[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

38 minutes ago, Time loop said:

I am one of Peyha's Royal guards so I will not get beheaded :Twerkdatbutt:

Wait, why wouldn’t you want to get beheaded? If the beheading is done by Pyeha himself, I’m all in! Every day, every night! Bring it on!

:lol::lol::lol:

• LOL 5

3 hours ago, Heretorant said:
8 hours ago, Joje said:

RickRoll'D would be number 1 on the suspect list if RickRoll'D weren't the one asking:D:lol:. So, the 2nd obvious suspect (though RickRoll'D'm not totally ruling RickRoll'D out) would be secretary Mo @Heretorant...No…???

If RickRoll'D have a good alibi, the third on the suspect list is @vangsweetie637! This girl has been openly wishing for PM Koo’s end from the beginning

Honestly shouldn't the suspect still be @AgentQuake? She's trying to distract the real suspect by asking the question. Also she's the one to notice it first. :ph34r:

• LOL 4

LOL!!! @Heretorant @AgentQuake @Joje 

Oh yes..from the beginning of this drama, PM Koo was the one person I wanted OUT..

There is no shame. I admit. It was me!! :happydance:

Finally, some kind of justice for that PM Koo..

Demoted and exiled..and dead to me since she is no longer PM and has no more power.

source.gif

giphy.gif

I would have loved to see her head off, but I will take what I get..

:Twerkdatbutt:

• LOL 7

1 hour ago, koreaboooo said:

Honestly shouldn't the suspect still be @AgentQuake? She's trying to distract the real suspect by asking the question. Also she's the one to notice it first. :ph34r:

:poledance:

Lemme email the Netflix people real quick 

Gonna send some more threats about Season 2

Since WDH is in the military, I will take one for the team and play genderbent Jo Yeong.  

• LOL 6

411117_530493_2216.jpg

SEVENTEEN THE 8 to release the Chinese version of "The King" OST "Maze" on the 30th.

SEVENTEEN's The 8 released the Chinese OST "Maze," a Chinese version of "The King: Eternal Monarch" on the 30th.

Since the end of "The King," the Korean Wave drama has continued to heat up, and Seventeen's global ripple effect has been added to continue the viewers' lingering imagery.

The 8's "Maze" combines piano melody and string sounds to highlight the sad but colorful life of "Lee Gon" in the play. In particular, The 8's musical ability, which reinterpreted the original OST "Maze" of "The King," has been recognized worldwide.

"The King" is a fantasy romance drama about the love between Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho), the emperor of the Korean Empire, and Jeong Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun), who lives in a different world.

http://www.mhns.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=411117

Maze (Chinese version)

Ebvh5k3VAAEFi10?format=jpg&name=small

Gravity (Chinese version)

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

cr: soha_Minoz

The day of the kiss scene~~
I remember there were a lot of people who came to watch the shoot.
I knew you were shooting a kiss scene.
Take a perfect picture of this actor as always~!!!
Getting off work is always fun.
Lovely couple~~~ I miss you~
Did you have a good day today?
Wrap up your day happily.

EbwEPZGUYAAW7tv?format=jpg&name=medium

Netflix KR Tw update

Kim Eun-sook's drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" is very popular around the world. Following Southeast Asia, it has ranked # 1 on the Netflix list in Nigeria every day, and has been ranked top in Netflix's official list in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Morocco, Kuwait, Oman, Peru, Bolivia, Turkey, and Romania.

EbuyigRUcAMP6U2?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

SEVENTEEN THE 8 to release the Chinese version of "The King" OST "Maze" on the 30th.

SEVENTEEN's The 8 released the Chinese OST "Maze," a Chinese version of "The King: Eternal Monarch" on the 30th.

Since the end of "The King," the Korean Wave drama has continued to heat up, and Seventeen's global ripple effect has been added to continue the viewers' lingering imagery.

The 8's "Maze" combines piano melody and string sounds to highlight the sad but colorful life of "Lee Gon" in the play. In particular, The 8's musical ability, which reinterpreted the original OST "Maze" of "The King," has been recognized worldwide.

I was about to send this haha. Do you guys know where I can stream it? I cannot seem to find it on youtube :'(

ALSO OMAGAD THIS FANFIC

LIKE OMAGAD BELIEVE ME

https://archiveofourown.org/works/24857872?view_adult=true

• Like 4

Hello,

I dont know if anyone can help me, my brain cells are RickRoll'D up after watching epi 14:lol: and I have a doubt regarding time travelling.
Like, how was LG able to remember that his elder version was able to save him because the rest of them were able to recall in 15th episode.

• Like 1

【徐均朔】【The King:永远的君主】中文版OST《Gravity》

Chinese OST

[LYRICS/가사] SEVENTEEN (세븐틴) THE8 - MAZE [The King : Eternal Monarch Chinese OST]

@AgentQuake, finally, the Manpasikjeok gets to fulfill a flute's purpose of playing music :lol: 

Both OSTs are amazing! TKEM conquering the Chinese market is promising. :)

@Itsmylifeboss, when LG gets back to the present, he "merges" with the young LG who is now an adult. So the LG in epi 15 has retained, and also gained new memories.   

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, syntyche said:

@AgentQuake, finally, the Manpasikjeok gets to fulfill a flute's purpose of playing music :lol: 

Thank You so Much for the youtube videos!!! Woah I happened to just Passby The TKEM forum.Man Chinese version Of Gravity is so entracing. I feel as if Chinese osts if done right and Hit certain brain cells they become way more addictive with the hypnotizing music than any other songs.

Gravity chinese version Here I come....Wow Flute!!!

:arrows1:

• Awesome 2

Eb0nKgEU0AAvcXK?format=jpg&name=small

Studio Dragon's dramas such as "The King" have been shown to be a hit in the global market.

Lee Ki-hoon, a researcher at Hana Financial Investment Co., said Thursday that Studio Dragon's target stock price was 98,000 won, keeping its investment opinion as a buy.

Shares of Studio Dragon closed at 86,200 won on June 30.

"The digital box office indicators confirm Studio Dragon's high global competitiveness," the researcher said. "Expectations for sales in China are also rising again."

The global rankings of Netflix dramas can be checked in the box office index of major online video services (OTT) provided by "FlixPatrol."

As of June 30, "The King" ranked eighth. It ranked 12th on an annual cumulative basis.

Researcher Lee said, "Unlike the somewhat disappointing ratings in Korea, the fact that Studio Dragon's dramas are showing high performance globally is a very positive change not only in the number of Netflix sales but also in the future."

Studio Dragon is expected to generate 538.1 billion won in consolidated and 59 billion won in operating profit in 2020. Compared to its performance in 2019, sales and operating profit are up 14.8 percent and 105.5 percent. [Business Post Reporter Kim Nam-hyung]

http://m.businesspost.co.kr/BP?command=mobile_view&num=185247

@madmad min Right? Their OST versions are great! If this is an indication of "The King" franchise also getting distributed in China, maybe they'll do their versions of the other OSTs  :)

@magiclily, hmm, I haven't come across news of a dvd release yet. It got me thinking though, is this an effect of distributing "The King" via Netflix? I'm not sure how long Netflix is licensed to carry it in their platform. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Guys seriously, the Chinese version of it is FIRE FIRE FIRE.  The instrumental in the back during the chorus is much fuller, especially with the flute blasting.  The singer is also adding in his own little vocal tricks and it almost sounds more longing.  The lyrics are also very good, lots to do about eyes and pining lol.  

THE FLUTE. 

@syntyche no matter what my people in China choose to ban...the real money will still come from the Mainland.  Am hoping they finally get their azzes out of their heads at some point and stop banning everything and anything that looks at them funny.  LMH is so beloved in China, and KGE needs to star in major Chinese film.  Her chinese is better than mine and it’s my first language!  

Am still mad that they went with Liu Yi Fei instead of KGE for Mulan, UGH.  I can’t stand her, but even without my bias, KGE would have been perfect. 

Am now imagining KGE and LMH as Mulan and Shang omg.  Stupid Disney, won’t give me LMH/KGE, no Shang, no Mushu...die.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1