[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

7 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Outside the coffee shop in Korea' there was a board that said: she is not here.

She being the horse. So am not sure if Naeri was used for a Lord! Dont know korean and this might not be of help :(

Naeri is pronounced similar to Chinese "大人". (Yes, many Korean are from Chinese and have similar pronunciations to Chinese.)
In ancient times, the common people respectfully called officers "title+大人" .

Maximus is an officer with 7th grade. So, Maximus is called Naeri, but Maximus isn't the name for male ? The translation should be Lord instead of Lady.  :P

Chinese translation of "The King" never mentioned the sex of Maximus. The board outside the coffee shop was writing "The horse is not here anymore."  :)

*** OMG ! I just watched the 4th time of ep. 5 and found that the words on the board outside the coffee shop were English "She's gone." I have never noticed that before. :mellow::lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

Hey @gtLmh0622

Do you understand chinese? If yes then what is the name and significance of the seeds that JTE sows in Korea and in the land between 0 and 1?

Could you share, please?

Yes, I have posted it 2 days ago.
Actually there's no exact flower named "相思花" (flower), I searched it and only found the flower of "相思樹" (tree).

But I found a post on Weibo and indicated what is "相思花", you may find my post on page 172.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun & Woo Do Hwan Explore The Concept Of Doppelganger In Episode 7 & 8 Preview Of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

NEATLY PRESENTING ITS GROUNDWORK, THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH PREPS UP TO DELVE ON THE MYSTERY INVOLVING TWO PARALLEL WORLDS

As romance escalates between Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) and Jeong Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun), the plot thickens as the cryptic connection between the Republic of Korea and the Kingdom of Corea is slowly being unearthed.

The King: Eternal Monarch

IMMINENT TROUBLE + BLOOMING ROMANCE

The last six episodes has provided the engrossing concept of parallel universe. Lee Gon, with his nimble mind, has figured a brewing storm in the horizon. A confrontation he failed to conquer when he was young.

Expected to be a climactic event in the narrative, viewers should anticipate an iconic showdown between Lee Gon and Lee Rim.

On a lighter and heart-fluttering note, the sweet sigh inducing closing scene in episode 6 cemented the brave love for Lee Gon and Jeong Tae Eul. However, it will not be an easy task for Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun to achieve a dancing-in-the-air-happy-ending for their characters.

Worried of his presence in Jeong Tae Eul’s life, can Lee Gon defy the rules set for their separated worlds? Will their love be enough to withstand the looming challenges?

WHAT TO EXPECT IN EPISODE 7 & 8?

Meanwhile, in the released latest episode preview, more sweet bickering moments are expected for the reunited lovers. Lee Gon is seen holding a large lion doll, an upgrade from the tiny keychain he previously gifted Jeong Tae Eul.

Also, the concept of doppelgängers will be on the spotlight. In the early episodes, the series introduced how the two parallel worlds have the same people existing in both worlds. However, the lives of the people would be different.

Spoiler

giphy-15.gif

The King: Eternal Monarch

Look forward to the meeting between Jo Yeong and Jo Eun Seop, portrayed by Woo Do Hwan. The cute and cold reactions from them based on the video snippet are hilarious.

Viewers have yet to see Goo Seu Ryeong’s double in the Republic? Is it by any chance connected to Lee Rim?

Likewise, what will happen when Luna and Jeong Tae Eul meet? Lastly, what serious order did Lee Gon declare?

Find out the answers to these questions in episode 7 and 8 of The King: Eternal Monarch. It will be streamed worldwide via Netflix on May 8 and 9 at 10:30 p.m. SGT.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/the-king-eternal-monarch-episode-7-and-8-preview/

• Like 4
  • Love 4

HOW DO YOU SOLVE A PROBLEM LIKE JY?

Mystery #1

I found a couple of  March 2020 articles and they seem to point out more twists in this series --

From the entertainment section of IBT

The King: Eternal Monarch spoilers: Lee Min Ho may have to pay for his trust in Woo Do Hwan

In the historical fantasy thriller, the young actor of Mad Dog fame will be appearing in two roles – as the emperor's bodyguard Jo Young and as a public service worker named Jo Eun Seob. Till now, Korean drama lovers were under the impression that his character would be playing a protagonist in the mini-series. But the production team recently teased about his appearance as the main antagonist in the story (underscoring mine).

(https://www.ibtimes.sg/king-eternal-monarch-spoilers-lee-min-ho-may-have-pay-his-trust-woo-do-hwan-41318?utm_source=Internal&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=related)

Lee Min Ho-Kim Go Eun starrer K-drama 'The King: Eternal Monarch' reveals 5 sub-plots

A mystery behind Woo Do Hwan

Just like Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan also has two roles to play in the drama – as the emperor's bodyguard Jo Young and as the public service worker Jo Eun Seob. The character may have a lot to tell the emperor about the conspiracy behind his father's death. The viewers will get to know about it as the story unfolds.

Has this been highlighted before?

Mystery #2

In Epi 1, what does this exchange mean during the Mourning Ritual?

Young JY: Hey, eat this! I’ll give it to you.
Young LG: Put that away!
Male Figure: He is not moving an inch.
Ok Nam: Right
Male Figure: He should not talk like that to the King
Ok Nam: It’s all part of a plan. Just wait and see.

HMMMMMMMM….

Is this why JY has not told the King that LR was spotted during the rowing game? I cannot believe that he did not know LR’s face. In other forums the reply I got was that JY may be too young to remember the face of LR that’s why he may have missed the picture of LR in the race track. He is the King’s premiere guard. He grew up in the Palace. He knows the royal family. Hmmmmm....

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Insightful 1

Lee Min Ho And Kim Go Eun Share An Emotional Date Amidst The Growing Suspense In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Kim Go Eun and Lee Min Ho will be enjoying their first official date in the Republic of Korea in SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch”!

“The King: Eternal Monarch” tells the story of Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) and detective Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun), who live in parallel universes where Korea is a constitutional monarchy and democracy respectively, but work together to try and save peoples’ lives.

Spoiler

In the previous episode, Lee Gon opened up to Jung Tae Eul about his painful past of Lee Rim (Lee Jung Jin) committing treason to kill the late Emperor. Lee Gon’s story brought the two closer together as Jung Tae Eul expressed her sympathy. However, back in their own worlds, Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul found further suspicions surrounding Lee Rim after discovering his autopsy results and a mysterious voice message from Lee Gon’s Korean Empire. Eventually, Lee Gon returned to Jung Tae Eul, and the two shared a heartfelt reunion.

The newly released stills show a sneak peek of Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul’s first date in the Republic of Korea. In the scene, Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul’s hearts beat quickly as they gaze into each other’s eyes and feel their shoulders touch. Lee Gon nervously puts his arms around Jung Tae Eul’s shoulders while Jung Tae Eul tries to look natural. With loving and worried eyes, the two express their affection for one another. Viewers are curious to find out what created the profound and mysterious atmosphere during their emotional date.

Lee-Min-Ho-Kim-Go-Eun-1.jpg

This upcoming scene was filmed in April at a park in Yeonsu District in Incheon. During filming, Lee Min Ho had a bright smile that lit up the dark filming site. Kim Go Eun also pulled up everyone’s energy with her overflowing passion that is just like Jung Tae Eul’s. The two actors rehearsed in detail so that Lee Min Ho, who is much taller than Kim Go Eun, could naturally put his arm around her shoulders and the two could create a breathtaking eye contact scene. When they finally discovered the perfect angles, they gave each other compliments, creating a positive atmosphere.

Lee-Min-Ho-Kim-Go-Eun-2.jpg

The production team shared, “Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun are diligent actors who don’t forget to monitor their acting in detail to perfectly capture the emotions of Korea’s Emperor Lee Gon and the Republic of Korea’s detective Jung Tae Eul on screen.” They added that Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul will continue to develop feelings for one another as their collaboration begins in the upcoming episodes.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” airs Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1398824wpp/lee-min-ho-and-kim-go-eun-share-an-emotional-first-date-amidst-the-growing-suspense-in-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Just like Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan also has two roles to play in the drama – as the emperor's bodyguard Jo Young and as the public service worker Jo Eun Seob. The character may have a lot to tell the emperor about the conspiracy behind his father's death. The viewers will get to know about it as the story unfolds

I saw a spoiler in IG about the filming where LMH was fighting with LR's men using his sword, but I couldn't see WDH fighting with him. Wahhh please do not make this about breaking LG's trust. He will be very heartbroken if that happens. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

I found a couple of  March 2020 articles and they seem to point out more twists in this series --

From the entertainment section of IBT

(https://www.ibtimes.sg/king-eternal-monarch-spoilers-lee-min-ho-may-have-pay-his-trust-woo-do-hwan-41318?utm_source=Internal&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=related)

Has this been highlighted before? Is this why JY has not told the King that LR was spotted during the rowing game?Hmmmmm....

@mychoiyoung just when you think the worst that could happen to LG was JTE getting killed, but nope based from this article, there is a possibility JY might end up betraying LG too. I dont know how LG is going to stay mentally sane if both his bestie betrays him and his gf dies...that poor boy :bawling:

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@mychoiyoung just when you think the worst that could happen to LG was JTE getting killed, but nope based from this article, there is a possibility JY might end up betraying LG too. I dont know how LG is going to stay mentally sane if both his bestie betrays him and his gf dies...that poor boy :bawling:

I don’t think JY will betray LG tho. There’s some picture from the filming set leaked. In that picture, it seem JY is royal to LG only (His act is not what antagonist would do for sure). But welp.. I really enjoy watching WDH in bad boy mode as well so whatever. Haha

• Like 2

koreaboo.com

Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook Team up to Show Their Loyalty to Kim Go Eun 4 Years After “Goblin”

The goblin and grim reaper haven’t forgotten about Eun Tak.

iHhezDGxtM7yO0-v6Ich3F6KzEchTXM_T1w6-573

Sophia Lee
17 hours ago

On an Instagram account called “coffeegreate”, which is a coffee truck company that supports celebrities, multiple photos were recently shared of a coffee truck at arrived on the set of The King: Eternal Monarch.

Spoiler

xCNENSGKD1H-6Ui096F71HKr3jxIjwU6UW5BjqTE

The post was captioned,

The goblin and the grim reaper prepared a coffee truck as a Children’s Day present for Eun Tak.

– coffeegreate

lkaWZXPc0_VlLL5UyB7eMIDVaQWbO2dGD6acLgG-

They continued,

Although it’s been 4 years since ‘Goblin’, Gong Yoo, Lee Dong Wook, and Kim Go Eun continue to give off amazing chemistry.

– coffeegreate

AYwaiLB6zjq4yZm9QD_031Ood7_A8IgrptnR18Jp

The cups provided by the coffee truck gifted to Kim Go Eun from Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook, mention the charm of Kim Go Eun’s new character through the message,

Jung Tae Eul makes people’s heart race.

– coffeegreate

Hz9M-5VRjtZ9XRh19KIwNGWBfG9kdXqBvcqRmyYf

Back in 2016, Kim Go Eun, Gong Yoo, and Lee Dong Wook starred in the drama, Goblin, and showed off spectacular chemistry.

tD6uKUQ_Rve9ufF9m2IfXH1sVp6v-Z6wv1tEJVWH

And although it’s been 4 years since then, the actors continue to flaunt their close friendship.

TrUGhzhlu-SG4EgmhJ4pZoguNf9W1bmTip7-Eiwa

Kim Go Eun is currently starring in The King: Eternal Monarch with Lee Min Ho.

EHD1xDTOQtf9XAoRLkMWWVsQyA6iiL9tZncJn8kL

• Like 8

4 hours ago, DramaAddicted said:

I don’t think JY will betray LG tho. There’s some picture from the filming set leaked. In that picture, it seem JY is royal to LG only (His act is not what antagonist would do for sure). But welp.. I really enjoy watching WDH in bad boy mode as well so whatever. Haha

@DramaAddicted could you share the following leak pic ?? :hushed: Yea Im hoping he doesn't at all!!! Although as some has brought up how when he saw the pic of LR in Nari's doppelgänger's camera, he seemed unfazed by it (Nari's twin however seem to try the camera away from him at that moment so hmmmmmmm) 

4 hours ago, DramaAddicted said:

@DramaAddicted could you share the following leak pic ?? :hushed: Yea Im hoping he doesn't at all!!! Although as some has brought up how when he saw the pic of LR in Nari's doppelgänger's camera, he seemed unfazed by it (Nari's twin however seem to try the camera away from him at that moment so hmmmmmmm) 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. This is the last time I will merge your posts - next time you'll receive a official warning.
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SweetButters said:

If anyone does, please use the "spoiler tag" ......

One more sleep ....till the new episodes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DramaAddicted said:

I think I saw one leaked filming as well...Spoiler may be around 23-24th April it came around.

Spoiler

the FIGHTING was going on, and JY came in front of LG to save him from a bullet ( ala LOTBS)

...these pop up in IG searches though :(

• Like 2