[Drama 2019] Flower Crew: Joseon Matchmaking Maneuver Agency, 꽃파당 : 조선혼담공작소

0ly40

19 hours ago, clandeast said:

I'm not sure if I remember it correctly, but GT kind of mentioned him as "Kang" a few times. It maybe, like her name, some kind of a nickname though. :lol:

Kang only! 

@USAFarmgirl you always write it romantically :) but its so full of questions that yes you wonder how? Thanks I didn’t realized that! 

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, clandeast said:

I'm not sure if I remember it correctly, but GT kind of mentioned him as "Kang" a few times. It maybe, like her name, some kind of a nickname though. :lol:

That’s what subs have it but when you listen to what she’s actually saying in Korean, she is saying “oraboni” which is brother?  It’s just translated as Kang for some reason.  

20 minutes ago, nrllee said:

That’s what subs have it but when you listen to what she’s actually saying in Korean, she is saying “oraboni” which is brother?  It’s just translated as Kang for some reason.  

Yes. It's always translated as Kang. Though, I also saw on AsianWiki  that the actor who played as GT's brother's character name is Kang. And maybe they won't sub it like that without any basis, so maybe that's really his name(?) Kekeke. I'm still not sure tho.

Anyways, I am short of sleep since I spoiled myself of the clips of last night's episodes. Waaaaaah. I'm so proud of Ma Hoon. :wub: He finally manned up. B) But I'm kind of afraid of tonight's ep, on how the things now will turn out. :tears:

25 minutes ago, clandeast said:

Yes. It's always translated as Kang. Though, I also saw on AsianWiki  that the actor who played as GT's brother's character name is Kang. And maybe they won't sub it like that without any basis, so maybe that's really his name(?) Kekeke. I'm still not sure tho.

Anyways, I am short of sleep since I spoiled myself of the clips of last night's episodes. Waaaaaah. I'm so proud of Ma Hoon. :wub: He finally manned up. B) But I'm kind of afraid of tonight's ep, on how the things now will turn out. :tears:

Yes yes tho I dun understand but I felt so happy watching the stills, so cute n sweet, flower petals falling down again

44 minutes ago, clandeast said:

Yes, finally Ma Hoon :wub:

But from the preview, I am afraid that we won’t have any lovey dovey scene after all on tonight’s episode. 

GD really really like Ma Hoon then. Haha

1 hour ago, skinnerbox said:

@nrllee His name is Pal Poon-ie. That's what the other servant girls calls him.

Pal Poon-ie means Dumbo or Idiot (in Korean).  It’s a generic term.  So he has no name in other words.  Just like Gae Dong which means Dog Poop.

I think whoever translated Gae Ttong's brother's "name" as Kang misunderstood his description. The brother is only described as the house slave of the Kang Household which is the family name of Ji Hwa and Kang Mong Goo. He like many slaves has no proper name, yet. :)

Stills for episode 11. :D

20191021_182455_8358.jpg

20191021_182500_4007.jpg

20191022_143301_1993.jpg

Spoiler

20191022_143305_8937.jpg

20191022_143324_7429.jpg

20191022_143330_1183.jpg

Credit: JTBC

I finished my epi 11 , 3 hrs back, made my heart pump so fast! I cant wait for 12 and wonder what is to come, tink MH will confess. He misunderstood GT's reason for wanting to be a noble and this epi made him realise the reason.

Watched raw last night. Continuing impressed with Seo Ji Hoon's acting and cant wait to see next project where he is a lead. He is showing a lot of emotional changes compared to other actors. One minute crying, sad, determined, afraid to lose Gae Ttong and smiling happily during son&father hangout. 

I really dont like Ji Hwa and her love lines with Joon. Joon is better off with beautiful gisaeng. 

6 minutes ago, Moroodliin said:

Kiss at the end wasnt really romantic for me.. i didnt say it becoz i ship Soo&Gae Ttong. just saying it a person who watched hundreds of dramas, it lacks unfortunately. Scene around was beautiful though.

He kissed her cos he "wanna stop her hiccups" like wat she said when trying to hide from the shorter matchmaker fren. I dunno y Joon lied abt him being "the person Ji hwa wanna meet".... seems like he is so in love with her.

On Viki I read some comments about this drama, which I hardly do nowadays but I couldn’t help feeling deja vu. I never watched the Fairy Mama and Woodcutter drama but I remember that when I contemplated watching it, the reviews gave me the impression that viewers liked it depending on the outcome of the ship. I got the same impression again with this drama based on the comments on Viki. It makes me chuckle but at least the shipping comments are honest.

In any case, it’s always a pleasure to me to watch Ma Hoon’s actor. 

2 hours ago, Moroodliin said:

I really dont like Ji Hwa and her love lines with Joon. Joon is better off with beautiful gisaeng. 

I have to agree with you. If there are scenes I won't mind skipping, it is theirs. Sorry not sorry. 

26 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

In any case, it’s always a pleasure to me to watch Ma Hoon’s actor. 

Yeah Kim Min Jae is :wub:

7 hours ago, clandeast said:

Yeah Kim Min Jae is :wub:

Ooof. Indeed he is...

I came back on this forum for this drama. I feel this drama but yet it feels dull? I'm not sure what's missing. The storyline is fine, the cast is fantastic but I feel like a piece of missing. The drama still makes me look forward to Mondays and Tuesdays but it feels like I'm missing a piece of something. Maybe it's the internal struggle that I have between shipping GT with MH or Soo? …Does anyone feel this?

I know I have missed 3 episodes. But I have been a bit confused with all this " Kang " comments. Did I miss something? It has always been the nickname and older brother used on him.

Has the VIU subs been different? Are they subbing Kang or is it viki? Or has it been that the subber subs the person's name instead of the Korean way of calling people as well? If the subs have been shown to sub the character's name for every character then the oraboenim won't be subbed as older brother right? I have vaguely noticed this trend- which I hate and is confusing- so my eyes are tuned out when this happens. I listen for the Korean instead. I mean I figured since some of you watch more dramas than me. And more sagueks- you would have picked up the title translations much less the name translations have been iffy or modernised. Since there is no Prime Minister- and there is always Prime Minister in the subs. And all the titles are modernised. I just ignored it as this is not that sort of political saguek dramas. I once had to research the whole Joseon political parties system. Plus all the blinking coloured robes they wore. It is amazing the absolute amount of surplus info when I was editing saguek drama subs for accuracy. The number of hours I spent recognising all the titles and which bureau wore which colours and what the ranks mean. So yeah I tuned out when I watch it with subs. VIU subs are always for speed and heck care about the actual accuracy or details.

Just my usual little spiel about inaccurate subbing. I am literally only going to watch it as I want to see how GT perform or change into a lady. So I am dreading seeing what happened to the court lady and have zero interest in the other female. Why would I ship her when she is essentially self centred and prideful. And is vindictive and cruel. Since those are her true colours. 

@xprosperity it's not like the usual saguek which is why I am still watching. The emotional intensity is missing in this drama. The King is not suffering SUFFERING. He haa minimal interactions with the female lead. I have zero 2nd lead shipping because of this. The female lead is not being tortured or experienced real sacrifices. She is not written as a female in those times? Her actions, motivations and expressions feel as if she is in a modern drama. I have not seen any evidence of their romance or his feelings bar the initial 2 episodes. There is not romance for us to feel for between those 2. We just have the King telling  us he loves her. Very, very much.  He hasn't shown us how he loves her though. Or why.

The older brother's suffering is not heartbreaking. The politics is not really intense. The other 2 males in the matchmaking agency are just fillers. So yeah this saguek feels like a romance drama. Light on the emotions. Going through the motions. I don't predict an intense finale and I don't know how I feel about this drama. It is not a drama I would recommend to a new Kdrama viewer who wants to watch a historical drama with romance. It gives the wrong impression of a saguek. But for a Kdrama veteran I would say this is a light watch. Maybe that's why you feel as if something is off. The 2 elder statemens political actions are just not intense enough. They are not fighting for power properly. The Queen Dowager is a joke considering how they are normally portrayed.

For me it feels like me going to the library and borrowing some teen fiction. Vs reading an actual adult fiction which makes me feel intensely for the characters. Still good writing, some flow and good enough to be published but the audience is aimed for the juvenile market so everything is light on the emotions and plot. However I am also used to reading the 1000 page novels which I read and really love the book. This is not it. 

Not really an insult. This is an analogy. I like the teen version of a saguek. The adult versions have always left me traumatised and full of sadness.

Archived