[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

7 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

What brain injury? Did I miss something? Are we talking about the MRI? Do you mind telling me which part of which episode please? I don't recall seeing any conversation of it. 

There is no confirmed brain injury and you didn't miss anything @ck1Oz.

YH's doctor was being secretive of whatever he was looking at on-screen + YH's MRI results were not out yet.

Yet YH's vision was getting all topsy-turvy in the preview for Episode 9 and he later ... stumbles? falls? slides? down the stairs.

Then the new stills released shows YH being carried on the Fellow's back with SY looking worried.

So it is just a hypothesis that YH has some issues in his brain that resulted in the above.

2 hours ago, Shinobu said:

Maybe the core reason is not acknowledging LSY as JS's romantic interest, and that she's not good enough which is disrespectful to them both.  As far as I'm concerned, LSY is the game changer and is more than perfect for the role.  I like Jisung's gazes but they work for me because on the receiving end, it's LSY.  Their presence alone may not pull me but them together drew me in like a moth to a flame.  I couldn't help my damn self.  I fell.

@Shinobu Both of them match well in this drama and I agree with you. I don't particularly look out for Ji Sung's dramas and I hadn't watched any of LSY's before. I don't feel either of them is lacking as the other character's partner.

@Heidi Seow  you're welcome :D

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there a need to do both ears but hey I'm not complaining. ;)

7 hours ago, fruitkatsu said:

@Shinobu Both of them match well in this drama and I agree with you. I don't particularly look out for Ji Sung's dramas and I hadn't watched any of LSY's before. I don't feel either of them is lacking as the other character's partner.

I was roaming around reading comments about the dramas as a desperate attempt to lessen my addiction and I saw some comments like that but luckily, they're in the minority.

I'm not a medical dramas fan because medical stuff goes right over my head.  If there's no romance to munch on, I ain't watch it.  It's not the same as detective or cop shows where at least you can follow the clues and guess who the culprit is.  As for Doctor John, I wouldn't be able to tell accuracy for the medical part among other things but that's not important, visual standard (as in eye candies) is high and the chemistry is off the chart.  That's all I ask in a drama really.

7 hours ago, fruitkatsu said:

Yet YH's vision was getting all topsy-turvy in the preview for Episode 9 and he later ... stumbles? falls? slides? down the stairs.

Then the new stills released shows YH being carried on the Fellow's back with SY looking worried.

So it is just a hypothesis that YH has some issues in his brain that resulted in the above.

Bingo... :D  Highly likely.  Well spotted Dr fruitkatsu.

23 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

Was there a need to do both ears but hey I'm not complaining. ;)

Yeah... she was thorough (doing both ears and averaging the 2 makes it more accurate)... there was no other reason... purely professional.  Or it could be that she was totally unnerved by how he was staring at her and forgot what the reading was so she had to do the other ear :lol:.  Happens to the best of us.

The negativity will always be there.  I recall in earlier episodes how the Nurses (real ones) were up in arms about how they were portrayed in the scenes.  The ratings are holding so that’s a good sign.  But this is drama... and KDrama at that, so you have to suspend your belief somewhat to let the drama play out... JiSung is doing a stellar job at rifling out medical terms... bar one... but never mind.  He’s done good so far. :)

48 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Yeah... she was thorough (doing both ears and averaging the 2 makes it more accurate)... there was no other reason... purely professional.  Or it could be that she was totally unnerved by how he was staring at her and forgot what the reading was so she had to do the other ear :lol:.  Happens to the best of us.

The negativity will always be there.  I recall in earlier episodes how the Nurses (real ones) were up in arms about how they were portrayed in the scenes.  The ratings are holding so that’s a good sign.  But this is drama... and KDrama at that, so you have to suspend your belief somewhat to let the drama play out... JiSung is doing a stellar job at rifling out medical terms... bar one... but never mind.  He’s done good so far. :)

Actually I think she should have done it twice just to double check.  His ogles, I mean his health is super important.  I was hoping she would be whole lot more thorough and took her sweet time checking everything on him so I could savor those ogles longer.  The flirting was too good and that was the sexiest part of the show. ;) 

THE NEW OST WILL BE OUT TODAY 

WITH TITLE  "pain or death "

why i feel so sad only from the tile what they mean pain or death :bawling:

201908161231028010_3.jpg 

it said something about how to live every day with pain or  to choice death okay i feel heartbroken from now no matter if it about SY father or CYH or the new cancer  patient that was coming to them :heartbreak:

anyway it will be out at 6 PM in Korean time 

Eagerly waiting for today's ep....but before the angst begins let me just appreciate Yohan a bit.

Yohan is turning out to be such a great character :wub:. He may be genius level in his own right but we get to see how much he values team work. For all the cases till now, he has brought the team together and solved them alongside the team. That's one of the traits of a good teacher and leader, when they can get everyone involved for a common goal. 

Also another great thing about Yohan is that he actively encourages and appreciates his students whenever they do a good job- like when he praised Shiyoung in the elevator (the hair ruffling was his affection as a bonus :wub:) and also Mirae after the Nipah virus incident (he didn't hold it against her for the previous rudeness B)). I love that he is so fair in his capacity as a doctor and teacher towards those he works with. 

I will also say that Yohan is very empathetic, more so because of his own condition, regardless of how he has convinced himself that he can't understand his patients' pain or suffering. Essentially he is a giver and I would guess that that is his motivation and purpose in life. People without a condition like his may think about how to advance in their careers, find love, build a family etc. but Yohan is pragmatic enough to know that all these are a no- go for him. So how does he live a life that is meaningful? he devotes himself to his patients, utilizing his skills to the utmost. And that is admirable. To not give in to hopelessness but make the most of his precarious life. You can see that in his enthusiasm when entering the pain center for the first time, then eating in the cafeteria with all other staff and lastly when he asked Shi young to keep his CIPA a secret, otherwise he wouldn't be able to practice as a doctor. 

So that's why instead of being predictable and saddling Yohan with something terminal (which would also be very cruel to Shi young as well), I hope writetnim and PDnim would take that 0.00001% chance and give us an ending where Yohan continues to do what he does best---treating patients, only this time with Shi young by his side. That would be a fitting ending to his character IMO. (I mean Yohan just has to hang in there for some more weeks until the last ep right :lol:)

New stills :heart:

201908161524200249160_20190816152442_01_

Cyh wake up in shock to find himself wearing patient cloth  in hospital and sy was beside him he was nervous but she was  trying to be calm 

I think she take him to another hospital not their  own 

Source

P.s. is her hair look shorter in this picture or I am mistaken  did the hair cut happen after the confession!! Okay it maybe my mistake from the angel of the photos 

Let me also gush a little about Kang Shi young. 

Lee Se young as Kang Shi young is such a fantastic portrayal, it makes me very happy.....more so because Ji sung deserves a female lead who can match his onscreen presence. Here is a girl who is academically brilliant, soft of heart and who had everything going for her. And then life throws her a curved ball. She is crushed and for a while lost in grief and guilt but what I like about her is that she is teachable and extremely sensible. Shi young may be going to pieces but she is never a burden to anyone on one hand, and on the other is not afraid to take help when someone is willing to give it to her. Often times one can become so negative after an incident such as hers, (and without familial support) that it is incredible to see how willing she was to change her perspective after the prison episode. 

No doubt Yohan had a tremendous impact on her. He essentially provided the healing that she required after her trauma with her dad's accident. Now, it would also have made sense for to blindly believe in Yohan given the impact he had on her, but Shi young amazed me with her good sense when she questioned his motives during the fighter case. That incident won over both me and Yohan (;) :wub:

So here is a budding doctor and woman who in time should make a level headed and great professional in her field. Ina addition she would be the kind of doctor we want on our case----one who is sincere, understanding and capable. 

5 hours ago, Tjhin Tanti said:

Its Friday guysss, 

Please be another memorable episode.

Im cliche but i need some jealousy moment :rolleyes:

Remember the university senior SY met in episode 1? Maybe he can reappear and help us watch YH's act of jealousy. 

Yes.  I like your thinking.  Besides more of worried Yo Han, I also like to see jealous Yo Han.  He needs to crack that nonchalant facade.

I'm looking forward to spoilers so whoever can watch please do post.  Appreciate much.  Thanks a bunch.

13 hours ago, nrllee said:

It was @moomooz who spotted it ;) I'm just elaborating for @ck1Oz.

6 hours ago, littleloony said:

Also another great thing about Yohan is that he actively encourages and appreciates his students whenever they do a good job- like when he praised Shiyoung in the elevator (the hair ruffling was his affection as a bonus :wub:) and also Mirae after the Nipah virus incident (he didn't hold it against her for the previous rudeness B)). I love that he is so fair in his capacity as a doctor and teacher towards those he works with. 

@littleloony I love this! He made Mirae feel like she is a part of the team :lol:

6 hours ago, Tjhin Tanti said:

Its Friday guysss, 

Please be another memorable episode.

Im cliche but i need some jealousy moment :rolleyes:

Remember the university senior SY met in episode 1? Maybe he can reappear and help us watch YH's act of jealousy. 

Please please we need some light-heartedness in this heavy drama. Not just during the scenes between Mirae and the other dude ( i keep forgetting his name) :P 

3 hours ago, Tjhin Tanti said:

Im LOL-ing at minutes 3:00, I bet that would pretty much describe how their future relationship would look like :mrgreen:

@Tjhin Tanti  Instead of saying "take off your gown", she'll be saying, "take off your clothes" ;)

Did anyone hear what the lawyer said to YH in his phone call?? I missed it because the damned on-air player went off and i had to refresh.

And to think YH went all the way to the place where SY stays but he didn't go into her house omg ><

---

Funny part: when SY arrived at the lift and saw the Fellow. Then the fellow called out a greeting to YH. But SY thought he is teasing her again and started getting mad. But YH is right behind her.

Then I missed what happened ><

And after YH got out of the lift (and only SY was left in the lift), he told her "thank you" to her confession. That "I'm thankful for those words". 

Then he walked for a bit, stopped, looked at SY's back in the lift. 

Suddenly his vision got topsy-turvy and he gripped onto the banister. 

He saw the lift carrying SY upstairs.

18 minutes ago, moomooz said:

Is there a live streaming that we could watch now ? Anxious about the confession 

I watch it through the on-air player on the SBS website. The 3rd button from the right side of the menu bar.

It looks like this: 온에어

Or you can download the SBS on-air streaming player from your phone app store, create an account and watch from there.

18 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Dr Lee??  That’s the name I know him as :lol:.  

Yes I think that's the guy!! ahahah

Archived