[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

On 5/12/2019 at 8:37 PM, minahnoona said:

Ep 451 subbed on Myrunningman.com

Subbed ep is out and I watched the spanking segment. One thing about subbing is that sometimes they don't translate literally and apply their own interpretation of the intent of the sentence rather than the actual sentence which I think can be misleading or missing the nuance somethimes? Like Jaesuk's line to Jongkook - 'ni yeoja chingu ya?"which was translated to 'are you two dating?' whereas he clearly said girlfriend "yeoja chingu" (so more like 'is she your girlfriend?). 

Then there's Jongkook's line "nega do yojeum choahaneun dongsaeng" which was translated as "she's like a sister to me" whereas I think it's more like "these days she's a close younger female that I like" (probably in the sense of am fond of/close to rather than romantically in this context). Dongsaeng doesn't mean sister literally, but a younger male/female that you have a close relationship/friendship with (not just biological younger siblings). 

For those of us that depend on subs I guess that's the thing we have to deal with. My Korean is very basic but enough to understand simple words, so I do pick up on these things. Just like i notice that in dramas they hardly ever translate Oppa or those other Korean pronouns correctly in English - choosing to use the character names instead in the subs. 

Thank you so much @minahnoonafor explaining this! I hope any kookmin supporters who took the "sister" translation to literally mean "immediate family member" breathe a little bit easier after reading your post. Here, it seems "dongsaeng" doesn't indicate "immediate family version of sister" anymore than it means "Catholic nun version of sister" :D If Somin is about to join a convent and can't make TV appearances anymore, I may break down and cry.

These days I'm a little bit quieter about kookmin online. Is it because I've lost affection for them or have doubts about them? No, no way. The exact opposite actually. My feelings for kookmin have grown even more tender and softer. I feel like they're so precious and rare. These lovely human connections aren't supposed to bloom on a variety show, yet somehow miraculously here it did.

And I'm now in the camp that firmly believes that there's an active romantic component to their relationship. It's because of that confidence in their connection that I feel less of an urge to talk about them 24/7 like I was doing the previous two months. When kookmin still felt like a mystery to me, and I couldn't get a handle on what was going onnnn between these two folks: do they like each other? do they hate each other? are they frienemies? are they crushing on each other? ...I felt more of a need to talk about it and ask questions about it, because then I might come closer to figuring out the mystery of kookmin. And actually, that's kinda what happened lol. I have my own answer to the mystery that was kookmin.

(Seriously, @kookminclan RunningMan 's youtube channel is magic, and whatever sincere kookmin wishes get written in the comments there come true! :D )

Why do I share this? Because I bet there are a lot of RM viewers who feel the way I do these days. They quietly support kookmin and enjoy their interactions. Regardless of whatever noise there was/is about this "dongsaeng" translation, I felt very peaceful about it. No matter how much chatter there is either way, this is what ultimately convinced me that kookmin is legit:

https://youtu.be/PyGaH76_Z7E

The RM crew walking into the movie theater together at Kwangsoo's premiere with Kookmin up in front. They walk perfectly in sync with each other. Without looking, they match their steps to each other, even their turns. They're like a school of fish! Synchronizing movements like that is really hard to do. Ask pairs figure skaters. It only happens naturally like that when there's a deep, interwoven connection between two people.

P.S. A big thank you to all of you who shared the scoop about your personal RM viewing history and how you got into Kookmin.

Edited by kirbee b
trying and failing to embed youtube video. how do you that? how did i do it before? :P
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

kirby b and kookminclan

What both of you just said resonates deeply with me.  I am in the same camp that believes that 'there's an active romantic component to their relationship'. Their current level of interactions have been consistent since the beginning of this year, and l believe they will continue.  After ranting and collecting my thoughts, l am currently at peace and will revert to the 'silent observer mode' :ph34r: heheh.  Nonetheless, please keep on sharing your insightful thoughts which all of us have been looking forward to.  :D

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sam98tha said:

Hi everyone! I have been reading this forum for a while and I just can't hold it in any longer, the discussions here are so mature and calm. 

I started watching Running man when the new members joined on a whim. I read a few articles about the new members who would be joining and decided to give it a try and then got hooked by the beautiful chaos that goes on.

Somin was my favourite, she has such an infectious smile and such great positive energy. A little happy pill. 

Kim jong kook was actually somebody I misunderstood. But then I went back and watched all the old episodes and also mud and I realised what sort of person he actually is. 

At first, it was clear that the two weren't as close and comfortable with each other which is understandable because they have such different personalities.

Even though it's been close to two years, their relationship recently has progressed so quickly. There's such an undeniably stark difference in their interactions from the episode they reveal somin asked kjk out for coffee.

Whatever the relationship between the two, they have such good chemistry and balance each other out. I will support them separately and together as long as they're happy 

Welcome aboard! I adore Somin - she shines not only in RM but also in her other variety appearances. Her improv sketch in KB is one of the all time best for me! She's one of those people for whom there's no such thing as a stranger, she's just so warm, vivacious and yes, mischievous too hehe. I'm so happy that she has found her place in the Yu line, it's obvious that Jaesuk adores her. And now looks like she's becoming part of Jongkook's squad (whether as friends or more), extending beyond her maknae line bffs. Anyone who has her in their lives are very lucky indeed! 

And yes, a lot of the kookmin shippers here also note the very organic progress in their interactions, and how we can see them moving from phase to phase. This latest phase has got me squueeeing like mad lol. We are in exciting times ^^

• Like 5

Just now, Benji D said:

kirby b and kookminclan

What both of you just said resonates deeply with me.  I am in the same camp that believes that 'there's an active romantic component to their relationship'. Their current level of interactions have been consistent since the beginning of this year, and l believe they will continue.  After ranting and collecting my thoughts, l am currently at peace and will revert to the 'silent observer mode' :ph34r: heheh.  Nonetheless, please keep on sharing your insightful thoughts which all of us have been looking forward to.  :D

Aww I loved reading your observations of the different phases on @kookminclan RunningMan's channel. But shipping should be fun and not burdensome, so do what's best for you and join us when you can ^^

@kirbee b I'm the opposite - the more things happen the more I have to talk about it and squuueeeee with people over it ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I do come from the "more is more" school of thought lol. Hence the recent interactions since ep449 and how they seem to be picking up pace is sending me into overdrive hehehe. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Btw, @kookminclan RunningMan or anyone else more familiar with Jongkook. Is Kwangsoo not part of Jongkook's squad? We only see Haha and Sechan on MUD. Or is Kwangsoo part of the squad but either busy with his own projects or prefers to only be on one variety show? I'm just curious. My favourite eps of MUD are those segments when Haha and Sechan hang out with Jongkook.

I wish I can see Sechan hanging out with Somin and Kwangsoo on any show - his friendship with Somin is lovely, and he really does watch out for her. I enjoyed watching their first meeting and hanging out on Outrageous roommates. Poor Sechan gets even more flack than Somin from RM 'fans'. And from MUD, I can see how his hyungs find him delightful. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, minahnoona said:

Btw, @kookminclan RunningMan or anyone else more familiar with Jongkook. Is Kwangsoo not part of Jongkook's squad? We only see Haha and Sechan on MUD. Or is Kwangsoo part of the squad but either busy with his own projects or prefers to only be on one variety show? I'm just curious. My favourite eps of MUD are those segments when Haha and Sechan hang out with Jongkook.

I wish I can see Sechan hanging out with Somin and Kwangsoo on any show - his friendship with Somin is lovely, and he really does watch out for her. I enjoyed watching their first meeting and hanging out on Outrageous roommates. Poor Sechan gets even more flack than Somin from RM 'fans'. And from MUD, I can see how his hyungs find him delightful. 

Haha and Jongkook were close enough to Kwangsoo to try to rope him into a "hidden camera" prank on Big Picture. I think that was supposed to be the original premise of BP, but Kwangsoo said no way. I only watched the first half of season one of BP, so I didn't see this part, but I read about it online. And he was one of the "dongsaengs" that got summoned to Kookmin's coffee get together lol.

Kwangsoo does seem really disciplined about which variety shows he does. He also did Busted on Netflix, but I don't know of any others. It might have something to do with keeping a certain balance with the actor side of his career. (??)

I know this is a Kookmin thread, but I adore Sechan and Somin together! Strictly as friends. Never anything romantic. I love how they casually hold hands from time to time. When that happens, they give off the vibe of kindergarteners on a field trip. So cute! You always have to "pair up" with a buddy when you're out in the world. Less chance of getting lost.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, minahnoona said:

@kirbee b I'm the opposite - the more things happen the more I have to talk about it and squuueeeee with people over it ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I do come from the "more is more" school of thought lol. Hence the recent interactions since ep449 and how they seem to be picking up pace is sending me into overdrive hehehe. 

I'm a big fan of those of who squeeeeeee over the people/things/events I love! Seriously, I love reading comments on stuff I'm enthusiastic about. I'm grateful for the growing vocal presence of kookmin shippers online.

I'm also the type to join in when things feel quiet or stuff I'm thinking isn't being said or is under-mentioned. @kookminclan RunningMan channel is fire right now! Pretty much every kookmin thought/reaction I'm having is already being said there. I happily nod along now, and I want to hug all the comments in solidarity because kookmin shippers are so loving and cute! But I'm sure I'll feel moved to comment there from time to time.

I interacted with a lot of awesome people on youtube and because I started commenting there, and if I get a little quiet, I don't want them to think I abandoned the ship or anything like that -- if they think of me at all, that is. :D

And this soompi thread is an important resource too. I'm sure it'll grow, and it'll be a great way to track more complex discussions, and have everything accessible. I'll be here too.

Kookmin forever!  :heart:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I am new here but I have been closely following the comments that are left here and on youtube. I am not at the same level as you guys in noticing the very micro interactions that you guys have noticed and analyzed, but it is really fun to be able to notice and see them all in @kookminclan RunningMan videos on youtube. Happy shipping with you guys, I am rather the quiet shipper, this is my first time actually joining conversations on shipping two celebrities, so looking forward to how our ship is going to develop and where it will lead us. :love: Kookmin is special and hopefully they are happy even as siblings but for now I will stay excited. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Sam98tha said:

I don't know whether this is the right place to ask, but does anybody know what Sechan has replied to jongkook's comment on his latest post? I really feel like he posted it to troll Sominnie and jong kook with the identical caption and the pose

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxbnm6jpVd2/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1oo7as5tu93c8

based on this https://www.italki.com/question/407664?hl=ko, seems like he means to say 'i put on airs for once' or 'i acted pompous for once'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

based on this https://www.italki.com/question/407664?hl=ko, seems like he means to say 'i put on airs for once' or 'i acted pompous for once'

Thanks! That was beyond my Korean level :sweatingbullets:

I asked my Korean friend and she translated it as making a pose. The translation from the site sounds more relevant. 

And I never knew this site existed! I gotta explore more! My Korean has been stuck at toddler level (maybe less!) for years now orz. I need to spend time learning instead of just watching shows and relying on subs ㅋㅋㅋ

• Like 2

On 5/15/2019 at 8:28 AM, kirbee b said:

Haha and Jongkook were close enough to Kwangsoo to try to rope him into a "hidden camera" prank on Big Picture. I think that was supposed to be the original premise of BP, but Kwangsoo said no way. I only watched the first half of season one of BP, so I didn't see this part, but I read about it online. And he was one of the "dongsaengs" that got summoned to Kookmin's coffee get together lol.

Kwangsoo does seem really disciplined about which variety shows he does. He also did Busted on Netflix, but I don't know of any others. It might have something to do with keeping a certain balance with the actor side of his career. (??)

I know this is a Kookmin thread, but I adore Sechan and Somin together! Strictly as friends. Never anything romantic. I love how they casually hold hands from time to time. When that happens, they give off the vibe of kindergarteners on a field trip. So cute! You always have to "pair up" with a buddy when you're out in the world. Less chance of getting lost.

Thanks for this reply! This reminds me that Jongkook has been supportive of Kwangsoo's movie on Insta, so he is a loved dongsaeng. I guess Kwangsoo is really just particular about his variety show appearances then. 

I love that within the Yoo-line, there's a further sub-line which is Jongkook's squad - Haha, Kwangsoo, Sechan and now Somin ^^. I'm glad that she fits right in!

I have my theories of why Kookmin wasn't a thing until much later:

- She's like a female Kwangsoo in some ways and unlike Kwangsoo she didn't have the long history/friendship with him at first, so some of the Kwangsoo-like shenanigans can be annoying to a straight arrow like Jongkook. I find it telling that the reason why he chose to reveal her secret in the clan episode was because he was sure she would reveal his, and he didn't want to resent her (assuming the subs is right) - and this was already at the point when they were getting on better (after the yeobo sketch ep and before the honeybee ep) so he had already accepted that this is her 'character' on the show.

- Kwangmin early vibes/loveline. It was only when the status of Kwangmin was settled that he could possibly see her as something more?

The interesting thing is that I feel like Somin was the one who made the first overture (coffee date) but it is Jongkook now that is setting the pace - concert, SNS interactions.

I need to do a Kookmin timeline to have a better sense of all of this! 

• Like 6

SNS CHEMISTRY

At the filming of ep 449 (filmed on 15 Apr), they talked about Kookmin "SNS Chemi", bringing up his 2 trolling comments on her posts of 29 Mar and 1 Apr. So what does Jongkook do after that?  

24 Apr: He trolls her further in her post below:

u62wkHA.jpg&key=ae34e161e8a077d9e7ddd1af

The translation from @kirbee b:

jsm posted a colloquialism that means "spring is too short" - the words she uses literally translate into "spring skipping" or "spring jumping across" but i think her intent is to say spring, the season, is passing by too fast.

kjk replies: "i like...jumping across" he uses the same word for "skipping" or "jumping across" that jsm uses, but applies it literally instead of figuratively. he's being cute and playful.

hwanjine pd replies to kjk: "lololololol you should skip while holding hands lololololol"

Now I want to add that Jongkook isn't just trolling but being actively flirty here! If he just wanted to say "I like skipping", the normal way would be "keonneoddwigi joahyo" (in Korean it's reverse from English). Instead, here he says "joahyo..." first, which is a typical confession line in a Korean drama and can be read as "I like (you)" before he adds the "keonnoddwigi" (skipping) after the period pause. I know my heart certainly skipped after I saw the first word LOL. I can see why Hwanjine PD replied so excitedly the way he did! 

The fact that Jongkook teased her like this and being rather flirty even after the filming of ep449 shows a man set on his course ^^

7 May: Somin makes an appearance on @kjk76 for the first time!

PqqON2n.jpg

Not only that, it's the first time she commented on his post (if i'm wrong, do let me know!) - saying "Oppa the weather was very good" - however she used aegyo for the last word ("joahyong" instead of "joahyo", and look at the cutie emojis lol. 

Gentleman Jongkook doesn't leave her hanging (in case of haters sneering at her?) and replies to her comment (I think I read he said that the weather was too good not to take a photo, ending with a laughter symbol). He also listed Somin's name first out of the 3 in the hashtags - is she first on his mind these days? hehehe

This photo was taken while filming for the upcoming ep 452. I would be very interested to see later if they were grouped together for a mission and separated from the rest or if this pic was taken while they were just hanging out amongst themselves. Could we even possibly spot the location in the ep? This will be fun to spot! 

14 May: Somin posts adorable pictures of her posing with flowers.. taken by Jongkook!

d39qk0U.jpg

Here, her caption says that "Oppa has a talent for taking photos. feat. Jongkook Oppa". Somin actively crediting Jongkook as her photographer and praising his skills (love is blind - honestly anyone can take the same kind of pics with Somin as the model hehehe). 

I find this very interesting - what was the need to bring Jongkook into the frame, when she could have just posted the pics as she did her other posts on RM filming days without crediting the photographer? Is this part of their SNS escalation? 

Again, gentleman Oppa doesn't leave her hanging out to dry for the haters - he likes the pic, as in to acknowledge that this post is Jongkook-approved.

This should be the filming for ep453. Again, it will be fun to see if we can spot the location in the ep and see what the context was! Were they paired/grouped together or were they all together and Somin chose to rope in Jongkook as her photographer?

Kookmin has been on a roll on SNS these days!  

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

Maybe there are hidden messages behind the comments, that us fans are ought to not know or find out. Good examples are like the "I like..." comment by Jong Kook Oppa and Somin unii's comment on "Oppa the weather was very good." This comments to me are rather very particular and somewhat I thought maybe there is a language we don't understand that is meant for the other. Lol this is my shipper heart skipping... 

One other thing I wanted to take note is the moment when YJS asked KJK why he was teaching somin and whether she was his girlfriend, with my little understanding of Korean I heard "even though it is not like that, which in korean is said "bilog geuleohjineun anhjiman" (I heard something similar from what jong kook said.) I mean in what I heard I thought he was not denying any relationship but rather in a way he responded that he was not teaching her just because they shared a relationship. I deduced to this because the subject matter was about teaching Somin how to flog and I thought Jong kook was responding to that question in relation to the later question which was if she was his gf. So he was not teaching her just because of their relationship, which neither confirms nor denies the latter question by JS. 

For example, when you ask a couple whether they are favoring their other half because of their relationship and they respond by saying it is not like that, that is my two cent korean interpretation of that scene that I got stuck in for the past few days.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

11 hours ago, minahnoona said:

Now I want to add that Jongkook isn't just trolling but being actively flirty here! If he just wanted to say "I like skipping", the normal way would be "keonneoddwigi joahyo" (in Korean it's reverse from English). Instead, here he says "joahyo..." first, which is a typical confession line in a Korean drama and can be read as "I like (you)" before he adds the "keonnoddwigi" (skipping) after the period pause. I know my heart certainly skipped after I saw the first word LOL. I can see why Hwanjine PD replied so excitedly the way he did! 

Love your discussion. I am a bit busy, but can't help join in the fun. this reminded me of the episode with the first ever role-playing kjk had with jsm where kjk mentioned how he would reply to a crush if she asks him whether he is sleeping. i don't know whether something has been lost in the english translation, but "everything except thinking about you" gave me similar vibes. If his GF wanted to hear "I am thinking of you",  he is being a tease and foiling those expectations  by saying "everything except thinking of you". Isn't he doing the same here acting like he is about to say "i like...you" (i noticed the suspenseful ellipsis after the i like) and then saying "I like...skipping".  He may be punning on the word skipping she used to mean spring is too short, but what is the need for that "I like"? or else what jsm wrote means something more than what we are seeing to which he is responding. hwan jin pd definitely realized he is flirting with jsm, hence he asked them to hold hands and skip.

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

On 14/5/2019 at 6:13, VinTae said:

¡Hola! La primera vez, únete y comenta aquí  :RE (también mi inglés no es bueno, corrígeme si tuve errores gramaticales  :balas de sudoración: )

Me encantó cuando vi que Jongkook tenía loveline con todas las mujeres que vinieron a trabajar, porque realmente quiero verlo para casarse jajaja

Toda la belleza que él tenía, con el dominio que me sentí cómodo de ver, es natural y no forzado. 

En realidad, quería enviarlos mucho antes de que existiera el cargador kookmin, pero debido a spartace y kwangmin no pensé que el cargador kookmin fuera posible

Luego, vi el video de kookminclan en yt y de repente me sentí emocionado mientras gritaba ¡  Lo sabía!  Y aquí todavía los envío.:RE

Lo de ellos se ve natural, no forzado, es como sutil, kim se acerca a JSM no al contrario, con la línea de amor de JH me parece que es ella la que lo toca o busca, por eso no me gusta esa línea. El se ve mas feliz 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Laijan said:

Lo de ellos se ve natural, no forzado, es como sutil, kim se acerca a JSM no al contrario, con la línea de amor de JH me parece que es ella la que lo toca o busca, por eso no me gusta esa línea. El se ve mas feliz 

Se puede hablar aquí en español? aquí un fan de esta pareja :)

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, MandelBrot said:

¿Se puede hablar aquí en español? aquí un fan de esta pareja:)

Supongo, yo uso traductor automático para la página, porqué los otros no?yo hasta hace poco empecé a seguirlos me gustaba mucho con kwang... pero ahora veo que Kim está muy cerca de ella. Pienso que la línea de amor con JH se detuvo tácitamente, él siempre lo negaba eforicamente, ahora lo veo muy tranquilo y además se ve más activo en el programa, con más ánimo! 

• Like 1

Hi everyone.  Hmmm couldn't resist keeping quiet about this recent suspicion of mine.  Could it be kookmin are going through jsm's personal bucket list (such as having a dating race in RM, being MC for a music event) before the big official announcement, which is then followed by jsm's retirement from the entertainment world.  Hmmm l would do this to protect the woman l love and together start concentrating on building a family.  What do you think?  :blink::blink::blink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Benji D said:

Hi everyone.  Hmmm couldn't resist keeping quiet about this recent suspicion of mine.  Could it be kookmin are going through jsm's personal bucket list (such as having a dating race in RM, being MC for a music event) before the big official announcement, which is then followed by jsm's retirement from the entertainment world.  Hmmm l would do this to protect the woman l love and together start concentrating on building a family.  What do you think?  :blink::blink::blink:

I feel like Somin is really enjoying the work she's getting tho, so I don't see her retiring from entertainment. Taking a short break to start a family maybe, but you see a lot of actresses coming back soon after giving birth. She's a born entertainer so I think she'd miss the work - both variety and acting. 

Has she ever said anything about retiring after marriage? I may not have seen all her interviews, so if she has said something like that, do link us up! 

• Like 3