[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Hello everyone this is my first post here in this thread. Have been lurking here from the past two weeks. I love reading all your analysis and byeontae posts keep 'em coming please:D:wub:

Not sure if this has been shared here before but KSH cameo is confirmed. Can't wait for the new episodes this week

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

comrades, i’m a bit skeptical again cos CLOY is a netflix drama.. any idea this will definitely end in 16 episodes or.. it might turn out to have a season 2 kind of thing? :phew:

I hope Netflix stays away from K-drama tbvh. Or at least leave its nature alone. One thing that I like from K-dramas is their definite ending. They decide that a drama will end episode 16 or 20. That's it. I dislike US TV series because of their seasons which make the actual plot and story go downhi after certain season...

No matter how much I love CLOY, I fervently wish it'll end in episode 16 and 20... U.U

• Like 10

I could not pick my fave scene @dftio

But I will divide fave scenes according to the theme. 

If I could choose my fave funniest scene, then it is Pouty Captain Ri. 

My fave romantic scene, Captain Ri puts SeRi head in his shoulder in front of the fire, with his jacket wore by her. 

My fave confession line, Because I like scene..

My fave heartbreaking scene, Hug me instead of handshake scene..

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

I hope Netflix stays away from K-drama tbvh. Or at least leave its nature alone. One thing that I like from K-dramas is their definite ending. They decide that a drama will end episode 16 or 20. That's it. I dislike US TV series because of their seasons which make the actual plot and story go downhi after certain season...

No matter how much I love CLOY, I fervently wish it'll end in episode 16 and 20... U.U

Yes. But observe how many K Dramas have incomplete or rushed endings or just ones that are unsatisfying IE. The romantic comedy drama that ends with the star crossed lovers shaking hands after 16 episodes of UST. 

My opinion is they all should be at least  20 or 24 episodes to tie up everything Because 16 episodes is simply not enough for 3 or 4 plot lines and character arcs. Esp when dramas are getting more complex than they were 10 years ago when pretty much Every Rom Com was basically poor plucky girl  and cold prickly chaebol  fall in love. 

Obviously  either more episodes or more seasons is the answer. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

comrades, i’m a bit skeptical again cos CLOY is a netflix drama.. any idea this will definitely end in 16 episodes or.. it might turn out to have a season 2 kind of thing? :phew:

romance drama is never made into season 2 in Korea. Season 2 kind of thing only started in 2017 but so far only crime thriller, investigation drama has season 2. Previously Kdrama is a one off thing and no seasons. I don't think CLOY will have a season 2. That is just not the writer style

• Like 6

1 hour ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

i am with you in this... That is also the same season I dislike AMerican dramas and stop watching them eventually. Too many seasons. Too many changes in actors/actresses. Too many unexpected death/ loss of characters when the actors decided not continuing new season. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

My fave scene is when Seri lost in the Market and Jung Hyuk found her. It's the first time Seri shown her fear emotionally and bring her childhood moment. And when JH found her There's not much dialogue on that scene but it make my heart feel warming.

SYJ delivered her acting very smooth and natural. No wonder on Taiwan Interview SYJ said that was her memorable moment cause during that shooting impressed her much.

• Like 13
  • Love 2

I'm curious about when JH asked his father to reference one person to go to Europe and the father said if something wrong happen with that person then JH will fully responsible of that.

I think the father didn't know that JH have plan to send SR home by go missing..

It's mean JH actually already sacrificing himself coz he know for sure he will receive some punishment.. maybe that's why he said that he isn't sure about the future :sweatingbullets: and he looked so blue n sad in the train when SR asked him what would happen .. and that's maybe why he accept the rush wedding date knowing that he might be in jail that day???

So sad..

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

40 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

That is just not the writer style

Speaking of which, Writer-nim has this thing of weaving a love story of two different creatures from two different worlds. Correct me if I'm wrong ...

Doo Min Joon (an alien) x Chon Song Yi (human) in MLFAS 

Heo Joon Jae (a conman) x Sim Cheong (a mermaid) in LOFTBS 

Now RJH x YSR... feom NK & SK Respectively. All of us know what they're from two completely separate world as far as political climate is concern.

I wonder if she (writer) will give us happy (or i'll make it satisfactory) ending for CLOY? The ending of those two dramas are somewhat "hanging" for me ... This concerns me a lot bec. I'm a sucker of happy ending....

All these postponement has got me into a lot of thinking, rather than enjoying the ride

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, thanie said:

Speaking of which, Writer-nim has this thing of weaving a love story of two different creatures from two different worlds. Correct me if I'm wrong ...

Doo Min Joon (an alien) x Chon Song Yi (human) in MLFAS 

Heo Joon Jae (a conman) x Sim Cheong (a mermaid) in LOFTBS 

Now RJH x YSR... feom NK & SK Respectively. All of us know what they're from two completely separate world as far as political climate is concern.

I wonder if she (writer) will give us happy (or i'll make it satisfactory) ending for CLOY? The ending of those two dramas are somewhat "hanging" for me ... This concerns me a lot bec. I'm a sucker of happy ending....

All these postponement has got me into a lot of thinking, rather than enjoying the ride

LOTBS is not hanging to me. We know Heo Joon Jae and Sim Cheong married and live by the sea. She even got pregnant at the end of the series. That is happy ending to me. For Do Min Joon, he somehow find a way back to the earth and can feel Cheon Song Yi. 

Relax This writer is not the type to crush our hearts by giving sad ending. That is Chocolate's writer forte. There is a reason why they choose Switzerland as backdrop. She has been studying abt NK and the script for 11 years. I believe she studied about Switzerland and it's neutral policy too. 

I know these two somehow will be together in the end despite they might face HUGE problems ahead. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Because these two weeks are being so long, I've rewatched some scenes of My love from the stars and Legend of the blue sea (MLFTS is one of my favourite dramas, I liked LOTBS but I didn't love it). And as some people here have said, there are a lot of similar things in the three dramas.

This makes me think how CLOY could end:

I think the main couple will have a lot of troubles and their relationship will be even more imposible. "The bad guy" aka Jo Chul Kang will finally receive what he deserves (people will discover what he did, jail...) by the penultimate episode but the main couple won't be able to be together...until the last episode. Then, they will find some way to be together.

In MLFTS,

Spoiler

the alien finds a way to return back to the Earth, although he can't be with her forever, they enjoy the time they can be together.

In LOTBS, 

Spoiler

he remembers the mermaid and they go to live to a house near (and she's pregnant).

I think their solution is quite obvious: Switzerland. He as a pianist and she with her businesses.

279db3bcdf88556188eed01d386cbe4429c5498c

Credit: thingskateknows

Edited by Jillia
Please credit the owner of the gifs!
  • Like 13
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 2