[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

1 hour ago, Lobsang Dolma said:

Just for the record: This is a comment I had shared on the Kookmin's youtube channel. But, I wished to share it here as well to hear of other shippers' opinion.

So, since the 'few' kookmin interactions that were there in ep 453 were already mentioned over here as well as on Kookmin's youtube channel, I thought I won't repeat on that. But, i just wanted to write on the article about oppa mentioning his past girlfriend on the most recent ep of MUD plus what I feel of Somin's stance in their interaction given her Instagram post prior to this episode. I can see that the running man pd, having re-joined the show wanted to sort of revamp all the settings on the show including their interactions hence the different teams and role-plays. This along the way could mean that kookmin interactions could be shown less for whatever reason. Also, it was kind of impossible to have a lot of noticeable kookmin interactions this time mainly cause they were in different teams.

And I feel that Somin's posting of her Instagram post prior to the show plus her subtle moments of approaching oppa in the latest episode kind of got me convinced that if oppa does confess/have confessed, Somin appeared positive about the development. I meant positive in the sense that she is open to the relationship developing into something more.  

Before I forget, despite my excitement in trying to find kookmin interactions, I got quite backtracked and saddened by the article about oppa mentioning of his past girlfriend on MUD. He says, for that girl, he felt an emotion which he had never felt again and that he intended to marry that person despite their relationship not working out. He further mentioned, his desire to marry that person was such that if he married that person, his emotion would be to the point of making him cry. I know that oppa likes reminiscing about his past memories, but, the depth with which he says things about his past girlfriend not once, but more than few times on different shows and at this time as well, makes me think, he still isn't over that girl and hence, hasn't really gone into approaching his interaction with somin as a potential meaningful relationship. In the process, I can't help but think this could mean that Somin's stance is at a different stage than oppa's despite us wishing for the best. Its me worrying I guess. But, I genuinely felt that from today's episode plus the article plus Somin's Insta post, I do not necessarily feel the usual over-the-moon happy about their interaction. Any words to help me feel otherwise about kookmin would greatly be appreciated!!

I have a theory but first the observations.  

Kookmin's actions/body language in ep 453 were consistent with what we have been observing in the last 8 episodes.  My take, the relationship has progressed well and their interactions have become rather obvious in this episode, with both of them really going out of their way to show their care for each other.  

At the same time, verbally, both parties seemed to hint (and not openly declare) that they were still unattached.  In this episode, during one of the games jsm claimed that she still did not have a boyfriend, and kjk in MUD (ep 140) was sharing stories over a past romance.  

My theory:  I suspect more people are beginning to notice kookmin's budding relationship and they could be constantly questioned over it.  By looking at the signs, to me, they don't seem to be ready to officially announce their relationship yet and thus, the dropping of hints could be made in order to deflect any unwanted/embarrassing questions from outsiders.  

Personally, l think my conclusion still stands as of now.  I am still at peace with the current situation.  ;) 

12 minutes ago, Laijan said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is MUD ?

MUD - My Ugly Duckling (another variety show which kjk is also in)

You should try watching it, it's quite entertaining ;) 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Benji D said:

I have a theory but first the observations.  

Kookmin's actions/body language in ep 453 were consistent with what we have been observing in the last 8 episodes.  My take, the relationship has progressed well and their interactions have become rather obvious in this episode, with both of them really going out of their way to show their care for each other.  

At the same time, verbally, both parties seemed to hint (and not openly declare) that they were still unattached.  In this episode, during one of the games jsm claimed that she still did not have a boyfriend, and kjk in MUD (ep 140) was sharing stories over a past romance.  

My theory:  I suspect more people are beginning to notice kookmin's budding relationship and they could be constantly questioned over it.  By looking at the signs, to me, they don't seem to be ready to officially announce their relationship yet and thus, the dropping of hints could be made in order to deflect any unwanted/embarrassing questions from outsiders.  

Personally, l think my conclusion still stands as of now.  I am still at peace with the current situation.  ;) 

MUD - My Ugly Duckling (another variety show which kjk is also in)

You should try watching it, it's quite entertaining ;) 

I think I understand your logic and lowkey makes me happy. I also agree that I felt similar vibes from them this episode too. But as I was thinking about what Jong Kook talked about on the recent MUD episode, I think in psychological wise he is at a point maybe his feelings deepened and somewhat afraid, thus, the comparing. I am not sure who he has feelings for of course, but I think if you assess his psychology and how often he mentions his ex- and marriage I think he is sort of afraid getting into a relationship right now, considering his age. He is at an age where his friends already have a couple kids and are settled so even though he might be feeling something I think he might be afraid that it will fail again like his past relationship, which he often blames himself for. The most recent relationship always seems the most hurtful, even though he does make it seem as though he has not moved on, I think to me he has, but that feeling of recent failure some years ago does surface once you want to try again. I am not really sure that Somin is the girl, I hope she is since I am rooting for them.

So my conclusion is that, be it with Somin or any other person that Jong kook is feeling this feelings for, I think Jong Kook himself is sort of afraid of a relationship because I think now he feels he is ready, which has mentioned very often, and he is afraid that he is going to fail again like he did before. So instead of not moving on from past love I think he is rather remembering those feelings from the past, which I really sort of believe is very impactful to him. And from the reaction from the guys in the car give him I think he talks about that more often with them. So, big deal for him maybe since now I think whatever, relationship he enters he wants it to work and not fail like he did before. 

Just an add on, from ep 445 where somin is a secret couple, I remember she answered a question that is takes about 10 years to move on from a break up, maybe there is something there.  

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Benji D said:

Tengo una teoría pero primero las observaciones.  

Las acciones / lenguaje corporal de Kookmin en el ep 453 fueron consistentes con lo que hemos estado observando en los últimos 8 episodios. Desde mi punto de vista, la relación ha progresado bien y sus interacciones se han vuelto bastante obvias en este episodio, ya que ambos se han esforzado por demostrar su interés mutuo.  

Al mismo tiempo, verbalmente, ambas partes parecían insinuar (y no declarar abiertamente) que todavía estaban desapegados. En este episodio, durante uno de los juegos, jsm afirmó que aún no tenía novio, y kjk en MUD (ep 140) estaba compartiendo historias sobre un romance pasado.  

Mi teoría: sospecho que más personas están comenzando a notar la relación en ciernes de Kookmin y podrían ser cuestionadas constantemente por ello. Al observar los signos, para mí, no parecen estar listos para anunciar oficialmente su relación y, por lo tanto, se podrían dejar de lado las sugerencias para desviar cualquier pregunta no deseada / vergonzosa de los forasteros.  

Personalmente, creo que mi conclusión sigue vigente a partir de ahora. Todavía estoy en paz con la situación actual.  ;) 

MUD - My Ugly Duckling (otro programa de variedades en el que también se encuentra kjk)

Debes intentar verlo, es bastante entretenido. ;) 

Tx

37 minutes ago, shamos83 said:

I think I understand your logic and lowkey makes me happy. I also agree that I felt similar vibes from them this episode too. But as I was thinking about what Jong Kook talked about on the recent MUD episode, I think in psychological wise he is at a point maybe his feelings deepened and somewhat afraid, thus, the comparing. I am not sure who he has feelings for of course, but I think if you assess his psychology and how often he mentions his ex- and marriage I think he is sort of afraid getting into a relationship right now, considering his age. He is at an age where his friends already have a couple kids and are settled so even though he might be feeling something I think he might be afraid that it will fail again like his past relationship, which he often blames himself for. The most recent relationship always seems the most hurtful, even though he does make it seem as though he has not moved on, I think to me he has, but that feeling of recent failure some years ago does surface once you want to try again. I am not really sure that Somin is the girl, I hope she is since I am rooting for them.

So my conclusion is that, be it with Somin or any other person that Jong kook is feeling this feelings for, I think Jong Kook himself is sort of afraid of a relationship because I think now he feels he is ready, which has mentioned very often, and he is afraid that he is going to fail again like he did before. So instead of not moving on from past love I think he is rather remembering those feelings from the past, which I really sort of believe is very impactful to him. And from the reaction from the guys in the car give him I think he talks about that more often with them. So, big deal for him maybe since now I think whatever, relationship he enters he wants it to work and not fail like he did before. 

Just an add on, from ep 445 where somin is a secret couple, I remember she answered a question that is takes about 10 years to move on from a break up, maybe there is something there.  

I respect your feelings.  Don't worry too much.  Let's just enjoy the 'roller-coaster ride'.  :D

• Love 1

You should remember that the recordings of these chapters are many days ago, I'm sure it's been weeks, I think if you bring it up is because maybe every time you see a possibility with a woman, you ask that question to measure whether you try or not. I love it So min, she is cheerful and sweet, and will give color to KJK, if he accepts it, because I do not doubt that she has feelings for him. I think if I had something with So Min would take care of that relationship

2 hours ago, Benji D said:

Tengo una teoría pero primero las observaciones.  

Las acciones / lenguaje corporal de Kookmin en el ep 453 fueron consistentes con lo que hemos estado observando en los últimos 8 episodios. Desde mi punto de vista, la relación ha progresado bien y sus interacciones se han vuelto bastante obvias en este episodio, y se han esforzado por demostrar su interés mutuo.  

Al mismo tiempo, verbalmente, ambas partes parecían insinuar (y no declarar abiertamente) que todavía estaban desapegados. En este episodio, durante uno de los juegos, JSM tiene un historial, no tengo ningún novio, y kjk en MUD (ep 140) estaba compartiendo historias sobre un romance pasado.  

Mi teoría: sospecho que más personas están comenzando a notar la relación en ciernes de Kookmin y podríamos ser cuestionadas constantemente por ello. Al observar los signos, para mí, no parecen estar listos para anunciar oficialmente su relación y, por lo tanto, se puede dejar de lado las sugerencias para desviar cualquier pregunta no deseada / vergonzosa de los forasteros.  

Personalmente, creo que mi conclusión sigue vigente a partir de ahora. Todavía estoy en paz con la situación actual.  ;) 

MUD - Mi patito feo (otro programa de variedades en el que también se encuentra kjk)

Debes intentar verlo, es bastante entretenido. ;) 

Tx

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Laijan said:

You should remember that the recordings of these chapters are many days ago, I'm sure it's been weeks, I think if you bring it up is because maybe every time you see a possibility with a woman, you ask that question to measure whether you try or not. I love it So min, she is cheerful and sweet, and will give color to KJK, if he accepts it, because I do not doubt that she has feelings for him. I think if I had something with So Min would take care of that relationship

Tx

Love your positive vibes.  Let's amplify it and share it with the world!  Love rules!!!  :heart:

• Like 2

If they're actually dating we aren't going to know regardless. They aren't just going to announce it. Unless marriage happens it'll just always be us guessing unfortunately but that's half the fun right? Speculating is enjoyable

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

37 minutes ago, Benji D said:

I respect your feelings.  Don't worry too much.  Let's just enjoy the 'roller-coaster ride'.  :D

Yap no worries, if some slight waves hit the ship, it does not sink. So still on :love:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Remember regardless of how few opportunities they have in a given episode to meet they can just as easily meet up now that they're close. 

Remember when they were so awkward she used to avoid sitting next to him? Won't ever be that bad

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I’m just going to add a bit. I’m really happy that they have a closer relationship than before.i concur with @TaengTaengoo. SM,was before, extremely uncomfortable with KJK. KJK actually a few episodes (don’t remember the exact episode) back declared that SM saved Running Man. To me,I think this was the turning point in their relationship. 

I also not only do I  see their interactions between them, but I also see the reactions of the other members. The reactions are telling. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

In this chapter. The only thing I didn't like was being told that she had no chemistry with the other lady they might be. That you really don't notice so much chemistry between them, but among the oppas . She takes super Super well. And I really like that she has an amazing chemistry with them.I really don't know whether they'll have it or noticias a relationship.In this episode. I think they keep looking for each other, and she makes a joke with him His jokes are funny.He looks happy.The same also had more interaction with the other lady in this episode. I imagine to prevent them from saying bad things about their relationship.In the end, they are all speculations in what I want to believe and I want to believe that they have something because that is what love is.Excuse my English. Because again I repeat that my language is Spanish.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, nrbrown said:

I’m just going to add a bit. I’m really happy that they have a closer relationship than before.i concur with @TaengTaengoo. SM,was before, extremely uncomfortable with KJK. KJK actually a few episodes (don’t remember the exact episode) back declared that SM saved Running Man. To me,I think this was the turning point in their relationship. 

I also not only do I  see their interactions between them, but I also see the reactions of the other members. The reactions are telling. :blush:

She honestly did though... The reason the PDs wanted to kick out KJK and SJH was cause of how stale and stagnant the show got. Sechan took a while but he fits in now really well and having another comedian helps a lot with witty gags, but Somin was instant 

Somin instantly fit into the group and had some dynamic with every member 

YJS is obvious these two were the Green team her ridiculousness and extreme nature also made her a good team with Haha and JSJ as well as these two are a great supporting role 

Sechan and LKS were the trio with her of maknae and often had a repoire with her so they worked near instantly 

SJH actually in contrast was made to seem even more Capable cause of how unlucky Somin was and having another girl is always nice.

KJK was initially the awkward relationship and they did capitalize on how uncomfortable the two were with each other. Made moments like her randomly handing him a flower and such much funnier. (This is the only one with a drastic change in dynamic)

She's extremely beloved by viewers in Korea and despite me liking KJK the most I started tuning in again and again for Somin. She might not have been the sole factor but you're absolutely delusional (looking at you Somin Antis) if you don't think she played a huge nearly instant role in fixing the show

Also in variety shows avoiding or getting punishments is inherently more interesting than watching people get a prize you can't visualize for yourself and the format change to the trips was ingenious as it made watching continuously more valuable whilst individual episodes were still viewable on their own. (Not related to her just adding it in there)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

SM + current  PD make Running Man extremely enjoyable to watch. When they went on their penalty trips I was laughing uproariously. 

Some interesting “body language” which I can’t help to point out in this current episode (453)

1. When SM was playing the cup game, and asking questions , and answering questions. I don’t know if this was intentional by the PD to create speculation (editing).Or KJK, doing it himself.

My speculation is for some minutes it looked like he was intentionally “hiding” ,so he wouldn’t show his honest reaction. And other members helped him. 

2. When SM was found out not to be a ‘fake’, KJK purposely came over to give her a comfort hug. Another member did it too. But again I don’t remember KJK doing that before. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 5

31 minutes ago, nrbrown said:

SM + current  PD make Running Man extremely enjoyable to watch. When they went on their penalty trips I was laughing uproariously. 

Some interesting “body language” which I can’t help to point out in this current episode (453)

1. When SM was playing the cup game, and asking questions , and answering questions. I don’t know if this was intentional by the PD to create speculation (editing).Or KJK, doing it himself.

My speculation is for some minutes it looked like he was intentionally “hiding” being seen so he wouldn’t show his honest reaction. And other members helped him. 

2. When SM was found out not to be a ‘fake’, KJK purposely came over to give her a comfort hug. Another member did it too. But again I don’t remember KJK doing that before. :wub:

I actually thought similar to you, I really felt that he was sort of hiding when it was Somin's turn to play the game, other times his face and expressions were visible but at this particular time it wasn't. I didn't see him smile much either when everyone else was laughing at the response Somin gave about Sang Yeob. I also saw that JK was so much in the front after the game was over, not sure but I can speculate that he was sort of scared for her somehow, you can see him biting his finger, and seldom smile. Maybe he was worried coz she wasn't well. Throughout this episode Somin didn't really seem well, she looked a bit under the weather but I could see she was active but also JK seemed rather under the weather too, because he really wasn't running much and his hair was down. I am not sure but I don't recall ever seeing his hair down like that. So, I at first just thought that JK was sort of sick again, something to do with his legs, I remember he had gout before, but after some people pointed it out it looked like Somin was as well. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

5 hours ago, shamos83 said:

I actually thought similar to you, I really felt that he was sort of hiding when it was Somin's turn to play the game, other times his face and expressions were visible but at this particular time it wasn't. I didn't see him smile much either when everyone else was laughing at the response Somin gave about Sang Yeob. I also saw that JK was so much in the front after the game was over, not sure but I can speculate that he was sort of scared for her somehow, you can see him biting his finger, and seldom smile. Maybe he was worried coz she wasn't well. Throughout this episode Somin didn't really seem well, she looked a bit under the weather but I could see she was active but also JK seemed rather under the weather too, because he really wasn't running much and his hair was down. I am not sure but I don't recall ever seeing his hair down like that. So, I at first just thought that JK was sort of sick again, something to do with his legs, I remember he had gout before, but after some people pointed it out it looked like Somin was as well. 

Maybe one of them was sick and they tongued it out until they were both sick

• LOL 5

After Sangyeob chose Somin to share the hint and Somin hugged Sangyeob, Jongkook was kinda walking back and forth at the back when everyone was focusing on SoMin and Sangyeob. 

And after Somin and Sangyeob read the clue card, you can see Jongkook's expression he wasn't too happy

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, TaengTaengoo said:

Did anyone else hope Somin would lose and pick KJK when the episode started? Couple performance from those two would be nice

it seemed to me that kjk was excited when they mentioned the couple dance. but i don't think the team will encourage that at this stage :( would have been nice to have the best singer and the best dancer on the team team up.

• Like 2

re-posting what i posted in the channel comments.

i know the mud episode made many of us feel worried. i am glad kookmin shippers analysed it so rationally.

that mud episode was shot on may 1 and the lovely kookmin episode, ep. 452, was shot after that. jsm posted a song about spring on may 4. so i don't take what kjk said at face value there. the old song that kapjin played for him must have reminded him of his love and that is why he reminisced. also, i think it is something jsm already knows since the woman seems to be the same. that he shared such a personal story with jsm just one year after they had known each other shows he felt she was someone who would understand. so that story is fine. i think kjk has already got someone now because he smiles when kapjin says he can't do push and pull with women. i am not sure about that though ;) i think they both do push and pull :P

also kapjin talks about reserving a song for kjk's wedding. his words are 'this is the song i wanted to sing for your wedding' and then he corrects himself and says 'if you get married'. the same thing happened at lks's press conference this year. kjk said he would find it hard to get married this year and the others correct him saying he has to meet someone first. so i think the story about the ex is just a meaningful story for mud. it might have been a reason why he couldn't marry before but not sure if it still holds true now.

it is also nice to see him wearing bright colours and justifying wearing them saying it is good weather. he used to wear bright colours for ICSYV because the show demands a brighter look, but to see him consistently wear bright colours on RM and even on mud is something new. it looks like there is colour in his life now :))

i thought we had entered a new phase in kookmin relationship with last episode and that is why i was slightly disappointed with this episode. honestly, it reminded me a bit of their mating dances with the push and pull last year but then i think those dances will not cease until the show ends and they are in a place to decide what to do. the progression i see is that things are much more stable now. kjk did spend some time alone with jsm to take those cute pics of hers and she uploaded them on her insta the next day. so while we couldn't see them sitting together like in the last episode, they must have spent some time together among the flowers.

kjk choosing the maknae costume reminded me of him choosing the frog costume last year. yes, there might be a pretty logical reason why he chooses certain clothes which don't require much make up, but i think there is more to it than that.

i hope chulmin pd won't separate them into two teams all the time. i love to see my kookmin interact. but then like @Taeng Tangoo said, even if they can't interact with each other on the show, they can always meet outside. that kookmin got so close despite rarely being teamed up together means there is something which draws them to each other and for now, i trust that :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3