[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

larus

4 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I love Nagareboshi. 

As for my Top 5? Hmmm that's a tough one.

Top 5s are fun because it gives me some titles to add to my watch list.  :)  Nagareboshi was the first Japanese show that I watched "raw" because I absolutely could not wait one single moment for subtitles.  It still resonates with me:  love, trust, misunderstanding, protectiveness, and the importance of things not said.  Such a great drama.

For me the men of Search:WWW seem so whipped LoL.

Exactly!  The only one who manages to keep on being masculine in spite of this is Jin Woo.

I read a quote today where JKY said that, of the characters he has played, Morgan is most like himself.   And I thought, "oh no, I sincerely hope not!"

So yea loads of details were overlooked.

A lot.  The show had great characters and good potential but the writer dropped the ball.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Auntie Mame said:

The subjects of:

• manufactured and/or manipulation of data,
  • security and sanctity of personal information,
  • potential and real consequences of portal information,
  • industry regulating versus governmental regulating, etc.

It would have been interesting to read soompiers' understanding and perspective on these issues.

I did wonder if the issue on government demanding access to users’ data and their justifications for it was inspired by the fake news bill in Singapore... and the ensuing question of whether ultimately citizens truly care what goes on on the internet despite all. GK said it quite succinctly — nothing gets deleted from the internet. Regardless, we still participate actively on it, do we not? Look at us here...

43 minutes ago, jelly said:

I would love if they did a S2. There have been a few rare instances of a S2 for K-dramas. I love the world building, the characters, the dialogue, the tech web portal world, and etc. This show is so addictive but also the legacy it leaves on is going to be important. Hopefully we see more strong female characters and strong female bonds and friendships presented more often than just have it be a small plot line or two.

I wouldn’t mind a movie sequel but I don’t like the idea of S2. Everything seemed to wrapped up nicely with all the characters storyline already. I like how everything ended. S2 may be dragging the plot but that’s just my opinion. But I agreed with you about seeing more stronger female characters in dramas. 

A movie is ideal although it's always better to keep the Best as is so that it remains special in our hearts. With sequel, there's also a matter of whether they would all reprise their roles. WWW won't be WWW if the main casts aren't the same. 

If this were novels though, I wouldn't mind reading a spin off for the other two ladies - overall the books would be an extension to the story of WWW but with a change in the leading ladies. Say the second volume would focus on CH as the female lead then the third volume, GG takes the center stage detailing her freedom after divorce, and her relationship with JW. Through these two extended stories, we would still get side-stories of how Tami & Morgan and all other lovely characters are doing etc. 

18 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

@forwww Most likely won't buy it. Tempted as always but too pricey & takes forever to release (6 months I think). By that time I'd be over this drama. The fact that we're in such a high-tech world now, I kinda wish they sell it through web-download. I'd like the photo book to be in UHD digital more than printed because last time I bought a kdrama DVD set, the printings didn't come out very well. Their BTS & interviews weren't even HDs (just the drama itself is Blu-ray quality). It sure didn't worth USD$300.

That's true :( Though there's something about physical stuff, but having a digital copy has its perks too.

I think they need at least 1000 pre-orders for the blu-ray in order to get the dvd going. Fingers crossed... I'm just in it for the extra stuff HAHA

hello dears
if anyone please know the song that played on ep16 at 00:54:14 during the scene where Tammy drank up and imagined being with Morgan PLEASE tell me
I feel like it's THE BLECK SKIRTS SONG but can't tell which one

2 hours ago, aya94ib said:

hello dears
if anyone please know the song that played on ep16 at 00:54:14 during the scene where Tammy drank up and imagined being with Morgan PLEASE tell me
I feel like it's THE BLECK SKIRTS SONG but can't tell which one

It's Milky Way Between us :D

40 July 26, 2019

Search Query: WWW: Episode 12

by LollyPip

Search12-00272.jpg

I always thought that a good solid bromance was the best thing a drama could offer, until this show came along. The relationships between the women are so fascinating – one friendship has finally died, another is beginning, and a third is in the process of redefining itself based on the friends as they are and not as they used to be. I’m happy that our heroine has at least one good girlfriend to rely on, especially since other parts of her life are proving difficult to figure out.

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/search-query-www-episode-12/

Search Query: WWW: Episode 13

by LollyPip

Search13-00498.jpg

Change is always hard, and the most difficult changes are the ones we must make in ourselves as we grow and mature. Some will accept that change as necessary to get what they want, some will grieve over the loss the changes represent, and some will embrace that change as the freedom they’ve always longed for.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/search-query-www-episode-13/

Last weekend was weird. 

From dawn to dusk, I read the first half of Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. It a novel, set in dynastic China, about two girls who became sworn sisters

I stopped reading because I was at the point where it was the calm before the storm.

I chose to watch Search: WWW for some women power and representation in the contemporary world, and binge watched the first 12 episodes.

I needed to pause to go back into the "real world". 

Finish what I started, I told myself.

I finished reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan while tearing up and letting go of these two sisters.

The next day I decided to finish Search: WWW. Oh I teared up when the main couple was breaking up. 

I teared up when Ga Kyeong was finally finding her voice and taking action to be herself.

I cried when Scarlett consoled Ta Mi outside of the karaoke room. Scarlett is such a wonderful friend. 

In a span of the weekend, I was in two different worlds. What I have learned is to stay true to the self and be in the present. It's so easy to lose one self in the constraints of what the society built. But it is up to us to contribute and make the society a little bit better as we achieve one goal at a time. 

So blessed to read comments here appreciating this drama. Wish I came earlier, but let me know if any of you are rewatching (:

Search Query: WWW: Episode 14 RECAP

by LollyPip

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/search-query-www-episode-14/

COMMENTS

I finally figured out the one major reason why Hyun has been so adamant that she’s Ji-hwan’s fan and nothing else — when they met, one of the first things he said to her was that he had an old flip-phone because he likes things to be clearly one thing and not several things. No doubt she’s been trying to stay in her lane because of that, and not cross over into personal territory, because she thought he disliked it. What she didn’t realize was that while she was thinking he saw her as a fan and was desperately trying to only be a fan, Ji-hwan has only ever seen her as someone he loves. So by trying to be just a fan, Hyun was actually hurting and confusing him.

It’s so sweet that all Hyun had to do was say she likes him, and Ji-hwan was right there with her. I wish he had said something sooner, but he’s a man of action, not words, and he was telling Hyun with his every action that he loves her. Following her, buying her gifts, calling her when good things happened — those were his confession, and he confessed so many times. But Hyun just wasn’t getting the message, so I’m glad she finally broke and blurted out her feelings so that Ji-hwan could swoop in with his actions and confirm his own (and how awesome was that kiss?? I swooned so hard). Now we just have to watch them try to cram an entire relationship into one month, which I hope is more cute than painful.

And then there’s Ta-mi and Mo-gun, who talk and talk but who can’t seem to come to an agreement on whether their relationship is even supposed to exist. It’s frustrating to watch because they’re both right in their own ways. Ta-mi is right that love isn’t enough to sustain a relationship long-term, that you have to have the same goals and dreams, or at least have goals and dreams that don’t cancel each other out. And neither of them should have to give up what they want or compromise, if that’s not what they want.

Mo-gun said that he loves Ta-mi more than he wants to get married, but that doesn’t mean he’s stopped wanting marriage and a family, and Ta-mi can never give him that. But I also feel his frustration with Ta-mi’s inability to just enjoy the now and stop worrying about what might happen someday. One or both of them may feel differently in a few years, and it’s a sunk-cost fallacy for Ta-mi to think that they can’t love each other now just because they might break up later.

However, I think that hearing his mother explain why she gave him up matured Mo-gun a lot in just a few moments. He suddenly realized that Ta-mi cares for him enough to sacrifice her present happiness for his future, and that letting him go is her way of loving him. It’s always been her way of loving him, but as he said, he was willfully refusing to understand for fear of losing her. But now he knows that letting Ta-mi go and freeing her from guilt is also the best way to love her in return, which is heartbreaking, but I don’t think either of them is wrong. They may find a way around this, or they may not, but at least now they’ve found something they agree on, even if it’s that maybe it’s better that they aren’t together.

Interesting perspective on CH & JH as highlighted, and a subjective take on TM & PMG.

Search Query: WWW: Episode 15

by LollyPip

Search15-00543.jpg

With only one episode to go, I don’t see how our trio of heroines will be able to fix their personal and professional lives. Things just seem to be getting worse on the business front, while all three couples seem to have passed the point of no return. When tragedy strikes a loved one, one of our ladies has a choice to make that will effect their lives forever.

EPISODE 15 RECAP

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/08/search-query-www-episode-15/

Still catching up and...

WOW ep 11,
  SCARLETT you are one busy Queen in this episode.... Fanzoning yourself, Enemy-zoning your childhoodfriend & then bff zoning Tammy all in one swoop/episode!

Photo-Grid-1565214466319.jpg

Congratz Miss "Smart-in-love", I foresee you'll regret this stabbing yourself in the back very soon.. My poor Scarlett x JiHwan ship feeeeeeeels!!

Photo-Grid-1565214717740.jpg

She does indeed keep calling her cute AWWWW :wub:....My ship! My ship is SAILIIING!!!!! <3 <3

Also leave it to Scarlett to be able to differentiate between her different cute modes awwww she crushing so hard on Tammy or what!!? :wub:

Photo-Grid-1565214810911.jpg

SHE EVEN PROVIDES BELLBOY SERVICES  

THIS SHIP is so ON. ITS HAPPENING.!!

The purse carrying seals the deal ok!! :tounge_xd:

Scarlett defending the now-new-bff after she DUMPED her now ex-bff the-rude-richard-simmons for being so mean to her now-new-bff.  Happy ending for now in this friendship love triangle (from my POV as Scarlett/Tammy shipper anyway) YAY!!

...So indeed, when you have S, who needs the boring drone-zone please-just-drop-dead-or-go-away-from-my-screen zombie Morgan. #TEAMScarlett for Tammy all the way!! :heart: 

She even not only drags her away holding her hand like a romantic male lead LOL but even carries her purse for her....so thoughtful this girl!  :bawling::love:
MY.SHIP.IS.SAILING!!!!

....Still I care about the MAIN pairing as much as the fish in their (metaphorical) fishtanks (that they kept talking about) would care about being out from the water unable breathe in the air....:sweatingbullets:

So with these thoughts, 

I need a new SPINOFF drama with Scarlett x Ji Hwan as main leads ASAP , where theyre in a living arrangement together with Tammy, forming a totally-not-awkawrd-at-all situation  :tounge_xd: of 2 lovers with a clingy bff-wannabe-her-lover-too who behaves more like a jealous clingy romantic girlfriend on the side  ok ok ok CAN WE HAVE THIS!????..... NOWW!!

....The drama can end with Scarlett ending up with BOTH, and them arrnaging a permanent unconvetional polyamourous relationship trio commitment ok ok!!!
My two ships !! My fangirl :heart: so craving this spinoff!!! B)

Archived