[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

I dont know about you guys, but I feel these flashbacks in the episodes have to stop lol. I mean I'm diagnosed with ADHD and watching this show makes me feel like my ADHD is on hyperdrive :joy:. Its like using a maybe 1-2 flashbacks are ok, but sometimes I think they just put too many in? Or maybe thats just me (lol). Literally, Ive been looking at what the characters wear as a reference for whether its a new day or whatever in the TKEM world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Except, LG is not the type to leave JTE hanging like that. If he was indeed leaving to chase after LR, he would have let her know. It would be too cruel if he just left without saying anything and god, especially in the middle of a kiss. Instead, I think it seems like he was running out of time and he needed to say his last words to her: “I love you. I am deeply in love with you.” And when she opened her eyes and he was gone, it appears to me he vanished without choice. She literally broke down and cry. LG would never leave her like that. If he had a choice, no matter how urgent his other matters, he’d at least give her a proper goodbye. 

@Heretorant I don't know if he would let her know, you know? I mean lets not forget the whole getting that restaurant owner/LR follower and locking him up in that place LG had rented from Nari. Then LG didn't tell her about the whole SJ and JY fight or the whole gangster mob guy thing. Essentially LG wants to protect her and not cause her any more burdens. I mean essentially he kinda said it all with that final/goodbye kiss for a while after all in that episode they kiss which communicated there are a lot of things they want to say, but dont know how to say it all. Sometimes actions speak louder than spoken words. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helpful Maps!

Included some potentially helpful maps! LG's gate is in the Ahopsan Forest and LR's gate is in Haeundae and also the location of the palace (located on the second map as "Dongbaeksom") @Guyangi_Dalpeongi

Bi8zgAz.jpg

u32Pc5U.jpg

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Spring Lady said:

we having hard time thinking about all the possibilities could happen... and he teases us like this... ^_^:lol:

I feel so jealous of cast, crew and writer bc they already know which theory is true and are just chilling while here we are racking our brains :innocent:

• Like 4
  • LOL 12

My thoughts:

I hope Tae Eul is ok. I want more Lee Gon and Tae Eul moments. :wub: 

And I hope Shin jae is ok. Lee Lim knows him! I think he helped him when he was a little boy.

I didn't know that Lee Lim never went to Lee Gon's world. I am so happy that they had their reunion. I guess Lee Lim doesn't age? And he's looking for eternity? I think that's what Lee Gon thinks.

Lee Gon and Lee Lim's reunion! :o

Lee Gon 

bnTmy7Q.png

Lee Lim 

u1fRTP0.jpg

and

MWhSdXE.png

I can't wait for the next episode! I think this is getting so good!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

So what do we think about the theory that Luna is actually a time remnant of JTE? 

I can't say I know KES but this is just me - I just don't feel the time remnant concept is within her kind of stories. Just a casual viewer impression - to me she' seems more about folklore than science fiction. Plus there are too few episodes to deal with such a complex idea. Though there's supposed to be some math element in TKEM and I'm "hands off" that subject :lol: 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, JMarei said:

The first scene clearly says that tae-eul is alive and interrogating lee lim who is powerless and LG is the one who went in past to save himself but somehow stuck somewhere in time loop but he is keeping that ID(in memory of tae-eul).

I don’t think Lee Gon is just simply disappeared here. I think the path between 2 worlds is getting longer, so the time stop when someone crossed it are also longer.Lunar New Year for 2020 is on 25/1. Lee Gon went to Korea on 15/1 and back on 23/1 (8 days). He went there just for hug but it took him that long  . He left her when the time stop. So, from her POV, it looks like he is disappeared .

Omg!! That makes sense!

I was still busy counting and trying to make sense how come it suddenly became 23rd Jan when he got back from his brief reunion with JTE and you made it clearer now.

I think episode 11 will shows us what we are missing in that heart wrenching ending. (I'm still tearing just remembering that scene)

What LG did not say when JTE stopped in her tracks.

8 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Oh and where does the chief go? What role will Jagmi and the Chief play? Chief disappearing to meet solitude sounded a bit off (even if it was supposed to be comic) to me.

I'm not so worried about Jangmi but Chief is starting to make me wonder.

He and his false alibi for his solitude, his loneliness.

Why? Or are we just overthinking?

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

All this talk about TE dying and am thinking, what if LG is the one who died? 

I reject and refuse to accept any deaths for our LTE couple. :joy:

I'm gonna believe this will be a happy ending in the end, just that we have to pay the price with our tears in exchange for the happy ending.

The cctv clips of JTE in year 2022 has to mean something! 

38 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@Heretorant I don't know if he would let her know, you know? I mean lets not forget the whole getting that restaurant owner/LR follower and locking him up in that place LG had rented from Nari. Then LG didn't tell her about the whole SJ and JY fight or the whole gangster mob guy thing. Essentially LG wants to protect her and not cause her any more burdens. I mean essentially he kinda said it all with that final/goodbye kiss for a while after all in that episode they kiss which communicated there are a lot of things they want to say, but dont know how to say it all. Sometimes actions speak louder than spoken words. 

THIS! And LG not sharing on how he gets to travel to and fro between the 2 worlds..

Yes. It still irks me. JTE needs to know so she can protect herself!

Another random thoughts that is not related:

Goblin main leads: KS and JET.

TK:EM : LG and JTE.

Her love interest's name. 

And Kim Go Eun's previous character and current character's name.

Ok. I'm insane. LOL

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@SweetButters - Wow!! Thank very Khamsa for the maps, Chingu! The second map is the ‘real’ map right - for ROK?? Not KOC? :lol: Sheesh, now I can’t distinguish between ROK & KOC sometimes ...

I am trying to keep up with this thread, the Shipper’s Thread and IG, plus the awesome B*tches blog, plus trying to do more research on quantum physics/parallel worlds/time travelling ... that my partner (he’s binge watching Mad Men - started last week and he’s in Season 5 or 6!!) is asking me WHAT exactly am I doing as I seem to be spending MORE time reading than watching the drama!! :sweat_smile: He simply can’t believe how this drama is depleting all our brain cells collectively - plus the recent episode us into emotional wrecks ... AAARRGGHH!! :bawling:

That is why I am seeking solace in the Shipper’s Forum!! :lol::ph34r:

• Like 10
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, madmad min said:

Its not KGE's drama but KES has the Open Ending Left to interpretation Concept..Also.KGE has that very natural state to make you feel her pain and rage , that is very commendable. 

I know that it is KES drama and she doesn't always give open endings though.  Heirs has happy ending for the main couple. I am joking about similarities in  KGE choice of dramas.:P

Guys they added one more info saying that Lee ji hyun's mom used to work for sin jae's mom and they were of the same age. Makes me think if Lee ji hyun's mom falsely testified ( may be under pressure) the dead body is of her son?  It's actually ROK sinjae who died and Lee ji hyun is alive.... 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 7

2 hours ago, MairaA said:

Wow.. just yesterday I was talking about how I would be BEYOND upset if Lee Jong In died and here we are. My mouth was open the entire time because I was in shock that HE MIGHT ACTUALLY DIE like wow. And then he did. I cannot believe they killed him. I'm so upset. 

You realize Lr's dialogue was for us the viewer (after killing the doctor uncle)--

You are smart so dont act surprised.

Who can read korean? Please explain what did the king search on the phone JTE gifted him? If already answered please give me the page number, thanks.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Umjicheok said:

Guys they added one more info saying that Lee ji hyun's mom used to work for sin jae's mom and they were of the same age. Makes me think if Lee ji hyun's mom falsely testified ( may be under pressure) the dead body is of her son?  It's actually ROK sinjae who died and Lee ji hyun is alive.... 

But why would she visit the grave if LJH is alive?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

Who can read korean? Please explain what did the king search on the phone JTE gifted him? If already answered please give me the page number, thanks.

Yes! I didn’t get that part - why JY could not access LG’s phone (given to him by TE)??? 
Anyone can help?? @SweetButters @YongZura⁷ @syntyche 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

Basically he typed each word of the msg he wanted to convey to her. He thought that she would be curious about search history on his phone after he is gone back just like he was curious about what she searched on his mobile in KOC.

" Want to see what I have been looking up? King never leaves any traces. Are you working now or just doing day to day stuff? To me every moment in your world was scandalous. Because of Lt Jeong Tae eul." 

@Guyangi_Dalpeongi see here

@mrsj3n may be even she is deceived. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

I think it goes back to what LG yelled at the PM in 5.  Everything he does and says is part of Corea’s history, including his search engine trolling.  JY, as a subordinate, can’t delete what the king says because everything the King says is law (ep 3).  JTE is the only other person who can delete without any ramifications.  

I like how the King uses the search engines to show his love and cleverness, and was hoping Miss Flat Earth had done the same.  Much better than me scrambling to delete my history anytime someone wants to borrow my phone hahahha 

• Like 9
  • LOL 5