[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

The producers did say he will be a "secret weapon".  Am also thinking that the Four Tiger Sword will be crucial in defeating the diabolical plan of LR - the devil.  Just like in a chess game, you have the King - LG, Queen - TE, Bishop or Knight - JY or SJ -- the Four Tigers of the Sword?  Once they are in place, as in the King is ready to wield the sword, LR is checked-mate.

I always thought it was SJ who saved   LG.  It was how cool and collective he came in ..Just  his presence.  :wacko:

• Like 5

hay all. I feel late knowing this forum. May i join? :)  finally I did not feel alone with the speculation and my guesses about this drama. lol. happy to know all of you guys. You all are amazing. appreciate :)  I really enjoyed reading it. more speculation and opinion make me more challenged watching this drama. getting more and excited. really hope the story line is more tense and our puzzles will soon be neatly arranged. I honestly have not been so interested in what the ending is like (for now) bcs maybe I'm already crazy about him, too focused on LMH's good looks and his character, but I want to be even stronger bout "LeeGon" >< for me about the end of the story between sad or open, I prefer sad. I want the end of the story to climax. but it will be better if there is an 'eternal happiness' at the end <3.

I hope you all are well now. Stay healthy and let's support THE KING until the end. 

Thank you so much for all the information. Keep update pls hehe.

ahh and about LeeGon's savior, LeeGon or SJ? He is LMH, so LeeGon :)) pls see below information.

via.kdrama_fashion IG 20200427
[Kdrama Fashion]
Who: Lee Min-Ho
What: CONVERSE Chuck Taylor All Star High Top, Black Monochrome $55 (1st Pic)
CONVERSE Bosey MC High Top, All Black $100 (2nd Pic)

https://instagram.com/p/B_c3R5ln4ko/?igshid=qhaqgr0ixgdt

Edited by Vincentia Vocalia
  • Like 12
  • Love 1

Oh man this thread is moving so fast I can barely keep up with it :D  anyways I dropped by to appreciate my handsome king yet again. He's such a darling that falling in love with him is a piece of cake *swoon* 

Him:                                                                               Me:

lee min ho | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir          Aww GIFs | Tenor

• Like 9
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, syntyche said:

Here's the character profile of Luna

Kim Go-eun

Luna (30 years old, criminal)  

She was abandoned in the lowest neighborhood of the city where the emperor lived. No parents, no family register, of course, had no ID. From the moment she spoke and walked, she found food for herself and found a place to sleep. Her instincts needed to be strong. She had the guts to retaliate two to three times whatever she received. She engaged in theft, assault, forgery of documents and trespassing, which ironically, gave her a record and made her exist in the world. As she was locked up in prison, her identity was created. She named herself, "Luna," after the name of the longest-living street cat in the lowest neighborhood. 

What happens if you give greater misfortune to those who are used to it? Luna, who has full of energy, can't believe upon knowing that she only has three months to live due to cancer. Her parents, whose faces she doesn't even know, left cancer as their only legacy. She has never believed in God, but after a man approached her both like the darkness and the light, she learns to believe. The god's name was Lee Rim.

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/theking/cast/63972#0_7

https://annyeongoppa.com/2020/04/17/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-characters-of-the-king-eternal-monarch/

Maybe the theft in the palace is Luna. She would have the skills and abilities (if LR) is her savior to in entering the palace. Maybe she took the ID so she can assume JTE's identity in the Republic of Korea... or mess with LG's head. 

I still get chills thinking about how she manifested into the back seat of JTE's car.

Aslo I've been wondering does the two halves of the flute work for LR and LG the way it does because it has both their blood in them?

• Like 5

6 hours ago, mamabear said:

On a lighter note, do you also notice how the director and the writer convey the parallel world between LG and JTE? Most of their scenes together is facing each other, as if there is a wall between them. It is really impressive that every single detail in  the drama has meaning.

@mamabear That is an interesting point and I think you are correct.  I think it will really play out in the rest of the series in terms of how LR will use the parallel worlds to infiltrate KOC and attempt to take the throne.  Facing each other shows the opposition of the two worlds.  However, I think they have done an excellent job of portraying how in the end Prince LG will thwart LR's plans.  Notice that the most powerful scenes between JTE and LG are not when they are facing each other but when they are side by side i.e. their first kiss, his head on her shoulder, his arm around her as they walk in LU bldg, sitting together on the helicopter.  I think this speaks to how working together side by side, the two worlds will prevent LR from succeeding.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@Vincentia Vocalia  This gives me something to think about until the next episode.

That is a really interesting piece of information: there were two different shoes shown when the savior came to young LG!

I don't think it is a goof.

That means two different people OR two different times.

One thing I am sure of: the actor in black is LMH.

Of course, the show can make the story whatever they want it to be.  :D

• Like 10

1 minute ago, 1ouise said:

@Vincentia Vocalia  This gives me something to think about until the next episode.

That is a really interesting piece of information: there were two different shoes shown when the savior came to young LG!

I don't think it is a goof.

That means two different people OR two different times.

One thing I am sure of: the actor in black is LMH.

Of course, the show can make the story whatever they want it to be.  :D

I think there are 2 different people

• Like 2

63888_154923_130.png

Starring Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, "The King: Eternal Monarch" maintained its No. 1 spot on the drama chart for three consecutive weeks with more viewership than the previous week. As the full-fledged imperial romance between the emperor Lee Gon (played by Lee Min-ho) and Jeong Tae-eul (played by Kim Go-eun) begins in the drama, attention is being paid to whether the audience will continue to increase.

http://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=63888

*Wavve is South Korea’s largest video-on-demand (VOD) platform provider

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2020 at 9:13 PM, madmad min said:

It is on the opposite side where LG's scar is...I mean if LG has the scar on Left side then LR has the thunder on right side. Or vice-versa but both of them get struck with lightening where the blood was spilled from Flute / from Four Tiger Sword.

yes, i agree with you.

i gotta love the LTE speed of this thread as the chingus are doing a good job in having an interactive discussion on TKEM. i also love the pictures, gifs, videos and even the articles from various websites. thank you all.:):):)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, larrysouth said:

However, I think they have done an excellent job of portraying how in the end Prince LG will thwart LR's plans.  Notice that the most powerful scenes between JTE and LG are not when they are facing each other but when they are side by side i.e. their first kiss, his head on her shoulder, his arm around her as they walk in LU bldg, sitting together on the helicopter.  I think this speaks to how working together side by side, the two worlds will prevent LR from succeeding.

I really hope so. Looking forward to more scenes with them side by side of each other. I am loving this drama more because of these subtle hints they are giving us about the plot. It makes us think critically LOL. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2020 at 4:40 AM, scrawford said:

Ok, Don't hate me, But am i the only one feel like the Kiss a little bit flat and rushed. It's cute and sweet. But, it lacks that sparks and magic. Maybe i have such expectation knowing how each actor has done their kiss scene, i was expecting a bit more passion???and i wish that JTE would at least close her eyes instead of staring. The Hug at the end had more impact and emotional weight for me as their feeling are now mutual.

But, i understand that maybe this was not meant to be that magical Kiss, it was just Lee Gon can't control himself (hello, didn't he just told JTE that if she spending the night she would be sleeping in his room?)hehe.... and it was him trying to make a point to tae Eul and also answer her question. So i understand the reasons behind it, but i wish they would hold off and wait until there is mutual feeling and we would get a better one.

"The KISS in ep5 was well written and executed by both lead actors. It conveyed so much of both giver and receiver's state of mind. The giver of this kiss used it to answer receiver's question or rather challenge "JTE: this is your first date". Instead if answering it verbally,  the king slowly leaned in and kissed her with all tenderness. As viewer, I felt the longing of wanting to meet and know her for years, , respect he has for her as person who is brave, the love he feels for her as the fated one. The kiss is so pure. 

The receiver JTE, having just had her world turned upside down, was still thinking what the hack just happened. Her head was analyzing but her heart was losing it. " (I'm sorry. I can't remember the author's nick)

This is a comment from a friend in the thread that I found very accurate. I copied it for myself.

I also want to add that LG always takes advantage of the opportunity at all times to show his sincere affection, sometimes teasing JTE. :) He is considerate and cares about the smallest things for JTE.  And JTE always knows how to change the topic or to avoid it quietly to protect the wall that is about to collapse.

As the scene in the kitchen, LG knew how to use JTE's words to say "I'll let you sleep in my bed". His bed sleeps, the room he stays in, where his odour and footsteps are in every corner of the room, with a living space that contains warmth from him,  is not a bleak room just for guests to stay temporary.

In ep6, acting through LMH's eyes is daebak,  especially the scene in the kitchen, his emotions are constantly changing through his eyes.:rolleyes: LG was just telling a sad story, then his smile looked like waiting from JTE's hug, suddenly turned angry when TE asked to return, he sulked and said he would not let her leave, then the light bitter eyes said that even if he ordered the command, TE could not go. For me, this is the scene which LMH looks most glamour. :heart: What a pity that I couldn't find the gif to upload.

qw5SkaD.jpg

As for the end scene ep6, I don't know if I got the wrong feeling, but I feel when LG is waiting for JTE to come back home, it seems that his heart is both filled with nostalgia for her and angry at himself, it is reflected in the light LG's eyes. After JTE have answered with her nod to his two questions, it became calm with only nostalgia.

cjeQdyW.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 5

- Lee Gon: Alice / Queen of hearts

- Luna: White Rabbit / Cheshire Cat

- JTE: Caterpillar / Alice

15886937361588693722.gif

Spoiler

15886942401588694227.gif

15886943881588694370.gif

I think The mad hatter would be one of the two the king or JTE  there interactions from hug to conversations seem similar to this :D 

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

HA SUNG WOON – I FALL IN LOVE (THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH OST PART 5)

A miraculous love has come to me
I’ve waited for this love so much
That I can’t fall asleep

Spoiler

When I open my eyes in the morning
When the sunlight shines on me
I think about you

With trembling lips
I’m calling you
Without knowing, my heart races

I’ll slowly go to you
Though I miss you every day
Just in case it’s too much for you

Since I first saw you
I dream
Of a tomorrow where we can love

That I can’t fall asleep

Day by day
All the time
My focus is you
I fall in love you

My days are filled
With thoughts of you
I always want to be next to you

When I take a step toward you
And just look at you
Without knowing, my heart races

I’ll be your umbrella
I want to protect you
But in case it’s too much for you

Since I first saw you
I dream
Of each day where we can love

That I can’t fall asleep

Day by day
All the time
My focus is you
I fall in love you

Today, I will confess to you

You’re my love
The only one in the world

That I can’t fall asleep

Day by day
All the time
My focus is you
I fall in love you

DAVICHI – PLEASE DON’T CRY (THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH OST PART 6)

Even when you feel empty and your heart is bare
Even when your heart aches at the cold wind

Spoiler

In a place that’s not too far away
I’m silently telling you words of love
I’m here
So don’t be so sad

Please don’t cry
Even when darkness comes, don’t break down
Your tears give me pain

Please don’t cry
After time
When the moment comes, I’ll go back to you
Please don’t cry

After I left you
My time had no meaning

If only I can go back to you one day quicker
I can do anything

Please don’t cry
Even when darkness comes, don’t break down
Your tears give me pain

Please don’t cry
After time
When the moment comes, I’ll go back to you

It’s only momentary
It’ll be hard only for a moment
Just wait a little more

You’re more precious than me
Every time I think of you
I miss you like crazy

Please don’t cry
Don’t cry my love
I won’t ever leave you alone again

Please Don’t Cry
Come into my arms
My one and only love

Don’t cry anymore

As always thanks to POPGASA

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, balletgoddess said:

Maybe the theft in the palace is Luna. She would have the skills and abilities (if LR) is her savior to in entering the palace. Maybe she took the ID so she can assume JTE's identity in the Republic of Korea... or mess with LG's head. 

I still get chills thinking about how she manifested into the back seat of JTE's car.

Aslo I've been wondering does the two halves of the flute work for LR and LG the way it does because it has both their blood in them?

@balletgoddess at first I was thinking it was Luna too, but then I remembered how the PM’s secretary has said he knew someone in the Royal wardrobe department (which leaked info to him about JTE staying in the palace) so then it got me thinking..... what if the person that took the ID tag is the same person who leaked the info of JTE to the PM’s secretary? And that person did it to provide the secretary and the PM with more info about JTE.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

I went away for several hours and it looks like we got into analyzing shoes. What has this drama done to us? We learn math for it, we break down poems, we search up flowers and trees and now we even look at details of shoes. Lol. :lol:

Am I alone in disagreeing the shoes are different? The photos provided in both collage looks like the pair of shoes in the second collage. Take note of the curve at the front bottom side of the shoe. You can see this same curve at the side in all the shots shown. I wish I was better at explaining but hopefully you guys can understand what I’m saying lol. 

LMH is too handsome and I fall in love thousands times HAHAHAHAHA :heart:

btw just finished watching ep 6:

my conclussion only..

for the first time in his drama career, I am so happy that he kisses and hugging a girl wkwkwkw :joy:

I can't wait for the next eps ^_*

@Sejabin I get you! I fell in love with this man more than 1000 times in my 20 some years of living :lol:

I saw a meme that said “If your girlfriend likes Korean dramas, you are her second boyfriend. Lee Min Ho is her first.” And boy is this true when I’m watching lmh’s dramas. I live in my own world, I don’t want to do anything but watch, think, and breathe the drama. Surely this isn’t healthy  :lol:

I also want to add that LG always takes advantage of the opportunity at all times to show his sincere affection, sometimes teasing JTE. :) He is considerate and cares about the smallest things for JTE.  And JTE always knows how to change the topic or to avoid it quietly to protect the wall that is about to collapse.

As the scene in the kitchen, LG knew how to use JTE's words to say "I'll let you sleep in my bed". His bed sleeps, the room he stays in, where his odour and footsteps are in every corner of the room, with a living space that contains warmth from him,  is not a bleak room just for guests to stay temporary

@romance06 Yes and Yes! 

1) Her walls are starting to collapse and she’s putting up a front to hide it. 
2) The King does not simply invite just any girl to his room. He’s set eyes on making her his queen since the beginning :wub:

• Like 7
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4