[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

KES' dramas are like a great chapter books. Putting the story together chapter by chapter. It's hard to be patient  in this instant gratification world! 

This forum is so wonderful! So many great ideas and theories! Blows my mind! I wonder if KES or anyone from the drama has ever taken a pick. Wonder what they'd think of all these ideas!

On a side note..

let's not get caught up in the ratings. It just doesn't matter,  It's clear most of us love the drama! 

Edited by Poppy517
  • Like 15

Omo.. SJ mom in ROC who work as the spy in the palace is indeed SJ's real mother.. SJ is switch so that the mother can work as spy.. she got the picture of SJ and smile 

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Ima04 said:

Omo.. SJ mom in ROC who work as the spy in the palace is indeed SJ's real mother.. SJ is switch so that the mother can work as spy.. she got the picture of SJ and smile 

Thanks for the confirmation. @YongZura⁷ And after giving some thoughts, I doubt that Lee Rim threatened SJ's biological mother because it is not his MO how to approach his "victims". He always proposes a deal,  appeals to their greed and desire. They are all his victims in reality, even the minions. Once they have saved their purpose, Lee Rim gets rid of them. Even his closest minion in ROK is well aware of that. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

4 minutes ago, LRM11219311 said:

Waaah! This drama keeps getting better :) can’t wait for next week’s episode. Argggf!!! 

I still maintain that this drama is so much better when you think of it not as a romance, but as a mystery/thriller.  This latest episode just proves that.

And yes, I fully expect the ratings to go down again.  Just getting ahead of those who will be surely posting about this again tomorrow.

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Drama's name King but We can't see King in drama :tears: 45 minutes Shin Jae 

Not really 45min about him chinggu, I think it is needed in the story. We cannot really expect the story to revolve mostly on LG every single day, because there are other characters, subplots that need to be explained and answered. We are finally getting answers to our questions here. Let's hope there will be more screen time for our couple next week :)

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

And here I am... cannot understand korean and eagerly waiting for netflix to update the latest episode..

But seriously.. watching it without subs still gives me the goosebumps when SJ slowly figures out his identity...

Mind blown!

Now I can't wait to watch it with sub!

Edit:

No subtitles needed but ewww.. did JTE took the bowl of ramen that Jangmi is eating and shared her lip gloss with him to be put on the face????

Grosssssssssss girl..  gross.... 

:sweat_smile:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Just now, mamabear said:

Not really 45min about him chinggu, I think it is needed in the story. We cannot really expect the story to revolve mostly on LG every single day, because there are other characters, subplots that need to be explained and answered. We are finally getting answers to our questions here. Let's hope there will be more screen time for our couple next week :)

I didn't say every single time King but how lead man screen time can be just 10 min. in 75 minutes ? 

• Like 3

The ending was great! I can get used to seeing scenes between that trio. 

Congratulations, we guessed it correctly, SJ was switched. Thanks to everyone on here, I think we’re ahead of the game. We also now know why LR has been photographing SJ. 

I was wrong about the ID. It’s clear now who took it. 

I want to see more Luna. Such a interesting character! 

I think it’s time LG meets LR. 

On the downside, they spend a little too much time investigating. Maybe there’s no need to introduce the new case. Focusing on Lee Sang Do’s case alone will lead to Lee Rim. 

Please give me more OTP next week. I missed them. 

Have to wait one more week.

• Like 12

SJ mother told him that after wake up from along time getting sick, he doesn't have any memory.

Now his memory is back after visitting Lee Ji Hom grave. He visit the grave coz the picture of the child in JTE file is somehow a familiar face and wonder what is JTE been investigate. 

He remember saw LG during the grieving ceremony at the TV.

He went to meet LG at the hotel and met JY. He clearly said "you're LG right?"

• Like 7