[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

@Itsbrutalouthere i notice that. But rather than JK ignoring her, it is more on Somin sticking on every oppas except him. She said in JSJ's YT video that she has her guideline on to whom she interact during each episode to create varieties.

Which is very interesting. You can see every episode who is this other member was, but that member never JK. She never intentionally emphasis her chemistry with JK. Or if she ever did, YJS was so fast to separate them.

Note: For me, it is not really weird they didn't interact much in latest episode as they (i assume) spent time together after the SBS award party. The party was on late Saturday night, they filmed the episode on Monday. YJS and JSJ left early so JK had to stay back. JK said he should filmed Somin and SJH drinking, meaning he was on the same table as them. For Tiny's IG, he sat with SJH. So, I assume JK and Somin sat together.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 6

18 hours ago, Itsbrutalouthere said:

I don’t know what happened but KJK and JSM didn’t interact much in recent episodes :criesariver:

And when they talked to each other it will be either without looking at each other or just reacting to one another silently.

I think that was deliberate. I noticed the other female member rushed to come to join them when they were interacting whilst cooking. I've noticed she hovers often in other episodes too when JK and Somin are interacting. I think this is deliberate (as in direction from pd).  Another episode I remember her obviously rushing into the frame when JK and Somin were interacting was during the Squid Game episode when JK walked up to Somin and started dancing in a teasing way. But interestingly in this episode when they were bowing for the new year a space was left for Somin next to JK.

I noticed in the previous episode that when the pd did the New Jeans dance JK and Somin did the same dance movement at the same time and he was facing Somin at the time. I think JK did this unconsciously because he didn't do it the second time a few seconds later. Did JS who he was facing give him a warning with his eyes or did he himself realise that his actions suggest a closeness to Somin that's not supposed to exist? Also the caption said two members who have seen the pd dance (JK and Somin). Somebody on YouTube noticed this comment and ask why only they had seen it. A person quickly replied that they must have met up with staff after the SBS awards and seen it then. However, this didn't explain why the other members (not Haha who was absent from the award show) hadn't also seen it. It suggests Somin and JK were together without the other members present. 

I've just seen Somin's Instagram posts. She's posted pictures with JH and Haha. Another with Sechan and her alone calling him her friend and motivation. I've noticed that Somin never posts pictures with JK. She only appears in group pictures with him. Why is this? He's the only member she acts like she is not that close to. JK recently has been mentioning Somin a lot outside of RM. Her behaviour with him is unusual for her. She'll post a photo with Park Sunghoon (a single, handsome friend and colleague) but not with JK. Maybe she'll post something soon and prove me wrong but personally I don't think she will. I'm still watching Kookmin with interest. They are an intriguing couple. I see them as the hidden couple on RM. 

Edit: Another  obviously deliberate action to misdirect viewers is dressing JK and JH alike. 

When JK took Somin's photo in the Christmas episode he made a token protest like he was annoyed (thankfully he's not a good actor) but immediately started snapping pictures of Somin. I was looking at JS's face when Somin quickly made the excuse that JK takes nice photos so that's why she asked him to take pictures. Sechan was already standing there with his camera and made no comment. Thankfully Somin is quick witted and I think  because she covered that moment  it was possible for it to be aired. Remember JK said he often takes pictures of his gf when in a relationship. These days it seems he's her personal photographer. Apparently the other members can't operate a camera as well as him (LOL). 

Edit: apologies I've edited my comments a few times. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

Just my observation and I will mention about “that member” and “that forced couple”.

Something happened after the SBS awards party. 

I dont think SM ignored JK. She left the space besides him to SJH - who kept tailing KJK in last 2 episodes for screentime (maybe) and feeding her own delusional fans. 

While they listen to a song about a man/woman left their lover though they’re still in love, SM shouted out twice “Why you leave when you love her?!”. And KJK’s reaction was kinda weird, like… he was nervously thinking. Since when I know about SM, she never said anything randomly, all have meanings. 

In the newest episode, when SM making the soup, KJK was observing her! He short glanced at her so many time with soft and worried emotion, then decided to let her do anything she want.

When SJH tightly hug KJK in the game, his eyes never leave JSM (worry, sorry, guilty, asking in silence why she did not come to make a group with him, etc). His behavior just tell me that he want to find the right time to come and talk with SM. He worried about something that we dont know. 

And JSM was trying to ACT normal around KJK. Something definitely happened!

Additional, I feel so irritated seeing SJH copied KJK movements and tried to make them look like a husband and wife. Maybe that how other members have no interest to interact and make scenes with her. Chemistry is what happen naturally, not force urgggg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Feeding delusional fans is definitely a possibility. 

Remember the dance the episode before and when JS and JK followed after Somin and her group? They couldn't have had a disagreement after the awards ceremony. I don't think there was a disagreement between JK and Somin but everyone sees things differently I suppose. 

I also noticed JK's eyes on Somin during that 'hug'. On the bright side, he wasn't trying to create a husband wife vibe at least. I noticed that he was at one point sat far away from Somin when she was lying down but later when Sechan arrived we saw him just next to her. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

I feel like they might be in the dating stage. But, otherwise, I'm happy to know that they are close offcam. It's hard to guess if the two of them have a relationship because we know that KJK is secretive about his personal life, especially when it comes to his girlfriends.

It’s still weird to me when they don’t interact on cam even though it could be directed/deliberate. Lol. Maybe because these two are too obvious. JSM plays around with the other male members even guests except KJK and I feel the tension even through the screen.

The other thing I noticed was when JSM was playing “basketball” in the snow with others distracting her, KJK gathered snow in the shovel but most of the time, he didn’t really pour it on Somin — which seems intentional lol. The rest were throwing snow on her face/head but KJK wasn’t making an effort to do the same in which my delulu mind said that he did that so she can get more points. 

Also when HH was teasing Somin about her face/appearance, she went and tell on KJK. She always does this which is very telling.  They kept on teasing her with SC which for me added up to the tension. KJK was the only one with safe responses and never teased them. LOL. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

8 minutes ago, Chasing Felicity said:

It’s still weird to me when they don’t interact on cam even though it could be directed/deliberate. Lol. Maybe because these two are too obvious. JSM plays around with the other male members even guests except KJK and I feel the tension even through the screen.

The other thing I noticed was when JSM was playing “basketball” in the snow with others distracting her, KJK gathered snow in the shovel but most of the time, he didn’t really pour it on Somin — which seems intentional lol. The rest were throwing snow on her face/head but KJK wasn’t making an effort to do the same in which my delulu mind said that he did that so she can get more points. 

Also when HH was teasing Somin about her face/appearance, she went and tell on KJK. She always does this which is very telling.  They kept on teasing her with SC which for me added up to the tension. KJK was the only one with safe responses and never teased them. LOL. 

I 100% agree with your comments. I also noticed that he was pouring very little snow on Somin. 

And her behaviour/interaction with JK is so different to her behaviour with every other male cast member and guest.

I also noticed that when JS and JK went to find Somin and Co and found them together , he didn't interact much with Somin then. This is different to how he's behaved before with Somin. He knows he can break her easily with his interrogation but he didn't even try. I see JS as the chaperone on screen when JK and Somin are interacting. Remember the episode when JK wore the leopard print leggings for Somin and JS's watchful/guarded behaviour?

I also feel that when Haha and JSJ insult Somin they are actually teasing JK because they know he cannot outright defend her. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

Hi guys, I just dropped by to say that I have personally stopped watching running man religiously. Mainly because it's become too predictable and dare I say there is nothing new with their interactions/games.

I have had enough with tolerating the fake love lines because a show like running man actually has so much potential outside of that. It's not funny or enjoyable to see them playing into the LLs. Also it seems like a repetitive loop when it comes to kookmin. I wish they could just be themselves. The PD is trying hard to do something with the show but I don't think running man is for me anymore. I think I have out grown the show :( 

Will it be bad of me to say they should consider rearranging the cast members (respectfully) to bring something new and fresh otherwise I won't be tuning in like before. :( I still love kookmin and wish them the best but the developmental pace is too slow for me nowadays. Also JSM's variety capabilities is out of this world. She doesn't need a LL to shine either.

Just my opinion.

• Like 6

Whenever they push Chanmin, I remember JS's words from a couple of years ago - 'people will be supporting ChanMin and JK will suddenly announce his marriage to Somin'. This is what I'm hoping for too. Fingers crossed.

ChanMin doesn't bother me too much because those shippers are not dangerous like the other one. 

I agree with Lulu Lolly that the fake LLs is too much on RM. It becomes intolerable and affects the flow of the show. I have also stopped watching full episodes. I just watch clips nowadays. I miss Somin's natural interaction with JK on the show. We catch glimpses like when Somin fed JK some broth in this episode but generally they didn't interact much in the latest episode which just looked strange.

I checked her Instagram a few minutes ago. As I predicted, Somin did not post a picture with JK. 

Edit: However Somin has posted a picture with Sechan and the comment and photo could be seen as romantic and apparently in the next episode with Ive Somin declares to the girls that Sechan is hers. I read  on Reddit that HaHa mentioned on his Twitch that he wanted Somin to join him in Live on Twitch but found out Somin was having a dinner with Sechan and RM staff. Looks to me like Chanmin is going to be pushed this year. I wonder the reason for this. As someone pointed out Somin does not need an LL to perform on RM. However, JK was obviously avoiding the other member in this episode so maybe forcing Somin into an LL will appease the other shippers. I've already seen them on Somin's Instagram cheering on Chanmin (eye roll emoji) 

• Like 4

To me, Chanmin LL doesn't really bother me that much because at times, they can be really funny. The teasing of Chanmin nowadays also bearable because  we already saw the phase where YJS and Haha forced the LL down to our throat so much that Somin and YSC couldn't even innocently talking without either two tried to create LL atmosphere (late 2019). Whether they are going to force this LL in the future, we just wait for it to happen first before worrying about that. Nothing weird about the members having lunch with staff as one time before, Somin also had lunch with Bopil and JSJ. As for JK's force LL... I think I don't have to comment more about this. 

But out of this LLs, I think you should see how these LLs affecting to JK and Somin themselves as they are the important one to our ship. Other people don't.

Spoiler

Chanmin 

1. Somin can play along with it but when people start to get too immerse in it, she will declared that they are just friend and they are doing it for show.

2. JK seldomly tease them. After 2020, he never explicitly (cmiiw) called YSC as Somin's bf. He never encourage Somin to seriously consider YSC. But he did this around late 2019 (e.g MUD episode where JK, Haha and YSC called Somin). Even so he encouraged Chanmin then, he also inserted himself as a third wheel and became a possessive person to his doll (YSC). 

3. Now, if YJS tease Chanmin, he just kept quiet. But when Somin complimented YSC, he also joined her. It is as if two adults (Kookmin) complimenting a very well behave child (YSC) and they adore this child so much. You can see this in Kookmin MBTI video. Both talked about YSC as he is a (their) child. 

4. When the teasing got too far, YSC became restless and subtly observed JK's reaction. 

JK's force LLs

1. His reaction to these LLs is a benchmark on how you evaluate his real self.

2. He always always always opposed when being tease in these LLs, whether it was in RM or other shows or occasions. He denied, he said NO, STOP IT, THEY ARE JUST FRIEND, started to shout and got physical when the teasing persisted. He always shows his opposition in all these LLs. He always consistent.

3. So, when he is okay being tease to Somin, you know something is happening.

4. He laughed when YJS asked if he likes Somin (479). Kookmin just laughed when YJS said Kookmin suddenly announce their marriage (483). Both laughed when YJS told them to start dating (486). In other words, JK is so okay being tease with Somin. He seems doesn't mind people link them together as he didn't try to stop the teasing. Somin is special to him and she is at different level compare to other ladies. 

5. JK just laughed when YJS teased Somin with him in ep 610. In fact, he laughed so loud when YJS said Somin thought of getting married to him. A stark comparison when he was teased in LL in ep 609.

6. When is is consistent in opposing being tease in LLs, you know that is his real self, not a persona for variety show. However, when he react so abnormal, so not himself with Somin, you know she is special, a  'potential life partner' special.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, kyoko22 said:

To me, Chanmin LL doesn't really bother me that much because at times, they can be really funny. The teasing of Chanmin nowadays also bearable because  we already saw the phase where YJS and Haha forced the LL down to our throat so much that Somin and YSC couldn't even innocently talking without either two tried to create LL atmosphere (late 2019). Whether they are going to force this LL in the future, we just wait for it to happen first before worrying about that. Nothing weird about the members having lunch with staff as one time before, Somin also had lunch with Bopil and JSJ. As for JK's force LL... I think I don't have to comment more about this. 

But out of this LLs, I think you should see how these LLs affecting to JK and Somin themselves as they are the important one to our ship. Other people don't.

Hide contents

Chanmin 

1. Somin can play along with it but when people start to get too immerse in it, she will declared that they are just friend and they are doing it for show.

2. JK seldomly tease them. After 2020, he never explicitly (cmiiw) called YSC as Somin's bf. He never encourage Somin to seriously consider YSC. But he did this around late 2019 (e.g MUD episode where JK, Haha and YSC called Somin). Even so he encouraged Chanmin then, he also inserted himself as a third wheel and became a possessive person to his doll (YSC). 

3. Now, if YJS tease Chanmin, he just kept quiet. But when Somin complimented YSC, he also joined her. It is as if two adults (Kookmin) complimenting a very well behave child (YSC) and they adore this child so much. You can see this in Kookmin MBTI video. Both talked about YSC as he is a (their) child. 

4. When the teasing got too far, YSC became restless and subtly observed JK's reaction. 

JK's force LLs

1. His reaction to these LLs is a benchmark on how you evaluate his real self.

2. He always always always opposed when being tease in these LLs, whether it was in RM or other shows or occasions. He denied, he said NO, STOP IT, THEY ARE JUST FRIEND, started to shout and got physical when the teasing persisted. He always shows his opposition in all these LLs. He always consistent.

3. So, when he is okay being tease to Somin, you know something is happening.

4. He laughed when YJS asked if he likes Somin (479). Kookmin just laughed when YJS said Kookmin suddenly announce their marriage (483). Both laughed when YJS told them to start dating (486). In other words, JK is so okay being tease with Somin. He seems doesn't mind people link them together as he didn't try to stop the teasing. Somin is special to him and she is at different level compare to other ladies. 

5. JK just laughed when YJS teased Somin with him in ep 610. In fact, he laughed so loud when YJS said Somin thought of getting married to him. A stark comparison when he was teased in LL in ep 609.

6. When is is consistent in opposing being tease in LLs, you know that is his real self, not a persona for variety show. However, when he react so abnormal, so not himself with Somin, you know she is special, a  'potential life partner' special.

I wanted to say a lot of things but you just put all my thoughts together. Lol. I definitely share the same thoughts and not bothered by ChanMin LL. Somin was playing along with it in the last episode and like what I said, this just added more tension in our ship (in a giddy way for me lol). She also initiated some of the teasing by asking YJS when is SC coming which obviously being picked up on easily as a cue to tease them. Made me believe they all intentionally did that to get a reaction from JK but our man is just…silent. Lol. CM is funny though. Meanwhile, the other LL doesn’t have this vibe as we all agree.  

• Like 7

There is another KookMin  coincidence that came to my attention that I've been meaning to share. I posted about Somin mentioning exercise but didn't see the next sentence which mentioned pilates. Maybe somebody else did but I can't recall them posting it on this group . Remember when JK had a pilates teacher on his channel? A lot of  people were surprised as that this was different from his normal exercise videos (weight lifting and martial arts). A few days later Somin posted an Instagram story with what some thought looked like  pilates exercise clothes and captioned it with 'Is there any exercise you don't do? ' (Who was the 'you'? My delulu mind says JK) In her recent interview on December 13th 2022 Somin confirmed that she does pilates. This is a fact now and no longer a theory. Somin confirming that not only does she 'exercise' to stop overthinking but she also does PILATES:

'The celebrity ambassador for Merz Aesthetics’ Ultherapy talks about what she believes makes one beautiful—inside and out, what she does to look and feel youthful, and her best tips for beauty care

Some highlights:

On Confidence:

I believe that you lose confidence when you think too much. You need to take a big breath and 'exercise' . It is very important. When your thoughts get complicated, you need to 'exercise'. Also, have time to show some affection for yourself. Personally, I go for personal training or PILATES.'

I wonder who her personal trainer is. 

• Like 7

Jk is a certified nagger that's why I find it funny and cute that he did not join the other oppas in nagging at Somin when she was putting randomly the ingredients. It could be that he has great confidence in her style of cooking or Somin will not receive it well if he criticizes her. If it's the other oppas who will nag at her she might let it pass but if it's jk there might be a private reckoning that we don't know of lol. I have witnessed it a lot of times how she would react differently/negatively when jk will nag at her. In this episode, I think he was about to agree with JSJ and YJS that beef should go well with the dish she's cooking instead of pork but when he glanced at her he changed his mind. 
I think that one of the reasons why they deliberately avoid each other in Rm which I also agree if this is the case is that it would lessen their screen time when they interact. 

For the previous episode, what I noticed was during the ball game. Jk who belonged to the other team complimented and gave somin a boast when she was playing in contrast to what her team mates have initially have done. And I find it cute how he did not move when so min was piling up snow on his feet when it was his turn to play the game. It was as if he was humoring her by just letting her do her thing. And the way he said, "You brat." without meaning it was also cute. :fullofhearts:

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2

Everyone in this forum, please remain calm if now you noticed that both Kook-min did not interact with each other as they did in 2019-2021.

One of the reasons why both of them stay low under the radar is that they are probably already in the dating phase. Pay attention to the small details.

1. From my observations, the day Somin decided to part away from Kwang-soo (as a team) after Kwang-soo's dating announcement and confirmed that she and Sechan are only best friends in real life (both in the show and outside of the show), that's the day she taking Joong-kook seriously, not as a friend or as her seniors, but considering him as her future husband.

2. The reason why Joong-kook stops teasing her as he did in 2017, 2018, and 2019, is because, for Somin, anything he said is a bit personal to Somin. Remember when Joong-kook is the first RM member to make fun of her forehead when Somin shows up as a guest? Also, Joong-kook is the very strict one when Somin joined the RM family and the one that makes her cry, and after that, Joong-kook had to apologize to her the moment he knew International fans hate Somin.

3. Both of them start to take care of each other -- Somin is the one who takes care of him when Joong-kook hurt his back, cook for him during the pandemic, and even follows up with him when his in covid-quarantine. You still can see her taking of him during the show. The newest one is when Yoo Jae-suk calls Joong-kook to join them in having a coffee break, as Joong-kook was "busy" browsing Youtube. No one hand Joong-kook a coffee, except Somin. She's the one who takes the cup, even asking Joong-kook if he wants hot or cold coffee. Why Somin? Why do all members ignore Joong-kook? Not because they are rude to him, but because they knew Somin will take care of Joong-kook's needs. Like, that's your boyfriend, so take care of him.

4. Haha and Suk-jin tease and make fun of Somin's face, do you think that it would be a good idea if Joong-kook joined them too? Somin may accept Haha and Suk-jin's teasing as a joke, but will she accept Joong-kook's comments? One rule about dating - is never to call your girlfriend ugly.

5. Like I said, since 2019, one of the reasons why Joong-kook, Somin, and RM show can't make Kook-Min their official couple is because of bias. Other members can't play with each other the moment Kook-min reveal their dating status publicly. It is funny how Somin can play with other seniors but not with Joong-kook, as she extremely changes her behavior and reactions every time she pairs with Joong-kook. Somin can be clumsy or prank her seniors, including Ji-Hyo, but when she pairs with Joong-kook, she's more mature, acts sweet, and easily get mad and jealous (for no reason).

So, calm down if you see Kook-min show very less interaction on screen. The only thing I can agree with is RM needs to bring back Chul-min as RM PD. That guy has a lot of ideas and knows how to create a fun game. I also think that RM should bring in new members because I can see that all members run out their ideas.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, anthonio07012 said:

Everyone in this forum, please remain calm if now you noticed that both Kook-min did not interact with each other as they did in 2019-2021.

One of the reasons why both of them stay low under the radar is that they are probably already in the dating phase. Pay attention to the small details.

I kind of have to disagree with this. If you've watched Xman and other older shows where Jong Kook was in a relationship with Yoon Eun Hye. You can see that him dating someone means he'll spend a lot more time with them even when there's filming going on. He won't avoid the person he's dating even if it's just a show. Plus Somin posted a "couple" type picture with Se chan on her instagram which is really weird if Jong Kook and Somin are actually dating. https://www.instagram.com/p/CnMiFGRLPqO/?hl=en 

My point is, with how much somin is pushing the loveline between her and se chan, it'd be disrespectful to Jong Kook if Somin and Jong Kook are actually dating. 

• Like 2