so well that they even let me watch the TV on Saturday despite me telling them The King has ended on Friday.  

So as not to disappoint them. I watched The King again. Hahahahahahaha

I missed you guys! 

Is Cheese in the trap good can anyone recommend whether I should also try it out for KGE

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Heilo said:

Is Cheese in the trap good can anyone recommend whether I should also try it out for KGE

I catched 2 episodes last night and I would say much better then Goblin so far. You should just jump over goblin if you are considering that. The age cap is not ideal so you are warned before going into for moral reasons

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Heilo said:

Somehow it wasn't that memorable. I can't remember what it was about, but i do remember i sort of liked it. i think it's worth a shot.

• Like 2

Season 2 spinoff should be LG needing to round up an army of his doppelgängers from every universe... For what exactly? I don’t know. I just want to see many versions of LMH... I’m sure the other LMHoes won’t mind. :smirk:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

34 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

He does so few dramas recently, which is why I am so sad.  I feel like it will be a few more years before we get to see him in another drama :(

I mean, he did do BOF-Personal-Taste-City Hunter-Faith-Heirs almost in succession from 2009 to 2013.  But after that, he really slowed down.  Of course he did his military service and two movies in the last seven years, but still... compared to other actors it feels so few.

• Sad 4

50 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I have watched that movie it's a decent movie. You should definitely check it out.. I watched it days before TKEM to get a background check on KGE and was my first time watching her. I left with good impression after watching it 

you can also try memories of the sword. I love the way she do the sword action movie like this. If you look at the making story on youtube, she do the wire-stunt herself and practice with sword. BEAUTIFUL!

As a KGE bias, I am greatful to whoever with her that involved in selecting movies / dramas for her because that person really know KGE's passion to the art entertainment, know her capabilities and really want this woman to shine brightly in the industry. 

• Like 6

I enjoyed the finale so much that I decided to do a detailed recap of the episode with my analysis of key scenes. I’ve watched the finale three times already and it still keeps being so touching and moving for me. Will truly miss this show! 

sharing it here with all you fellow fans - thanks for all your ideas and theories. It has really helped me enjoy the show tremendously too 

https://kdramaanalysis.com/2020/06/14/the-king-eternal-monarch-finale-recap-analysis/

• Like 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

Ohhh... CITT gives me trauma and I still feel pretty upset of how they ended it until today. Prepare your heart if you still want to watch it. LOL. Trust me only in TKEM KGE got her best ending. Hahaha. 

1 hour ago, Joanna Alfson said:
2 hours ago, SweetButters said:

@Joanna Alfson Hahah I legit searched social media and only got fan pages hahah. I was like I need to write to this lady to tell her of all my thoughts on TKEM haha!! What happened in TKEM has been eternally etched in my brain  :joy:!!

Hahaha. Did you check facebook. I never seen her SNS i just assumed you could find her there :joy:

If KES had instagram I'd spam her with tons of complains over the missing royal wedding scene.

I guess she has sns but on other platforms aside from FB or twitter etc. I believe she has her personal web/blog in Korean net. It's just we didn't know. 

1 hour ago, SweetButters said:

She doesnt have a Facebook or Twitter account hahahah !!! Is she like living under a rock somewhere afraid of responses from fans of TKEM? :joy:

Probably she knows that if she had one she would be bullied by everyone she disappointed the viewers. LOL

@SweetButters as usual your scientific explanation got my brain works actively. :thumbsup: But however I still prefer if they could show us the scenes. I told you I hate just to imagine it only in my mind. Huhuhu... 

1 hour ago, SCSfanz said:

He has many, let me get the list where he's the main lead: Mackerel Run (starred LMH, MCW), Secret Campus (LMH, PBY), BOF, City Hunter, The Faith, The Heirs, LOBTS. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

30 minutes ago, Kdramatic said:

Season 2 spinoff should be LG needing to round up an army of his doppelgängers from every universe... For what exactly? I don’t know. I just want to see many versions of LMH... I’m sure the other LMHoes won’t mind. :smirk:

No spin-off. We just need continuity where Tyrant LG and JTR are part of it 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

12 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

If KES had instagram I'd spam her with tons of complains over the missing royal wedding scene.

I guess he has sns but on other platforms aside from FB or twitter etc. I believe she has her persoanl web/blog in Korean net. It's just we didn't know. 

Probably she knows that if she had one she would be bullied by everyone she disappointed the viewers. LOL

@SweetButters as usual your scientific explanation got my brain works actively. :thumbsup: But however I still prefer if they could show us the scenes. I told you I hate just to imagine 8t only in my mind. Huhuhu... 

@Alice Wonderland HAHAHAHA yea like ughhhhhhhh where is she at hahahahhahha!! I was going to try and send her all of the scientific  and mathematical analysis I did for TKEM HAHAHA!!! I'm right there with you on still wanting to see the scenes!!! I would throw out my scientist brain and my thesis I am working on right now if I could just see the year 2025 or 2034 or whatever else hahhaha!!! :love:

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, gwin said:

He does so few dramas recently, which is why I am so sad.  I feel like it will be a few more years before we get to see him in another drama :(

I mean, he did do BOF-Personal-Taste-City Hunter-Faith-Heirs almost in succession from 2009 to 2013.  But after that, he really slowed down.  Of course he did his military service and two movies in the last seven years, but still... compared to other actors it feels so few.

Thats true. These 2 movies took 2 years out of the schedule plus a bunch of concerts and tours but despite that he was always on the move and working constantly

• Like 4

8 hours ago, SweetButters said:

Overall Explanation of TKEM and It's Final Episode

After a long night of sleep where my brain can think somewhat clearly today, I feel like I owe it to TKEM and to all of you guys to do one last analytical post. After getting the last piece of the puzzle or episode, a lot of things finally dawn on me that I didn’t get before. So let’s get down to it! :blush:

Without getting into it all, just know that the main difference between quantum and classical physics is that quantum mechanics is a field that deals with objects on a very small scale (i.e atomic or subatomic levels) while classical physics deals with objects on a very large scale (i.e the universe). Additionally, in classical physics, objects exist at a specific time and specific place while in quantum mechanics, objects exist in a haze of probability (i.e particles can be spin up [1] or particles can be spin down [0]). Or you can look at it as classical physics is field that provides a more real explanation of the occurrences in our everyday lives and quantum mechanics is a field that provides rather “weird”, “spooky”, and “mystical” explanations of occurrences (TKEM ex: string of fate is something so small that is not visible to the naked eye or peoples’ fate or lives are entangled down to the quantum/subatomic level).

At the center of TKEM, writer KES introduces two “crazy” ideas of both classical physics (i.e time travel) and quantum mechanics (i.e multiple worlds).  Since I had already explained in previous posts about how classical physicist argue that time travel can occur, I would rather like to spend time now explaining the “crazy” theory in quantum mechanics about the existence of multiple worlds and how it pertains to TKEM. Within the field of quantum mechanics, there exists a theory called the “Multiple Worlds Interpretation” that states there are multiple worlds which exist in parallel at the same space and time as our world. Within all these different worlds, exists people who are a result of all the different possible outcomes

In TKEM, we know that the two worlds had diverged at one event (U0) leading to the creation of the different two universes. You can think ROK as U1 and KOC as U2. Also, you can think of the world which Tae-Ra Byte resides in as Uand Hyo Jin’s world as U8  lol.

So what made ROK (U1) and KOC (U2) so special you might ask? 

1) They are the first two parallel worlds which diverged at a given event point aka the “first two original parallel worlds”.

2) Out of all the multiple worlds, there is but only one flute and it resides in KOC

Given this and that the yo-yo kid is a being that is the omnipotent, omnipresent, and omnibenevolent deity that he is, it is probable to deduce that he would cause certain “coincidences” to ensure that whatever King came next that they would have a good upbringing and an eternal line that would be successfully passed down from one generation to the next, thus lasting forever. Furthermore, the yo-yo kid had to make sure that the rightful owner of the one and only flute among all the other worlds must be someone who is brave and would use it in a good and just manner (maybe conflict between LR was just one big test given to LG by yo-yo kid)

The yo-yo kid had already “foreseen” all the possible outcomes of the night of treason and therefore made moves long before LG was even born. He didn’t change people’s fates per say rather he just made sure they all intersected with LG’s at the right time and space. He didn’t really care about what happened in all other worlds where all the other LGs resided. Yo-yo only cared about the world in which LG and the flute resided in and its parallel world which was ROK (i.e yo-yo kid had been watching LG throughout his whole life from being with him through his time at the naval academy to being with him at the naval group rowing competition to being at the funeral). 

He had ensured LG would have a protected, good, and happy upbringing by controlling which portal King Haejong entered through first and by controlling which person King Haejong would meet first which was Lady Noh. From there, it led to a cascade of events to going in a certain direction. He provided LG with a good upbringing by bringing over Lady Noh who was fated to later introduced LG to JY who’s fate was to offer friendship, brotherly love, and lifelong protection. 

Finally, the one last piece of LG’s life to ensure that LG’s line would continue throughout history and time (eternal) was JTE who was fated to love him and vice versa, be the Queen, and mother of future heirs. Therefore, those were the reasons why yo-yo kid was present in JTE’s life too (i.e acting as a bully to KSJ so that KSJ would coincidently meet JTE and later KSJ would help LG or bumping into JTE causing her to lose her id or helping her escape). 

Luna was never fated to love LG, or be the Queen, or live a long and healthy life to produce future heirs. Rather it was JTE. Yo-yo kid ensured that JTE’s life was one that also had a good and happy upbringing (friends and family) in comparison to that of her KOC twin aka Luna because JTE’s fate had directly intersected with that of LG’s. Therefore, the moves yo-yo kid made were all centralized around or connected to LG to ensure his line and only his line would remain “eternal”.

Although, I would have love to see the events following the year 2022 like their wedding or their kid or what the last 7 things would be, we already know it will all happen. We as the viewers were only given a small glimpse into what their lives were from 1994-2022, but from that small glimpse we were able to deduce that yo-yo kid would continue to meddle and cause coincidences so that LG would get everything in his lifetime so that his line would continue eternally. Meaning that LG and JTE do get married/JTE becomes queen, have a child (who will later become King/Queen and owner of the flute), grow old together, and forever love each other.  Finally, I hope that what I wrote here will give you all some solace or comfort in knowing that the main characters JTE and LG would live an overall good and happy life and so would their friends like JY/ES, MSA/Nari, KHM/KSJ (yes JY and ES would eventually meet/be reunited again and yes JY would end up marrying MSA lol)! :love:

Amazing write-up ! I’m no science person...so...I’d just believe this whole-heartedly..lol.

Edited by Jillia
Please do NOT Quote Images, thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Ohhh... CITT gives me trauma and I still feel pretty upset of how they ended it until today. Prepare your heart if you still want to watch it. LOL. Trust me only in TKEM KGE got her best ending. Hahaha. 

I guess he has sns but on other platforms aside from FB or twitter etc. I believe she has her persoanl web/blog in Korean net. It's just we didn't know. 

@SweetButters as usual your scientific explanation got my brain works actively. :thumbsup: But however I still prefer if they could show us the scenes. I told you I hate just to imagine 8t only in my mind. Huhuhu... 

He has many, let me get the list where he's the main lead: Mackerel Run (starred LMH, MCW), Secret Campus (LMH, PBY), BOF, City Hunter, The Faith, The Heirs, 

Its good that she stays away from SNS due to spam reasons. 

She has blog in korean? I didn't know that she had one but if they find out they would even spam that one asking for second season or dramas

• Like 4