[Drama 2019] Flower Crew: Joseon Matchmaking Maneuver Agency, 꽃파당 : 조선혼담공작소

0ly40

I know that the king loves 'Lady Yun' unconditionally even when she had nothing, but she never felt the same. To her being with Soo is not because of love, more like he is a family member. Soo should have known her heart when he proposed the first time, her priority was to  find her lost brother. Now that she has found him, her wanting to be a noble lady still stand...that is to save her brother and not because of Soo. 

No matter with whom she will end up with, her life will never be peaceful. At the moment she is known as Lady Yun Soo Yeon, daughter of Yun Dong Seok. This man is quite influential in the political scene although he chose not to continue (but who knows he might get back into politics). If she chose the king, she was not raised or groom to be a queen (if they use her newly noble title) and as I've said it before, Lady Yun in a free spirited person. Palace life is too rigid and quite suffocating for a person like her. Love from the king is not enough since he is not that powerful to set rules and he can't be powerful overnight to protect her. 

If she end up with Ma Hoon, his dad would never sit still. Plus we know the king is beginning to retaliate saying Hoon has crossed line for desiring his fiancee. At this point I find that Soo is obsessed of having Lady Yun by his side without being up front who he really is. Love can't be forced and especially not to Lady Yun. 

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, philosophie said:

Does anyone remember how much debt he left her because the wedding was unpaid?! Fine don’t even contact her. The times he interacted with Hoon after...he couldn’t be considerate enough to make sure all expenses are taken care of? Not like he can’t afford it now that he’s the richest of all. 

He already paid and double, but after he heard the people talk about "pitiful" Gae Ttong. Before that he didn't even think in what situation he left Gae Ttong, if not for Hoon the girl would be an outcast and very soon a dead body. 

@Jillia, thanks for pointing out that this is a fusion sageuk because I didn’t know what it was with the clearly modern elements yet historical setting. :lol: Now I feel that I don’t have to think of some things as impossible because I can’t imagine GD carelessly faking nobility when that was most likely a serious crime for a “slave” girl to do. And Hoon allowing it is even weirder had it been a pure sageuk. Nevertheless, in pure or fusion, I just can’t imagine GD with her status marrying a king.

I think a lot people are getting the wrong idea between Gaettongs feelings for Soo. Just cause she agreed to marry doesn't mean that she was in love with him. She was just comfortable and she didn't have anyone except him. After spending time with MaHoon...she started realizing what it was like to be in love. Even though Ma Hoon was mean to her, she appreciated the little things he did for her. Something others have never done. Also for Ma Hoon...he knew it was wrong to like Gaettong.  thats why he held himself back so much. He understands that he can't have her but he knows it'll be hard to let her go. He knows his place and thats why he doesnt do anything out of line...like kiss her...or hug her. 

Anyways...I'm excited to find out next week if he tells her how he feels since he knows how she feels now. Also, sorry for the long post...I was getting tired of reading people blaming the two of them for their feelings. 

This drama is definitely Fusion, looking at the costumes and props, like Flintstones...…"modernised period drama". I felt very light hearted when I watched this but at some pt, it makes me very sad. I think we should watch the show with an open mind.

The good fren of the female lead just passed away due to depression, I feel very sad. I think its not fair to the actors to be blamed for the story plot. They are just acting out and doing their job.

KMJ is a very funny and active person in real life, totally different fr his role. He did really well for his role I would say, he is a young ctor, 22 yrs old. So is GSY, being hyperactive in her role is also very different fr her character.

This drama is trying to show that although the situation is very different in the ancient time, you cannot control your feelings like how it should when you met someone who made your hearts flutter. GT was never in love with Soo, its more of a big bro to her more than love. He is like the void missing in her life when her bro was lost n he happens to be there like her family and getting married to him is like a natural process. 1 thing she prolly did wrong for forgetting about her agreement to marrying Soo again, she was so into getting her bro out of the terrible mistress's warth that she overlooked the fact that she is engaged. 

OMG I must say MH n GT glances were so.....tink everyone can tell they have eyes only for each other. Love the bridge scene, made everyone look good looking.  Poor Joon, I hope he n the mean girl can have happy ending.

I don't like GT in drama. I don't know why but I really don't ship her with anyone.

From the beginning I don't understand why MH started to like her .

I have prefer the love line MH and JH but JH and DJ also good . 

Character development in drama is not written well. Kim min jae and Seo Ji Hoon both talented actor's but writer doesn't do justice to them.

It would have been better if GT character played by some other actor. 

It is easier to blame a person when something didn't go your way and in this situation fingers are pointed at GD mostly. To me it is really unfair. If you are in her shoes, your so called husband to be suddenly disappeared on your wedding day. No trace of him or even a note to say something happened to him. Yes he was given a chance but was stopped by his 'father'. WHY? Coz they only care he is the king, what about GD? Coz she is just a nobody? And when he showed up the 2nd time he was confident she would accept him back as if nothing has changed between them... then he was gone again. Hellooo!! You expect her to feel that he is a reliable person? 

About the debt, the 'father' paid their neighbor for what they owed but not to Flower Crew. Ma Hoon agreed to receive the payment after the wedding is over but that didn't happen. So they still owe the agency the fees which GD agreed to pay back by working there. 

It is hard living in a society (in that period of time) where a person is born into a pre-set status or caste. No matter how you look at it, even changing her status from a low-born into nobility, she still has to survive on her own. It is not guaranteed her life would be better. If she is given a choice, I want her to choose happiness despite not having either man

6 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@Jillia, thanks for pointing out that this is a fusion sageuk because I didn’t know what it was with the clearly modern elements yet historical setting. :lol: Now I feel that I don’t have to think of some things as impossible because I can’t imagine GD carelessly faking nobility when that was most likely a serious crime for a “slave” girl to do. And Hoon allowing it is even weirder had it been a pure sageuk. Nevertheless, in pure or fusion, I just can’t imagine GD with her status marrying a king.

I mean even without the marriage agency it still would be a fusion sageuk because any sageuk with more fictional elements is a "fusion sageuk".

So yes, anything is possible. But some rules still apply - just like the rules for the king, the power struggle between the factions and so on. As some pointed out in history palace maids were able to become the King's wives. BUT if you look closer it didn't happen that often. I think the concubine Choi Suk Bin might be the only one who ever was able to rise from a low-born maid to a royal concubine and then there were maybe other less important occasions. I think after the disaster with the concubine Jang Hui Bin a rule was set that no concubine would be able to become a queen. And since Flower Crew is definitely set after that, it's highly unlikely that Gae Ttong would be able to marry Soo - no matter how romantic - and become his queen. And I'm pretty sure Soo would only want to marry Gae Ttong because he loves her and he wants her to be his queen.

1 hour ago, RPM said:

I don't like GT in drama. I don't know why but I really don't ship her with anyone.

Character development in drama is not written well. Kim min jae and Seo Ji Hoon both talented actor's but writer doesn't do justice to them.

Yeah I think the problems lies in the writing. Hence why I liked Gae Ttongs confession because she made a decision from her heart. But I totally get those who are not satisfied with her because she was talking about Soo all the time. Even though... in the past episodes it became clear she is there more for her brother and to become a noble lady in order to save him. 

I agree though that Gae Ttong should be more open about it towards Soo in order to avoid the conflict that is now coming in the next episodes. I hope Gae Ttong will have a chance to talk to Soo and stop him from doing something stupid.

But I also want Gae Ttong to be open to Hoon. I wonder all the time why she wouldn't just tell him she found her brother and that's the reason why she wants to become a noble lady because she wants to be reunited with her brother. I'm sure Hoon would understand.

8 minutes ago, abreez23 said:

It is easier to blame a person when something didn't go your way and in this situation fingers are pointed at GD mostly. To me it is really unfair. If you are in her shoes, your so called husband to be suddenly disappeared on your wedding day. No trace of him or even a note to say something happened to him. Yes he was given a chance but was stopped by his 'father'. WHY? Coz they only care he is the king, what about GD? Coz she is just a nobody? And when he showed up the 2nd time he was confident she would accept him back as if nothing has changed between them... then he was gone again. Hellooo!! You expect her to feel that he is a reliable person? 

About the debt, the 'father' paid their neighbor for what they owed but not to Flower Crew. Ma Hoon agreed to receive the payment after the wedding is over but that didn't happen. So they still owe the agency the fees which GD agreed to pay back by working there. 

It is hard living in a society (in that period of time) where a person is born into a pre-set status or caste. No matter how you look at it, even changing her status from a low-born into nobility, she still has to survive on her own. It is not guaranteed her life would be better. If she is given a choice, I want her to choose happiness despite not having either man

Preach it!

@Jillia agree with you, this whole mess happened when the characters are being secretive. GD was afraid to tell coz her original agreement with MH is to leave the place once she found her brother.. but she is also afraid with Lady Kang's threat wanting to reveal her true identity. MH has an obligation as a matchmaker plus he was using all sorts of reasons to make GD stay longer. 

@abreez23

I definitely understand where Gae Ttong is coming from. She is afraid to be left alone. When Hoon told her that she could go back where she belongs (meaning to Soo) she said "go where?". She is really afraid to lose another place she calls home and she is happy at. But I still think with her knowing how generous Hoon is that he would understand the issue with her brother being the slave of Lady Kang. BUT I also think with Lady Kang proposing to Hoon... there is still a chance Hoon may find out about it.

I think Hoon's rules are now more of a way to protect himself. We know he hasn't been following them himself for a long time now.

It was pretty sad that he choose the Bridge of Love in order to meet Gae Ttong and to have her recite poems there. He told Joon they have roles to play - just like Gyun Woo and Jik Nyeo in their love story. They couldn't be together and were only allowed to meet once each year on that bridge. In a way... Hoon thought of this meeting as a goodbye. It was his way of saying "I love this woman but in the end I will let her go".

13 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I think Soo’s father and foster father did him a huge disservice. He was totally unprepared for the life of a royal.

Oh I agree with you. The royal guard who raised Soo as his son could have at least prepared him for it right? Even if his main duty is to make sure Soo never becomes king. He could have at least sent him to school, taught him about politics, etc. But so far, I think he's doing well. I like that Soo has good sense when it comes to decision-making. He's a just king. It's just that he doesn't have full power or authority over the ministers. 

2 hours ago, abreez23 said:

I understand why some feel frustrated about Gae Dong, whether it's because of the actress or the actions of the character itself, but I also understand where she is coming from. I don't feel as annoyed with Gae Dong as I do with Ji Hwa being mean and abusive to her slaves. I sympathize with Gae Dong because just as you said, it's difficult living in a society where you're a slave and worse, if you can't do anything because you're a runaway slave. 

I don’t get why GD is so misunderstood. All she knew was Soo who was kind to her. She’s a novice and when he proposed to her, she agreed after first objecting because of her need to find her brother. Then Soo told her he wanted to share her burdens because that’s what couples do and she was obviously touched by that. Nothing about her actions or reactions toward Soo showed any romantic feelings in my estimation. In fact I saw it basically as though she was following the path that most women in those times took by marrying a good man and finding a good home. No doubt Soo obviously loved her and they’re close but GD, imo, was not in love and probably didn’t know what romantic love felt like until now.

Her falling for Hoon started with Soo’s abandonment on their wedding day. I know it’s not Soo’s fault but it nevertheless happened. After that occurrence, Hoon and GD experienced a lot together even in danger and Hoon, though blunt at times, not only provided a home for GD, he often encouraged her in an impactful way. In their development, I see why they would fall for each other.

On 10/16/2019 at 10:57 PM, philosophie said:

Seems I’m not the only one riled up by this drama :D so hats off to the writers for that feat at least. On the other hand, they didn’t do justice to any of the main characters because take the second counselors daughter (I forgot her name..the actress from perfume..) so far in front of the flower crew member she has shown this elegant and perfect very noble lady persona. But I doubt that st this point the flower crew member will care how she is a monster to her servant and have a feeling (more like fear) that he will betray his friend Hoon so that GT gets chosen for queen instead of the woman he loves. Also, are the writers really trying to pair up GTs brother and the maid? She’s totally abusive to him! I don’t care if it’s joseon Times because writers seem not to, conveniently for plot point someone that has grown up as a peasant and blacksmith himself has become royal king without so much as anyone batting an eye at that in the palace and now GT is getting away with posing as a noble lady. Also how everyone acts like kissing is not a big deal...Hoon and GT...and the other two couple I mentioned. Wasn’t Chastity important to them? I’m not saying this show aims to be perfectly historical adaption but for trying to depict joseon time and use their setting for the story sake whenever it’s for their convenience is frustrating because there’s just too many plot holes and things that don’t add up.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:18 AM, RPM said:

I agree with both of you. I've dropped it this week.  The actors are doing their best but the plot is too frustrating and the script is just so poor. 

I saw a review that summarised how I feel about this drama: "it's like the male leads (Kim Min Jae and Seo Ji Hoon) are in a completely different and better drama". 

I totally agree with this. Kim Min Jae and Seo Ji Hoon's individual characters and their acting performances are very good - easily the best in the drama.  Both deserved better than this especially Seo Ji Hoon as his role and limited screentime is pretty thankless but he is still acting the heck out of the character.

I feel the same as @RPM about Gae Ttong.  I don't really understand why either of these very eligible, good looking men are so in love with her.  They gave her relationship with Soo barely any development and there are too many unnatural, forced skinship scenes with Ma Hoon. 

Sometimes GT is smart and likeable but a lot of the time she is written as a loud caricature and Gong Seung Yeon (who I usually think is a good actress) just can't get the right handle on the character so she often comes across as foolish and annoying.  I also feel like maybe Gong Seung Yeon is trying too hard to play the character as young and naive (I assume she is supposed to be about 18-20 years compared to the actress 26 years) but it isn't very convincing and along with the sketchy writing GT just seems...dumb.

I have no interest in the secondary couple at all. Ji Hwa is just a horrible character.  Her father wishing she was a boy is absolutely no excuse for being so nasty, mean, vindictive and abusive. Joon seems to have fallen for her for no real reason besides the drama wanted another couple.  I would have preferred if Joon had fallen for one of the kind gisaengs instead or just stayed single.

@raziela totally how i feel about this drama. Gae Ttong is smart sometimes and sometimes very foolish. Gong Seung Yeon is trying so hard. She should just stay herself and she was so good in My Only love song. Even her getting back with her brother isnt very important or interesting to me now. So many supporting characters with each having some degree of stories are definitely ruining this drama. Seo Ji Hoon& Kim Min Jae are ready to act anything but story isnt moving forward.

Actually dramas i am watching are just circling around& not moving forward much. Getting little disappointed. Last decent dramas for me were 100 days my prince& My id is Gangnam beauty& Misty.

After reading the negative comments, I agree with some of them, but overall I still enjoyed the show and even the chemistry between GD and MH. In fact, compared to the other popular seguek drama also showing now, I thought the show put more thought into showing why they liked each other. MH admires GD’s optimism and tenacity and that she believes in love and the good of people ie. opposite from the cynical him. While GD admires MH’s strong beliefs on equality and sense of justice. 

I also like how she confessed, felt it is very true to character and in the mood of that moment. Sad about the king though, he does not deserved to hear of it this way. But objectively, it was obvious from the start that GD does not feel for him more than family and brother. So better not to drag on any further which will cause more hurt. 

@lollyminx... perhaps since there is already a pure descendent (ie, royal father and royal mother, hence the Crown Price) Soo was not supposed to know of his royal birth or else he could vie for the Crown and they dont want any confrontation  when he grows up. Who knows, but this is one assumption.

Maybe because this drama has aired for 10 episodes, i think this drama is more fun than Nakdo? Nakdo' plot seemed a bit slow while there seemed to be much happening in Flower Crew? Personal opinion...

Anyways, good to have different opinions in the thread though some members should be aware that this is not dramabeans when giving comments, haha... :D

Cant wait for the next episode.... what will Hoonie* do with Gae Dong's confession. Dont just enlarge your eyes only, okay, stop that... hahaha

(On the other note, the name gae dong, i was curious why the name is used as the only time i remember the name was in Fated To Love You when the lead characters were referring to their unborn baby... sigh... )

I mean Lee Soo's adoptive father wasn't supposed to teach him to become a king. He was supposed to protect and hide him from the power hungry political factions in the palace. As we saw with the assassination of the crown prince it's rather dangerous to be the son of the king. So, Lee Soo was supposed to live a normal life, not knowing who he is. Hence why they lived as mere commoners. Commoners don't go to school and study like a noble man would or the future king. It would've gone against what the goal is: to protect Lee Soo.

And it seemed to work out fine until the death of the crown prince and the kidnapping. Soooo... it makes no sense to blame Lee Soo for not knowing. But he is a goodhearted empathic man who seems to know by instinct what's right and what's wrong. I don't blame him for his faults. But to believe he can marry Gae Ttong like he was still a commoner... you don't need any education to know that's a illusion.

Aww I feel sad seeing "disappointed" comments though I have to agree on some points. The show is obviously lacking. It could be either the writing or the delivery of some of the actors like some have pointed out. It could have been better and have thought out more, yes. But I don't know, I still enjoy the whole show and I didn't think of dropping it compared to some of the ongoing shows I'm currently watching.

Maybe, it still lies with one's preference. And I'm easy to please. So yeah, maybe that's it. :lol:

And I can't wait how the last 6 episodes will turn out. I just hope all the characters will be happy and satisfied of what they'll be regardless who will end up to whom. And I hope the same for us viewers, or I might say to those who have not given up on the show yet. Hahaha. Give us a satisfying ending, show. We're rooting for you. :) Hwaiting!~~~

giphy.gif70645732_488385845224072_5896193892130644406_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=104&ig_cache_key=MjE1Njg4NDE5NDIyMDA2ODIwNQ==.2`

Caught up in a moment when I don't have to know.

For it's just about how I feel and the need to set it free while I still have the chance and the courage.

Me looking at you and you there looking back at me...

Some won't agree yet to me those last minutes watching GT within her own mind recall each moment one by one in how DH stirred her heart step by step.  Falling in love isn't something that is always planned it often happens when you least expect it.  Everyone who has ever been in love knows the rush of emotions that simply take over every part of you.  She is young and what she thought was or wasn't love once might instead have been something else or she has realized not the same as what it is she is feeling now.

I understand feeling sorry for LS as he didn't choose to be king but he also can't change who and what he is.  Neither do I doubt his sincere heart or feelings toward her either and like @Jillia said his only fault as sad as it is. Is in his illusion of what can and can't be.   Nor can GT help it that during the time they have been apart she has been protected, cared for and given warmth and a home by DH. 

Still my wonder is in how LS will handle what he has just seen and heard with his own eyes.  If he really loves her than he knows she couldn't be happy being one of many instead of a life of being the only one.  She has a personality of loving those around her and a free spirit in following her heart while fighting for what's right.  Does he love her enough to set her free instead of watching her be smothered.  Giving her a chance to decide on her own happiness and her own kind of life?

Archived